Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

It never really occurred to me until this very picture, but he's basically Traffic Cone Head, isn't he.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Umm...no? Not really? The mask/helmet is much longer on the front which is why it drags his head down. If it's traffic cone head then it's wildly lopsided.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

I recognise that but can't quite recall where from.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

beato posted:

I recognise that but can't quite recall where from.

I hope he also had a small filing cabinet or portable tv to carry around.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Jedit posted:

Someone's probably done a cosplay photo set where the Dutch angle gradually increases and the person being shot starts looking more and more worried and unstable until they fall over backwards, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't like to see it.
Well someone has cosplayed QWOP so maybe keep increasing the Dutch angle so he walks normally.

lllllllllllllllllll
Feb 28, 2010

Now the scene's lighting is perfect!

Jedit posted:

Someone's probably done a cosplay photo set where the Dutch angle gradually increases and the person being shot starts looking more and more worried and unstable until they fall over backwards, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't like to see it.
Reminds me of this...

Hydrolith
Oct 30, 2009

I honestly thought you were shitpost/trolling with some horrible burn victim image until I GISd. It helps that I didn't know where it's from.

Mobius 1
Aug 29, 2004
Sierra Hotel!

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
That Mask is excellent!

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Pre-emptive but I need something better to do with my time.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

Sthorm?

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.

I don't think so.. Storm's costume looked a lot different when she had the hammer:

Edit:
My bad, there's another, less metal version:

Snackmar has a new favorite as of 16:30 on Apr 5, 2015

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

techknight posted:

My bad, there's another, less metal version:

But why would anyone want that? :black101:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

All I could see

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE
A photog friend of mine was expressing frustration at not being able to go to Sakuracon this weekend, so I made a joke about him shooting cars since they could hold poses for long periods of time, and then I made a half-hearted joke about genderbending some 80s icons.

Lesson: don't joke with creative people unless you're ready to actually make it happen.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

Boomerjinks posted:

A photog friend of mine was expressing frustration at not being able to go to Sakuracon this weekend, so I made a joke about him shooting cars since they could hold poses for long periods of time, and then I made a half-hearted joke about genderbending some 80s icons.

Lesson: don't joke with creative people unless you're ready to actually make it happen.

Awaiting Martine McFit :pervert:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Boomerjinks posted:

How can you tell if the car is female? :shrug:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Boomerjinks posted:

Ok, that's awesome

Patattack
Nov 23, 2008

The English Language!

Jedit posted:

It's voiced by Dame Judi Dench.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

Jedit posted:

It's a hybrid. :gay:

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Jedit posted:

Bigger headlights?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

davidspackage posted:

Bigger headlights?

Those don't look like factory-standard.

mamelon
Oct 9, 2010

by Lowtax

Jedit posted:

Check for junk in the trunk

Mildly Amusing
May 2, 2012

room temperature

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
crossposting from the SU thread

Tollymain posted:

found some cool cosplay

source

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

the_steve posted:

Those don't look like factory-standard.

Bolt ons

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Jedit posted:

David Letterman did a Late Night show where the camera rotated 360° through the course of the show.
:corsair:

Marceline Abadeer
Oct 14, 2012
Steven Universe cosplay, yesss.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

Huzzah! posted:

I hope he also had a small filing cabinet or portable tv to carry around.

I was hoping it was this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmNApZRy3wk

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Marceline Abadeer posted:

Steven Universe cosplay, yesss.

I posted this in the SU thread.
Dastardly Canadian villain, The Green Space Dorito!

Patattack
Nov 23, 2008

The English Language!

Hey, that's me!

My point of pride for this costume: I found out the actor's height and spent a LOT of time looking at reference pictures and calculating angles and lengths for all the bits on the helmet. Thanks to that, I think I got the proportions better than a lot of other Pyramid Heads I've seen out there. They often make the helmet way too big and it looks like a baby Pyramid Head wearing his dad's suit.

Though, I've found even more reference photos since then, and I've been meaning to revisit this costume sometime and make it more...convention quality. The helmet paintjob was lazy (straight out of a Rustoleum can), and the apron paint sadly peeled off (you can see it starting in a few spots), and I kinda want to custom-paint a zentai suit to show all of the scars and bruises and stuff without having to apply makeup every time.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Patattack posted:

Hey, that's me!

Yeeeaaah...I'm gonna need you to come in on SUN-derland...

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

Patattack posted:

Hey, that's me!

You really shouldn't work for this guy. His whole business is just a giant pyramid scheme.

Schlinky
Mar 12, 2009

...Too much drink.

Huzzah! posted:

You really shouldn't work for this guy. His whole business is just a giant pyramid scheme.

Well his boss is just some Giza.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Huzzah! posted:

Don't listen to this guy. He has a pharaoh commitment.

KillerEggplant
Apr 2, 2011

Patattack posted:

Though, I've found even more reference photos since then, and I've been meaning to revisit this costume sometime and make it more...convention quality. The helmet paintjob was lazy (straight out of a Rustoleum can), and the apron paint sadly peeled off (you can see it starting in a few spots), and I kinda want to custom-paint a zentai suit to show all of the scars and bruises and stuff without having to apply makeup every time.

I think the peeling paint is actually kind of a bonus, at least from that photo - it helps play up the ratty decay look that's so important to the series.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Vanderdeath posted:

He does get wrapped up in his work, though.

Patattack
Nov 23, 2008

The English Language!

Choco1980 posted:

Yeeeaaah...I'm gonna need you to come in on SUN-derland...

Huzzah! posted:

Schlinky posted:

Well his boss is just some Giza.

Vanderdeath posted:

LoonShia posted:

He does get wrapped up in his work, though.

Oh, you guys!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
They're all in De Nile.

• Locked thread