Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

meet rascal :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Tusen Takk posted:

He is so cute. :allears:

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004
Them puppy eyes!

InitialDave posted:

Please tell me you gave him the "A-OK" hand sign and mouthed "Nice!" at him.

This made my night

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Tusen Takk posted:

God drat that's a cute puppy. Those eyes are amazing!

You can totally troll for young ladies with him. :pervert:

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

It's me. I have the best taste in color.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

The Locator posted:

God drat that's a cute puppy. Those eyes are amazing!

You can totally troll for young ladies with him. :pervert:

I'll have to loan it out to my brother than, he could use the help lol

my wife is basically a cooing puddle at the moment

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Comrade Flynn posted:

Get rid of that lovely knockoff lambo door hinge, poser.

Thelonious
Jul 16, 2005

Tusen Takk posted:

Pros:
-see the newest big three cars before everyone else
-the UP

I actually see just as many test cars up here in the yoop than when I lived downstate.

A friend of mine has a gig driving laps around the county in test mules. Unfortunately they don't trust the plebes with anything cool. He's currently tooling around in some jeep turd that I forget the name of.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Tusen Takk posted:

Oh my gaaaaaaawd! :kiddo:

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Comrade Flynn posted:

I dunno about that green though.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Right now I'm watching a neighbour's dogs for the next week since they're neurotic as gently caress and need someone to sleep with them. They gave us $150 for the weekend last time we did this, but only $200 for the full week which is kind of annoying, but also kind of my fault since I never told them a price. Now i'm missing Rascal be adorable (but also not getting woken up every two hours) while drinking their huge selection of booze. First up: gin and sprite because they have no other soda in the house and I'm not a super huge fan of jack and coke.

more puppy pictures:

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'

Comrade Flynn posted:

I have problems, awesome lambo in the foreground and my eyes go right to the dormer on the house in the background because I want to redo mine to be that style (though wider). Dang, it looks like that place has a front porch too!

BTW, if you're still feeling unsure about leather cleaner you can always just drop by and try out my lexol or griots on a spot. We're like 15-20 minutes away from each other.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Comrade Flynn posted:

can i play :v:

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Tusen Takk posted:

First up: gin and sprite because they have no other soda in the house

Nothing wrong with that. I like my gin with Sprite and a little bit of cranberry or red grapefruit juice.

Turbo Fondant fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Apr 5, 2015

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Tommychu posted:

I like my gin with Sprite and a little bit of cranberry or red grapefruit juice. Nothing wrong with that.

Yeah i'm six deep so far. i found some red cherry stuff that is yummy in it and also i am now out of gin so that is p sad

these dogs are chill for some reason which is great. normally thrye all over me

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

it's really lovely 8 dollr gin but they have yummy schnapps which is nice

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

I love blues like that, seriously considering repainting my convertible in some crazy blue if I can swing it.

Coolest thing happened today at the emissions station, which is the opposite of what usually happens. I rolled my C70 in there and they just rolled it past the dyno, hooked up OBD and passed it. Now, Colorado just passed a rule saying 2005 and up cars do this from now on, instead of wasting time on the dyno. My car is a 2003. So I was like "what's up?" and the guy said "With low profile tires like yours it's real easy for us to damage the wheel lip on our dyno so I just forced it to let me do the OBD test."

Dude lookin out for my sick rimpz saved me a ton of time and the fear of failure due to my aftermarket cat. I have the rear O2 tricked with a spacer.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Walked past this on the way into the building today, it had a poorly fitted and primed rear bumper and fake hood scoops. Good to know he was at peace with what he was.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

LloydDobler posted:

Coolest thing happened today at the emissions station, which is the opposite of what usually happens. I rolled my C70 in there and they just rolled it past the dyno, hooked up OBD and passed it. Now, Colorado just passed a rule saying 2005 and up cars do this from now on, instead of wasting time on the dyno. My car is a 2003. So I was like "what's up?" and the guy said "With low profile tires like yours it's real easy for us to damage the wheel lip on our dyno so I just forced it to let me do the OBD test."

Dude lookin out for my sick rimpz saved me a ton of time and the fear of failure due to my aftermarket cat. I have the rear O2 tricked with a spacer.

2005?!

We do OBD2 testing on anything 1996 and up. Good to know he was looking out for you though.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Rhyno posted:

Walked past this on the way into the building today, it had a poorly fitted and primed rear bumper and fake hood scoops. Good to know he was at peace with what he was.

I know the pieces fit
'cause I put them on with tape

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Anyone have any experience with or know if the National Motorists Association is worth it?

I mean, I have already re-upped my membership that had lapsed in 2008 since it was only 35bux for a year but I wondered if anyone here had any experience with them.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Put in my 2 weeks notice today. Boss was cool about it, said I have a spot if I ever want to come back, and we agreed my last day will be the end of the next schedule (so next Sunday). Win win for everyone, it's been pretty obvious to him that I haven't been very happy for awhile.

Pizza Hut's scheduling starts on Tuesday for some weird reason, newold boss asked if I wanted to start on Tuesday or Wednesday. I have class on Tuesday night, so I opted for Wednesday.

Got hired without ever picking up the phone, newold boss saw my application come through (for a different store, I guess every store in a certain radius gets a copy?) and IM'd me on Facebook. Said he'd check with his boss about rehiring me, woke up to this today:

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Double post.

Something unholy has been unleashed in my bowels. As in "I don't remember wiping my rear end with a used tampon" unholy. :frogout: I'm hoping it's just a hemorrhoid, but uh, the last poop left a murder scene in the toilet. (April Chat Thread: Bloody Bowel Foreword by STR)

And the dog won't stop pacing for some reason. Can't tell if he managed to eat something he shouldn't have (again) and got stopped up (again), or if he's freaking out about the weather (he almost craps himself at a gust of wind). :ohdear: Usually when he gets stopped up he'll go outside and squat, and nothing ever comes out until he gets the roto rooter treatment at the vet - when I took him out a few minutes ago, he just wandered into the yard and stared at me until I went out into the minefield and coaxed him back inside.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Apr 5, 2015

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
Getting ready to cull the herd of my old university textbooks. On one hand, it feels weird to chuck four digits worth of perfectly good books. On the other hand I haven't opened them in years, they're horribly outdated, I've tried selling the lot without a single bit of interest and they can probably all be had as ebooks should the need arise.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Tusen Takk posted:

I'm no doge person but that's a hell of a cutey

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Rhyno posted:

A maybe 10 year old kid just totally caught me checking out his incredibly hot mom's rear end. He looked so disappointed in me.
Some day he'll understand.

Tusen Takk posted:

Good bye sleep and sanity...hello awesome puppy. Congrats again.

Comrade Flynn posted:

That is a pretty drat good color. I'm back to basic 2x black, 3x silver cars but now I'm wondering what the 320i would look like in that blue.

some texas redneck posted:

Got hired without ever picking up the phone, newold boss saw my application come through (for a different store, I guess every store in a certain radius gets a copy?) and IM'd me on Facebook. Said he'd check with his boss about rehiring me, woke up to this today:

Sucks Jeff's didn't work out for you, this one looks like it's off to a good start.

Holy poo poo I ate so much food last night and don't regret any of it. Friend made brats, ribs, pulled pork, lamb and something else in his Big Green Egg. Local restaurant owner brought over some awesome bacon potato salad and other sides. Good day to sit around the grill then later the fire sampling rum, scotch, whiskey and a few different beers.

Time to play with my new mower. Pretty sure it's a sign I'm getting old when I'm excited about a lawn mower.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

bolind posted:

Getting ready to cull the herd of my old university textbooks. On one hand, it feels weird to chuck four digits worth of perfectly good books. On the other hand I haven't opened them in years, they're horribly outdated, I've tried selling the lot without a single bit of interest and they can probably all be had as ebooks should the need arise.

Well yeah but what happens when the Obamocalypse comes and you need to reference them to make stuff?

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
It's mainly in the CS field. I'll start with and, or, xor, 0 and 1 and work out the rest from there if you guys' presidential crisis somehow becomes my problem.

Plus, who need books on OpenGL version $OLD and wireless networks where WEP is the industry standard and 802.11g is RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER ANY DAY NOW!.

Don't worry, all the timeless stuff stays. Basic algebra and calculus, Book of Dennis & Brian etc.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

bolind posted:

It's mainly in the CS field. I'll start with and, or, xor, 0 and 1 and work out the rest from there if you guys' presidential crisis somehow becomes my problem.

Plus, who need books on OpenGL version $OLD and wireless networks where WEP is the industry standard and 802.11g is RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER ANY DAY NOW!.

Don't worry, all the timeless stuff stays. Basic algebra and calculus, Book of Dennis & Brian etc.

Oh god WEP *shudders*

I saw Interstellar. I loved it. Its a stretch, sure, but it still feels more honest than other space movies that have been done.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Apr 5, 2015

Moxie Omen
Mar 15, 2008

please please just put my brain in the jar with the pleasure dial turned up to 11 already

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Who needs pickup trucks :colbert:

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Mat_Drinks posted:

I have problems, awesome lambo in the foreground and my eyes go right to the dormer on the house in the background because I want to redo mine to be that style (though wider). Dang, it looks like that place has a front porch too!

BTW, if you're still feeling unsure about leather cleaner you can always just drop by and try out my lexol or griots on a spot. We're like 15-20 minutes away from each other.

Yeah, we have a front porch, two back porches and the best part:

The entire roof is a patio!

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Patio with a hell of a nice view too!

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx

NitroSpazzz posted:

The M5 came with a hideous radio head unit. The rest of the stereo install is decent and will likely stay but I need a head unit that matches the rest of the car. Are there any companies that make head units that look like mid/late 80's BMW style but would function with a newer audio install? Basically I don't want a big screen, a bunch of lights and graphics.

edit: I'm stupid, ignore me

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

So here's an interesting bit from the '15 Focus owner's manual, with the base 2.0 N/A engine: "Premium unleaded gas will provide improved performance and is recommended for severe duty usage, for example a fully loaded vehicle." I figured that was more of a thing in higher-end cars where you're lucky they even allow regular gas for that particular engine, or more sophisticated engines like the 1.0 Ecoboost... but this is just a conventional four-banger compact. Weird.

Friar Zucchini fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Apr 5, 2015

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

My wife and I just went on an Easter picnic. Homemade chicken salad, homemade blueberry almond pound cake, and a selection of cheeses. We drove down to the island where Meigs Field used to be[0], and set our blanket out where the runway was. Afterwards, we put the top down on the Jeep and tooled around Chicago.

[0]Meigs Field (formerly the default airport for Microsoft Flight Simulator) is an interesting story. The airport leased the land from the Chicago Parks District. When the lease ran out in the early 90s, the City of Chicago and the State of Illinois fought some political battles over whether to renew. A deal was struck in 2001 to keep the airport open another 25 years, but the funding fell through. At 2 AM on March 31, 2004, Mayor Daley ordered city bulldozers to bulldoze big Xs across the runway. The city got away with it scot free after paying a $33,000 fine to the FAA for not giving them 30 days notice before altering a charted instrument approach.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Just got back from the new F&F. It was pretty good.

Surprised to see a metric chassis in there though.

fjelltorsk
Sep 2, 2011

I am having a BALL
I just drove 600kms over 11 hours due to a shitload of traffic, one accident where we arrived as second car and had to help out. (no major injuries). I am so tired.

Things i have learned about my Tesla as a long distance car
-As long as you can make a stop at a supercharger you are golden
-it handles stop start traffic jams like a champ
-Kids gets restless after enough hours, no matter what entertainmentsystem you have.
-The tesla is seriously roomy.
-But that does not help when you put your Iphone 6+ on the roof when strapping kids in, and forget it.
- "insane mode" overtakes are fun for the whole family

i have to wait untill tuesday to replace my phone. I hope some of the photos i took on the trip home made it to dropbox

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Moved all day yesterday and I am totally wiped out. Still have several car loads of stuff to go. Unfortunately the new place does not have a garage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Friar Zucchini posted:

So here's an interesting bit from the '15 Focus owner's manual, with the base 2.0 N/A engine: "Premium unleaded gas will provide improved performance and is recommended for severe duty usage, for example a fully loaded vehicle." I figured that was more of a thing in higher-end cars where you're lucky they even allow regular gas for that particular engine, or more sophisticated engines like the 1.0 Ecoboost... but this is just a conventional four-banger compact. Weird.

I had a 2012 that said that too, I honestly never felt a difference between 87, 89, and 93 octane in that car. I was hoping for better... something, and it was just same herky-jerky mess.

• Locked thread