Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

ls wearing a suit handed down the family.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

how would you gouge your success last shadow

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

I have seen the light, and it is a string

Even the translator can't remember what TIP stands for

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Guessing it's Phreak and Kobe casting today.

Pobelter is a great contrast to Alex.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Calax posted:

I have no doubt it'll be fun, but will it be Shaco fun?

I believe in XWX's pick/ban.

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

rabidsquid posted:

how would you gouge your success last shadow

I usually give that pronunciation a pass from non-native speakers since it's such an oddball spelling but c'mon, Jatt.

Flipswitch posted:

Man, a suit just doesn't work with that hair, does it. At least it's not "suit coat over a t-shirt" that was a thing in SC2 casting.

mushi
Oct 13, 2003
I am addicted to video games.

Flipswitch posted:

I'm like the most non-fashion oriented person in the world, but the range of clothing in the LCS never ceases to entertain me. From professionally curated outfits for the casters on good looking people to skinny nerds low-cut t-shirts with a blazer, to Alex's John Travolta shirt, to pasty maplestreet taking his shoes off every game or whatever.

edit: like seriously I'm imagining Alex's wife helping him select that shirt and then bringing him back as he's walking out the door "wait you forgot your necklace! it completes the look!"

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

Zwingley posted:

Maybe I should have said "arguably the best team in the world." I do actually think they would have beat Frost in a Bo5, but TPA was better at the time. Regardless, though, we're years too late to actually discuss it. Just let me live in my rose-tinted past, okay?

I am glad to see Alex on the desk, though!

They also randomly lost to Monomaniac in an online tourney when no one else could get close. Probably a fluke, and now mostly remembered because M5 bm'd them real hard, but still.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Why must they focus on Cop?

IMO Pobelter looks like he's in his dad's suit, Alex looks like he watched tv and said "This is how Eastern Europeans dress!"

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

I don't think I've heard anyone say anything bad about Cop so that segment was really weird.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Admoon posted:

I don't think I've heard anyone say anything bad about Cop so that segment was really weird.

Just assume this refers to reddit

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED
Oh my god of all the sports television beats Riot could have chosen to copy, why did they have to include the never-ending pregame show?

Action George
Apr 13, 2013
Thank god for the three man cast. Please talk over Riv at all times.

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

"My dear Seth, you look absolutely dashing!"

Hair Elf

foutre posted:

They also randomly lost to Monomaniac in an online tourney when no one else could get close. Probably a fluke, and now mostly remembered because M5 bm'd them real hard, but still.

I seem to recall M5 often basically trolling minor online tournaments. I definitely saw a few of the weekly things that they'd compete in where they just dove the enemy under the tower over and over, to practice how to dive turrets. For LAN qualifiers, they'd usually pull through.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Admoon posted:

Cop got a lot of flak for not being a playmaker, hard carry style of adc, especially when Curse struggles.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
LS not in a lether jacket :colbert:

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo

Dash looks like a Riot commentator. Pobelter looks like he's about to attend a bar mitzvah. Alex Ich looks like he's going to the club in Prague.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
^^^ Pobelter actually looks like, you know, dressed formally. The Riot outfits really make some unfortunate choices w/r/t color combos, although I get that it has to be unobtrusive.

Zwingley posted:

I seem to recall M5 often basically trolling minor online tournaments. I definitely saw a few of the weekly things that they'd compete in where they just dove the enemy under the tower over and over, to practice how to dive turrets. For LAN qualifiers, they'd usually pull through.

It was the IPL 4 Qualifiers. I think it was still a fluke, but it was definitely an important game. That said, who knows if they really brought their A game versus a pretty unknown team, but hey (also I think NA had lower ping back then and, as you said, offline was where M5 really shined).

e: Tl'dr I miss M5 and PoaG.

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

Nostalgia used to be so much better.

jesus gently caress why would you pick lee

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

"My dear Seth, you look absolutely dashing!"

Hair Elf

foutre posted:

It was the IPL 4 Qualifiers. I think it was still a fluke, but it was definitely an important game. That said, who knows if they really brought their A game versus a pretty unknown team, but hey (also I think NA had lower ping back then and, as you said, offline was where M5 really shined).

Oh yeah that was a thing that happened. I wrote it off as a fluke too. :shrug:

Feel like Gravity edged out in P/B, especially bot and jungle.

fnox
May 19, 2013

Orianna into Vladimir seems like an awful pick.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

I really like TIPs draft (besides Lee, but Rush somehow makes it work). Not so sure about Rek'sai and Ori on the other hand.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

archduke.iago posted:

jesus gently caress why would you pick lee

He is Rushs second favorite champion behind Kha'zix and in spite of how bad Lee is now he has been pretty good on him this year

wodin
Jul 12, 2001

What do you do with a drunken Viking?

Justice is served for Adrian using the ugliest Naut skin in a lane where he could have matched up.

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED
So for all of you who don't know this, there's a key you can hold down to prevent you from targeting minions (default is the grave key). It's kind of amazing to me how often pros don't use it.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Has adrian hit a single skillshot?

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

As soon as Hauntzer uses TP to go back bottom, Impact makes a TP play mid. Love that.

Che Delilas posted:

So for all of you who don't know this, there's a key you can hold down to prevent you from targeting minions (default is the grave key). It's kind of amazing to me how often pros don't use it.

It really is amazing. Aphromoo literally just learned that was a thing about a month ago. I remember he was duoing with I think Sneaky and he told Aphro about it.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Hecarim is gonna take over the game

fnox
May 19, 2013

drat it's been a long time since i've seen Impact actually dominate like that.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Unless TIP throws very very very hard this game is over.

/e: Yeah, great ult, good team fight but its just over at this point.

Wuxi fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Apr 5, 2015

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Wuxi posted:

Unless TIP throws very very very hard this game is over.

/e: Yeah, great ult, good team fight but its just over at this point.

The good ol' obligatory "that would've been a huge win if they weren't down 10k gold"

fnox
May 19, 2013

Lol at Impact recalling and coming back at full health in the single camera pan from mid to baron.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Did Rush just safeguard two Ori ults in a row?
Take some notes Xsmithie, thats how you deal with high-impact skillshots. Not qss

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Oh my God Pobelter's collar

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

Nostalgia used to be so much better.

rabidsquid posted:

He is Rushs second favorite champion behind Kha'zix and in spite of how bad Lee is now he has been pretty good on him this year

I guess Rush is just a wizard then. I just can't shake the feeling that TIP is sandbagging and that they'd do better on the Tank SKT style with XWX on Anivia or something

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

Jenny Angel posted:

Oh my God Pobelter's collar

gently caress I didn't notice that until now

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!
This is insane.

No, not the game. The combination of Pobelter's borrowed suit and Ich's mafia shirt.

EDIT: Also, what the gently caress is that noise? Are other people hearing that noise? Is Ich's shirt causing audio bugs?

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Alex is hot as hell and can wear as many shithead mafia shirts as he wants

EDIT: Alex's challenger team qualifies for the 2016 spring season. As with Cop and Gravity, he convinces every other member to wear the same shirt and gaudy necklace as their team uniform

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Am I the only one hearing the phone sound in the stream?

I feel like Gravity is gonna start picking out the strange pieces from Keane's pool right about now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Calax posted:

I feel like Gravity is gonna start picking out the strange pieces from Keane's pool right about now.

I sure hope so, if you get rolled, you might as well get rolled in style. (Or win with shaco or whatever, I don't know anything anymore on this patch)

• Locked thread