Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Big... Dog
Mar 25, 2013

HELLO DAD

that college roommate just got taint reaped

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

A Big... Dog posted:

that college roommate just got taint reaped

No that was when he would walk around like hot stuff because he was banging a bunch of uggos and he routinely told me that they were girls he was dating, and one day his real girlfriend visits and he is not home I tell her out of ignorance that she was not the person I met the other day.

Like his real girlfriend was moderately attractive and definitely a step up from the ones he kept bringing back to the room.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Whoever restored your av should have put "You Miss 100% Of The Taints You Don't Reap" instead

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Well that was annoying, I had to delete something on my USB stick so I could download Tropical Freeze. Question though, when I deleted the other game, a message popped up saying "All data associated with this title will be deleted." Does this mean my save game is gone too? If so that's pretty lovely, I know the Wii allowed you to delete a game but keep the save data, but I couldn't find a way to do that with the Wii U.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
This only refers to any DLC/updates you may have downloaded for a game, your saves should still be separate.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

The Taint Reaper posted:

If you're going to buy stocks, don't just buy things that you like because it's about as bad as my college roommate not knowing a thing and just dumping all he had into Marvel(years before they were even going to be bought out by Disney) just to say that he owned Stock in Marvel to sound impressive and business-like.

He never bathed, would routinely watch Kevin Smith marathons, and smelled so bad that it made you sick to be around him for any length of time like a dumpster of rotting cheese and feces.

The part about not just buying stocks you like is very true. I don't know about the part about your roommate.

My dad and I have one pet stock at a time and then the rest are real. My current pet stock is Nintendo. I know his used to be Wrigley (because he's a Chicago Cubs fan) but I don't know what it is at the moment. I think one of the car companies. Anyway aside from that we invest in things that are actually likely to make us money.

As for the Nintendo stock I plan to hold it through E3 (because they usually do pretty well at E3 and share prices go up) and then sell in the fall when their first mobile games hit the market. I figure initial public reaction will be positive in the early days no matter what just because they finally followed through on that promise.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Cool story bro

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Speaking of cool stories, I booted into Wii eShop on my Wii U and I had totally forgot about having 1000 wii points!!! Thanks for the free N64 VC game, me from 5 years ago

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

And when they port that to the Wii U, you then have a $2 upgrade!

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze is a fun game and I am glad it was a Platinum reward.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

affordable space adventures gonna own

http://www.destructoid.com/review-affordable-space-adventures-289938.phtml

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
About to play Splatoon at WonderCon. Should be fun. :v:

Edit: I got a pin.

8-bit Miniboss fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Apr 4, 2015

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.
For those curious, Splatoon will apparently have a filesize of 1812 MB, not much larger than Super Mario 3D World.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
It's mindblowing that, in TYOOL 2015, big-name game companies are making games I can download in under an hour. I redownloaded Left 4 Dead 2 not that long ago and that game is like 12 GB.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I'm trying Wonderful 101 again after having recently come off from playing Bayonetta 1 and 2 and I'm enjoying it more than my first couple attempts to get into it. I'm picking up on all the similarities of how it plays just like any other Platinum action game so combat is flowing a bit more naturally.

That being said, I still have issues. I've mentioned before that it's a goddamn visual overload which often makes it hard to tell what's going on and that's still mostly true for me. People have rebutted saying that the audio cues are really good, but, again, there's so much going on that it's hard for me to pick out that audio among all the explosions and fighting.

I'm also having some troubles with enemy tells. There's these tank enemies that rev up before they charge, but I've had WAY too many instances of them revving up, me blocking, but them just jumping as if they've run into something already without even moving. I'm guessing this is their animation for shaking off my dudes? If so, the animation is crazy similar to their animation for attacking me and it really throws me off. I've had problems with getting hit by Diedough-goos shaking off my guys-- that animation comes out so quickly and suddenly I'm not really sure how to avoid it other than just not being near him at the time. Also, some enemies telegraph their attacks for so long that I often get smacked because I dodged or blocked far too early.

I'm gonna stick it out, at least. I'm still really early in-- I just fought Laambo and had a rousing game of baseball.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Splatoon was fun to play, but I hope I have the option to turn off the gyro aiming. Feels weird since right stick does the same thing.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Splatoon was fun to play, but I hope I have the option to turn off the gyro aiming. Feels weird since right stick does the same thing.

They've said several times there is that option.

Red Robin Hood
Jun 24, 2008

Buglord
I got the chance to play Hyrule Warriors this evening and was blown away by how awesome it is. How come it hasn't gotten more widespread praise? I was sucked in for hours just attacking poo poo, leveling up, unlocking new weapons, etc.

So now I get to buy it tomorrow and start my own journey :allears:

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

It has gotten pretty much nothing but widespread praise.

You should try to 100% it.

Red Robin Hood
Jun 24, 2008

Buglord

Fix posted:

Really? My buddy always tried to push it on me but beyond that I didn't hear much about it and the Metacritic score is only 76.

Oh well, picking it up tomorrow :shrug:

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Red Robin Hood posted:

Really? My buddy always tried to push it on me but beyond that I didn't hear much about it and the Metacritic score is only 76.

Oh well, picking it up tomorrow :shrug:

If you pick it up tomorrow, we will never hear from you again. It's like The Ring but instead of dying, you play Hyrule Warriors forever

Red Robin Hood
Jun 24, 2008

Buglord

noirstronaut posted:

If you pick it up tomorrow, we will never hear from you again. It's like The Ring but instead of dying, you play Hyrule Warriors forever

:ohdear: I just feel like I've already wasted so much of my life not playing HW that I really owe it to myself to go out and buy it. I'm also concerned that Nintendo will stop producing the disc like they did to Pikmin...

Plus it is on sale at Best Buy for $52, so with my GCU it is $42, plus my 10% off mover's coupon.

Pretty sly :smug:

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

noirstronaut posted:

Plus some Japanese chick crawls out of your TV and plays gamepad co-op, standard (at a slight graphical reduction). Great game.

It is Cia.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

I didn't like hyrule warriors. Or it might be more accurate to say, I liked at first but got sick of it and the grind.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Lord Lambeth posted:

I didn't like hyrule warriors. Or it might be more accurate to say, I liked at first but got sick of it and the grind.

I'll give you multiple dollars for your copy

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Lord Lambeth posted:

I didn't like Final Fantasy. Or it might be more accurate to say I liked it at first but got sick of the grind (over three decades).

noirstronaut posted:

I'll give you multiple dollars for your copy

Hold on, let's not go crazy.

e: you could probably put as many hours into Hyrule Warriors as all the Final Fantasy games.

Fix fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Apr 5, 2015

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Lord Lambeth posted:

Hyrule Warriors made me fall in love with Twili Midna all over again. ANd the reason why I have all the DLC.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Kaubocks posted:

I'm trying Wonderful 101 again after having recently come off from playing Bayonetta 1 and 2 and I'm enjoying it more than my first couple attempts to get into it. I'm picking up on all the similarities of how it plays just like any other Platinum action game so combat is flowing a bit more naturally.

That being said, I still have issues. I've mentioned before that it's a goddamn visual overload which often makes it hard to tell what's going on and that's still mostly true for me. People have rebutted saying that the audio cues are really good, but, again, there's so much going on that it's hard for me to pick out that audio among all the explosions and fighting.

I'm also having some troubles with enemy tells. There's these tank enemies that rev up before they charge, but I've had WAY too many instances of them revving up, me blocking, but them just jumping as if they've run into something already without even moving. I'm guessing this is their animation for shaking off my dudes? If so, the animation is crazy similar to their animation for attacking me and it really throws me off. I've had problems with getting hit by Diedough-goos shaking off my guys-- that animation comes out so quickly and suddenly I'm not really sure how to avoid it other than just not being near him at the time. Also, some enemies telegraph their attacks for so long that I often get smacked because I dodged or blocked far too early.

I'm gonna stick it out, at least. I'm still really early in-- I just fought Laambo and had a rousing game of baseball.

This might sound patronizing but I'm being sincere: you'll get used to it. W101 isn't the hardest Platinum game but it definitely has the steepest learning curve

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Fix posted:

e: you could probably put as many hours into Hyrule Warriors as all the Final Fantasy games.

Prove this by making an LP and race with the Final Fantasy thread.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

8-bit Miniboss posted:

About to play Splatoon at WonderCon. Should be fun. :v:

Edit: I got a pin.

Oh poo poo, I forgot I got one of those pins at Gamescom! Thanks for the reminder.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Red Robin Hood posted:

:ohdear: I just feel like I've already wasted so much of my life not playing HW that I really owe it to myself to go out and buy it. I'm also concerned that Nintendo will stop producing the disc like they did to Pikmin...

Plus it is on sale at Best Buy for $52, so with my GCU it is $42, plus my 10% off mover's coupon.

Pretty sly :smug:

I didn't think you could use coupons with GCU...

Lord Lambeth posted:

It honestly has TOO much stuff in it. Legend mode is straight forward, and I felt that it was a good challenge and a good linear progression. Then you complete that, and look at Adventure Mode and I just feel that since I'll never have the time to do it all (or get board by the end) I don't want to attempt it. I guess I'd rather spend money on DLC for more Legend Mode stuff.

Just looking at the time people have put into completing the game at 100% is insane.

http://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=21021

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Look at this way: You can play Hyrule Warriors anytime and always find something new. It's not as if your life depended on finishing it 100% soon.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
:kimchi:

http://imgur.com/a/9L4wX

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

noirstronaut posted:

I ran out of steam once I finished the story :( I didn't like the adventure mode maps being mostly bite-sized things.

I'll get back to it one of these days

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I like Hyrule Warriors, but because I bought all the DLC I always end up getting overwhelmed with all the poo poo I still have to do whenever I go to play the game

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Fix posted:

You should rent it for a week and then you've pretty much seen everything. Its fun gameplay but it starts to repeat really hard and the combat is really simplistic.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

A conversation I had with a friend today...

"Woo! New super mario is on its way. That's the last major mario game I have to play!"
"You're not done."
"What?"
"There's DLC. Super Luigi."
"Son of a bitch."

Red Robin Hood
Jun 24, 2008

Buglord

Astro7x posted:

I didn't think you could use coupons with GCU...

You generally can't. The Mover's Guide that you get from the Post Office has a 10% off coupon in it that is good until 5/30 and stacks with GCU. I grab a few every time I'm in the PO and always get an extra 10% off a single item at Best Buy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.

Fix posted:

I didn't like Final Fantasy. Or it might be more accurate to say I liked it at first but got sick of the grind (over three decades).

Why are we comparing Hyrule Warriors to Final Fantasy? :confused:

• Locked thread