Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

Casu Marzu posted:

Oh hey, that's my usual sushi spot. I should ask the chef if they have real wasabi.

Looks like it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Yeah I was just going to post that. Do that.

Also an ounce was a poo poo ton of wasabi. We shared it with most of the people sitting at the sushi bar.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

:eyepop: Looks like I'm gonna stop in pretty soon, then.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Echeveria posted:

Do you have secondary wives?

Is this no longer a bannable offence?

loving whirled peas ruined GWS.

Skinny King Pimp
Aug 25, 2011
Skinny Queen Wimp

Casu Marzu posted:

:eyepop: Looks like I'm gonna stop in pretty soon, then.

I'll split the cost of the wasabi with you.

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

Scientastic posted:

I really have no idea what is going on :psyduck:

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Skinny King Pimp posted:

I'll split the cost of the wasabi with you.

I'm down.

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

Echeveria posted:

I really have no idea what is going on :psyduck:

Something something proks mom something eat the eggs? Yeah I never figured out what whirled peas was.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Eeyo posted:

Yeah I never figured out what whirled peas was.

poo poo.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
Some things are better not spoken of.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Scientastic posted:

Only asking me about it was bannable. I greatly enjoyed that.

Eeyo posted:

Yeah I never figured out what whirled peas was.
A failed experiment. Sorry Bart.

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

He just wants someone to shake his corks, is that too much to ask??

Scientastic posted:

Don't loving mention loving whirled peas!

This will end up like the beer/wine debacle of 09.

Walking tall and proud, with those blemishes on our common soul is hard enough as it is.

Plus... Why has the constant surprise butt-sexing of Mindphlux stopped? The amount of bans he's gotten lately is pathetic.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

So I thought I'd try making buttermilk by taking a quart of good buttermilk and adding it to a half gallon or so of whole milk that was about to go off. I've let it sit in the fridge for a couple of weeks, and the results are a nice clabbery sort of cheesy buttermilk, sort of like the Indian stuff you make lassi out of. It's really good. I'll make my buttermilk rolls with it today, I believe.

Bob_McBob
Mar 24, 2007
I either use reconstituted buttermilk powder or clabbered milk.

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

Bob_McBob posted:

I either use reconstituted buttermilk powder or clabbered milk.

"clabbered" is a very fine word

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Went over to the spouse's mom for some crazy good Easter brunch and dinner. Ate a ton of good food, and all we had to provide were some glazed egg biscuits. And we returned with the biggest prize of all, a huge hambone! Can't wait to drop that in the slow cooker for soups and broths all week.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
Spending my second Easter alone in Miami. Obviously nothing is open so it's rum, Taco Bell, and cable TV for me.

Tomorrow, however, I'm gonna eat so much fuckin lechon asado.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

Ah, man. Happy easter, bunnielab.

Paper With Lines
Aug 21, 2013

The snozzberries taste like snozzberries!

bunnielab posted:

Spending my second Easter alone in Miami. Obviously nothing is open so it's rum, Taco Bell, and cable TV for me.

Tomorrow, however, I'm gonna eat so much fuckin lechon asado.

I haven't had any of those things since moving in with my girlfriend so uh... I'm a little jealous.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

Whoa I anasthetia rules.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Mr. Wiggles posted:

Whoa I anasthetia rules.

Ain't that the tooth!

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Mr. Wiggles posted:

Whoa I anasthetia rules.

Agreed

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

Mr. Wiggles posted:

Whoa I anasthetia rules.

:catdrugs: Have fun!

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

Whooo yeah percoset too this is great! I ate two Chinese steam buns in the way home, so I think sustenance will not be a problem.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Mr. Wiggles posted:

Whoa I anasthetia rules.

Yeah, that's what Michael Jackson used to say.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Mr. Wiggles posted:

Whooo yeah percoset too this is great! I ate two Chinese steam buns in the way home, so I think sustenance will not be a problem.

Yeah but that's drugged up on anesthesia. You're probably not going to want to when you're relatively sober because it hurts like a bitch and you lose interest because of the opiates. Just make sure you don't get food impacted in there. I had the worst mouth infection that was incredibly painful after a root canal and it turned out to be a 1mm X 1mm piece of tomato peel that had decided it wanted to be a permanent member of the Croatoan mouth club.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Cuban food is so so ugly, but so so good. Those people do amazing things to pork.

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Happy Hat posted:

Plus... Why has the constant surprise butt-sexing of Mindphlux stopped? The amount of bans he's gotten lately is pathetic.

lol never 4get rememberin 2012 happy hat?? i mean you posted the fuckin thread m8, welcome 2 tha gun show :flex: YOUR OWN GUN SHOW??

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3485598

Nicol Bolas
Feb 13, 2009
I cooked a four course easter dinner and then my dad took me out for a birthday dinner at a really good Italian joint the next day and I am really drunk and happy and I wanna thank gws for everything I know about food cookery. Thanks gws you rule.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Nicol Bolas posted:

I cooked a four course easter dinner and then my dad took me out for a birthday dinner at a really good Italian joint the next day and I am really drunk and happy and I wanna thank gws for everything I know about food cookery. Thanks gws you rule.

Drunk posting! Bart, ban this rear end in a top hat.

(Happy birthday!)

PopeCrunch
Feb 13, 2004

internets

Let's all reread M. F. K. Fisher for the thousandth time. Currently at the in-laws and mostly through my annual read of The Art Of Eating and my god this woman wrote about food the way most folks wish they could write about romance. I am borderline aroused at the thought of making a pot of good honest french onion soup when we go back home.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

I ate my first real meal since surgery Tuesday. We met a bunch of friends at a Basque place and oh my gosh I feel so much better. Soup, salad, bread, beans, tongue stew, sweetbreads, fries, lamb shoulder steak, more wine than we could drink, etc. Picon. Yeah.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Mr. Wiggles posted:

I ate my first real meal since surgery Tuesday. We met a bunch of friends at a Basque place and oh my gosh I feel so much better. Soup, salad, bread, beans, tongue stew, sweetbreads, fries, lamb shoulder steak, more wine than we could drink, etc. Picon. Yeah.

Glad you're feeling better. Doesn't seem to have been as horrific as some others have experienced.

Btw, this gluten-free lemon polenta cake is REALLY DELICIOUS. Pretty easy too.
http://www.nigella.com/recipes/view/LEMON-POLENTA-CAKE-5308

therattle fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Apr 11, 2015

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

:barf: Migraines are so loving lovely. Planned on an hour nap, woke up 6 hours later :negative:

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

At least you slept.

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.

PopeCrunch posted:

Let's all reread M. F. K. Fisher for the thousandth time. Currently at the in-laws and mostly through my annual read of The Art Of Eating and my god this woman wrote about food the way most folks wish they could write about romance. I am borderline aroused at the thought of making a pot of good honest french onion soup when we go back home.

If we're talking books, can I just profess my love for Ruth Reichl's Garlic and Sapphires? I really love her writing style. She's a natural storyteller, and I've read that book so many times by now. Like, when I feel sad or down, I'll pull out my copy of it, and read it. Unfortunately, in one of the various moves I've been through I lost the book. So now I'll have to get it on Kindle or something.

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

Casu Marzu posted:

:barf: Migraines are so loving lovely. Planned on an hour nap, woke up 6 hours later :negative:

Do you have migraine meds?

Paper With Lines
Aug 21, 2013

The snozzberries taste like snozzberries!
Totally unrelated to flow of convo: cast iron on the grill owns.

(based on the general thread, I'm not some sort of devotee -- just letting ya'll know.)

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Paper With Lines posted:

Totally unrelated to flow of convo: cast iron on the grill owns.

(based on the general thread, I'm not some sort of devotee -- just letting ya'll know.)

pans on the grill, or grates?

I seasoned the poo poo out of my grates when I got my grill, and I think I burnt off the seasoning (lol million degree instant steak cooking over charcoal chimney)

I had a bitch of a time with them rusting last year, but I think I've finally grilled enough where they're seasoned and it's sticking without rusting. feels good mang. also yeah cast iron grates rule

grills rule

spring rules

life rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004
fire good