Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Goon Guild in both EP and DC are active. We have quite a few on at peak hours.

Also, finally hit VR 10 this morning. Only 4 million XP to go :negative:

OTOH, I don't have to worry about having to constantly level crafting skills now. Only have one more level in Enchanting to go before I can start crafting VR10+ Glyphs, and I can finally all of the VR 10 stat food that I lost access to when 1.6 went live (I lost about 50 Consummate foods because they got upgraded to VR 10; that's 100 hours of buffs to all stats)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Britt Burns
Nov 24, 2007
Biscuit Hider

Old Doggy Bastard posted:

So how active is Ebonheart in terms of Goon Guild? I've been eyeing this game for a bit now and given the lack of subscription am considering giving this game a try.

I don't know how many of us are actually on EP (I'm on DC atm) but the EP guild seems to be the most active.

Sorvah
Dec 1, 2014
I've restarted again on the NA server because I like you all so much. Can @shikasama get an invite into EP

Edit: Nevermind, that basically unplayable for me. Oh cruel fates!

Sorvah fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Apr 3, 2015

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

So how active is Ebonheart in terms of Goon Guild? I've been eyeing this game for a bit now and given the lack of subscription am considering giving this game a try.

We've had around seventy people or so join up since the game went b2p and regularly have a dozen people on at a time during NA peak hours.

Baird
Sep 24, 2012
Could you shoot me an invite to the EP guild? I'm @Baird. Thanks!

mfny
Aug 17, 2008

GuyUpNorth posted:

House Awful from launch, but usually I'm 100% of members online. If you want to play with goons, you're better off rolling NA - some name editing and copying the folders should make things fairly smooth for switching.

More details on the copy and paste and renaming ?

NuckmasterJ
Aug 9, 2008
Grimey Drawer

Just keep in mind you can join more then one Guild. So you can join up with the goon guild(s) and then find some random pug type 500 person guild for grouping raiding etc.

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?
Have a redguard if I could get an invite to the daggerfall guild, @Kwiatwoski

DARPA
Apr 24, 2005
We know what happens to people who stay in the middle of the road. They get run over.
I installed the AdvancedUI addon. Can I move the minimap? i'm not seeing a way to configure it.

DaRandomGuy
Aug 27, 2013

DARPA posted:

I installed the AdvancedUI addon. Can I move the minimap? i'm not seeing a way to configure it.

press enter like you are going to type in chat. now youll be able to move the mini map around

DARPA
Apr 24, 2005
We know what happens to people who stay in the middle of the road. They get run over.

DaRandomGuy posted:

press enter like you are going to type in chat. now youll be able to move the mini map around

I couldn't move the mini map. I could move the chat window no problem, but the minimap wouldn't budge. I have AdvancedUI, Bank Stacker, Foundry Technical Combat, Research Assistant and SkyShards installed. Is there one that you might have that enables customizing the UI?

I'm just trying to get the current quest UI text uncovered on the top right.

Nullset
Apr 21, 2010

DARPA posted:

I couldn't move the mini map. I could move the chat window no problem, but the minimap wouldn't budge. I have AdvancedUI, Bank Stacker, Foundry Technical Combat, Research Assistant and SkyShards installed. Is there one that you might have that enables customizing the UI?

I'm just trying to get the current quest UI text uncovered on the top right.

You probably have to go into Addon Settings > AUI (Minimap) and toggle the Lock Window option before you can move it. There are also options to make it smaller.

DARPA
Apr 24, 2005
Thanks Nullset, that was it. Didn't occur to me addons and addon settings would be in two different places.

secondhand dog
Sep 10, 2009

I think my last request didn't get seen. Could someone invite @ManifoldCuriosity to the EP guild?

EDIT: Very quick, thanks!

secondhand dog fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Apr 4, 2015

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

Think you've got what it takes?
We're looking for fine Men & Women to help Protect the Australian Way of Life.

Become part of the Legend. Defence Jobs.
Ugh, game crashes every 5-10 minutes :sigh:

RUM HAM
Sep 25, 2009

Murodese posted:

Ugh, game crashes every 5-10 minutes :sigh:

Sounds like a video driver issue.

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

Think you've got what it takes?
We're looking for fine Men & Women to help Protect the Australian Way of Life.

Become part of the Legend. Defence Jobs.

Monohydrate posted:

Sounds like a video driver issue.

There have been a number of other people with 780ti's with the same problem, but there doesn't seem to be a fix. I'll try out some older drivers, I guess.

Sorvah
Dec 1, 2014
I ever meet the man who pu the bank on the other side of Davons Watch to the crafting stations, it's going to be an uncomfortable time for him.

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
gently caress the ebonheart pact harbourage and having to walk for miles through that lovely empty part of davons watch to get to a wayshrine

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis

mfny posted:

More details on the copy and paste and renaming ?

It goes roughly like this

1. Zenimax folder should have launcher and Elder Scrolls Online, and both(?) have either Elder Scrolls Online or Elder Scrolls Online EU depending on your region
2. You change the relevant folder/file names to appropriate region and then create another Zenimax\etc folder
3. Fire up the launcher, toggle the megaserver and repair

Right now I'm home with my laptop, so check for more accurate guides on the matter.

^ You'll love Mournhold at first then :getin: Not quite as bad as Vivec cantons though.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Yeah Stonefalls is pretty drat lame in terms of locations of good stuff. Fortunately you'll only have to come back to it for the main quest garbage and if you've got rank one crafting Writs to do.

mfny
Aug 17, 2008

GuyUpNorth posted:

It goes roughly like this

1. Zenimax folder should have launcher and Elder Scrolls Online, and both(?) have either Elder Scrolls Online or Elder Scrolls Online EU depending on your region
2. You change the relevant folder/file names to appropriate region and then create another Zenimax\etc folder
3. Fire up the launcher, toggle the megaserver and repair

Right now I'm home with my laptop, so check for more accurate guides on the matter.

^ You'll love Mournhold at first then :getin: Not quite as bad as Vivec cantons though.

Ended up having to redownload everything as I could not get this to work. Oh well.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

So, I was snooping in zone chat and heard some poo poo about DB and Morag Tong armors. Naturally I had to look it up and found a whole thing with notes from last year's Quakecon discussing the future of ESO
http://dulfy.net/2014/07/18/eso-quakecon-the-future-of-eso-panel-notes/

Morag Tong, Dark Brotherhood, and Thieves' Guild armors :fap:

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Even though a glass armor motif is on the way, I found a cheap ancient elf motif book today and it looks very much like glass armor itself:

edit:

can kind of pull off a morrowind glass armor look too

Berke Negri fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Apr 5, 2015

SoUr
Jun 1, 2008
I never did get an invite to EP @dsour.

Britt Burns
Nov 24, 2007
Biscuit Hider

Berke Negri posted:

Even though a glass armor motif is on the way, I found a cheap ancient elf motif book today and it looks very much like glass armor itself:

edit:

can kind of pull off a morrowind glass armor look too

Oh man, that looks fantastic!! How much was the "cheap" motif? I haven't looked at buying motifs in months :v:

Has anyone heard anything about upcoming crown store items? I want to change my looks :allears:

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

SoUr posted:

I never did get an invite to EP @dsour.

Says account not found.

DARPA
Apr 24, 2005
Is blacksmithing particularly slow to level? I've made a bunch of stuff, deconstructed a bunch of stuff and I'm only lvl 3. I randomly wandered to an alchemy and brewed a single potion and went from nothing to halfway done with level 2.

NuckmasterJ
Aug 9, 2008
Grimey Drawer

DARPA posted:

Is blacksmithing particularly slow to level? I've made a bunch of stuff, deconstructed a bunch of stuff and I'm only lvl 3. I randomly wandered to an alchemy and brewed a single potion and went from nothing to halfway done with level 2.

Blacksmithing is easier to tackle when you have some more levels. Deconstruct higher level loots for bigger XP movements. Get the passive that lights up metal nodes and just hoard everything for an entire zone, plus deconstruct. At the end craft your hearts content.

I'm leveling up Clothing on my Sorc alt by taking level 30+ cloth from my main and having the alt deconstruct it and I find its a ton of xp, plus I'll just wait till I have a stack of materials and then put it onto a guild store for excellent monies.

RUM HAM
Sep 25, 2009

In true Goon fashion, I got my first warning for harassment yesterday:

If a pubbie reports you, GM's will actually go through your guild chatlogs to see what you're up to.

From now on, any instances to grief will go under codename "Guys come RP at x, it's really good here!" or something.

Britt Burns
Nov 24, 2007
Biscuit Hider

Monohydrate posted:

In true Goon fashion, I got my first warning for harassment yesterday:

If a pubbie reports you, GM's will actually go through your guild chatlogs to see what you're up to.

From now on, any instances to grief will go under codename "Guys come RP at x, it's really good here!" or something.

Ahahaha awww!! That means that they know the rest of us were cheering you on :ohdear:

Sorvah
Dec 1, 2014
Did Fungal Grotto earlier as a level 12 healer. Enjoyed it although I had like, no magicka at all.

The last time I healed properly was in Warcraft way back in the day and it is weird having what feels like so little control over who is your target.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Wow, how is emote spamming harassment? When you were talking about this in chat I figured you were being offensive or something.

Konec Hry
Jul 13, 2005

too much love will kill you

Grimey Drawer
Just a reminder that House Awful, an EP guild on the EU server, is still (somewhat) active. If you're EU just ask for an invite!

NuckmasterJ
Aug 9, 2008
Grimey Drawer
Do any of you fancy bastards have experience running ESO while using a VPN? After a discussion last night I subed to PIA and giggled as I suddenly had access to stuff on the internet I have not seen since rich people started to divide content by country. The down side is while my VPN is active ESO will not load a character in. Boourns.

Anyone here use a VPN and play ESO at the same time?

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Small patch today:

quote:

OVERVIEW
The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited v2.0.4 is an incremental patch that fixes a number of issues with gameplay, dungeons, quests, and more. We have also added a collection of new siege weapons to Cyrodiil, and implemented improvements for the Mac client and mounts.

BIG CHANGES / UPDATES / NEW FEATURES
Alliance War
Completing Dark Anchors in Cyrodiil will now have a chance to drop three types of Siege Weapons with Cold Harbour-themed ammunition. These Siege Weapons will hit slightly harder than their standard alliance counterparts. The new Cold Harbour-themed Siege Weapons are:
Cold Fire Trebuchet (Covenant, Dominion, and Pact versions)
Cold Stone Trebuchet (Covenant, Dominion, and Pact versions)
Cold Fire Ballista (Covenant, Dominion, and Pact versions)

KNOWN ISSUES
Mounts
There are currently some visual issues that occur [when] you are knocked off your mount and dismounted.

FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS
Alliance War
General
Siege Weapon damage no longer gains benefits from the Dual Wield Twin Blade and Blunt passive.

Combat & Gameplay
Sorcerer
Daedric Summoning
Bound Armor: Fixed an issue where Bound Armor would be removed if you put on a costume from your Collections tab. You may now hide your Bound Armor as you please, by putting on a costume.

Templar
Dawns Wrath
Radiant Oppression (Radiant Destruction morph): Fixed an issue where this ability was getting the full 40% damage bonus, regardless of caster’s magicka value.

Weapons
Dual Wield
Twin Blade and Blunt (Passive): Fixed an issue where swords were not benefitting from this passive and increasing the damage of weapon attacks.
Restoration Staff
Fixed an issue where Restoration Staff heavy attacks could sometimes cause health bars to desync.

Champion System
The Mage Constellation
Elfborn: Fixed an issue where this passive wasn’t providing increased critical values for heals.

Mounts
Fixed an issue where you would sometimes stop abruptly if mounted and moving at a high speed.
Fixed an issue where mount effects could become stuck on your character player and cause some quests to stop progressing.
All three mount upgrade visuals will now correctly display at the proper riding skill levels.

Crown Store
General
Crown Store consumables can now be used while silenced.
Updated the name of the Crown Health Potion in French to be consistent with the other Crown Potion names.

Dungeons & Group Content
General
Fixed an issue where player characters within groups would sometimes disappear when zoning or going through doors.

Veteran Dungeons
Veteran Elden Hollow
Bogdan will no longer prevent completion credit for Difficult Mode if your party dies to him, and he reactivates the Opus.
Veteran Wayrest Sewers
The zombies in this dungeon will now be more reliably available for the optional Undaunted Pledge challenge.

Trials
Hel Ra Citadel
Fixed an issue with Ra Kotu where multiple instances of the boss could appear if he became stuck or evaded during combat.

Exploration & Itemization
Food
Fixed an issue that was preventing a small number of non-crafted, white-quality food items from being consumable.
Traits
Fixed an issue where the Sharpened Trait wasn’t providing enough armor or spell penetration.

Justice System
General
The inhabitants of the Sadri House in Deshaan are now more active, and the protector will no longer instantly respawn.

Mac Client
General
We have added memory optimizations to help the game client from exceeding available memory.

Quests & Zones
Bangkorai
Freedom’s Chains: Fixed an issue where you could unintentionally block other player characters inside the guest house while Draven is attempting to speak to Renoit.

Glenumbra
The Nameless Soldier: Faolchu will now more reliably jump down after you kill the soldiers associated with this quest.

Reaper’s March
The Moonlit Path: Fixed an issue where the portal that appears after you defeat the Silvenar would vanish if a group-mate entered it before you.

Rivenspire
Shornhelm Divided: Fixed an issue where you could become stuck at the quest objective “Confront Reezal-Jul” after stopping the reinforcements.

UI
General
Hyperlinks are now clickable for in-game legal documents (End User License Agreement, Code of Conduct, Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.)

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

NuckmasterJ posted:

Do any of you fancy bastards have experience running ESO while using a VPN? After a discussion last night I subed to PIA and giggled as I suddenly had access to stuff on the internet I have not seen since rich people started to divide content by country. The down side is while my VPN is active ESO will not load a character in. Boourns.

Anyone here use a VPN and play ESO at the same time?
You probably don't want to do this. A VPN is going to significantly increase latency, which might not matter for Netflix but will be horrible for gaming.

Who wants to go grind some cyrodil anchors? I still think they are doing this rear end backwards, encouraging PVPers to PVE rather than PVEers to go to cyrodil.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Are siege weapons bound or tradeable in guild stores?

RUM HAM
Sep 25, 2009

Berke Negri posted:

Are siege weapons bound or tradeable in guild stores?

Siege weapons are unbound unless they've changed that recently. I'd always deposit whatever I had leftover if I wasn't going to pvp for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RUM HAM
Sep 25, 2009

eSporks posted:

Wow, how is emote spamming harassment? When you were talking about this in chat I figured you were being offensive or something.

I guess it is when they read my chat logs to confirm it. Next time I ask you guys to come RP with me, you know what it *really* means.

• Locked thread