Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Thel posted:

This is basically Sydney FC vs Eugene Galekovic at the moment (and Galekovic is winning so far).

mr punchy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Lol im mad as hell

Thel
Apr 28, 2010

Alex_R posted:

Lol im mad as hell

They'd better credit Galekovic with the assist on that.

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Thel posted:

They'd better credit Galekovic with the assist on that.

hold me down before i walk to Allianz in a drunken fugue

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Alex_R posted:

as a fan of sydney fc i think they will win tonight, however as it's raining, having fox sports in hd and being bitchmade, i'm supporting from my couch and not the stadium even though it's only a couple of miles away

I am probably the only person in the thread currently qualified to say this but harden the gently caress up imo

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Byolante posted:

I am probably the only person in the thread currently qualified to say this but harden the gently caress up imo

b*tch i IV goon bags, fight me irl

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
i also do not think that sydney fc will win this game

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Byolante posted:

it's cold here, south of the tweed

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Mabil we bloody love you!

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Would've posted more Alex but surrounded by family who gave priority to the Collingwood game :-S

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Would've posted more Alex but surrounded by family who gave priority to the Collingwood game :-S

Sweet as, Swans beat the drug fuelled Bombers so I have a win tonight

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Alex_R posted:

Sweet as, Swans beat the drug fuelled Bombers so I have a win tonight

:hfive:

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Idk if you are Swans or glad we destroyed Essendon

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Alex_R posted:

Idk if you are Swans or glad we destroyed Essendon

I'm off to the Swans v GWS game

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Just happy whenever anyone beats the druggies ;)

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
The Easter Sunday edition of the Hyundai A-League game of the Week on Fox Sports 2 is Melbourne Victory taking on Wellington Phoenix starting at 3am est/2am cst/12am pst.

Robo Captain
Sep 28, 2013
Sigmund and Riera both out for the nix. Burns, Krishna, McGlinchey, Griffiths all starting with 3 attacking players on the bench. Ernie going with the 'score more goals than the other team' approach.

Mustafa
Jun 3, 2007
Hay, screw you
Well that was fast

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

But I think those are eyes...
(source)
Jesus Christ victory are boring when they wanna be

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
Filthy kiwis sniping at coe

Robo Captain
Sep 28, 2013

Tongues posted:

Filthy kiwis sniping at coe

He had to wait until we had the ball in a dangerous position before deciding to fall down.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
WTF happened to Coe? He was fine then he was cooked

Robo Captain
Sep 28, 2013
Oh well didn't want that toilet seat anyway.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
I'd be checking the meals on the plane because everyone looks hosed

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
Sweet, looks like we have stumbled arse backwards to the top. I'll take it!

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Are there any matches on today to celebrate the end of the baby Jesus weekend?

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Alex_R posted:

Are there any matches on today to celebrate the end of the baby Jesus weekend?

Newy host Perth later on at 5pm.

A spoon hopeful versus a could be a spoon winner, depending on the size of the penalty.

ronniegardocki
Apr 14, 2012

by Lowtax
west coast best coast

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

ronniegardocki posted:

west coast best coast

Perth just got fuuuuuuuuucked/David Galloped/Melbourne Stormed.

Kicked out of the finals, fined a shitload. There's some big time fallout coming in terms of resignations and general player contract fuckery, but I'm thinking a fair bit of safe money is on Syndey this weekend

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Tongues posted:

Kicked out of the finals, fined a shitload. There's some big time fallout coming in terms of resignations and general player contract fuckery, but I'm thinking a fair bit of safe money is on Syndey this weekend

The Guardian posted:

Football Federation Australia has moved decisively to punish Perth Glory for breaching the A-League salary cap, excluding them from the A-League finals this season and handing down a record $269,000 fine.

At the conclusion of round 27, Perth’s position on the A-League ladder will be adjusted to seventh, sending a lifeline for defending champions Brisbane Roar, currently in seventh place and outside finals reckoning.

A statement released by the FFA said its investigations had found that Glory had “deliberately failed to disclose reportable benefits and payments to at least six players, and from the beginning of the 2014-15 season has been operating in excess of the allowable salary cap of $2.55m by in the order of $400,000”.

Fines totalling $269,000 were also handed down for breaches over the previous three seasons: $200,000 for the transgressions occurring this season, $43,000 for breaches during 2013-14, and $26,000 for breaches during 2012-13.

The governing body said Perth were guilty of three breaches, including payments outside a standard player contract; payments to a player’s family member; payments of travel costs; provision of motor vehicles; and accommodation benefits.

The club is yet to respond, but owner Tony Sage has previously stated that should the FFA find the club guilty it could spell the end for the chief executive, Jason Brewer.

The Glory have seven business days to lodge any appeal against the decision.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Tongues posted:

I actually think this is officially called 'getting Essendoned'

ronniegardocki
Apr 14, 2012

by Lowtax
oh no

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

You did this, Ronnie

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
This still isn't as great as berisha diving on the all time great times perth got hosed but its close.

Jelly and Icecream for all!

Any victory fans coming up here for the 2 games next week I will shout pints for in celebration.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Tongues posted:

Yesssssss lol, even terminating Nichols' loan didn't get them out of it ftw

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Which A-League clubs are picking up which Perth players next season then

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Bogan Krkic posted:

Which A-League clubs are picking up which Perth players next season then

Somebody is going to have some vanilla chocolate magic and I hope to gently caress its not the roar

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
some tasty play today from victory, yum

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

Alex_R posted:

some tasty play today from victory, yum

Tipping a 10-9 goal spastic shitfest with zero defending. Don't let me down you boys in blue!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

delpierre returning from injury and geria not turning it over all the time have made such an insane difference to our buildup lately, we just hold possession so well

• Locked thread