Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Genderfluid
Jun 18, 2009

my mom is a slut

The Flood Plain, Mont Saint-Michel by Cameron Mattis, on Flickr

It's been a long time since I posted here, but my senior thesis show is this week and anyone in the New York area is welcome to drop by and look at art/drink free booze. Thursday, March 26th, from 6-8 PM at the Tisch School of the Arts, NYU. 721 Broadway, New York. My work is up in the windows of the building so you don't even have to walk in if you're too shy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Jurong West by alkanphel, on Flickr

Lakeside by alkanphel, on Flickr

XTimmy
Nov 28, 2007
I am Jacks self hatred
Learning to expose all over again after a couple of years of shooting nothing but digital.

Working in cinema has also given me backwards reflexes when it comes to metering, so many stops of highlights, so few of shadows!

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer

This is great

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

Awkward Davies posted:

This is great

gently caress yeah it is

mulls
Jul 30, 2013

alkanphel posted:

So good

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

drat

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

XTimmy posted:

Learning to expose all over again after a couple of years of shooting nothing but digital.

Working in cinema has also given me backwards reflexes when it comes to metering, so many stops of highlights, so few of shadows!

Please keep shooting film.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Untitled by dorkasaurus_rex, on Flickr

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

you and the color red

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

Are you talking in general or about a colour cast? Cause I see no colour cast.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Young Orc
Agreed the skintones look good.

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT MY AP WIRE PHOTOS

8th-snype posted:

Agreed the skintones look good.

looks a touch too red for my taste.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
Picture dump of the family making some sweet sweet wine

Shiraz by mr_student, on Flickr

Shiraz by mr_student, on Flickr

Crushing - Shiraz by mr_student, on Flickr

During Pressing - Pinot Noir by mr_student, on Flickr

Post Pressing - Pinot Noir by mr_student, on Flickr

Post pressing - Pinot Noir by mr_student, on Flickr

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Via del Colosseo by alkanphel, on Flickr

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Getting friends to sit for me.

Edit: specifically asking them if I can portraits of them in their apartment or work space. "Environmental portrait" etc etc.

Eleanor by spikemccue, on Flickr

Awkward Davies fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Apr 3, 2015

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

Looks good, keep going.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

Awkward Davies posted:

Getting friends to sit for me.

Edit: specifically asking them if I can portraits of them in their apartment or work space. "Environmental portrait" etc etc.

The cut off foot is ruining this otherwise great photo me.

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer

8th-snype posted:

The cut off foot is ruining this otherwise great photo me.

Yeah :(

I tried to keep an eye out for extremity cutting, but missed that. Oh well. Next time.

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

All you 4x5 guys need this in your lives:

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

developing two 8x10 negatives at once :getin:

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Dat tonality...

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

ansel autisms posted:

developing two 8x10 negatives at once :getin:

Just did three at once :smug: but only one didn't have terrible light leaks :smith:

Sweet shots btw

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Tried doing some LF street.

I still don't have a good scanner, so cheap DSLR scans that don't do the negatives justice.

I did toss the musicians a coin.

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

nielsm posted:

Tried doing some LF street.

I still don't have a good scanner, so cheap DSLR scans that don't do the negatives justice.

I did toss the musicians a coin.

Nice! Speed/Crown Graphic? I used to do some street stuff with my Speed, once you dial in the Kalart that thing thing is awesome.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Pompous Rhombus posted:

Nice! Speed/Crown Graphic? I used to do some street stuff with my Speed, once you dial in the Kalart that thing thing is awesome.

Yes, in fact the very camera I bought off you :)

I'm waiting for a box of Tmax 100, that should make it easier to get photos at large apertures in sunny weather.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Narita Airport, Chiba by alkanphel, on Flickr

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT MY AP WIRE PHOTOS
Just because I don't really know anything about large format, is there a good place to do some reading/youtubing up on it? What's the goon certified starter pack?

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

Pukestain Pal posted:

Just because I don't really know anything about large format, is there a good place to do some reading/youtubing up on it? What's the goon certified starter pack?

http://www.largeformatphotography.info/
http://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/index.php

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Pukestain Pal posted:

You'll want the Chamonix 045N-2, the most recommended LF camera of the MF/LF Thread :P

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

alkanphel posted:

You'll want the Chamonix 045N-2, the most recommended LF camera of the MF/LF Thread :P

Chamonix, and a 135mm or 150mm is the official starting kit of broke rear end LF goons.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

For actual tight arse's you can get a crown/speed graphic for a fair bit less than a Chamonix. If you do have the cash for a Chamonix however, just buy one.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

8th-snype posted:

Chamonix, and a 135mm or 150mm is the official starting kit of broke rear end LF goons.

Yeah I'd go with the Nikkor-W 150/5.6 if broke.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

alkanphel posted:

Yeah I'd go with the Nikkor-W 150/5.6 if broke.

I'm weird and have way too many LF lenses. I liked starting with the 135mm, my second lens was a 240mm and those pair well.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

8th-snype posted:

I'm weird and have way too many LF lenses. I liked starting with the 135mm, my second lens was a 240mm and those pair well.

I think there's no real answer - I personally started with a 120mm and my 2nd lens was a 210mm.

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Is there anywhere that rents MF lenses? I could use the Pentax 67 45mm lens for a shoot, but not sure I want to spend the money to actually buy it.

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

Awkward Davies posted:

Is there anywhere that rents MF lenses? I could use the Pentax 67 45mm lens for a shoot, but not sure I want to spend the money to actually buy it.

Buy it, use it, sell it?

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer

MrBlandAverage posted:

Buy it, use it, sell it?

That sounds like :effort:

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

Awkward Davies posted:

That sounds like :effort:

I was gonna say it sounds like Daft Punk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR
First 8x10 neg - terrible technically with at least 2 stops of underexposure due to the spectral sensitivity of the Fuji HR-U ansel autisms gave me and also a miscalculated bellows factor. The emulsion on this stuff scratches incredibly easily when wet.

...and later...

• Locked thread