Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Instant Jellyfish posted:

Only sex perverts buy milk by the half gallon.

But I don't like milk, and enjoy baking/cooking. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

But that's the only way I can get it to fit!

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

Captain Monkey posted:

But I don't like milk, and enjoy baking/cooking. :smith:

Samizdata posted:

But that's the only way I can get it to fit!

Sex perverts spotted.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Milky, milky.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXMapqiDsqs

SerialKilldeer
Apr 25, 2014

Don't forget his "other sad groceries," whatever those were.

The Great Burrito
Jan 21, 2008

Is that freedom rock? Well turn it up!

SerialKilldeer posted:

Don't forget his "other sad groceries," whatever those were.

For some reason the first thing to pop in my head are those shrink- wrapped "assorted deli meat" scraps and ends packages. And maybe like off brand porridge.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.

Serperoth posted:

I googled it, and it's even sadder than that. Cosplay is not allowed in Disney parks apparently, so Disneybounding is going to the parks wearing outfits ~inspired~ by a character.

Is there an age restriction on this? I'm pretty sure I've seen pictures of little girls dressed up as princesses at Disneyland before. I have a hard time imagining the conversation at the door turning away some six year old who came all the way from Ohio with her favorite Cinderella dress.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Samfucius posted:

Is there an age restriction on this? I'm pretty sure I've seen pictures of little girls dressed up as princesses at Disneyland before. I have a hard time imagining the conversation at the door turning away some six year old who came all the way from Ohio with her favorite Cinderella dress.

Sounded like STDH to me so I googled

quote:

Fifteen-year-old April Spielman worked and saved for over a year in order to afford tickets herself to Disney World. She also put a lot of dedication into creating her own rather realistic Tinker Bell costume. The plan was for her and her boyfriend to go to Disney World on their own money dressed as Tinker Bell and Peter Pan.

Spielman’s costume was so good that other guests started to ask her if they could take pictures with her. Seems harmless enough to me; maybe it’s because I’m immersed in geek culture, where cosplaying (costume role playing) is a big thing and cosplayers love to take pictures with each other, bonding over their shared enthusiasm. But that’s where it crossed the line for Disney World staff.

When Spielman tried to get in line for a ride, she noticed a bunch of employees coming up behind her. They told her that she wasn’t allowed to wear the costume. That confused Spielman and her parents; there were other girls around Spielman’s age dressed in Disney costumes, so what was wrong with hers?

Spielman’s costume was too good. The suits at Disney World were concerned that other guests at the park would mistake her for an actual cast member.

Disney World’s famous dress code apparently applies to its guests as well (beyond the typical no shirt, no shoes ban), because in the fine print it says that guests over the age of 10 are not allowed to wear Disney costumes, for this very reason.

http://www.families.com/blog/girl-removed-from-disney-world-for-dressing-as-tinker-bell

Dunno how reputable "Families.com" is, (Sounds like more STDH) but over 10 does sound like the cutoff point.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Zaphod42 posted:

Sounded like STDH to me so I googled

http://www.families.com/blog/girl-removed-from-disney-world-for-dressing-as-tinker-bell

Dunno how reputable "Families.com" is, (Sounds like more STDH) but over 10 does sound like the cutoff point.

"Don't wear costumes that might cause customers to confuse you with Disneyland staff" seems like a pretty reasonable restriction.

Not My Leg
Nov 6, 2002

AYN RAND AKBAR!

Ytlaya posted:

"Don't wear costumes that might cause customers to confuse you with Disneyland staff" seems like a pretty reasonable restriction.

From the Disneyland Theme Parks FAQ

quote:

Ensuring that the parks are family friendly is an important part of the Disney experience. In that spirit, we ask you to use your discretion and common sense. Attire that is not appropriate for the theme parks (and which may result in refusal of admittance or ejection) includes but is not limited to:

Adult costumes or clothing that can be viewed as representative of an actual Disney character

Seems like it's a real policy, and it specifically refers to "adult" costumes and clothing. Still think the story sounds like stdh though.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Not My Leg posted:

From the Disneyland Theme Parks FAQ

Seems like it's a real policy, and it specifically refers to "adult" costumes and clothing. Still think the story sounds like stdh though.

Don't forget them busting Santa Claus.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/07/25/christmas-in-july-santa-look-alike-asked-to-leave-disney-world/

He comes in @1:10 mark.

Their concern is well-founded; they don't need a kiddy diddler dressed up like Peter Pan wandering through the place while finding kids to 'play with'. They don't need the lawsuit that would engender.

Khazar-khum has a new favorite as of 08:26 on Apr 2, 2015

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Khazar-khum posted:

Their concern is well-founded; they don't need a kiddy diddler dressed up like Peter Pan wandering through the place while finding kids to 'play with'. They don't need the lawsuit that would engender.

Also, the Disney employee code of conduct is Byzantine and extremely specific. A person in a really good costume doing something against the code could lead to customer complaints and even stupid-people-who-are-assholes lawsuits. Like if your kid saw Peter Pan smoking a cigarette and he is TOTES SCARRED 4 LYFE.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

The Great Burrito posted:

For some reason the first thing to pop in my head are those shrink- wrapped "assorted deli meat" scraps and ends packages. And maybe like off brand porridge.

You can make some pretty killer mac and cheese with the cheese ends from delis. I worked at a deli for a couple months and we would never even tell customers cheese ends were for sale so we could buy them ourselves.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

ranbo das posted:

You can make some pretty killer mac and cheese with the cheese ends from delis. I worked at a deli for a couple months and we would never even tell customers cheese ends were for sale so we could buy them ourselves.

I'm not going to lie. When I need a smoked salmon fix, I will often buy lox trimmings from a nearby store. It's the bits they cut off the lox to make them that pretty triangular shape. Same taste as the main pieces, just smaller.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice

Samizdata posted:

I'm not going to lie. When I need a smoked salmon fix, I will often buy lox trimmings from a nearby store. It's the bits they cut off the lox to make them that pretty triangular shape. Same taste as the main pieces, just smaller.

I want to try this next time I go to the store, but given that the last time I asked the butcher for a pound of ground lamb and he disappeared in the back for a couple of minutes, then proudly handed me a package I didn't notice until checkout was ground beef, I'm not so confident I'll get the same savory smoked bagel add-on you did.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

ibntumart posted:

I want to try this next time I go to the store, but given that the last time I asked the butcher for a pound of ground lamb and he disappeared in the back for a couple of minutes, then proudly handed me a package I didn't notice until checkout was ground beef, I'm not so confident I'll get the same savory smoked bagel add-on you did.

Dunno. My local Kroger's has it at the seafood counter, already sorted out in little sealed transparent containers.

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

We've already seen a dead horse

Ytlaya posted:

I believe that's the same reason our local zoo doesn't allow visitors to wear animal costumes.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
I've been browsing Etiquette Hell.com, where people submit stories of dubious behavior and ask for advice (which so far is solid and sound) and I came across this gem:

quote:

Quite a while ago, there was a post about people touching others without permission. One of the main points of discussion was how people seem to do this to pregnant women. Once you start showing, it’s like you are fair game for anyone who wants to touch your belly. I don’t know who started the idea that pregnant women enjoy this, but I hope that they get schooled on why that is not true.

I am pregnant with my third child. I experienced people touching or trying to touch me without permission during my first and second pregnancies and now that I am showing, it is happening again. This time however, it seems to be happening more frequently and it’s not just “little old ladies”, like it was before. I wanted to share two of the most recent encounters I had with “touchers” and get the Dame and the E-hellions opinions on how I handled them.

First encounter: I was out running errands and shopping. I had already told one person who asked to touch my belly no. They were ok with it. After that, I was thinking about how one of the commenters in the post I referred to earlier saying her sister started rubbing the bellies of people who would rub hers when she was pregnant. I thought how great an idea that was and that I would do that to next person who touched me, or tried to, to see how they would respond.

I had to go to Wal-Mart to pick up something I had ordered online. As I was standing in line at the pickup counter a woman, who appeared to be maybe in her early 40’s, walked up to me with her arms extended and I knew what she was going to do. When she stopped in front and just to the side of me and started reaching for my belly and asking how far along I was, I quickly raised and extended my arms and managed to rub her belly first. She gasped, stepped back and yelled, “What do you think you are doing?!” I calmly replied, “You were going to touch my belly without asking, so I decided to see how you would like it if a complete stranger just started touching you” She yelled, “No one has ever minded before!”, and a few other things I couldn’t quite hear as she was stomping off. I thought, “Good for her but I do mind and I don’t want to be touched.”

The second encounter happened just a few hours ago, as I was standing in the check-out line at the grocery store. I heard a child in the next line talking to someone who turned out to be his mother. It sounded like he was asking her something, but I couldn’t make out the words. I heard the mother say, “Sure honey, go ahead.” A split second later, a small boy appeared in front of me and started forcefully, painfully rubbing my belly. As I instinctively reached out to grasp his hands to stop him, I heard his mom telling another lady in line how little “Johnny” loved to feel babies kicking.

The instant she realized I had grasped his hands to make him stop she raced over saying, “What are you doing? Why are you holding his hands?” I replied, “I don’t like strangers touching me without permission and your son was hurting me.” She said, “He’s not a stranger, he’s a child! He was just trying to get the baby to kick! He’s not hurting you!” I said, ”He is a stranger to me and he was hurting me. You really should not encourage or give him permission to touch strangers, pregnant or not, as some people might accidentally hurt him if he just walks up and puts his hands on people.” She sneered at me and said, “You think you are special because you’re pregnant? My husband is a police officer! I’m going to call him and tell him you threatened to hit our baby and he will have you arrested!” Her son said, “Daddy’s not a policeman.”

Then, the woman in line behind me said, “Maybe I should call my husband, County Sheriff “Smith” and tell him that your son is assaulting a pregnant woman and you are threatening her. Then both of you can get arrested.” She pulled out her cell phone and said, “Shall I?” The woman and her kid went back to their line, fast, and the woman never said another word. Her son kept asking her why she said daddy was a policeman, but she never answered him.

I profusely thanked the sheriff’s wife. She said she was glad to help because she got tired of hearing parents threaten to call the police on someone because people would not let others’ children “run over them.”

I don’t think I was wrong to stop the child from touching me or the woman at Wal-Mart. What does the E-Hell community think?
The person who runs the site advised that maybe "Baby Belly" shouldn't have touched the woman at Wal Mart. She didn't even acknowledge the second part. :mmmhmm:

Also, yes, arrest the literal child who was touching assaulting you.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Creature posted:

I believe that's the same reason our local zoo doesn't allow visitors to wear animal costumes.

Also they're REALLY strict about enforcing that rule.

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I have a friend who has long ginger curly hair and everyone says he looks like a lion, so he bought this t-shirt that had a lions face on it, we went to a zoo, lion lost it's loving mind and attacked the glass.

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

The context for those photos is hilarious
http://www.theatlantic.com/photo/2015/02/zoo-security-drills-when-animals-escape/385346/

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
For the past 3 years(off and on) I've been trying to get into college. Every time I would try the would reject me because of "transcript issues" but they wouldn't elaborate any further.
I eventually got a university to tell what was wrong with my transcript..
My pain in the rear end high school had been sending the wrong one. They had been sending the transcript for a girl who dropped out. We have different names,birthdays and were in different grades.
I get to start this July :)
Since no one is paying attention: the school would not send me or any other student official transcripts, yes that is illegal but the school didn't care.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
At least once you get past all the "OMG you can totes sue for gross negligence and lost potential future wages," most people are pointing out the implausibility of the OP's story. Or sharing their own (generally more believable) tales of high school administrative incompetence.

edit: Content:

quote:

So I was at a popular mexican resturant named Cheekys and while I was there with some friends the conversation starting to get pretty stale since we had been there for about an hour or so. To get to the point, I decided to hop on tinder and look for some potential mates.

After a few minutes of swiping left and right I saw a questionable swipe and handed it over to one of my friends. Who immediately started to laugh and handed the phone back to me and said she was extremely ugly (She wasn't, he is just a douche). So im coming to an agreeance with his opinion I swiped left. Simple as that right? No.

Upon looking up, we see our waitress standing over us staring directly at my phone. It was then that we realized she was the exact same girl on tinder. I could see the pain in her eyes as she dropped the checks onto our table and went to the back of the resturant to presumably cry her eyes out. We didn't see her for the rest of the night and the manager came over to apologize to us that our waitress was feeling ill and couldn't finish helping us.

Feeling like total shitbags we managed to pool together $67.20 in tips to give her. Left a little note on the bottom that said "Hey, we are just dicks. You're actually really pretty :)" and left.

So yeah, today I hosed up by swiping left.

ibntumart has a new favorite as of 06:41 on Apr 6, 2015

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

2nd Battalion
Oh boy.

quote:

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)
I was feeling more Virginia than Louisiana this morning.

invisible jerk
Jul 29, 2013
http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=1352.0

lotta words talking about a goth wedding that sounds a lot like someone's ~*~*dReAm WeDdiNg*~*~ fanfiction but is meant to be from a woman who was horrified by it? or something

and then the goth in question responds

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

invisible jerk posted:

http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=1352.0

lotta words talking about a goth wedding that sounds a lot like someone's ~*~*dReAm WeDdiNg*~*~ fanfiction but is meant to be from a woman who was horrified by it? or something

and then the goth in question responds

"She was about a foot taller than the groom."

What kind of a petty rear end in a top hat do you have to be to care about this? What should she have done, sawed off her legs?

Nyarai
Jul 19, 2012

Jenn here.

hyperhazard posted:

"She was about a foot taller than the groom."

What kind of a petty rear end in a top hat do you have to be to care about this? What should she have done, sawed off her legs?

I thought the implication is that she was wearing some dumb goth boots with high heels or somesuch.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

Nyarai posted:

I thought the implication is that she was wearing some dumb goth boots with high heels or somesuch.

It says combat boots, but that wouldn't make someone who was normally close to someone else's height be a foot taller than them. I read it the same as hyperhazard, a "ew gross what a weirdo dating/marrying a short guy" sentiment. Like that the woman is such a freak that she can't find anyone her own height or "correctly tall" to go out with/marry her.

It was also probably somewhat of an exaggeration but, you know. STDH and all.

Sierra Nevadan
Nov 1, 2010

reddit posted:

I actually witnessed this interaction yesterday while I was shopping at my local electronics store, with the blue-polo-and-tan-khaki-pants uniform style. Over in the next aisle was another customer, (I'll call her "Customer #1") -- wearing a white button-up shirt and dark khaki pants. Based on her dress (even though it was non-standard for the store, it looked professional) and general "no-nonsense" demeanor I guess I can partly understand why "Customer #2" (soon to enter our story) assumed automatically that Customer #1 was a manager.

Exchange proceeded as follows:

Customer #2 (making a beeline for Customer #1): "Thank God, I've been looking for a manager for 15 minutes. I've been having a problem with my..."

Customer #1: "Sorry, I don't work here, there should be a manager up front."

Customer #2 (flustered, a bit annoyed): "I've been waiting to find you for 20 minutes, you're not going to brush me off that easily. Now here's what I need..."

This escalates through several rounds of conversation, with customer #2 escalating her offense, disbelief, and general attitude of entitlement, while customer #1 escalates in parallel, finally using her best crowd-control voice ...

... as she pulls out her badge and identifies herself as an off-duty police officer.

Customer #1: "MY NAME IS LIEUTENANT [her name] AND I'M OFF-DUTY WITH [city] POLICE. BACK OFF NOW OR I PLACE YOU UNDER ARREST!"

Customer #2 (on auto-pilot and taking a while to process): "...NEVER BEEN TREATED SO POORLY IN MY LIFE! I'M GOING TO REPORT THIS ENTIRE STORE TO YOUR HEADQUAR... ahh ... umm ..."

Then customer #2's face turns various shades of red and ghost-white in turn. Then she faints dead-on. Paramedics had to be called. I got to be an official witness for the police report.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

2nd Battalion
Moar customars!

quote:

Rated ‘M’ For Mother
VIDEO GAME STORE | PA, USA | FAMILY & KIDS, TECHNOLOGY
(I decide to stop at my favorite video game store at the mall the very day that the final entry to an insanely popular video game trilogy is released. It’s reasonably crowded due to this and nearly everyone in the store is purchasing this game.)

Customer #1: *speaking loud enough that half the store can hear her over the chatter* “This is the game he wants?”

Customer #1’s Husband: “Yeah. He has the other two, so I told him we’d get it.”

Customer #1: “What’s this rated?” *she looks at the back* “There’s blood and violence in this! I’m not buying our son a murder simulator! He’s going to think it’s okay to shoot people!”

(That part of the store gets quiet quickly and everyone who heard what had been said turns to look at her, some of them holding a copy of the game of which she was referring.)

Customer #2: “Ma’am, I respect your decision not to buy your son something you feel is inappropriate for him and applaud you for looking into things before you buy them for him, but I’d like to point out that it’s generally not a good idea to vocally imply a room full of strangers are murderers for liking a game.”

Customer #1: “Oh… um… sorry…”

(She couldn’t have gotten out of there quick enough. The rest of the store laughed and things quickly went back to normal. A few minutes later, her husband comes back to buy the game.)

Employee: “Oh, are you the one who was in here with that woman earlier? You’re buying this for your son, right? I trust you’re already aware that this game is rated ‘M.'”

Customer #1’s Husband: “Yeah. You don’t have to give me the spiel about that, though. She forgot that he’s 23…”

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
My parents also bought me video games at game stores when I was in my early twenties.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Paladinus posted:

My parents also bought me video games at game stores when I was in my early twenties.

I'm sorry your parents don't buy you presents relating to your interests. My parents just buy me PSN cards nowadays, but it wasn't uncommon to visit home during Uni and have a new game waiting for me to take back.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

Sierra Nevadan posted:

Then customer #2's face turns various shades of red and ghost-white in turn. Then she faints dead-on. Paramedics had to be called. I got to be an official witness for the police report.

This segment alone is worth a Bingo win. "I got to be an official witness for the police report" is like the asexual equivalent of "I married Customer #1."

Leninboarrir
May 11, 2006

stupid monster
BACK OFF NOW OR I PLACE YOU UNDER ARREST

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

sweeperbravo posted:

This segment alone is worth a Bingo win. "I got to be an official witness for the police report" is like the asexual equivalent of "I married Customer #1."

Though I must say this is the first time I see a customer faint in their story - they usually scurry out embarassed. Are they... evolving?

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous
Random, nonsensical outburst followed by rapid skin color change and fainting? That's less "Ha ha, stupid customer" and more "And that's when they discovered the brain tumor."

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

quote:

Customer #2: “Ma’am, I respect your decision not to buy your son something you feel is inappropriate for him and applaud you for looking into things before you buy them for him, but I’d like to point out that it’s generally not a good idea to vocally imply a room full of strangers are murderers for liking a game.”

This makes it sound like they were ready to assault the woman or something.

SodomyGoat101
Nov 20, 2012

WaltherFeng posted:

This makes it sound like they were ready to assault the woman or something.

Well, they were gamers...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

At that point in the story you're assuming the kid is like seven years old, and that's a pretty reasonable/common "mom worry" when exposing their child to media, it's not like it would draw the attention of every customer in the sto--oh I'm pointing out plot holes in an NAR story never mind

• Locked thread