Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

NESguerilla posted:

^^^ Is that a set or some custom stuff? Easter batman is pretty awesome.

It's all from sets. That's an Arctic Batman cowl, most of the cast are wearing the easter bunny hats and torsos from the Minifigures figure, Unikitty was rebuilt as Unibunny, and the couch was reupholstered with light azure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

beato posted:

Happy Easter, Legoons!

The title of the MOC is, of course, "Double Decker Wicker Basket - So everyone can collect eggs together and be bunnies!"

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

beato posted:

Happy Easter, Legoons!

Need to break Benny's chinstrap

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Looks like the Pet Shop is in stock on shop.lego. I placed my order yesterday with the ship within 30 days warning and I just got the email notification shipping the set.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Why can't I find the technic 24 hour car that came out without a 30 dollar markup? Ugh

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Are you trying to buy it in the US? It's not released yet, so you have to buy an imported copy.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

smackfu posted:

Are you trying to buy it in the US? It's not released yet, so you have to buy an imported copy.

That makes sense. Guess I could have looked up the release date...

Threash
May 18, 2003

Rythe posted:

Looks like the Pet Shop is in stock on shop.lego. I placed my order yesterday with the ship within 30 days warning and I just got the email notification shipping the set.

Gave this a shot, I was going to wait for one more possible shipment into the store to see if they got any but I guess I'll try my luck ordering onine. Worried I'll just end up missing it entirely.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

beato posted:

Happy Easter, Legoons!

This is excellent.

Major Kong, please report to the moonbase.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Threash posted:

Gave this a shot, I was going to wait for one more possible shipment into the store to see if they got any but I guess I'll try my luck ordering onine. Worried I'll just end up missing it entirely.

Disregard on that info, looks like I need to read more than the header of the email. It appears the shipping information was for the free promo item. I'm kind of bummed out on that now.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Chris Knight posted:

This is excellent.

Major Kong, please report to the moonbase.

Right mate, in a tick.

Mine GO BOOM
Apr 18, 2002
If it isn't broken, fix it till it is.
Just found out that not only does Toys-R-Us price match lego.com prices (say good-bye to TRS tax forever), but they'll price match their sales as well. And it just so happens that the word "Sold Out" on individual items is just slightly off the screen on a mobile device, so I got to price match against a sold out, retired set knocking $40 off the TRS listed price and getting myself a set I missed.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?

Mine GO BOOM posted:

Just found out that not only does Toys-R-Us price match lego.com prices (say good-bye to TRS tax forever), but they'll price match their sales as well. And it just so happens that the word "Sold Out" on individual items is just slightly off the screen on a mobile device, so I got to price match against a sold out, retired set knocking $40 off the TRS listed price and getting myself a set I missed.

Does this apply to Toys-R-Us express too?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Which set was it?

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
Uh, wow: https://ideas.lego.com/projects/98263

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

So lego ideas is basically turning into facebook, cater to nostalgia or pop culture and enjoy infinite upvotes.

:v:

Though it is a nice build I just can't see a toy company agreeing to manufacture it.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Picked up two sets this weekend: A B-Wing which was on sale - quite a fun build I even got one of those fancy new brick separators (which would have been nice about a week earlier when I was putting together a bunch of old sets I had in storage) - and that big-rear end Technic Cargo plane. I forgot how fun these big technic sets can be to put together. Only real complaints are how many drat stickers the set had and how the battery box takes 6 AAs and I don't see a way to get it out to remove/put batteries in without disassembling a part of the plane.

Now to resist the urge to buy one of those red-five X-Wings.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

xzzy posted:

So lego ideas is basically turning into facebook, cater to nostalgia or pop culture and enjoy infinite upvotes.

:v:

Though it is a nice build I just can't see a toy company agreeing to manufacture it.

Of course. I still voted for it.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Birds.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

This popped on my Facebook for some reason as a trending topic, with this description: "The Golden Girls: Lego Ideas Program Accepts Detailed Recreation of 1980s Sitcom's Set"

Which is pretty confusing.

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007

Birds set is awesome. Does anyone have any MOCs, preferably with instructions, to build more birds to go with the official set? I highly doubt I could put together something that detailed on my own, I don't build natural looking stuff much.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

I need this for my girlfriend

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

The hummingbird isn't quite up to the standards of the other two. All the photos show up from a very low perspective. When you build it, you realize that's because the top of the bird is pretty boring, just two dark green pieces. And the neck is really spindly from most angles other than the one they took the product photos from.

Crotch Fruit posted:

Birds set is awesome. Does anyone have any MOCs, preferably with instructions, to build more birds to go with the official set? I highly doubt I could put together something that detailed on my own, I don't build natural looking stuff much.

The guy who did the Ideas set has a lot more on Flickr. No instructions, but I would guess most of them use the same core with studs on all six sides that the robin uses in the official set. And the details around that core are pretty easy to get from the photos.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/detomaso/with/16719682447/

He also has another Ideas project with three more birds: https://ideas.lego.com/projects/98737

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Slugworth posted:

I need this for my girlfriend

Is your girlfriend 70 years old?

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

I loved Golden Girls, I would buy that in heartbeat

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

smackfu posted:

The guy who did the Ideas set has a lot more on Flickr. No instructions, but I would guess most of them use the same core with studs on all six sides that the robin uses in the official set. And the details around that core are pretty easy to get from the photos.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/detomaso/with/16719682447/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/detomaso/8969417418/

:parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Ha, I thought that was a fish model.

Mine GO BOOM
Apr 18, 2002
If it isn't broken, fix it till it is.

NESguerilla posted:

Which set was it?

The Technic 62006 Excavator. I was mad I missed it before it retired (was waiting for B1G1 50% sale to cancel TRS tax or double VIP) because it is reselling high on eBay and I didn't want to pay so much for it. Now I got one cheap.

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector

This is amazing.

On an unrelated note, that blue F-35 set coming out later this year, has anything showed what the two alt-models will be? I assume it's one of the Creator 3-1's.

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

The sponsors will like you better this way, trust me.

The Rage posted:

I loved Golden Girls, I would buy that in heartbeat

This. Voted twice

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Golden Girls was far better than it had any right to be, and I will totally buy that set if it gets made.

I love how out of left field this picture must seem to anyone who doesn't know the episode it's referencing.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Holy poo poo, it's reached 10,000 already. That's got to be one of the fastest ever.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

There are two other golden girls ideas on there that I saw just from scrolling the ticker on the front page.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

I love that they used the dwarf legs for Sophia, and I have been singing the theme song in my head all drat day.

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

Tanith posted:

This is amazing.

On an unrelated note, that blue F-35 set coming out later this year, has anything showed what the two alt-models will be? I assume it's one of the Creator 3-1's.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Colonial Air Force posted:

Is your girlfriend 70 years old?

For all intents and purposes, yes.

In her defense on this one however, Estelle Getty was a national treasure.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
That jet is clearly flying without issue, so it can't be an F-35.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Jesus Christ Monkey Balls..

http://www.bricksandbloks.com/lego-dimensions-video-game-toys-sets-announced/

Sweet Jesus Lego, is getting into toys to life. I already want that Back to the future and Benny's pack for the mini vehicles.

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong
Abandon all hope ye who enter here.

Man, I have avoided Skylanders, Disney Infinity and only took a glancing blow from Amiibos but this might be problematic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I watched the trailer and still have no idea what this new thing actually is.