Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

You can't cut back on funding! You'll regret this, kisama!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Some news on the Natsume front:

-A-Train 3DS will be out in NA on April 14 and PAL-land on April 16, $30/25EUR, eShop-only.

-Natsume will be publishing 8 GBA games on the Wii U VC; they'll start dropping in June, with confirmed titles including Pocky & Rocky with Becky and a couple Medabots games (Medabots Rokusho, Medabots AX)

gently caress the GBA version of Pocky and Rocky, that means I can't play multiplayer and that game is hard as balls without it :bang:

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

When SEO just isn't enough.
I've been waiting for the Medabots game for so long come on please.

Siselmo
Jun 16, 2013

hey there
I got a Flipnote 3D code, but my NNID is from Mexico so it's useless for me (I made it before I even knew about Club Nintendo and bought some stuff already so I don't want to create a Canadian/American one).

Code taken!

Siselmo fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Apr 5, 2015

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Siselmo posted:

I got a Flipnote 3D code

Grabbed it, thanks a lot!

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Does NSMB2 have a challenge mode like the Wii U one has? That's the only game I don't have from the plat rewards that looks appealing to me. Might just pawn off the Donkey Kong Code for more more bux or something though. Pretty disappointed in their Wii U offerings this year.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
NSMB2 has Coin Rush, a score attack mode using random groupings of levels from the main game. A lot of people didn't seem to get into it, or resented it because it was tied into the "what happens if you get a jillion coins?!" marketing narrative that went nowhere.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
So how does one claim a Flipnote code? I forgot all about it until people started chatting about it here.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Man I'm torn on the Platinum rewards. I may just end up getting Tropical Freeze, but I don't actually have a Wii U so I'd only be able to claim it to play on a friend's. I already have Animal Crossing so my other choices are World Tour and Mario Kart 7. I've already played a ton of 8 on my friend's Wii U so I don't know how much I'd actually play 7, and while I've heard a ton of good things about World Tour I've never really gotten into Golf games. Hrm. I wish you could pick one Plat and one Gold. :(

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Man I'm torn on the Platinum rewards. I may just end up getting Tropical Freeze, but I don't actually have a Wii U so I'd only be able to claim it to play on a friend's. I already have Animal Crossing so my other choices are World Tour and Mario Kart 7. I've already played a ton of 8 on my friend's Wii U so I don't know how much I'd actually play 7, and while I've heard a ton of good things about World Tour I've never really gotten into Golf games. Hrm. I wish you could pick one Plat and one Gold. :(

Get a Wii U

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

jivjov posted:

So how does one claim a Flipnote code? I forgot all about it until people started chatting about it here.

Log in to your Club Nintendo account and you should see a to do item with a code.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

noirstronaut posted:

Log in to your Club Nintendo account and you should see a to do item with a code.

My only listed todo item is the Mewtwo promo

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Get Pushmo World and sell me the code.

WorldWarWonderful
Jul 15, 2004
Eh?

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

You can try the Mario Golf demo.

I wish I picked something other than Tropical Freeze though. I'm not surprised I'm not into it considering I stopped playing DKCR halfway through.

WorldWarWonderful fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Apr 5, 2015

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

For the record, I picked World Tour and I'm having a blast with it. It's a very well polished game with solid controls and even though I haven't played a Mario Golf game since the N64/GBC days, it was easy to get into.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

The Lobster posted:

For the record, I picked World Tour and I'm having a blast with it. It's a very well polished game with solid controls and even though I haven't played a Mario Golf game since the N64/GBC days, it was easy to get into.

Agreed. It is a good golf game, even for people who don't generally care for golf games. I like it even more than Toadstool Tour on the GC, and I played the holy hell out of TT.

My coin-bought games are pretty much decided, so I guess that I will probably get Animal Crossing as a Platinum reward as I have everything else exciting that is on offer for Platinum. I can't justify using all of that "Platinum Credit" for Gold-level games that cost about $8, and I have a lot of them anyway. I was rather disappointed with the offerings myself, but I already owned everything I care about for WiiU/3DS, so I am not sure what I was expecting.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Stan Taylor posted:

Does NSMB2 have a challenge mode like the Wii U one has? That's the only game I don't have from the plat rewards that looks appealing to me. Might just pawn off the Donkey Kong Code for more more bux or something though. Pretty disappointed in their Wii U offerings this year.

The Coin Rush DLC is really great and worth buying.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I am the morning sun, come to vanquish this horrible night!
So I just got to the credits in Boxboy. And opened up all the bonus levels.

Guys, this game is reeeeeaaallly good. Buy it!!
None of the levels up to that point ever really took longer than 5-10 mins. But it's super satisfying to figure out how to get through all the puzzles with the skills you have.

It's only $5, and I love it.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

natsume doing VC stuff is great and at least we might get Mineral Town Harvest Moon, since it's the next best thing now that they've gone on record that HM64 is never going to happen :(

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
NOE's press release won't be out today thanks to the public holiday, but I can say that Pokemon Rumble World (3DS eShop, f2p) will be out this week, as well as Affordable Space Adventures for Wii U.

Reviews are starting to go up for ASA and they're generally quite positive, with complaints centered around the length (5-8 hours) and the linearity.

Doug Dinsdale
Aug 31, 2003

Shorts
Comfy: {Yes}
Easy to Wear: {Yes}
Alright, we're good to go! :neckbeard:

SereneCrimson posted:

So I just got to the credits in Boxboy. And opened up all the bonus levels.

Guys, this game is reeeeeaaallly good. Buy it!!
None of the levels up to that point ever really took longer than 5-10 mins. But it's super satisfying to figure out how to get through all the puzzles with the skills you have.

It's only $5, and I love it.

Yeah, it is a great little game.
There's a lot more stages after the credits, too.
None of the puzzles are too difficult or frustrating, either--I managed to 100% with all the crowns collected. (As opposed to Pushmo, which I quit after 40 puzzles or so.)

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Oooh, good timing on that Paper Mario announcement. Just beat Mario RPG on SNES, and I had always intended to follow it up with my old CN reward of Paper Mario. I'll gladly upgrade that for $2.

Torn on my Plat reward. I've been itching to play Tropical Freeze, but I'd need to buy a hard drive to get that. Then again it's probably in my best interests to do that at some point, since I'm bound to run out of space eventually. Even if I keep avoiding retail downloads, it's only a matter of time before all the patches, eShop titles, and VC games push me to capacity. The alternative is Mario Golf for 3DS, which I've always heard great things about and probably works well as an always-available portable title, but isn't especially urgent on the list of things I wanna play.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I decided to check out what's happening with Smilebasic/Petit Computer 3DS and hey, Starfox!

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm25600298

Shmup!
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm25136156

Dungeon crawler!
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm25765674

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Apr 6, 2015

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Man, I have no idea what to get with my last 535 points. Kind of leaning towards the Mario vs DK games or maybe Harmoknight or Photo Finder. Any suggestions?

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Echophonic posted:

Man, I have no idea what to get with my last 535 points. Kind of leaning towards the Mario vs DK games or maybe Harmoknight or Photo Finder. Any suggestions?

Harmoknight is one of the more underwhelming rhythm games I've played.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

Echophonic posted:

I've enjoyed my time with the Chibi Robo game but I don't think I'd recommend it to most other people. It takes a while to figure out that the photo-taking really isn't terribly reliant on your framing but moreso how well-lit the picture is, and some of the mini-games are especially dull. I just enjoy exploring the few areas as Chibi Robo, and the atmosphere of the game sells it for me.

My personal recommendation, if you don't already own it, would be Fluidity: Spin Cycle.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Echophonic posted:

Harmoknight is good get that

Gandalf21
May 17, 2012

Echophonic posted:

If for some reason you don't own Mario's Picross, get Mario's Picross.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
Apologies if this is a repeat post:

Hope you dont want Earthbound for your reward, it's sold out.

Yep. A digital download is Sold Out.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Dubious posted:

Yep, they ran out of codes. They can always generate more.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
CN is still going for about 3 more months, so they'll generate codes soon enough. If you waited two months before picking your rewards then you can wait another week or so.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
I have enough coins for the 200 coin tier. What should I get?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Dubious posted:

The sold out digital download, copyright Nintendo™

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

The sold out digital download, copyright Nintendo™

I've seen it happen too on like GMG PC sales. It's not unheard of.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

It's even happened on Steam. There have been more than a few holiday Steam Sales where some games go off-sale because they're out of codes.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

mikeycp posted:

I have enough coins for the 200 coin tier. What should I get?

Mario's Picross

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

etrain tonight? Cuz I need more Mystery Dungeon in my life.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

I heard Earthbound is back "in stock" so you can all put your pitchforks back in the barn. Extinguish the torches as well. Nothing to see here, move along.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Gandalf21 posted:

If for some reason you don't own Mario's Picross, get Mario's Picross.

Kaubocks posted:

Mario's Picross

Listen to these good people.

I feel dumb because I went and deleted Darksiders 2 off my USB stick to make room for Tropical Freeze, and then realized I should've just deleted WO3 Hyper since I have Ultimate on the PS3 now and I can't imagine why I'd want to go back to Hyper at any point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (week of April 9):

quote:

WII U eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Affordable Space Adventures - €18.99 / £16.99
    Guac 'a Mole - €3.50 / £3.19/i]
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Buy 3 Wii U VC games, get the 4th free! Eligible games include Mario 64, DK64, Mario Kart DS and WarioWare Touched. - until April 16
    TNT Racers - Nitro Machines Edition (Wii U eShop) - €4.99 / £4.49 until April 9
    Paper Monsters Recut (Wii U eShop) - €3.29 / £2.79 until April 9
    Citizens of Earth (Wii U eShop) - €7.999 / £6.99 until April 9
    Gravity Badgers (Wii U eShop) - €3.29 / £2.79 until April 29

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    My Pet School 3D - €29.99 / £24.99
3DS eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Pokemon Rumble World - free-to-play (April 8, 11:00 CET)
    Quell Memento - €3.99 / £3.19
    Swords & Soldiers 3D - €6.99 / £5.59 (permanent price reduction)
    Quell Memento - £3.19 (permanent price reduction)
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Buy Azure Striker Gunvolt, get Mighty Gunvolt for free! (3DS eShop) - ends July 3
    AeternoBlade (3DS eShop) - €5.99 / £5.40 until April 9
    Swords & Soldiers 3D (3DS eShop) - €4.99 / £4.49 until April 9
    Zombie Panic in Wonderland (3DS eShop) - €4.99 / £4.49 until April 9
    Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars (3DS) - €14.99 / £13.49 until April 9
    Asterix The Mansions of the Gods (3DS) - €19.99 / £16.99 until April 9
    Citizens of Earth (Wii U eShop) - €7.99 / £6.99 until April 9
    WRC FIA World Rally Championship The Official Game (3DS) - €4.49 / £3.99 from April 9-16
    Comic Workshop (3DS eShop) - €4.49 / £3.99 until April 16
    Painting Workshop (3DS eShop) - €2.99 / £2.69 from until April 16
    Tappingo (3DS eShop) - €1.99 / £1.69 until April 23
    Legend of Dark Witch (3DS eShop) - €2.99 / £2.99 until April 23
    The Keep (3DS eShop) - €5.99 / £5.49 from April 9-23
    Heavy Fire: Special Operations 3D (3DS eShop) - €0.99 / £0.89 from April 9-23
    Rage of the Gladiator (3DS eShop) - €3.49 / £3.09 until April 30
CLUB NINTENDO DIGITAL REWARDS
    Tons of games across Wii U, 3DS and Wii! - [i]list here, rewards page here. Ends September 30.

Kinda balking at the price for Affordable Space Adventures, given that all the reviews have mentioned it's fairly short and mostly linear, but it does look fun and it's nice to see someone trying something interesting with the gamepad.

Pokemon Rumble World will probably suck, regardless of whether they do or don't shove IAP down your throat.

The Keep is a western dungeon crawler in the vein of Eye of the Beholder or Legend of Grimrock and it's apparently pretty good. Maybe I'll finally get around to buying it this week.