Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Anyone else built the 2015-release green Technic 24Hour racer yet?

By far the most unenjoyable Lego build of my life. I am only on page 100 out of 250 and already i have been through around 10 illegal assembly methods, the type where you really need to BEND away other pieces to get the current pieces in, or other assembly methods that look so out of place and simply wrong/impossible that you are left with a feeling that you built something wrong somewhere earlier down the line. One of the longer (10L) technic pins i had to bend away at a 45-60ish degree angle actually looks permanently deformed/damaged...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Australian Target has 20% off LEGO and the new Pirate sets. I came away with the Soldier's Fort for 39 bucks. I mostly bought it because of that dope lady soldier minifig. The pirates have had the occasional lady, but this is the first I can remember seeing from the other mob.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Alabaster White posted:

I didn't realize the Pet Shop was supposed to be rare. The Lego Store near me has like, 10 of them still. And no Palace Cinemas :argh:

I think they just stop making the sets at a certain point. And rebalancing the inventory isn't a high priority.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I was in line at an Ace Hardware the other day and they had unmolested boxes of the two most recent minifig waves for $4.29. Kinda high, but you could probably find the ones you're missing.

How much do the pick-a-brick cups go for? I might be traveling by a Lego store this weekend and I am deciding whether or not to go.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

deoju posted:

How much do the pick-a-brick cups go for? I might be traveling by a Lego store this weekend and I am deciding whether or not to go.

$15.99 for a big cup, $8.99 for a small.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Minus 50 cents if you bring in a container to re-use. :v:

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Personally I've never found a useful piece in the pick-a-brick wall. Is it totally different in the US to the UK?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

There's typically one or two bricks I'm interested in, most if it's just generic 2x4's and plates and stuff, nothing special.

But when uncommon bricks show up I really go nuts. They had light grey wings last fall and I went bonkers. Or 1x1 bricks with studs on all four sides. :getin:

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

I ended up with half a small cup of trans orange cheese wedges once. That was a neat day, because I also got trans yellow and light trans blue studs and still have no idea what to do with any of it.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Is there an digital building tool where you can plug in the sets you own, and have it narrow down all the parts so you actually know what you can build with them?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Yeah, I grab trans anything by the handfuls at PAB. I rarely do anything with them but they sure seem like something I need at the time.

Dr. Benway
Dec 9, 2005

We can't stop here! This is bat country!

Alabaster White posted:

Is there an digital building tool where you can plug in the sets you own, and have it narrow down all the parts so you actually know what you can build with them?

Rebrickable.com tries to do just that.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Ineptitude posted:

By far the most unenjoyable Lego build of my life. I am only on page 100 out of 250 and already i have been through around 10 illegal assembly methods, the type where you really need to BEND away other pieces to get the current pieces in, or other assembly methods that look so out of place and simply wrong/impossible that you are left with a feeling that you built something wrong somewhere earlier down the line. One of the longer (10L) technic pins i had to bend away at a 45-60ish degree angle actually looks permanently deformed/damaged...

Are you sure you didn't offset some parts of the inner frame somewhere due to the angled view? I've never seen that happen and I'm sure a review would have mentioned it.

Pyroclastic posted:

$15.99 for a big cup, $8.99 for a small.

Its 17.99 or 18.99 euros here, which was 25 dollars a month ago.

PriorMarcus posted:

Personally I've never found a useful piece in the pick-a-brick wall. Is it totally different in the US to the UK?

I was at a lego sdtore yesterday for the first time in half a year, and picked up a handful of 1x1 flat round tiles with eyes printed on them (Don't ask me what I will do with those), a bunch of 1x1 bricks with a stud on one side, and a bunch of 2x1 plates with the 2x1 plate snot connector in green. Last unusual piece was the plate hinge piece in green. They also had the 2x2 plate cylinder pieces which looked useful, a bunch of black / grey / red roof slopes, and 2x1 red tiles.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Ika posted:

Are you sure you didn't offset some parts of the inner frame somewhere due to the angled view? I've never seen that happen and I'm sure a review would have mentioned it.

It is possible of course, but doubtful. When i came across the first such situation i took down and rebuilt the whole thing, and got the same result. I am done with the model now and all the mechanics works correctly, so i doubt i built something wrongly.

Mine GO BOOM
Apr 18, 2002
If it isn't broken, fix it till it is.

Ineptitude posted:

I assume you mean something like this? I generally watch speed builds of all the big technics sets to see if it is something I'm interested in, and I didn't notice in this guy's build anything else that looked illegal or weird. But yeah, that is a pretty crappy bend to get the gears in. Call up Lego, mention that step to them. Also mention the fact that it bends the piece and they'll most likely mail you a new one. If enough people complain about specific steps, they sometimes will reissue instructions in later print runs that fix steps, or add supplement instructions to fix steps. In some cases they'll issue repair kits to fix fundamental issues they can't just change instructions to fix.

Lego customer service is awesome. I recently had two packages mailed to me, both to arrive on the same day. One did, the other said the address didn't exist for a delivery time an hour later and got returned to sender. Called Lego up, they are remailing me the items again with overnight shipping and replaced one out of stock $15 set with a $27 set. Amusingly, the package I got Fedex says was 4lbs, the one I didn't get Fedex says was 60 pounds. drat, I wish I knew what was in that box I missed, assuming that weight was accurate (newly shipped box was only 3 lbs).

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

focus this time so i don't have to keep telling you idiots what happened
Lipstick Apathy
Is the 24-hour car something available only in Europe? How do I get one in the US without paying $165 I guess is the more important question.

edit: to be clear I found it on shop.lego.com, but prices is in euros, and when I try to purchase it, I get yelled at for an invalid postal code (also the country is Austria and unchangeable).

vv thanks, worried I missed it!

uwaeve fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Apr 3, 2015

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

I think the 2015 technic sets aren't available in the US yet. The spring 2014 sets also were delayed in the US for half a year or so.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Mine GO BOOM posted:

I assume you mean something like this? I generally watch speed builds of all the big technics sets to see if it is something I'm interested in, and I didn't notice in this guy's build anything else that looked illegal or weird. But yeah, that is a pretty crappy bend to get the gears in.

Yeah that is exactly the situation i was thinking of (regarding the bent axle)
Just one situation like this would be fine, but it happened 10 or so times in this set. I would not have bought this set had i known it was like this.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Just saw a tv commercial for TRU, looks like they have a Easter sale going on for 2 minifigures for $5. Not a bad deal if they have any mini figs you haven't picked up yet or any older series laying around.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Why did I have to remember that the Arctic sets exist? RIP my wallet.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Just a heads up, PAB at downtown Disney (Anaheim) has trans orange cheese wedges, 2x? Clear trans slopes and trans yellow 1x1 round studs. Also 1x1 round eyeballs.

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector

SaNChEzZ posted:

Just a heads up, PAB at downtown Disney (Anaheim) has trans orange cheese wedges, 2x? Clear trans slopes and trans yellow 1x1 round studs. Also 1x1 round eyeballs.

You're gonna make an Ice Planet 2002 MOC with all them wedges, right?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Pretty big discounts on most of the current Star Wars Sets at Target and Toys R Us right now. I don't think they are marked in store but I'm guessing they match their own sites no problem? There isn't anything about it being online only. Mos Eisley for $55 at target is really tempting. Almost all the current stuff seems to be around 20% off though.

Trying to decide is I want to use this gift card I got from work on that, or drive down to the Lego store and grab the Ecto 1 this weekend? Will the ghostbusters set probably be around for a good long while? I'd like to grab it while it's still available but I'm not in a huge rush.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Apr 4, 2015

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Tanith posted:

You're gonna make an Ice Planet 2002 MOC with all them wedges, right?

I bought the birds :x

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Hmm, there's another new release in May for VIPs, sites think it's going to be a Ferris Wheel, to go along with the other fairground ride.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

NESguerilla posted:

Pretty big discounts on most of the current Star Wars Sets at Target and Toys R Us right now. I don't think they are marked in store but I'm guessing they match their own sites no problem? There isn't anything about it being online only. Mos Eisley for $55 at target is really tempting. Almost all the current stuff seems to be around 20% off though.

Trying to decide is I want to use this gift card I got from work on that, or drive down to the Lego store and grab the Ecto 1 this weekend? Will the ghostbusters set probably be around for a good long while? I'd like to grab it while it's still available but I'm not in a huge rush.

It was in their weekly flyer. 20% off star wars and super hero sets. Would have grabbed a b-wing but they were out.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Looks like the prices are discounted at toys r us target and wal mart. I'm sure one of them has it. I see it all over the place.

I'd recommend picking it up if you can. They totally nailed the look of it. It's a really cool set and super fun to build

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The area that had minifigures in it at my local TRU looked like a bomb hit it.

There were no survivors.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Super Heroes are 20% off at Fred Meyer right now too, and no TRU markup!

Pirate Ken
Jul 1, 2006
I am super awesome.
I'm going to LEGOland Florida Tuesday, any recommendations ???

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Pirate Ken posted:

I'm going to LEGOland Florida Tuesday, any recommendations ???

Space bedroom obv

pbpancho
Feb 17, 2004
-=International Sales=-
Whoohoo! Finally picked up the Mos Eisley Cantina and Jedi Scout Starfighter since they were 20% off at Target, plus my Redcard discount. Can't wait to pick them up tomorrow!

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

I am cleaning some grimey eBay lego I bought (and spent hours seperating from a huge box of non lego) It's currently sitting in a bucket of water/sterilising fluid.
All the minifigures appear to float to the top with the tyres.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.
Probably air trapped in their heads and torsos.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Toysrus here in Germany had 20% off all lego >=30 euros, picked up a UCS x-wing. Not sure if that was a good idea... my poor wallet

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Looks like its washing weekend for the both of us. This stuff was nasty.

EvilJoven fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Apr 5, 2015

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.
Happy Easter, Legoons!

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Tomarse posted:

I am cleaning some grimey eBay lego I bought (and spent hours seperating from a huge box of non lego) It's currently sitting in a bucket of water/sterilising fluid.
All the minifigures appear to float to the top with the tyres.

Soak dirt Lego in Coffee Machine cleaning fluid, e.g Clean Drop.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

beato posted:

Happy Easter, Legoons!

This is thoroughly ridiculous :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

^^^ Is that a set or some custom stuff? Easter batman is pretty awesome.

I'm usually not much into the star wars diorama sets but Mos Eisley is pretty cool. Pretty good deal too. I'm kind of surprised at how much stuff it comes with at the price. The lack of bartender is bizarre though.

Also, first set I've ever bought in my life that was missing a piece and there was an abnormally large number of extras. Like, an entire handful, and some of them were pretty large. Someone in the warehouse must have been hungover.\