Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
https://twitter.com/RAWK_Meltdown/status/506823337155522560/photo/1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THATCHER BRAINWASH
Mar 28, 2015

by Cowcaster
https://mobile.twitter.com/RAWK_Meltdown/status/562664238402244610/photo/1

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wrong thread brah?

THATCHER BRAINWASH
Mar 28, 2015

by Cowcaster

oliwan posted:

Wrong thread brah?

I know this is a TRP meme but come on

THATCHER BRAINWASH
Mar 28, 2015

by Cowcaster
5 EUROPEAN cups

You'd like that I guess?

Monaco?

Now they are a BIG team in Europe...

It doesn't help that he looks like Gru...

And wears the shittest coat I ever saw

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

PerpetualSelf posted:

That so many members of the media and government were Pedophiles and nothing came out about it before now. That is really hard to believe. Extremely hard to believe. The foundation needed to be able to believe that something like that is true make believing it is a conspiracy of misdirection just as easy to believe if not more so.

Pesky Splinter posted:

I don't find it hard to believe.

The goverment covers-up poo poo, the police cover-up poo poo, the media covers-up poo poo (Hillsborough, Cyril Smith, phone hacking, as examples). I don't find it much of a stretch to believe that people in authority could abuse their position. It's not like such systematic abuse hasn't existed in the recent past - the Catholic Church, for instance.
There have certainly been allegations of abuse during the time periods - proving them is another matter, especially abuse that happened up to four decades ago. Then there's the additional hurdle of proving the existance of a conspiracy.

PerpetualSelf posted:

I am a Manchester United Fan so I don't believe in the hillsborough coverup.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Grez posts on Other Forums???

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

The Hillsborough Literally Never Happened

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

TBF thats helldumping. That guy is a loving retard though in a thread which aside from a israeli internet defense force gimmick poster who spends most of his time calling for the USA to nuke iran has been really good an informative.

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.

Chris de Sperg posted:

The Hillsborough Literally Never Happened

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

:magical:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Byolante posted:

TBF thats helldumping. That guy is a loving retard though in a thread which aside from a israeli internet defense force gimmick poster who spends most of his time calling for the USA to nuke iran has been really good an informative.

quoting something a retard said in D&D for this thread isn't helldumping

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Jose posted:

quoting something a retard said in D&D for this thread isn't helldumping

Isn't taking a comment from one subforum and posting it in another subforum to be mocked the literal act of helldumping? Like he is a dead set retard but that post wasn't from an offsite

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
I like Chelsea, Bayern, Barca and Juventus. I never have a bad year.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
Seriously WTF … I've been watching MLS since '96 … At one point I used to think the Cle Kooimans of the world were just an inevitable stage in the development of the league. We're 20 years later and we're still pretty much at the same level of out of control physicality. There's guys out there that look more like NFL linebackers than soccer players. Don't get me wrong the quality of soccer has gone up too, but every game I watch I see karate kicks to the chest, two footed tackles, elbows to the face, head to head collisions. Very few exceptions to that … maybe Bruce and Sigi bring a little more mature approach … maybe Kreis and Pareja are following that path too. But I watch a very diverse soccer diet and MLS is quickly heading to become the most physical league out there except maybe the Nigerian league (not that I've ever seen that league) …

This is stupid EPLification of American soccer. And it's not the good side of EPL that's being copied here (Wenger, Martinez etc ) but the brutal size, strength and speed over technique. It's a stupid model to follow. EPL is about to slip to 3rd in coefficients for the decade despite spending twice the money of their nearest competitor. The only saving grace in that league is the handful of foreign coaches who use foreign tactics with foreign players. No wonder England NT is by far the weakest out of the big 5.

Sorry for the rant but this insult to the game of soccer won't go away until there's is a culture change in the front offices across the league. Douchebags like Porter and Vermes should train MMA fighters not soccer players. Referees' hands are tied with these types of games. On the one hand you're told to let the game flow but when you do in MLS it almost always turns into a hack fest

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

chuggo is BACK posted:

MLS is quickly heading to become the most physical league out there except maybe the Nigerian league (not that I've ever seen that league) …
LOL

HMM He's mostly right though MLS is terrible and Porter is a complete fraud

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
The Nigerian league is definitely athletic

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Dunban posted:

The Nigerian league is definitely athletic

And humble

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Byolante posted:

And humble

And full of promising 18 year olds.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyaTC2BJdmk

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Byolante posted:

And humble

Mods

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
There are four guys right now that MLS would pay a significant amount for, IMO - Ronaldo, Messi, Zlatan and Rooney. Van Persie I suspect isn't too far behind.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

vyelkin posted:

And full of promising 18 year olds.

Also surprisingly articulate.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

I saw this yesterday and lol I hate Arsenal fans

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
I agree with that Arsenal picture

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
sellick fans are scum to a man always have been always will be. Honestly think I'd crack a stauner if a stand housing them collapsed.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

chuggo is BACK posted:

sellick fans are scum to a man always have been always will be. Honestly think I'd crack a stauner if a stand housing them collapsed.

jre is triggering and preparing a response as we speak

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

THATCHER BRAINWASH
Mar 28, 2015

by Cowcaster

Murder football fans

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Is Tottenham's logo some kind of bird standing on a giant turd

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003