Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
I'm thinking of taking a bit of a break from my Soviet tanks (I'm at tier 9 on mediums, ten on the IS heavy line, eight for arty and seven for lights). Preferably in favour of something with gun depression (gently caress Soviet design doctrine) and accuracy. How are the British heavy and medium lines?

Edit: And how do the Excelsior and Matilda BP stand up as crew trainers compared to the Matilda IV and Churchill III?

Lovely Joe Stalin fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Apr 6, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Mans posted:

Why did they remove the T14 and TOG from the store?

Because then they can charge a premium for them later on in gift shop packages.

Gapey Joe Stalin posted:

how do the Excelsior and Matilda BP stand up as crew trainers compared to the Matilda IV and Churchill III?

The Excelsior plays like a hybrid of the T14 and Churchill III - if you can get one on sale (or even off-sale, it's 1500g vOv) it'll prove invaluable once the Brits get a T10 heavy worth using in CW. The Matilda BP, however, is complete garbage. Avoid at all costs. The T-34-85M, even without pref MM, is a superior medium crew trainer for the Russians...too bad it'll probably be a while before they offer it for sale again.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Apr 6, 2015

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

maev posted:

I've destroyed the tracks of two enemy vehicles twice now, once where I did it three times. None of these were counted for SPG mission 5 - destroy the tracks of two enemy vehicles. Do they need to also be destroyed (while they are tracked) by someone else because if so gently caress this life.

Yep! Skip the arti missions unless you have platoonmates.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Gapey Joe Stalin posted:

Edit: And how do the Excelsior and Matilda BP stand up as crew trainers compared to the Matilda IV and Churchill III?

The Excelsior is a better tank than the Churchill, but doesn't get the 30% boost to xp like the Church 3 gets. It's fine.

The Matilda BP is worthless. Do not buy it. Do not play it if you get it for free. Worse in literally every way to the Churchill 3, and can run out of ammo.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT MY RADLEY-WALTERS' MEDAL

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.

Artillery.Call it by it's name.

You want to fist fight me bro?

[e]: I suck at fist fighting.

The Southern Dandy fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Apr 6, 2015

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

The Southern Dandy posted:

Artillery.Call it by it's name.

You want to fist fight me bro?

Come make me.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Couple of thoughts:

When does a new player get stats that appear via XVM? Is it based on a number of battles or minimum time since account creation? I'm asking for a friend.... :ninja:

The VK3001H is hot garbage. Imagine a medium tank, but remove its nice gun and usable top speed. Now let it take tons of module/crew damage through its paper armor. Voila! You have the VK3001H!

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Atomizer posted:

Couple of thoughts:

When does a new player get stats that appear via XVM? Is it based on a number of battles or minimum time since account creation? I'm asking for a friend.... :ninja:

It's basically random and totally out of your control.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.

Hellsau posted:

Come make me.

Tease.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

You apparently read those three words in the wrong order.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

Hellsau posted:

That's me in spades.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Hellsau posted:

I thought you and Dandy were going to do a little fisting?

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

notwithoutmyanus posted:

We just have violent arguments about the usefulness of French arty.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

notwithoutmyanus posted:

Oh wow I both misread him AND mistyped my message. Dandy just pm me honey ~_^

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

Hellsau posted:

Oh wow I both misread him AND mistyped my message. Dandy just pm me honey ~_^

You say Wellington; I say Napoleon. Let's call the whole thing off.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

You say Wellington; I say Napoleon. Let's call the whole thing off.

who the gently caress calls it beef napoleon

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

Hellsau posted:

who the gently caress calls it beef napoleon

If you can cook a passable beef wellington, well, it's on.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

If you can cook a passable beef wellington, well, it's on.

PASSABLE? Well I have never been so insulted in all of my life. I'm leaving you!

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

Hellsau posted:

PASSABLE? Well I have never been so insulted in all of my life. I'm leaving you!

Oh that is it! Sabers at dawn in the courtyard!

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
Tanks?

Maybe not really tanks. As always, more pictures here.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

We just have violent arguments about the usefulness of French arty.

I thought that was me and hellsau

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Wow, I really suck in the Covenanter.

srb
Jul 24, 2007
Shoot more APCR.

JustNorse
Feb 10, 2011
I just graduated to the M6, any suggestions on equipment? Rammer, gun laying drive and?

Wotstats was a sad acquaintance to make. I already knew I should stop playing, but while being abysmally bad at heavies I'm apparently not completely useless in a chaffe…

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

JustNorse posted:

I just graduated to the M6, any suggestions on equipment? Rammer, gun laying drive and?

Wotstats was a sad acquaintance to make. I already knew I should stop playing, but while being abysmally bad at heavies I'm apparently not completely useless in a chaffe…

Vents or optics are both fine. Be sure to beeline to the 90mm gun as fast as possible, that really makes the tank work.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Got my T7 clown car login bonus tonk. Every battle has 10 a side at least so you guys with B2's enjoy yourselves.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Fat Jesus posted:

Got my T7 clown car login bonus tonk. Every battle has 10 a side at least so you guys with B2's enjoy yourselves.

Surely you mean Minimaus drivers - the T7 only gets into tier two matches.

Dukket
Apr 28, 2007
So I says to her, I says “LADY, that ain't OIL, its DIRT!!”

Fat Jesus posted:

Hmmm, I received notification that I should have a T7, but its not in my garage :(

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

JustNorse posted:

Gld, rammer, optics. Sit back use your pen. 160 silver is enough to punch through most 7s the 240 apcr will pen everything. The 6 doesn't really have armor but the gun handles nicely and the DPM is quite good. It scoots pretty well for its size so ramming can lead go some pretty funny results.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Oh whats this about a french premium light tank? Sucks its not going to be tier 6.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

Do you like trashy stuff on the internet? I like trashy stuff on the internet. From a "friend" of a friend, and I thought I got angry:

gently caress the Catholic Church. And yes, I was indoctrinated before I was able to make any informed decision as a child into Catholicism. As an adult male I have had sex with THREE Catholic priests, only one of whom was honest about it, after the fact. The Papacy is organized crime exemplified. Mother Teresa is responsible for more AIDS deaths in Africa than all the unprotected gay sex that has ever happened in all the gay bars in New Orleans combined. If you are Catholic and this offends you, get off my page. I don't need any "friends" who buy into the hypocrisy of the One True Church's bullshit and propaganda. gently caress the church and gently caress their sheeple. ALL religion is poison, and if you are buying into the crap about the softer, gentler pope, you are an idiot and know nothing about Catholicism. Again, not up for a discussion about this, so be forewarned. Offended? Get off my page.

Happy delusional belief day to all of my religious friends of whatever mythical subscription you rely on to create an external locus of control over your lives and by which you create a moral context for your life based on others' beliefs and traditions as opposed to intrinsically searching for the beauty of existence and the desire to do good just for the sake of doing good. I can not respect your indefensible beliefs, but if you are on my friends list, I respect you, otherwise you would not be reading this message. I love you in spite of your religion, as you love me in spite of my reliance on science, empiricism, and my whole hearted devotion to heathenism, debauchery, and my belief that religion has done far more damage than good throughout history. As one of my friend's grammys said, "If two people were just alike, one of them would be unnecessary."

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Gld, rammer, optics. Sit back use your pen. 160 silver is enough to punch through most 7s the 240 apcr will pen everything. The 6 doesn't really have armor but the gun handles nicely and the DPM is quite good. It scoots pretty well for its size so ramming can lead go some pretty funny results.

Hull-down is still useful for neat bounces and minimizing your profile, so be sure to make use of that turret.

Refried Noodle
Feb 23, 2012

Do you like trashy stuff on the internet? I like trashy stuff on the internet. From a "friend" of a friend, and I thought I got angry:

gently caress the Catholic Church. And yes, I was indoctrinated before I was able to make any informed decision as a child into Catholicism. As an adult male I have had sex with THREE Catholic priests, only one of whom was honest about it, after the fact. The Papacy is organized crime exemplified. Mother Teresa is responsible for more AIDS deaths in Africa than all the unprotected gay sex that has ever happened in all the gay bars in New Orleans combined. If you are Catholic and this offends you, get off my page. I don't need any "friends" who buy into the hypocrisy of the One True Church's bullshit and propaganda. gently caress the church and gently caress their sheeple. ALL religion is poison, and if you are buying into the crap about the softer, gentler pope, you are an idiot and know nothing about Catholicism. Again, not up for a discussion about this, so be forewarned. Offended? Get off my page.

Happy delusional belief day to all of my religious friends of whatever mythical subscription you rely on to create an external locus of control over your lives and by which you create a moral context for your life based on others' beliefs and traditions as opposed to intrinsically searching for the beauty of existence and the desire to do good just for the sake of doing good. I can not respect your indefensible beliefs, but if you are on my friends list, I respect you, otherwise you would not be reading this message. I love you in spite of your religion, as you love me in spite of my reliance on science, empiricism, and my whole hearted devotion to heathenism, debauchery, and my belief that religion has done far more damage than good throughout history. As one of my friend's grammys said, "If two people were just alike, one of them would be unnecessary."

I liked the part about the tanks

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Refried Noodle posted:

It's a metaphor for playing French anything.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

I need to know the church's stance on the Abbey map before taking any sides here.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

Prav posted:

I need to know the church's stance on the Abbey map before taking any sides here.

I would like an official condemnation of fuckers that camp the eastern lane in tournaments like loving scrubs.

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

JustNorse posted:

a spall liner for the comedy ramming options, the M6 has one of the best power/weight ratios in game (just don't try to ram a KV)

unlocking the 90mm will also help you out in the T29 because you do not want to start with the 76mm in Tier7-9 matches it sees

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

Refried Noodle posted:

Since when do I post about tanks? They're tanks; play them.

The Southern Dandy fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Apr 6, 2015

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

This is how I spend my mornings with SRB, the lingonberry nerd: http://www.theonion.com/articles/av...eview:2:Default

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Economically illiterate Tory Boy Bollocks brain.
Keep away from children
Do I use the autoloader or the not-autoloader on the T-37 ?