Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

Cummander ross, reporting for duty!

:gooncamp:
World of Tanks: I have no idea what the gently caress anymore. It was the most bizarre, autistic poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

rossmum posted:

World of Tanks: I have no idea what the gently caress anymore. It was the most bizarre, autistic poo poo.

I don't throw that term around lightly. People in that clan were deathly afraid of using their words to express themselves or communicate with clanmates, and some players even when confronted with a direct message or question would either ignore it or evade it. I never pushed it that hard, but it was really off putting.

You'd think I'd fit in perfectly with a clan of actual autistic people, so maybe I'm wrong.

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

Hellsau posted:

I don't throw that term around lightly. People in that clan were deathly afraid of using their words to express themselves or communicate with clanmates, and some players even when confronted with a direct message or question would either ignore it or evade it. I never pushed it that hard, but it was really off putting.

You'd think I'd fit in perfectly with a clan of actual autistic people, so maybe I'm wrong.

Autistic people often struggle with processing normal levels of stimuli, producing what we refer to as "sensory overload". Sadly, having Hellsau in your TS channel creates a high-stimuli environment.

That being said, I don't think any tank goon should be allowed within earshot of the developmentally disordered.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

A match in which I commisar a failtoon member and the other proceeds to actively sabotage the game

srb
Jul 24, 2007

Hellsau posted:

PINGU is mostly adequate players, rerolls and alt accounts - less than thirty on a night. Was doing strongholds, we were winning 9 to 5, and we capped out instead of killing them. Highest XP on the team was 400. I asked if we could spend the extra 40 seconds to finish the enemy to earn three times the XP, and they said boxes were what mattered. I said okay, swap me out for the dude waiting for a spot, and went to go pub it up.

Kicked from clan, kicked from TS, no words or warning from Twin_Turb0. Ryan came by the next day, asked wtf happened, and said I can come back if I wanted. Twin is in THUGZ now. I have no idea what the gently caress anymore. It was the most bizarre, autistic poo poo.

That guy sent me a post-battle recruitment message. That's scraping the barrel.

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

Atomizer posted:

So... they couldn't figure out that you only kick inactives when you have a replacement lined up? Like, for the purposes of holding chips, inactives are still valuable. I mean, this is how I handle clan management and we don't even do CW. I actually learned the value of this a couple years ago, before ever leading a clan! :psyboom:

Was it always like that in -G-? I was under the impression that you guys did at least some practicing, rather than pulling a SGLE thing and not practicing at all, running the same strat over and over until it gets cracked.

Both questions can really be answered by the burnout after the campaign/fucktarded 111 grind event. All of the old callers that have been running things in g wanted breaks and nobody good stepped up. The mini campaign thing came along and we essentially had people who hadn't ever called before running every single fight.

The inactive were kicked because we were going to just get off the map and do skirmishes or w/e but then a bunch of stuff came up that has prevented me from playing in the last few weeks so I have no idea how that went.

srb
Jul 24, 2007
A T71 just charged my Patton right after I had fired. Bad news, gonna take a bunch of damage, right?

Except he shot me with HE. A full clip. 68 damage total. 40k battles played, 1k wn8.

"I wouldn't have penned anyways" was his defense.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Should of just went with "Comedy option" as an acceptable defense.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

srb posted:

That guy sent me a post-battle recruitment message. That's scraping the barrel.

PINGU really needs actual bodies - we could not field two teams for a planned Stronghold Defense and the Exhibition tournament on either Saturday or Sunday. You're much better than a lot of the actives as well.

JohnGalt
Aug 7, 2012
http://wotreplays.com/site/1768296#team

When pubbies dont let you carry them.

On the topic of rerolls. Why do people reroll blue and then parade around their stats? They aren't kidding anyone.

Dalaram
Jun 6, 2002

Marshall/Kirtaner 8/24 nevar forget! (omg pedo)

JohnGalt posted:

Why do people:
- reroll
- parade around their stats

ftfy

srb
Jul 24, 2007

JohnGalt posted:

http://wotreplays.com/site/1768296#team

When pubbies dont let you carry them.

On the topic of rerolls. Why do people reroll blue and then parade around their stats? They aren't kidding anyone.

That is a huge gap between first and second, drat.

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

https://gfycat.com/SafeFirstAurochs

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Did an arti hit him after he crashed? He just kind of died, then exploded after about a second.

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

Hellsau posted:

Did an arti hit him after he crashed? He just kind of died, then exploded after about a second.

It gave me credit for pushing him off a cliff, so I'm assuming no.

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
It's the only way to live
In cars

Ensign Expendable posted:

Yes, get a tier 6 and start strongholding with PANSY. I'm sure they'll help you get there in no time.

But it says in their thread they only want players with endgame tanks? :confused:

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!
Played a few games over the past week. Got five different people who said they though NTR was a dead clan.

Turns out all of NTR, in an unspoken consensus, just stopped played tanks over a period of a few months.

It took a ton of tries to get the damaged blocked mission done in a heavy tank for the T28C. Finally got it on a rather silly defeat.

http://wotreplays.com/site/1768743#malinovka-desuwa-vk_72_01_k

Ended up with over 10k damage blocked - this tank has one of the most usable armour layouts in the game - and this would have blown past the requirements for HT-15 for the 260 with about 19k dealt/received/blocked. Don't exactly play well but eh.

Desuwa fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Apr 5, 2015

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

The Unlife Aquatic posted:

But it says in their thread they only want players with endgame tanks? :confused:

naw, all you need is a deep love of Lord Obama and willingness to promote the homosexual agenda

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Someone ran into me whilst driving my t49 and then accused me a getting in the way, so I did the reasonable thing and shot him for 800 dmg then drove away before he could react. He spent the whole game tracking me down so he could put 2 shells into me as we were moping up and then got his dumbass banned. Fun times.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

LostCosmonaut posted:

It gave me credit for pushing him off a cliff, so I'm assuming no.
I'm guessing that the fall killed all his crew, thus giving you the kill, then someone else exploded his tank.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

BIG HEADLINE posted:

ESPRT landed to the north of PBKAC and started butchering PUPEH (no longer a PETCO sub-clan since Alphyn is gone) and BUNEH (who held Vermont and New Hampshire for offset stacks and because no one else wanted it). We (since I was still in the clan at that point) tried to fight off ESPRT like a good parent clan and proceeded to get our poo poo pushed in night after night, up to and including losing NYC to them a few times. I - not to put much weight on it - got tired of hearing the same poo poo being said night after night, so I 'pulled a SirMolle' (EVE Goons will know what this means) yet still checked up on how things were going.

So imagine my surprise when all of a sudden ESPRT has retreated from PBKAC land and held all of PUPEH, BUNEH, and 1-2 PBKAC provinces while PBKAC pretty much controls everything status quo anti-fuckem.

Not long after that Gyarados kicks ~1/3 of the clan for 'inactivity' (with no prior notice via PM or a flash message via teamspeak) and brings in BADGR actives whom, and I quote from my convo with him, "are around and still care." And since, if you check that website for random adds, have been accepting a bunch of 'why the gently caress'-grade applicants as well.

I haven't been keeping up entirely with recent events, but after BULBA decided to come in and make some cat stew, PBKAC decided to go down and (I hope) scrimmage with the RDDT parent clan, because it was painful watching the tug of war going on over Atlanta. Now it seems that PBKAC's been allowed to 'have' most of the 'ancestral homeland' back because OTTER has their south flank and the NAP is evidently still solid with ESPRT. Again, this is all mostly a guess just from casual observation and a bit of insight.

TL;DR: PBKAC NDP-ed itself when a sub-commander decided to pull an Anderson, and OTTER is the new S-G-LE.

Are you saying that PBKAC is...a paper tiger? (Sorry, sorry, I'll go kill myself now.)

I will say that I'm still surprised that Gyarados kicked all those members (and looking at the list, there sure are a lot of goons on it.) Is Ziddy really out of the picture?

On the other hand, I can totally understand a lot of the kicked players being inactive simply due to being burnt out at this game. They've been around for a long time, and the only reason I'm not burnt out is because I only get the chance to play (anything) a couple days a week. Can't really get myself burnt out when any kind of gaming is a welcome break from a lovely job. :unsmith:

Beyond that, PANSY is open to active goons who just want to hang out and shoot tanks casually. PANSY is the cool place to hang out. You can find most of the cool people here. In PANSY you can just chill and do whatever and totally relax. "Take it easy" is the PANSY motto, for example, that's how laid back it is here. Show up if you want to have a good time. Another good reason to show up is if you want to hang out with friends.

The Unlife Aquatic posted:

Eh, that thread's OP is out-of-date. You can see the last time it was updated was in July. I'll ask French to edit it the next time I see him.

But yeah, PANSY is the casual goon clan, there are no tank requirements. We just need your IGN.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Of course, recruit spam should include stupid requirements.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

That being said, I don't think any tank goon should be allowed within earshot of the developmentally disordered.

I think this makes my daughter a legitimate goon. When she tries to talk (and sounds like rubber scraping against a dry windshield, vocal cords are a new thing) I find my autistic nephew covers his ears immediately and struggle not to laugh.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
Fierce competition began between Soviet tank manufacturers immediately after the end of the Great Patriotic War. The situation was akin to an internal cold war. In the late 1980s, the management of UralVagonZavod, with significant effort, managed to secure the permission to perform a deep modernization of the T-72 tank. This was the start of the T-90.

Russia's First

The T-72, Soviet Union's most numerous tank, was what is called a "mobilization vehicle" designed for participation in the second echelon and combat against forces other than the enemy's best. Its crews would be tankers with second rate training, therefore controls of these vehicles were simplified. The main drawback of the design was the fire control system, which was far from perfect. The new vehicle from the Urals was supposed to get rid of this deficiency.

The prototype indexed Object 188 was presented to the government for trials in January of 1989. The vehicle showed itself well. It was reliable in all conditions, including long term operation under pressure. The Object 188 travelled 14,000 km without serious breakdowns during trials. This was the range before major repairs required of it by its designers.

In 1991, the Ministry of Defense of the USSR approved the tank for adoption by the Soviet Army. Due to the difficult political situation in the country that ended with its dissolution, the final decision was not made until October of 1992. Object 188 was supposed to receive the index T-72B, but B.N. Yeltsin, Russia's president at the time, personally ordered that it should be indexed T-90. This was the Russian Federation's first tank.

90's Insides

The most important feature of the T-90 is the Irtish fire control system. This system was sorely needed in the T-72. The system includes an automatic fire control feature, night and day aiming devices, a ballistic computer, a gun stabilizer, and many other components. Due to this system, the T-90 can effectively hit vehicles at long distances. During a demonstration for foreign delegates, a T-90 driving at a speed of 25 kph destroyed 7 targets at ranges of 1.5-2.5 kilometers in less than a minute.

Irtish does more than just seek, locate, and identify the target. It calculates many factors that can influence a hit. The speed of the target, the speed of the tank, corrections for wind, atmospheric pressure, wear and tear of the barrel, these are only a few parameters that are used in the calculations.

The T-90 is equipped with a system of optical-electrical protection from anti-tank guided missiles (ATGMs). This system tracks the launch of a missile and jams its control signal. If necessary, grenades are deployed that create an aerosol cloud around the tank, weakening and deflecting laser designator beams that are used to guide modern ATGMs.

Like all Soviet tanks made after 1954, the T-90's crew is protected from weapons of mass destruction. A special polymer liner with additions of lithium, boron, and lead protects the crew from radiation. Filters protect the air inside the tank from poisonous gases and radioactive dust.

The T-90's shield, sword, and heart

Following Soviet design traditions, the T-90 is small and densely packed. This is both a blessing and a curse. Due to the small silhouette, it is hard to aim at. However, a penetrating shell is bound to hit a module or a crewman.

The tank's designers aimed to protect it well. Aside from traditional composite armour, the tank received built in reactive armour. At first, reactive armour helped only against HEAT shells. Modern reactive armour also protects against subcaliber armour piercing shells, but not as well. If the penetration of a HEAT shell is reduced by over 50%, then APFSDS penetration is reduced by only 20%. The T-90 even has reactive armour on the roof.

The main weapon of the tank is a smooth barrelled 125 mm gun with a two piece round. Due to the automatic loading mechanism, it can reach a rate of fire of 8 RPM. The gun can fire subcaliber, HEAT, and HE ammunition. Recently, a new ammunition type was added: HE-shrapnel with an air burst fuse. This shell is very effective at fighting unprotected infantry and helicopters.

As well as traditional shells, the T-90's gun can also fire ATGMs. The ATGM guarantees a hit at 5000 meters. When the T-90 was adopted for service, it was a worldwide record.

The tank engine is a multifuel diesel. This means that it will run not only on diesel, but on gasoline and kerosene. Trials showed that only gasoline slightly reduces the engine's power.

The T-90 is equipped with underwater driving equipment that can be installed in as little as 15 minutes, and a self-entrenching system, with which it can dig itself a trench in warm ground in less than half an hour.

Over 20 years that passed since the tank entered production, but not very many have been produced. About 2000 units were made to this day, and about half of them were exported, mainly to India. The tank has yet to see battle.

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

Atomizer posted:

Beyond that, PANSY is open to active goons who just want to hang out and shoot tanks casually. PANSY is the cool place to hang out. You can find most of the cool people here. In PANSY you can just chill and do whatever and totally relax. "Take it easy" is the PANSY motto, for example, that's how laid back it is here. Show up if you want to have a good time. Another good reason to show up is if you want to hang out with friends.

Another reason is occasional LSD tanks.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT MY RADLEY-WALTERS' MEDAL

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.
Maybe this question should be posted on TFR, but Luger vs Browning HI-Power?

Your thoughts.

The Southern Dandy fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Apr 5, 2015

Refried Noodle
Feb 23, 2012

Also can you recommend a good green curry recipe?

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Refried Noodle posted:

Yeah, I can totally relate to this clan chat.

On EU we have a comparable schism between the true goons in glorious 2PAC and Princess Sexton et al in the brotherhood of GOKU.

I'm the 9th eldest member of 2PAC. I've been in the clan for 990 days.

Jesus i had no ideia :psyduck:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Mans posted:

I'm the 9th eldest member of 2PAC. I've been in the clan for 990 days.

Jesus i had no ideia :psyduck:

poo poo, we missed 2PAC's 1000th day anniversary.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

The Southern Dandy posted:

Your thoughts.

1911a1 you loving communist

Refried Noodle posted:

Also can you recommend a good green curry recipe?

Buy some instant green curry, cook it following the instructions, get drunk, you won't taste the difference.

Also gently caress pubbies

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

The Southern Dandy posted:

Your thoughts.

One is a bespoke handgun patented in 1898, using a fragile mechanism and hand-fitted parts individually serialized to each gun. The other is a handgun designed by ~John Moses Browning~ that can still hold it's own against modern handguns and was the preferred sidearm of both western-aligned countries during the Cold War, and rogue cops on quests for justice.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

C.M. Kruger posted:

One is a bespoke handgun patented in 1898, using a fragile mechanism and hand-fitted parts individually serialized to each gun. The other is a handgun designed by ~John Moses Browning~ that can still hold it's own against modern handguns and was the preferred sidearm of both western-aligned countries during the Cold War, and rogue cops on quests for justice.

I'm sure there were more than two western aligned countries in the Cold War. I'm a specialist in pre-classical Mesopotamian history so i know that for sure.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

C.M. Kruger posted:

One is a bespoke handgun patented in 1898, using a fragile mechanism and hand-fitted parts individually serialized to each gun. The other is a handgun designed by ~John Moses Browning~ that can still hold it's own against modern handguns and was the preferred sidearm of both western-aligned countries during the Cold War experienced S.T.A.L.K.E.R.s, and rogue cops on quests for justice.

Happy now you savage?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

I thought the PANSY clan motto was "take it anally," myself. I've been sold a bill of goods!

wipe up or ship out
Nov 5, 2008

Hellsau posted:

poo poo, we missed 2PAC's 1000th day anniversary.

I say it's bout time we purge all the french people from our ranks. Maybe send witchfetish away to the gulag?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

RandomAction Man posted:

I say it's bout time we purge all the french people from our ranks. Maybe send witchfetish away to the gulag?

Doesn't he already live in France? Seems close enough.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Why did they remove the T14 and TOG from the store?

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Economically illiterate Tory Boy Bollocks brain.
Keep away from children
I've destroyed the tracks of two enemy vehicles twice now, once where I did it three times. None of these were counted for SPG mission 5 - destroy the tracks of two enemy vehicles. Do they need to also be destroyed (while they are tracked) by someone else because if so gently caress this life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Mans posted:

Why did they remove the T14 and TOG from the store?

The speculation is that they don't like the special MM.