Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!

Pash posted:

I don't think so... But mine is done, I just forgot to post it yet.

If it helps I'll throw 'do 1000 points of admech by the end of the month' into the ring as an alt universe oath, with only the slight problem of having no internet access at home to post on the forums.

Off to get it tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerzoro
Jun 26, 2010

I, Kerzoro, for the month of April 6 Arena Rex miniatures (Aemilia, Lupa, Tiet-Khebi, Frigge, Zahra, Bjarrhvit) 35mm, Red Republic Games

... also, by the end of this month, we can post a picture of everything we did during this year, right?

Edit: 4/4/15: adding 8 resin counters from the same game!

Kerzoro fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Apr 4, 2015

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?
I, Uroboros, oath for the month of April, one Stormtalon Gunship.

I apologize for pic quality, I want to start on it within a couple hours.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

I oath a full unit of Tharn Ravagers with chieftain.

Deanut Pancer
Nov 24, 2012
:siren: Hey Goons! :siren:
Do you struggle with the fact that the world is round and time isn't the same everywhere? :jeb:
Do you always forget how many days there are in October? :confused:
Does the 24 hours clock give you issues because you don't have that many fingers and toes? :twentyfour:

Worry no more! Let me introduce you to...

THE BIG OATH COUNTDOWN CLOCK THING

Thanks to the power of SCIENCE :science: you can now see when you need to have your initial oaths submitted by, and when you need get your painting done.

Go here and bookmark this for all your oath countdown needs: http://oath-countdown.appspot.com/

It should tell you exactly how much time you have until the two important dates each month - oath submission posts and oath complete posts. You can scroll to previous and future months (which might be handy around the first/last day depending on timezones).
If I've got everything right, it should show you your local time time according to your browser setup. I think it will work OK on different browsers and platforms, but I'd like feedback from people to check. (Living in UTC land means most stuff to do with times happens to always work for me out of the box)

Hopefully next season we'll stick to the American Samoa timezone for deadlines again, and I won't have to go through all the hacks I made to make that work!

If you've any issues/suggestions, feel free to let me know. If you've any images you think should be added to the background rotation, I can do that easily enough. :vomarine: I hope someone finds this useful. For next season hopefully we can get it linked in the OP. I've only set up the months for this season, but once we decided if we're starting next season immediately or taking a month of to get everything squared up, I'll add them to the calendar.

(Please don't look at the source too closely, I'm not a web guy and it shows!)

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Jesus. Phone posting so it's pretty hard to quote everything properly but drat dude! Thanks for that!

And of course it'll be put in the OP and every theme post at the start of every morning month :)

I love it!

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I, SRM, Oath 11 Adeptus Arbites for the month of April (GW, 28mm)

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
Well my plan to get and start lots of Skitarii fell foul of the simple fact they were completely sold out when I got to the store.

So I'm starting my Tyranid Kill Team.

I, Thundercloud, oath 10 termagants from Games Workshop (2nd edition plastics with a metal strangleweb).

I should have Skitarii next week.

I do want to drastically improve my painting this year (and I'm going to start by doing some), so these gaunts will be the baseline for where I am, and then I'm going to start exploring new techniques, posting in the painting thread and trying to suck less.

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
As someone who has not done an oath all year I assume I should just wait to do one in May rather than for April?

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Why wait? Oath now, paint now.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

nesbit37 posted:

As someone who has not done an oath all year I assume I should just wait to do one in May rather than for April?

I missed a month so it's pretty likely I won't be winning anything for points, but as painting motivation the Oath thread is awesome. Oath now, just make sure you have more stuff lined up for April!

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

Do not wait! Join us! This thread is all about forming a good habit, and now is always the time to start that process.

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe

nesbit37 posted:

Yeah, just go for it! I say this as someone who's missed several oaths this season and is way behind on points. Show us what you can do!

(Incidentally, I'm still trying to get my Alternate Universe Oath finished by the end of the season, mostly because I'd like to actually play the game I oathed again sometime this year. Of course, this will involve actually finding the time to paint stuff :ohdear: )

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
I Raphus C oath two Killa Kans, GW 28mm:

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer
I Weirdo Oath 5 Orx marauders and 3 trolls, both Mantic 28mm scale.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

I Oath a Beholder and Four Undead, all Reaper Bones 28mm scale

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
More oaths: An elemental, Belthir, Jain, Zachareth
All from Fantasy Flight

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)

SRM posted:

I missed a month so it's pretty likely I won't be winning anything for points, but as painting motivation the Oath thread is awesome. Oath now, just make sure you have more stuff lined up for April!

Ok, you all convinced me. I have plenty lined up to go past April. Spent part of this weekend prepping the below and have quite a bit more to. I have a far larger 28mm backlog but really want to tackle this 10mm stuff before it gets out of hand.

nesbit37 fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Apr 6, 2015

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
i, nesbit37, oath that I will paint for the month of April three 10mm mumakil (eureka 10mm elephant with howdah) and a 10mm Thranduil on Elk (converted from eureka 10mm elves on stags).

nesbit37 fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Apr 6, 2015

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
I Indolent Bastard oath 11 6mm Viking Warriors (Baccus Miniatures)

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
How's everyone doing with their Alternate Universe oaths? I'm on track to finish mine: just the demolisher and the Forge Guard to go!

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

MasterSlowPoke posted:

How's everyone doing with their Alternate Universe oaths? I'm on track to finish mine: just the demolisher and the Forge Guard to go!

Probably won't get mine done, having a lot of time eaten up by study, a friend back in town from overseas, a bucks weekend and a wedding. I'll do my best, and pick something small for my regular April oath.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead

MasterSlowPoke posted:

How's everyone doing with their Alternate Universe oaths?

Mines done, I just need to actually take a picture of it. Its been done for several weeks...

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

NTRabbit posted:

Did we end up getting enough entrants to run the alternate universe competition? Because I have a fair bit of mine to do, and if it's fallen through I'm not going to push hard if time starts running out

Sorry about the delay in this - Unless someone pledged a new Alternate Universe Oath since April began, I have 9 recorded. (Check the Alternate Universe tab of the spreadsheet for that and for Saved Whales.)

Oh, and Krushgroove, the March completion should now be entered in the spreadsheet, for the purposes of album-making.

Edit:

Thundercloud posted:

If it helps I'll throw 'do 1000 points of admech by the end of the month' into the ring as an alt universe oath, with only the slight problem of having no internet access at home to post on the forums.

Off to get it tomorrow.

Yes, if you did that, it would throw us to 10 AU Oaths pledged, I believe. :sun:

Iris of Ether fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Apr 7, 2015

Kerzoro
Jun 26, 2010

.. Huh, I cannot find any info on it... (Maybe I'm not looking hard enough.) What exactly is Alternate Universe?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Kerzoro posted:

.. Huh, I cannot find any info on it... (Maybe I'm not looking hard enough.) What exactly is Alternate Universe?

Oath something that takes you the rest of the season, usually something with a theme such as the entire contents of a box game ie Zombicide, an entire army for a particular game, a large diorama, etc

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

Kerzoro posted:

NTRabbit posted:

Oath something that takes you the rest of the season, usually something with a theme such as the entire contents of a box game ie Zombicide, an entire army for a particular game, a large diorama, etc

I went digging and found the post on Alternate Universe oaths:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3630222&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=12#post430409016

The short version is that Krush will pony up $25 for a random Oath, but that's only if at least 10 Alternate Universe Oaths get completed.

It's more of an unofficial category this year given that in past years it's not gotten a lot of participants, and it wasn't extremely popular in the survey that was sent out prior to Season 5.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
I wasn't a fan of Alt Universe oaths last year, but this one has really helped to get my Deadzone painting completed. Even though this year was a bust I'd like to try it again next year.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Yeah I have a plan for next season starting in May, I just threw my hat in to make up numbers pretty late this season and time has gotten away from me

Deanut Pancer
Nov 24, 2012
For April, I oath 5x Space Marines

Edit: Just noticed there's 6 heads on the sprues - I'll only be painting 5 of them for this oath obviously

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Electric Hobo posted:

I, Electric Hobo, oath the 3 dragons from Blue Moon Legends. By FFG.

thespaceinvader posted:

Can do boss!

Oathing Bronzeheart, Minotaur Hero
Original mini http://www.reapermini.com/Miniatures/previews/latest/77255
Jurnals: Cut and Swap - weapon swap for the sword from this guy http://www.reapermini.com/Miniatures/bones%20golem/latest/77168, and a scratchbuilt shield, plus repositioning the hand to hold the shield and probably a scratchbuilt base if I get round to it, Whatever the OSL one was called his sword be glowy.

Grey Hunter posted:

April Oath time

Feeling confident this month, a 4 day weekend and a week off, so lets go for this!

Dropzone commander 10mm, Hawk Wargames

1 Harbinger Dropship
3 Ravager walkers
2 Ravan A's
2 Ravan B's
20 Praetorians
4 Wolverines with both the A and B weapon systems (interchangeable)

WWI British Expeditionary Force Division Baccus, 6mm.

~260 Infantry/command/artillery loaders
3 Cavalry
10 guns
1 tent
12 machine guns.

Ugleb posted:

I Ugleb, hereby oath for the month of April four PHR Triton A1 Dropships & two PHR Erebos Walkers. All 10mm scale for Dropzone Commander by Hawk Wargames.

Gareth Gobulcoque posted:

I, Gareth Gobulcoque, do oath :siren: the last of my Dreadfleet :siren: the Bloody Reaver from GW for the month of April

Galaspar posted:

For April I solemnly oath six Hive Gangers for Necromunda (GW but very, very old)

Zark the Damned posted:

Time to get my Oath on!

I, Zark the Damned, Oath the following for the month of April 2015:
1 Deff Dredd (fancy base still in progress)
1 Big Mek with KFF
5 Mega Nobz
1 Battle Wagon

Kerzoro posted:

I, Kerzoro, for the month of April 6 Arena Rex miniatures (Aemilia, Lupa, Tiet-Khebi, Frigge, Zahra, Bjarrhvit) 35mm, Red Republic Games

... also, by the end of this month, we can post a picture of everything we did during this year, right?

Edit: 4/4/15: adding 8 resin counters from the same game!

Uroboros posted:

I, Uroboros, oath for the month of April, one Stormtalon Gunship.
I apologize for pic quality, I want to start on it within a couple hours.

counterspin posted:

I oath a full unit of Tharn Ravagers with chieftain.

SRM posted:

I, SRM, Oath 11 Adeptus Arbites for the month of April (GW, 28mm)

Thundercloud posted:

Well my plan to get and start lots of Skitarii fell foul of the simple fact they were completely sold out when I got to the store.

So I'm starting my Tyranid Kill Team.

I, Thundercloud, oath 10 termagants from Games Workshop (2nd edition plastics with a metal strangleweb).

Raphus C posted:

I Raphus C oath two Killa Kans, GW 28mm:

Weirdo posted:

I Weirdo Oath 5 Orx marauders and 3 trolls, both Mantic 28mm scale.

Signal posted:

I Oath a Beholder and Four Undead, all Reaper Bones 28mm scale

Red Shoe posted:

More oaths: An elemental, Belthir, Jain, Zachareth
All from Fantasy Flight

nesbit37 posted:

i, nesbit37, oath that I will paint for the month of April three 10mm mumakil (eureka 10mm elephant with howdah) and a 10mm Thranduil on Elk (converted from eureka 10mm elves on stags).

Indolent Bastard posted:

I Indolent Bastard oath 11 6mm Viking Warriors (Baccus Miniatures)

Deanut Pancer posted:

For April, I oath 5x Space Marines

Edit: Just noticed there's 6 heads on the sprues - I'll only be painting 5 of them for this oath obviously

Oaths Accepted!

Sorry I didn't get to these until just now, I spent the 4 days of the Easter weekend doing 12-hour days, climbing scaffolding and standing most of each day...

Iris of Ether posted:

I went digging and found the post on Alternate Universe oaths:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3630222&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=12#post430409016

The short version is that Krush will pony up $25 for a random Oath, but that's only if at least 10 Alternate Universe Oaths get completed.

It's more of an unofficial category this year given that in past years it's not gotten a lot of participants, and it wasn't extremely popular in the survey that was sent out prior to Season 5.

MasterSlowPoke posted:

I wasn't a fan of Alt Universe oaths last year, but this one has really helped to get my Deadzone painting completed. Even though this year was a bust I'd like to try it again next year.

NTRabbit posted:

Yeah I have a plan for next season starting in May, I just threw my hat in to make up numbers pretty late this season and time has gotten away from me

Yep, all good and happy to do a $25 random prize for a random person who completes an Alternate Universe Oath (if there are at least 10 Oaths done), I think if it's mentioned more often in the thread we'll get more people to take part.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
:awesomelon::respek::devil:I, JerryLee, oath to paint one Helbrute by Games Workshop in 28mm

Brock Samsonite
Feb 3, 2010

Reality becomes illusory and observer-oriented when you study general relativity. Or Buddhism. Or get drafted.

I Oath a Tarik Mansuri for this month. He's Infinity, from Corvus Belli.

I'm back!

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I, moths, oath seven Wraiths

These are 28mm, from Mantic for their Kings of War. I couldn't get the URL to fit on the screen of my archeotech iPod touch, so if you need another photo it's OK. I can't spray primer until the rain lets up anyway.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

JerryLee posted:

:awesomelon::respek::devil:I, JerryLee, oath to paint one Helbrute by Games Workshop in 28mm

Brock Samsonite posted:

I Oath a Tarik Mansuri for this month. He's Infinity, from Corvus Belli.

I'm back!
welcome back!

moths posted:

I, moths, oath seven Wraiths

These are 28mm, from Mantic for their Kings of War. I couldn't get the URL to fit on the screen of my archeotech iPod touch, so if you need another photo it's OK. I can't spray primer until the rain lets up anyway.

Oaths Accepted!

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

Pirate World: Nearly done!
I failed my oath last month as I spent the entire time trying to decide on a colour scheme. This month, I've decided in advance!

:11tea: I, the Supreme Court, oath five Chaos Chosen by Games Workshop, 28mm :11tea:

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
oath complete! and since this is the only month I have participated and it probably doesn't really matter I will claim all for one!

Pics aren't the best but I won't get a light box set up till I move this summer after I move probably. This also seems really early to be done so can I rematch if possible or something? It doesn't matter that much since this was pretty much just practice for me for the new season I will just start on something else soon anyway before May rolls around

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?
I, Slimnoid, Oath the following for April: 2 Librarians (28mm, Games Workshop)

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

The Supreme Court posted:

I failed my oath last month as I spent the entire time trying to decide on a colour scheme. This month, I've decided in advance!

:11tea: I, the Supreme Court, oath five Chaos Chosen by Games Workshop, 28mm :11tea:

Slimnoid posted:

I, Slimnoid, Oath the following for April: 2 Librarians (28mm, Games Workshop)

Oaths Accepted!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
A package arrived in a timely manner, so I'm gonna throw caution to the wind and modestly add to my modest oath:

Giant Ethicist: 2 Tormentor grav-tanks and 2 stands of Razorworms (10mm) from Hawk Wargames for Dropzone Commander.

• Locked thread