Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

psyopmonkey posted:

3-5Days depending on which network its on.

Overseas stuff takes a week.

Cool, thanks. I wonder if PSN would possibly be faster? I know it's silly, but there's a lady at my work who doesn't really understand the concept of spoilers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Wolf Cop rules.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Rolo posted:

Wolf Cop rules.

Is it fun bad like troll2 or is it just bad?

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Why is all of MASH up, except for the finale? Bizarre.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

psyopmonkey posted:

Is it fun bad like troll2 or is it just bad?

It was fun bad.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Re-watching 3rd Rock from the Sun. It reminds me how impressed I was at how long they could run with that gimmicky premise.

Also the new season of Louie is good, and it's crazy how bad he is at passionate romance scenes. I'm sure that's intentional - like to make it awkward as possible, but it gets so awkward that I think it hits an extra, not-intentional level of awkward, if that makes sense.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Captain Lavender posted:

Re-watching 3rd Rock from the Sun. It reminds me how impressed I was at how long they could run with that gimmicky premise.

Also the new season of Louie is good, and it's crazy how bad he is at passionate romance scenes. I'm sure that's intentional - like to make it awkward as possible, but it gets so awkward that I think it hits an extra, not-intentional level of awkward, if that makes sense.

On the other hand, I cannot get over how unbelievably great and natural his rapport is with the actresses that play his daughters. He's just the best dad :3:

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
Whoever recommended Moone Boy, I loving love you. This show is hilarious.

Any other good Irish/British shows?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Whoever recommended Moone Boy, I loving love you. This show is hilarious.

Any other good Irish/British shows?

Did you already watch Peep Show and That Mitchell and Webb Look?

Those are pretty good.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Crow Jane posted:

Apologies if this is a dumb question, but I'm new to Amazon Prime. How soon after air date will I be able to purchase new episodes of shows? I'd like to keep up with Mad Men if possible, and the new season starts Sunday.

psyopmonkey posted:

3-5Days depending on which network its on.

Overseas stuff takes a week.

That's weird, everything I've wanted to watch on Prime has always been available the next day. I mean I figured it probably varies by area but, I just assumed in the States it was next day everywhere.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

syscall girl posted:

Did you already watch Peep Show and That Mitchell and Webb Look?

Those are pretty good.

Sadly yes. They were great.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Father Ted?

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.

Snuff Box?

Edit: I guess they took that off Netflix. That's a shame.

Anyone checked out VHS: Viral?

jodai has a new favorite as of 02:51 on Apr 6, 2015

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.

jodai posted:

Snuff Box?

Edit: I guess they took that off Netflix. That's a shame.

Anyone checked out VHS: Viral?

Yes. It's boring.

Nothing they've made is as good as that Malaysian piece in 2. That poo poo was awesome.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Crow Jane posted:

New season Bob's Burgers has just been added. Time for some serious binge-watching.

Just binged it and it was fantastic. Love this show.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
Does Broadchurch get good?

Im on Episode 1 and im kinda :shrug: about it.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

psyopmonkey posted:

Does Broadchurch get good?

Im on Episode 1 and im kinda :shrug: about it.

I liked it as some decent background tv, but it never really gets great, but it's never bad either.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Leper Residue posted:

I liked it as some decent background tv, but it never really gets great, but it's never bad either.

Good enough for me.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
Just finished watching Bloodlines. Was pretty good the whole way through, though I'm a bit meh on the ending. Made by the people who did Damages.

For those that have watched it.
Suprise son! Obvious it was coming but wasn't that a storyline/season ender in one of the seasons of Damages?

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

You beautiful son of a bitch. Someone recommended this to me a few months back and I completely forgot what it was called. I'll get on it now.

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###

Vriess posted:

Yes. It's boring.

Nothing they've made is as good as that Malaysian piece in 2. That poo poo was awesome.

I really dug the second piece, the one with the invention. It was a lot of fun and holds up well to the Malaysian piece. The other two are bad, especially the first. Calling it a found footage is a blatant lie.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Captain Lavender posted:

I always hated the show when it was on but my fiancé put it on while we were playing some board game and I got kind of hooked. It's weird that it is simultaneously 90s as hell but still has aged well.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Ryoshi posted:

I always hated the show when it was on but my fiancé put it on while we were playing some board game and I got kind of hooked. It's weird that it is simultaneously 90s as hell but still has aged well.

Yeah, there's a lot of talent on that show. And 15 years later, I don't even mind as much that French Stewart is just a low-rent Kramer.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.

Watrick posted:

I really dug the second piece, the one with the invention. It was a lot of fun and holds up well to the Malaysian piece. The other two are bad, especially the first. Calling it a found footage is a blatant lie.

I really wanted to like it. I watched it even though Vriess warned me about it. I think they all could have been good, especially the skateboard one. I just wish they would have dropped the found footage premise because I like anthologies but I think it's holding back a lot of these films. I did like the creepiness of the invention one but I thought the resolution was not very good.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
Season 4 of Wilfred and season 2 of Legit is on Netflix. Theyre great background noise.

:toot:

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

psyopmonkey posted:

Season 4 of Wilfred and season 2 of Legit is on Netflix. Theyre great background noise.

:toot:

I can't stand Jim Jefferies stand up, but I find Legit hilarious. It's raunchy as hell and that's how I like my comedy.

Also Wilfred is awesome, and more of it is fantastic.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Leper Residue posted:

I can't stand Jim Jefferies stand up, but I find Legit hilarious. It's raunchy as hell and that's how I like my comedy.

Also Wilfred is awesome, and more of it is fantastic.

Yeah, I used to just dismiss Legit but gave it a shot after a friend recommended it and really liked it. Aside from the raunchiness it also has a lot of heart. I can't really think of anything else that treats disabled characters the way that show did; whenever Rodney would show up you knew poo poo was gonna be good.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Wave Twisters is available in most outlets and it's pretty wild. It's a 45 minute sci fi hip hopera that's animated to an album by DJ QBert.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

amityville anus posted:

Wave Twisters is available in most outlets and it's pretty wild. It's a 45 minute sci fi hip hopera that's animated to an album by DJ QBert.

Oh man, Wave Twisters. I remember buying the dvd, a poo poo ton of weed and inviting a bunch of friends over to watch this. It was pretty awesome. I've since grown out of really liking scratch music, but I still think the movie is pretty rad.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

The Mentalizer posted:

Yeah, I used to just dismiss Legit but gave it a shot after a friend recommended it and really liked it. Aside from the raunchiness it also has a lot of heart. I can't really think of anything else that treats disabled characters the way that show did; whenever Rodney would show up you knew poo poo was gonna be good.

rodney is the man

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

The Mentalizer posted:

That's weird, everything I've wanted to watch on Prime has always been available the next day. I mean I figured it probably varies by area but, I just assumed in the States it was next day everywhere.

A few days late, but thank you. Mad Men was up by the time I got home from work Monday, and it was glorious.

20,000 Days on Earth is up on Prime, for free. It's a quasi-documentary about a day in the life of Nick Cave, and it's just fantastic.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

The Mentalizer posted:

There was a delay with the first episode of last season because of a music rights issue, but it got hashed out pretty quick and they threw in a decent promotional credit for the hassle.

Big Centipede
Mar 20, 2009

it tingles
It's been on for a while now, but if you haven't seen There Will Be Blood you really need too. It's one of the best movies ever made.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I imagine it's only up on UK Netflix, but people should check out PhoneShop.

I remember watching it when it first aired and for some reason, I thought it was terrible, but on rewatch, it's actually great.

Although if you're not good with modern London slang/Jafaican, it's going to seem like an entirely different language.

Kayvan Novak pops up in two episodes and steals the entire show with his ridiculousness.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

The Mentalizer posted:

How so, do you mind if I ask? I've never seen the show, but my wife teaches a college course on Disability and Media, so we're always looking for decent pop culture examples of characters with disabilities (ideally portrayed in positive or at least "normal" ways).

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.
Starry Eyes was garbage.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

How so, do you mind if I ask? I've never seen the show, but my wife teaches a college course on Disability and Media, so we're always looking for decent pop culture examples of characters with disabilities (ideally portrayed in positive or at least "normal" ways).

It's kind of hard to explain, but for the most part they had a number of developmentally disabled folks as secondary characters and did a really good job of portraying them as just another dude as opposed to highlighting them because of their disability (or worse, having that be the point of the character or the joke itself). Whenever they would show up they'd just be another part of the gang. It reminded me a bit of hanging out with my cousin, and the way it just isn't really an issue in day to day life if that makes any sense.

I could be way off base, of course, and there may be something offensive there that I missed, so anyone can feel free to correct me if there is.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

The Mentalizer posted:

It's kind of hard to explain, but for the most part they had a number of developmentally disabled folks as secondary characters and did a really good job of portraying them as just another dude as opposed to highlighting them because of their disability (or worse, having that be the point of the character or the joke itself). Whenever they would show up they'd just be another part of the gang. It reminded me a bit of hanging out with my cousin, and the way it just isn't really an issue in day to day life if that makes any sense.

I could be way off base, of course, and there may be something offensive there that I missed, so anyone can feel free to correct me if there is.

Ironically enough they didn't bother to make an actual descriptive audio track so blind viewers could watch the show until a bunch of people complained online.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

The Babadook is up on Netflix. It's pretty intense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

Crow Jane posted:

The Babadook is up on Netflix. It's pretty intense.

It had some creepy visuals, but I sure was getting sick to death of hearing that god damned kid scream. Moooooooooooooooooommmmmmm!!!!! Baaaaaaabadooook!!!!! x 4 billion