Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Ruggington posted:

She is in possession of one of the most powerful taunts in the game

pole dance... to powerufl!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Shadowlyger posted:

Incorrect. There isn't enough Kid Icarus in Sm4sh. We need Hades.

Hades as a stage

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Blackheart posted:

Palutena is good

even with standard moves

this is accurate. without custom moves she's solid mid-tier, there's nothing really bad about her at all, she's just not amazing. with custom moves she's incredible though

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

all of palutena's special moves are good

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

qnqnx posted:

Sakurai is a goddamn hack

I've sat back for too long. You've gone too far this time.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Shadowlyger posted:

Incorrect. There isn't enough Kid Icarus in Sm4sh. We need Eggplant Wizard.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Looking forward to Diddy buffs.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Rorus Raz posted:

Looking forward to Diddy buffs.

Diddy buffs, Lucina nerfs, :gas: Smash

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
to show that he is serious about the competitive future of smash 4, sakurai must buff jigglypuff the most

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Lessail posted:

to show that he is serious about the competitive future of smash 4, sakurai must buff jigglypuff the most

please no

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

TheKingofSprings posted:

Hades as a stage

I would be okay with this.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Lessail posted:

to show that he is serious about the competitive future of smash 4, sakurai must buff Kirby the most

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

But Kirby and Jigglypuff already fuckin rule. Like seriously. :colbert:

All I really ask for is Diddy/Rosalina nerfs, do something nice for Lucina and maybe buff Dr. Mario too, the poor guy doesn't have much going for him over the other two bros. Maybe give Meta Knight something, give Ganondorf a bit better of a jump. Maybe Ike could use something? Charizard? I think the game is pretty good as it is, it's just that the two characters on the top are dominant as hell. This is just my opinion though, I'm just glad they're patching it at all.

It'd be nice for Nintendo to give actual patch notes for the balance changes but they're so afraid to admit there was anything wrong in any of their games that all we'll get is "Various fixes to improve the overall gameplay"

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Rosalina does not need a nerf, she needs a buff to Luma control while she's floating in the air.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

sigmachiev posted:

Wonder if Ibushi has legit broken fingers and if that contributed to a couple weird looking spots. Great match though, not a MOTYC but these two will find their stride and next time should be even more bananas.

Oh and G1 being like a month is so awesome. They'll probably do a few tournament matches at each show and a bunch of tags. So it's safer for the guys, means more wrestling overall and it feels bigger. It's an excellent way to evolve the tournament.

Please, Ibushi would never get into Smash over Tanahashi.

Maybe AJ for western appeal but that's a long shot.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

mabels big day posted:

I've sat back for too long. You've gone too far this time.

I'm never going far enough

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Turtlicious posted:

Rosalina does not need a nerf, she needs a buff to Luma control while she's floating in the air.
Seriously. Rosalina is so easily controlled in the air. Rosalina was overtuned when the game first came out. This is no longer the case. She's good buy she's not Diddy. She's not even ZSS or Shiek. Rosalina is just where Zelda, Palutena, and Peach should be in terms of floaty light mid-size characters.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

Seriously. Rosalina is so easily controlled in the air. Rosalina was overtuned when the game first came out. This is no longer the case. She's good buy she's not Diddy. She's not even ZSS or Shiek. Rosalina is just where Zelda, Palutena, and Peach should be in terms of floaty light mid-size characters.

Honestly, Diddy, Sheik, and ZSS are where everyone should be, in their own way

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

In the, "shouldn't be in Smash" tier (aside from Diddy)?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

mabels big day posted:

In the, "shouldn't be in Smash" tier (aside from Diddy)?

Did you just say literally every character shouldn't be in Smash

I think you did mbd

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE
You know it really would make a lot of sense to have just replaced Sheik with Impa in Smash 4. It's really weird how a game in 2014 is still clinging to this "character" that appeared in one game back in 1998.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

^^^
yeah

TheKingofSprings posted:

Did you just say literally every character shouldn't be in Smash

I think you did mbd

Except Diddy Kong.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

TechnoSyndrome posted:

You know it really would make a lot of sense to have just replaced Sheik with Impa in Smash 4. It's really weird how a game in 2014 is still clinging to this "character" that appeared in one game back in 1998.

Well, Zelda is still clinging to one game they made back in 1998 so until they change that I think Sheik's a perfect fit :v:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

TheKingofSprings posted:

Yeah, basically. Everyone needs to have access to powerful combos and kill moves.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Rosalina really needs to have a better aerial game. It fits the character thematically and would make her floatiness a lot more reasonable.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

Rosalina really needs to have a better aerial game. It fits the character thematically and would make her floatiness a lot more reasonable.

her up-air kills at like 10%

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I'd prefer it if the game reset to neutral constantly and wins were determined by who makes the riskier finishing move

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

mabels big day posted:

I'd prefer it if the game reset to neutral constantly and wins were determined by who makes the riskier finishing move

I'd prefer it if all the DLC characters were free and the game jerked me off every time I started it up as long as we're talking about things that are literally impossible

E: what are we even using to qualify risky anyway, moves like the Falcon Punch or Warlock Punch where your opponent literally has to walk into it to die?

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Apr 6, 2015

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
he was joking

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Turtlicious posted:

he was joking

it's mbd

are you sure

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Turtlicious posted:

he was joking

I wasn't. Ideally, I shouldn't have to be really good with technical skills that I don't feel like learning to win. That's why I play Bowser.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

just buff my mains (ROB, Bowser Jr) and call it a day

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Ruggington posted:

her up-air kills at like 10%
I've never seen this.

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

Buff everyone except Diddy and Rosalina.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

I've never seen this.

it will after the buffs don't worry

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I'd just like it if fast characters didn't inherently have higher skill ceilings than slow characters, but I don't know how they can do this.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

mabels big day posted:

I'd just like it if fast characters didn't inherently have higher skill ceilings than slow characters, but I don't know how they can do this.

Unless you allow the slow characters to have tools that allow them to adjust position and attack quickly it would be impossible.

E: In a game like Smash, where it is relatively easy to evade and relatively hard to hit, slow, easily telegraphed moves and characters just aren't able to be used effectively.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

I've never seen this.

it literally does, it's absurd.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

TheKingofSprings posted:

Unless you allow the slow characters to have tools that allow them to adjust position and attack quickly it would be impossible.

E: In a game like Smash, where it is relatively easy to evade and relatively hard to hit, slow, easily telegraphed moves and characters just aren't able to be used effectively.
I stand by my suggestions of faster acting, shorter shields and a longer delay between dodges. Don't add ending lag to dodge, let players attack or do anything out of a dodge except dodge again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

sharrrk posted:

it literally does, it's absurd.
Can I see a video? I want to learn to do this.

• Locked thread