Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
I love that we have a pro game with ghost, two teleports, three smites, four ignites, and only eight flashes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
I think the professional meta right now/meta in general is legitimately the best it's ever been. The champion/summoner spell diversity is great, a lot of items are popping up all over, and it's generally just really solid.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
I haven't been able to watch the whole series so far, but it sounds like these games are pretty high level. I'm excited to watch them in full tomorrow!

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
That was a terrible fight, Gravity was completely uncoordinated.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013
Are we sure GV's comms are working right now, because that looked like a solo queue teamfight.

Calm
Apr 7, 2006

Cop flash in...

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
The shiv crits are ridiculous :o:

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
No Gravity, I expect you to die

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan
This was all about the worthless Vladimir. That's not what you need to turn that comp into a double threat. A Ziggs or Xerath would've been infinitely better. Heck, a Kat woulda done the trick as well. Basically anything but sustained magic DPS.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
I like vlad right now but 1. you need hard engage with him because other wise he sort of runs at you and you walk away when he ults and 2. rushing cowl is garbage. That team had flash mushroom levels of engage and you saw it in every fight where the vlad ult was worthless.

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013
I guess Keane just has problems laning against XWX? Especially since no one else had magic damage for that Cowl.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."

Redmark posted:

I guess Keane just has problems laning against XWX? Especially since no one else had magic damage for that Cowl.

Laneswap mid and top, make XWX face Hauntzer

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Redmark posted:

He lost mid tower to XWX really, really early. Vlad just sucks really hard early and even post-nerf-Orianna can easily bully weak laners.

e: to be completely honest I have zero idea why Vlad is back in the meta

Firebert fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Apr 5, 2015

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
Because the "tank meta" is actually the big fart gently caress aoe cc meta which makes vlad really good.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

Cool great game remake?

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
What a meltdown.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
XWX has gotten a kill every two minutes, it's disgusting

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

I have seen the light, and it is a string

Apollo just wants to play League of Legends...

Yuran M. Bazil
Jun 20, 2008

So we're gonna have the same semi-finals as last split ( i mean sorta)
e; cop's just afkin

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
poor Cop

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Yuran M. Bazil posted:

Curse, LMQ, C9, TSM. Yep.

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

Yuran M. Bazil posted:

e; cop's just afkin

It's scary how much this playoff lined up with last split's playoff

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

Well at least this time when LMQ loses it'll just be because they arent that good and not a disappointing end caused by out of game factors.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Cop is about to commit suicide on stream

Action George
Apr 13, 2013
So what are the odds that Cop tried to surrender at 20?

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

foutre posted:

I think the professional meta right now/meta in general is legitimately the best it's ever been. The champion/summoner spell diversity is great, a lot of items are popping up all over, and it's generally just really solid.

I think it's two things. Teams are just more willing to break out crazy poo poo because they have a 5 game series and Jarvan and Lee aren't monster obvious picks more than the "meta" supports this, and these teams are all completely safe in the league and are able to try crazy things to move up against better complete teams.

e: excited for a 4th place team curse finish

2e: gonna play Vi again and tank up bitches. :getin:

3e: 1v1 AT BLUE BUFF FOR HONOR

Badfinger fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Apr 6, 2015

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

We've gone full soloqueue boys

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Welp, Cop just gave up. Yeah, if Gravity wants to be competitive, he ain't staying. If you don't have the mental fortitude to keep going in a lovely do or die game, it's time to give up playin'.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

Transient People posted:

Welp, Cop just gave up. Yeah, if Gravity wants to be competitive, he ain't staying. If you don't have the mental fortitude to keep going in a lovely do or die game, it's time to give up playin'.

Meanwhile Saint looks like he's having the time of his life.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Admoon posted:

We've gone full soloqueue boys

It's starts with Shaco, it leads to a 28-8 stomp

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Transient People posted:

I think we can all agree that it was more than Cop giving up if giving up were Gravity's problems.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Crazy Larry posted:

Yeah, Saint has the right 'tude. Better to laugh than give up in those games.

Calm
Apr 7, 2006

Didn't get to watch much TiP after the first few weeks. They're fun to watch! Their style is winning me over. Gotta love the hyphy.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Savage Cracker posted:

No Gravity, I expect you to die

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama
fat Boi so happy :)

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Crazy Larry posted:

Which is 100% why I like him. Dude knows he's never winning a world championship and doesn't give a poo poo. He's making a living playing videogames and knows how much that rules.

He also has a sweet jacket.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

How Rude posted:

I think we can all agree that it was more than Cop giving up if giving up were Gravity's problems.

Yes, there's other problems, but if you're gonna give up your playoff games, you shouldn't be there in the first place. It's straight up inexcusable. Other things to fix: Keane not losing against XWX every which way, not taking stupid level 1 fights, learning how to shut down the enemy jungler, sustaining proper defensive warding. And I could keep going, even.

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama

I was wondering why WXW didn't stream any longer (On Azubu apparently) which led me to his twiter https://twitter.com/tip_xiaoweixiao which is fantastic

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

[TiP] Piglet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Transient People posted:

Yes, there's other problems, but if you're gonna give up your playoff games, you shouldn't be there in the first place. It's straight up inexcusable. Other things to fix: Keane not losing against XWX every which way, not taking stupid level 1 fights, learning how to shut down the enemy jungler, sustaining proper defensive warding. And I could keep going, even.

The team has communication problems, furthermore the player people want replaced is extremely toxic towards his teammates and the team won't get anywhere until they replace him. Lastly, #KeepKeith honestly Gravity hasn't lost a single game with Keith McBrief all year so it seems pretty obvious what they need to do

• Locked thread