Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Wordnumber posted:

OK so I don't actually don't know how any of the quests in Bloodborne work because I haven't beaten the game yet and I want to stay in the dark, so I just assumed the girl died when she traveled to give you the item unless you killed the pig and that telling her about a safe place never factored into it. I couldn't even find her when I played. It's me i'm the idiot fucker with his shield up

Also holy poo poo the third episode of Revelations 2 is really long.

No she gives you the item immediately when you talk to her. Later on you have the option to tell her her mother is dead by giving her the brooch (or not) and then tell her about safe places to go (or not). But it seems no matter what you do she ends up getting eaten by the pig or killed by the crazy clinic lady. Maybe there's some super specific way to do it that I don't know about, but looking at walkthroughs and stuff it doesn't seem like it. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

CJacobs posted:

If it comes to PC I will definitely play it.

Never gonna happen. Sony published. This is basically Demon Souls all over.

(Even thought the game does basically feel like Demon Souls 2. :v: )

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Al-Saqr posted:

yeah I really don't see myself affording a PS4 anytime soon so I have no choice but to experience it through Woolie and Pat.

There's also Slowbeef and Diabetuses LP on these very forums if you need double the blood

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Improbable Lobster posted:

There's also Slowbeef and Diabetuses LP on these very forums if you need double the blood

huh, come to think of it I've only ever heard those two in the context of making fun of bad LP's, are they conversationally fun to listen to and are really into the stuff they play? I remember it was pretty fun when woolie guest starred in that amazing Alien Soldier run Slowbeef had.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Al-Saqr posted:

huh, come to think of it I've only ever heard those two in the context of making fun of bad LP's, are they conversationally fun to listen to

Oh yeah totally.

Al-Saqr posted:

and are really into the stuff they play? I remember it was pretty fun when woolie guest starred in that amazing Alien Soldier run Slowbeef had.

U-uh s-sure yeah! I mean, the last thing I've seen slowbeef play was Sonic 06 so there was a lot of 'not being a fan and making GBS threads on the game though' but that was for their retsupurae channel so that's more to be expected.

Here's the thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3710626

Or just go to the first episode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jdocs-3r4k

A quick heads up though, they weren't planning on this being a full LP at first so that video is nearly an hour long.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Improbable Lobster posted:

I've been watching this LP and the guy's getting into a lot of the bizarre late-game stuff.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

So are we going back to BloodBorne tomorrow? Todays videos are good but they left off at a pretty big cliffhanger for first time players :v:.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

So are we going back to BloodBorne tomorrow? Todays videos are good but they left off at a pretty big cliffhanger for first time players :v:.

Bloodborne is every weekday. So no, not til Monday.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I think everyone's looking forward to seeing him try the next boss, judging from the comments (so am I). :v: But I'm kind of glad they take a break for the weekends too just to give more room for other videos.

Also I completely lost track, but it looks like the next Game of Thrones chapter came out recently, so hopefully we'll be seeing it soon.

Kimmalah fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Apr 5, 2015

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

havenwaters posted:

Bloodborne is every weekday. So no, not til Monday.

Oh dang, fair enough!

Edit: Yeah I understand the break for other videos, I'm just eager to see Pat try to turtle the next boss as it's the first "real" non-optional fight.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

It's too bad they've already done the Dark Souls 2 playthrough because Scholar of the First Sin would have been a hell of a lot more challenging.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Kimmalah posted:

It's too bad they've already done the Dark Souls 2 playthrough because Scholar of the First Sin would have been a hell of a lot more challenging.

I do not understand how a new player is supposed to beat Scholar, because they just throw a poo poo ton of high level enemies in waves at you. It's basically Lunatic Mode of Dark Souls II.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Tae posted:

I do not understand how a new player is supposed to beat Scholar, because they just throw a poo poo ton of high level enemies in waves at you. It's basically Lunatic Mode of Dark Souls II.

I think they did stuff like the respawning Heide Knight swarm mostly because so many people bitched about how hard it was to farm their gear. The rest is just good old Fromsoft cruelty I guess?

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS

Tae posted:

In my head I'm seeing Iron Passage applied to everywhere else in the game. No thanks.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Tae posted:

90% of the complaints about Bloodborne are because it is a PS4 exclusive and will most likely never ever go on the PC.

never ever

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

What was the name of that chick who saved the Punisher when [I can't remember if this is even right or not] those mob wives put out a hit on him and it actually almost worked till she showed up and killed everyone?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

RareAcumen posted:

What was the name of that chick who saved the Punisher when [I can't remember if this is even right or not] those mob wives put out a hit on him and it actually almost worked till she showed up and killed everyone?

Jenny Cesare. She was also the only realistic portrayal of the "I LIVE FOR REVENGE" type in Punisher comics in that at the end she went 'what the gently caress have I done to myself' and blew her brains out too instead of 'YEA I'M A BIG DICK NOW'

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

DumbparameciuM posted:

In my head I'm seeing Iron Passage applied to everywhere else in the game. No thanks.

I don't know if it's that bad really. Just a lot more regular enemies along with more "big" stuff like the Heide Knights and Ironclad guys.

Well probably not considering Sony officially announced they aren't going to port it and they never did with Demon's Souls (which was a similar Fromsoft/Sony collaboration).

Kimmalah fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Apr 5, 2015

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Jenny Cesare. She was also the only realistic portrayal of the "I LIVE FOR REVENGE" type in Punisher comics in that at the end she went 'what the gently caress have I done to myself' and blew her brains out too instead of 'YEA I'M A BIG DICK NOW'

Ah, thanks.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Well, Bloodborne can probably be emulated on PC in like 20 years.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Andrast posted:

Well, Bloodborne can probably be emulated on PC in like 20 years.

I bet we still won't have X-Box emulation in 20 years though. :argh:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I recall that someone somewhere on the interweb got their homemade PS3 emulator to actually boot up for a couple of seconds, which is pretty goddamn amazing considering PS2 emulation is still a buggy mess for the vast majority of games available to be played. This one is making some surprising progress given the timeframe in which game emulation starts being worked on.

360 emulation on PC on the other hand is a goddamn nightmare (you'd think it'd be the other way around given the PS3's architecture) and so nobody has ever done it successfully to my knowledge.

Wordnumber
Jan 13, 2015

Dexie posted:

I bet we still won't have X-Box emulation in 20 years though. :argh:

I mean, the Streetwise LP showed that even Microsoft can't emulate the Xbox on their own hardware.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

Tae posted:

I was watching a friend play Scholar to decide if I wanted to buy it or not, and Ornstein's dragon slaying abilities have gone way downhill in his old age because there's literally a dragon just loving sitting outside his room in Heide's Tower. A loving dragon in one of the first places you can go in the game.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The dragon actually has pretty low health, it's only got like 2,000 or so. If you can fight your way there, you can fight the dragon and win pretty easily. Actually making it TO the dragon is harder than fighting the dragon if you've beaten the Dragonrider (because all the new Heide knights get up and start wandering around).

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Al-Saqr posted:

huh, come to think of it I've only ever heard those two in the context of making fun of bad LP's, are they conversationally fun to listen to and are really into the stuff they play? I remember it was pretty fun when woolie guest starred in that amazing Alien Soldier run Slowbeef had.

I know this is late and offtopic by now but I've watched most things they've put out over the years and I've always enjoyed the hell out of their dynamic. They've done video LPs of SNATCHER (Hideo Kojima's next game after Metal Gear 1), Dead to Rights, Dead to Rights: Retribution and, my personal favorite, Super Metroid: Justin Bailey Edition. If you don't know what the latter is, just jump right in and observe their steady, collective breakdown into madness- it is one of my favorite LPs of all time allears:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Now I'm curious about DaS2's re-release because this is the fifth place I've seen complaining about it though I'm not entirely sure why.

Also I feel kinda bad, I watched about 1 or 2 episodes of the Mad World playthrough and decided the violence wasn't for me (that and it was super hard for me to tell what was going on, it kinda looked like a mess with that artstyle though I'm assuming it's just youtube/me having poo poo eyes for black and white). Figured I'd see the last episode at least and it just sounded like the guys were beating themselves up over it. What a sendoff, yeesh.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Now I'm curious about DaS2's re-release because this is the fifth place I've seen complaining about it though I'm not entirely sure why.

Also I feel kinda bad, I watched about 1 or 2 episodes of the Mad World playthrough and decided the violence wasn't for me (that and it was super hard for me to tell what was going on, it kinda looked like a mess with that artstyle though I'm assuming it's just youtube/me having poo poo eyes for black and white). Figured I'd see the last episode at least and it just sounded like the guys were beating themselves up over it. What a sendoff, yeesh.

Scholar changed all the enemy placements, which got rid of a good number of some infamous, obnoxious, or unfair groupings, but replaced them with just as many new ones. Dark 2 is I think easily the hardest in the series, even before Scholar, but that's not a compliment, as the level of difficulty was never the main thing that made Souls good, it was the world building and exploration.

Another promise was redone writing, but instead of improving the writing, there's just a lot more of it. Which is a shame, because the core story of Dark 2 is really cool, but told in a very flat way.

Disclaimer, I'm still playing through Scholar, but these things are already apparent.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
There's a Pursuer that constantly hunts you in the most random of places. Also he's harder than the actual Pursuer because he has a chest cannon attack.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Tae posted:

There's a Pursuer that constantly hunts you in the most random of places. Also he's harder than the actual Pursuer because he has a chest cannon attack.

That sounds incredible.

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Playing dark souls 2 again after Bloodborne is super difficult. Everything feels so slow. Really messes with me when I'm used to doing super quick dodges.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

It is a shame about MadWorld, because it is such a cool game. A lot of bad judgment calls were made, it seems. I don't want to tell them how to do their job, because they're the professionals and I'm a schlub on the internet, but they probably should have just recorded it straight from a Wii. That would have fixed the control issues at least, plus output a video recording that YouTube wouldn't massacre.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Didn't watch the Madworld LP myself, did it get canned?

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Rodyle posted:

Didn't watch the Madworld LP myself, did it get canned?

No, they finished it. It just didn't do very well ratings wise. It's always kind of a bummer seeing games the Zaibatsu are passionate about getting low views.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
The last video was just Matt and Woolie reflecting on the game on what they did and didn't like about it. It was a pretty cool video and I enjoyed the Madwold LP.

Also, God Hand LP coming...eventually?

Sam Sanskrit
Mar 18, 2007

Clip-On Fedora posted:

No, they finished it. It just didn't do very well ratings wise. It's always kind of a bummer seeing games the Zaibatsu are passionate about getting low views.

I mean I love that game as well but the LP format pretty much prevented people from being able to see what I actually love about that game. Which is Greg motherfucking Proops. Maybe a subtitle LP would work better though I know that's not really their thing.

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS

SkeletonHero posted:

It is a shame about MadWorld, because it is such a cool game. A lot of bad judgment calls were made, it seems. I don't want to tell them how to do their job, because they're the professionals and I'm a schlub on the internet, but they probably should have just recorded it straight from a Wii. That would have fixed the control issues at least, plus output a video recording that YouTube wouldn't massacre.

They explained in the finale video that they emulated so that they could upscale and downsample precisely so it would look half decent on youtube. Woolie explained that capturing Madworld at 480p and then shoving it into the vagaries of youtube encryption makes the footage look like dogshit and after having a quick look around at other LP's on youtube I'm inclined to agree.

Matt acknowledged the bitching about the controls and apologised*. They made some noises about possibly getting a bluetooth dongle so they could use a Wii controller should they have to emulate again. Honestly I don't think they have anything to apologise for. I think the only thing they could've done better was to be more upfront about why they were emulating stuff earlier in the LP. Doing so may have quelled some unnecessary, boring, and very repetitive bitching from the audience.

Excited to see what's next, keep up the good work Zaibatsu.

*Woolie didn't apologise, and I'm inclined to agree with his "gently caress the haters" stance.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
They could've also not LPed a game with so many different factors that make an LP of it basically impossible to discern why someone would like it. Adopting a "gently caress the haters" policy is also dumb because even amid the people who are making dumb complaints are people with actual concerns that might be worth taking into consideration. I'm not saying that no one is listening to the otherwise Matt wouldn't have apologized and will improve from here, no doubt, but that policy is not one you should adopt.

On the subject of things I am enjoying right now, Indie Games is always fun and Bloodborne is actually pretty good so far. Does anyone have that image of Liam getting poo poo on for defending Valkyrie Drive?

maybeflan
May 15, 2014

Silentman0 posted:

superbestfriends.png

This one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yes, thank you.