Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
So if this card http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Talaya%2C_Princess_of_Cherry_Blossoms is protecting my other plant monsters, but an opponent's card says something like "Negate its effect and destroy it", targeting a different plant (Not Talaya), what happens? Does the entire thing go through and the plant gets destroyed, or does it just negate the effect?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

I can't help but notice that Yuzu isn't in the initial line-up, even though she gets a weird little dance with Serena. I am leery of this development, especially since the ninja guy is there of all people.

Also,

K. Flaps posted:

I guess I'll have to watch 5Ds now.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Onmi posted:

Jack. Is. Back.

:lol: Why did they even bother covering him up, like there's any mystery.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

VJeff posted:

You mean you get to watch 5D's now.

I guess. I hope it's at least half as good as arc v.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Momomo posted:

So if this card http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Talaya%2C_Princess_of_Cherry_Blossoms is protecting my other plant monsters, but an opponent's card says something like "Negate its effect and destroy it", targeting a different plant (Not Talaya), what happens? Does the entire thing go through and the plant gets destroyed, or does it just negate the effect?

It would just be negated.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Momomo posted:

No it has to negate Talaya's effect. I believe it would just negate effect.

Xoidanor posted:

:lol: Why did they even bother covering him up, like there's any mystery.

Do you question the shadow covering of the King who is 5 steps ahead of you?!

It's now time for Club Dueling!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_D5uGBCqeiI

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

paradoxGentleman posted:

I can't help but notice that Yuzu isn't in the initial line-up, even though she gets a weird little dance with Serena. I am leery of this development, especially since the ninja guy is there of all people.

Well she is bumbling around with the synchro Yugo apparently. She also hasn't been made a lancer, because she didn't take part in that last big duel of the battle royal.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
This season is going to be about Yuya learning Synchro Summoning, Along with Obviously Evil, THE BEST CHARACTER!, THE MAN, That one Ninja dude we're honestly all surprised is still alive, Not-Ruri, RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURI, Chief Executive Demons, And his little brother with the Mask Fetish.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

paradoxGentleman posted:

It's because she ain't a lancer and is currently hanging with Yugo. Which will either be the B plot of the season or a mystery that will be involved in the next major arc after we get a breather.

Edit: Haven't seen the episode yet but going from the op and ed, the new protagonist team is going to rock so hard. :allears:

Edit 2: I imagine we'll be seeing the other Yuzu's this season as well and they'll fill up the extra two Yuzu cards in the ending. I'm so hyped just from the start of a new season, what has happened.

SyntheticPolygon fucked around with this message at 12:49 on Apr 5, 2015

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I love the new OP and ED.
Well the ED song not so much but all those hijinks!

So they'll do the usual OP v2/3/4 when the designs of those characters come out.
Im assuming the three cards with Yuzu get replaced with Rin and Ruri.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Im assuming the three cards with Yuzu get replaced with Rin and Ruri.

Yeah, Yuzu is without a doubt getting benched.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

I really must express my love for Ninja Dude, he is clearly a guy who knows he's not supposed to be there. Everyone else is involved in this poo poo and he's just some guy and he loving knows it.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Onmi posted:

I really must express my love for Ninja Dude, he is clearly a guy who knows he's not supposed to be there. Everyone else is involved in this poo poo and he's just some guy and he loving knows it.

Then next season is entirely going to be him failing to heroically sacrifice himself over and over again.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Onmi posted:

If the ending is any indication his main role going forward is going to be babysitter so he probably won't be getting much cool to do anyway. He's just going to be around, and i'm glad for it because he's just some random ninja and that's pretty rad.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Xoidanor posted:

Yeah, Yuzu is without a doubt getting benched.

I hope it's only a momentary thing, because they were doing so good with her.
I imagine she will be back at one point or another, but considering how much this franchise has messed up female characters I always get nervous when our best bet for a developped duelist is at risk of loss of agency.

I do agree that the hijinks are pretty great.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Yuzu and her fusion wristband will be super important to the plot, so I wouldn't worry about that.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

I find it hilarious that there is a severe lack of the LDS crew (Hokutou/Yaiba/Masumi), and yet Ninja dude is all over the place being generic as gently caress. :v:

Plus, that ED is random as hell. So many hijinks. :allears:

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

paradoxGentleman posted:

I hope it's only a momentary thing, because they were doing so good with her.
I imagine she will be back at one point or another, but considering how much this franchise has messed up female characters I always get nervous when our best bet for a developped duelist is at risk of loss of agency.

I do agree that the hijinks are pretty great.

It's definitely only a momentary thing. I mean, no guarantee on how she'll be treated once she gets back but she'll definitely return when Yugo does since she's hanging with him. And he will probably have a big part this season.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

AlternateNu posted:

I find it hilarious that there is a severe lack of the LDS crew (Hokutou/Yaiba/Masumi), and yet Ninja dude is all over the place being generic as gently caress. :v:

Plus, that ED is random as hell. So many hijinks. :allears:

The LDS crew is either a card or lost before the battle royal, so of course they won't be featured together with the new main cast.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

AlternateNu posted:

It could have been the ritual girl if he didn't OTK her off-screen. :argh:

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Ritual girl can't be a lancer because she would be way too horny to focus on the duels

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Ritual girl will get her secondary character privileges back when she surpasses Shiberu in depth. Her puppy love for Yuya was fine as a one-off joke but you can't build a worthwile character on just that.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

So the announcement for the Draft has gone up, it will officially start in 10-12 Hours with of course, an earlier start if we all convene earlier, hopefully this will be good for Senerio, who could be an hour behind the clock.

Now a request. Slur and Myself will be streaming the duels at

http://www.hitbox.tv/SlurYgo

and

http://www.hitbox.tv/Onmi

However there will be FOUR Concurrent matches (so we're done fast) While Replays are required to be submitted at the end of a match, and Myself and Slur will be covering them post-tournament, it would be beneficial if there were two more streamers.

Note: If a player can stream their matches themselves, please let me know, Because then that is one player Myself and Slur do not have to worry about tracking the duels of.

Finally We are using YGOPro for the Tournament, Matches will be set up on the YGOPro USA Server

Following these rules

NOTE: The password sa1 would obviously not work for concurrent duels, at the start of the round, each pair will be told their password from sa1->4

May the best ADTRW Duelist win!

Onmi fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Apr 5, 2015

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

K. Flaps posted:

The LDS crew is either a card or lost before the battle royal, so of course they won't be featured together with the new main cast.

I completely forgot that Yaiba and Hokuto got carded. Shows how unceremoniously the writers decided to write them out. They haven't even been mentioned since that point. Now, I'm kind of wondering if they'll show Gongenzaka's reaction to realizing the dude who taught him to syncho summon got taken out.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

AlternateNu posted:

I completely forgot that Yaiba and Hokuto got carded. Shows how unceremoniously the writers decided to write them out. They haven't even been mentioned since that point. Now, I'm kind of wondering if they'll show Gongenzaka's reaction to realizing the dude who taught him to syncho summon got taken out.

Yaiba wasn't carded. He's in the hospital after getting severely beaten up by Kachidoki. Only Hokuto was carded because he was Xyz Scum.

Also that new ending is wonderful and the Lancers are wonderful. I'd watch a series about any of the things in that ending happening. I mean, I watched one of them already (because the motorbike one is very blatantly a 5D's reference, and not the good part of 5D's).

The opening...feels like they had no idea what they were doing. Was there any point in having the whole Moonlight Cat summon? So much Odd-Eyes Rebellion too. That said, it seems that Yuya and Yugo are clashing, and by the end Tsukikage seems to be protecting Reira from something. C'mon ninja dude, we were all surprised you survived, please don't die become a card now. And, of course, that last moment with JACK ATLAS. I'm so drat hyped.

This is the best time to be a Yu-Gi-Oh! fan. They're making up so hard for Zexal.

Also, about the Draft, if it isn't too much trouble, can we go through how the drafts work one time before actually doing it? I'm an idiot who doesn't understand basic rules.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Blaze Dragon posted:

Yaiba wasn't carded. He's in the hospital after getting severely beaten up by Kachidoki. Only Hokuto was carded because he was Xyz Scum.

Also that new ending is wonderful and the Lancers are wonderful. I'd watch a series about any of the things in that ending happening. I mean, I watched one of them already (because the motorbike one is very blatantly a 5D's reference, and not the good part of 5D's).

The opening...feels like they had no idea what they were doing. Was there any point in having the whole Moonlight Cat summon? So much Odd-Eyes Rebellion too. That said, it seems that Yuya and Yugo are clashing, and by the end Tsukikage seems to be protecting Reira from something. C'mon ninja dude, we were all surprised you survived, please don't die become a card now. And, of course, that last moment with JACK ATLAS. I'm so drat hyped.

This is the best time to be a Yu-Gi-Oh! fan. They're making up so hard for Zexal.

Also, about the Draft, if it isn't too much trouble, can we go through how the drafts work one time before actually doing it? I'm an idiot who doesn't understand basic rules.

Sure I wrote up the examplein the announcement but here it is again

Each player will bring up this website http://www.tcg-arena.de/forum/battlepack/
And generate 3 Booster Packs

Then, in secret, each player will take one card from that group, and then Pastebin the results they are passing on to the next player in order (At the start of the Round, Who is passing to who will be established)

http://pastebin.com/dV07UykV

This continues until each player has drafted 15 cards.

Round 2 generates another 3 packs, and passes with a new order. At the end of this round, each player should have 30 cards.

Round 3 generats 3 final packs, and returns to the original passing order. When this is done, the player should have 45 cards total.

So For example

Player 1 passes to player 2, who passes to player 3, who passes to player 1.

So Player 1 generates the above pack, and then passes it onto Player 2 while taking the Slifer (Because GOD CARD!) Player 2 passes his 14 cards to Player 3 and Player 3 passes their 14 cards onto Player 1 (you)

So Now you've recieved the 14 remaining cards from Player 3

http://pastebin.com/V40SxLpS

You take one of those, and pass the remaining 13 to Player 2, who passes their 13 to player 3, who passes their 13 to Player 1 (You.)

You repeat this until both groups have 15 cards.

Round 2 Generates 3 new packs, and reverses order. Player 1->Player 3->Player 2->Player 1.

Now, this is important Drafts are done in Secret! You keep it to yourself what card you picked, this is so your opponents don't know what type of deck you're trying to build, it makes the game start during deck building, where you attempt to construct the best deck as cards are raided on all sides.

So be sure to NOT tell anybody what you've drafted.

EDIT: Here is a video example of LoadingReadyRun doing a Magic draft, which is the same concept https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khP60sT9xHs

So from your perspective, this is what's happening.

Onmi fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Apr 5, 2015

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

As someone who isn't participating that seems needlessly complicated. :stare:

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Xoidanor posted:

As someone who isn't participating that seems needlessly complicated. :stare:

well, it's like picking teams back in sports class. You can't just grab everyone and leave the other kids with the scrub, the kid in the wheel chair and the fat kid who keeps saying "I'm not going to need this later in my life so who cares"

Except in this case the class is "15" and each player has 15, swapping to the next team leader for the pick.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

onmi's just really bad at explaining

you start with 15 cards, first guy in line takes a card and hands the leftovers to the next guy, who takes a card, etc

that's it

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The new ED is amazing especially with Shun, of all people, being a part of group activities. It's weird seeing him and Selena smile so much when they're both two of the more downtrodden characters in the show, but I'm sure they will become BFFs. Then Dennis will destroy their friendship bracelets and become the main villain. I dunno how I feel about the OP song, I liked the boy band J-Pop stuff so far and it felt like it fit the series, but the new stuff in the OP is super cool.

Also more Sawatari and Gongenzaka is never bad.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Gongenzaka's detective moustache is GAS.

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I didn't watch 5ds and I'm excited for Jack

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
What's the cleverest way to buy some real life cards to play with a buddy, just buying one of the freshest structure decks?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

K. Flaps posted:

What's the cleverest way to buy some real life cards to play with a buddy, just buying one of the freshest structure decks?

Pretty much, yeah.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

K. Flaps posted:

Buy the Lightsworn deck and OTK each other.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

My trip has been delayed a day so if anyone isnt able to participate I can slot in.

Hopeford
Oct 15, 2010

Eh, why not?

So as someone who hasn't watched Arc-V like, all I got from this is that...

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah, that's pretty much it.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

K. Flaps posted:

I guess. I hope it's at least half as good as arc v.

The first 64 episodes of 5D's sit along the first 49 episodes of Arc-V (and the very original manga where Yugi was loving putting guys in the hospital with yoyos in between card games) as the best part of the franchise.

paradoxGentleman posted:

Ritual girl will get her secondary character privileges back when she surpasses Shiberu in depth. Her puppy love for Yuya was fine as a one-off joke but you can't build a worthwile character on just that.

But she had traits beyond that. She was the one who got help for Yuya when a pillar fell on him, and she figured out that there were two souls and SATAN :devil: inside of him. And it's worth noting, it isn't just a dumb crush, she seems to really, genuinely care about Yuya, which, y'know, is nice, because the dude's been getting the crap kicked out of him again and again since he dueled Sawatari.

I mean I get why she can't stick, but it's still a little disappointing there 'cause she was kinda cool. I also think her VA might've been too expensive?

Blaze Dragon posted:

The opening...feels like they had no idea what they were doing. Was there any point in having the whole Moonlight Cat summon? So much Odd-Eyes Rebellion too.

Using stock footage in areas that are going to be replaced with something else. It's all so out of place, it's basically a giant flag yelling THIS IS TEMPORARY.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

So let's say that I wanted to check out 5DS.
Should I watch it subbed or dubbed? Are there any story arcs or seasons that I should be wary of?
Would it be acceptable if I posted my impressions of it as I went along, the way Beef Waifu did?

paradoxGentleman fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Apr 5, 2015