Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

Stick a fork in the socket if you want to shake all night long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

W424
Oct 21, 2010

Aoi-chan posted:

I know the dx7 is garbage

What is this poo poo.

Weird BIAS
Jul 5, 2007

so... guess that's it, huh? just... don't say i didn't warn you.
I'm gonna get my music store to order a DX7 just out of spite.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

unlawfulsoup posted:

Outlet Tone.

im normally a fan of more pickguard vs. less but this is testing me.

crashdome
Jun 28, 2011

unlawfulsoup posted:

Stick a fork in the socket if you want to shake all night long.

powers a bitcoin mining array with high voltage

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.

crashdome posted:

powers a bitcoin mining array with high voltage

High voltage? Would you say it's Thunderstruck?

Bread Dragon
Apr 7, 2012

pointlessone posted:

High voltage? Would you say it's Thunderstruck?

We can all assume this dirty deed was done dirt cheap.

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Bread Dragon posted:

We can all assume this dirty deed was done dirt cheap.

It's got The Jack!

Aoi-chan
Jul 28, 2003

W424 posted:

What is this poo poo.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news... Your Old Synthesizer is a Piece Of poo poo (I still want one)

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Chrpno posted:

It's got The Jack!

connected to a live wire

W424
Oct 21, 2010

Aoi-chan posted:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news... Your Old Synthesizer is a Piece Of poo poo (I still want one)

FM loving rules if you can program it.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

what is the point of an 8 string guitar if you only use the bottom four strings? someone make a loving 4 string guitar for these jokers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhOYflyfOPM

Aoi-chan
Jul 28, 2003

W424 posted:

Is that why a lot of pop music used the preset sounds on the DX7? :p

Seriously, I'm not really sure how to approach buying one. I've never seen one on.craigslist or in the local pawn shops or music store. I think I want the dx7 ii, but I dunno if I really need to care that much that the midi functions properly. I'm not crazy about eBay but they do pop up there.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

W424 posted:

That's why you get FM8 and not a loving DX7.

Real talk when it comes to synths is that older ones are way loving more hassle than they're worth, especially digital ones.

W424
Oct 21, 2010

A Winner is Jew posted:

That's why you get FM8 and not a loving DX7.

Real talk when it comes to synths is that older ones are way loving more hassle than they're worth, especially digital ones.

I feel like a gearslut but FM8 sounds "softer" than hardware (yes it's digital blah blah A/B tests blah bla). I feel dirty now.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

I remember this. I want to make one but I would probably just electrocute myself.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

I remember this. I want to make one but I would probably just electrocute myself.

It's a single pickup attached to a battery then an output jack, it's knucklehead simple. Look up a soldering tutorial and an emg wiring schematic and go to town.

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway.when you had sex with me and that monkey
Soiled Meat

Spanish Manlove posted:

It's a single pickup attached to a battery then an output jack, it's knucklehead simple. Look up a soldering tutorial and an emg wiring schematic and go to town.

Don't forget that bigger battery = More tone. Use a car battery.

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.

White Dog Eggs posted:

Last time I counted, I had 4 strat bodies, one red, two blue and one gross loving tobacco burst that stinks like a phone box on a hot day. All of them are Encore bodies (cheap UK guitar import company that has an odd habit of importing surprisingly good quality guitars occasionally). I had a black plywood one a few years ago that I ended up using as a sled.

That body could probably be glued back together pretty easily, although you might have to scarf in a new chunk of wood for the neck pocket. It'd be a cool project if you've got some basic wood tools/skills, plus it'd look gnarly as gently caress when it was all glued up.

Agreed it would look pretty badass if it were put back together, shattered pickguard pieces and all. I haven't opened the bodybag for it recently but I think the big challenge would be getting enough purchase to hold on the neck, since it had separated from the middle chunk of wood. I'll make sure to use imported rare tone glue if I do, however.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

stillvisions posted:

I'll make sure to use imported rare tone glue if I do, however.
Please, for the love of God, order real tone clamps from Stew-Mac if you do this. You'll lose the benefit if the tone glue if you use scrub tier clamps to hold it all together to dry.

You'll thank us later.

booshi
Aug 14, 2004

:tastykake:||||||||||:tastykake:

White Dog Eggs posted:

Don't forget that bigger battery = More tone. Use a car battery.

Just plug right into the mains.

(Make sure entire house is grounded properly for best tone, and is made of the best tone woods)

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.

booshi posted:

Just plug right into the mains.

(Make sure entire house is grounded properly for best tone, and is made of the best tone woods)

http://wallacedetroitguitars.com/the-guitars/purchase/

Cross post from the guitar thread. Houses and broken dreams make the best tone wood.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

How to electrocute yourself making a Djentstick.

1. Make a Djentstick

2. To celebrate your amazing accomplishment, go gently caress a lamp.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

unlawfulsoup posted:

You need the right ride for that kind of axe.

Holy poo poo, my neighbors are mechanics (and the son is a guitar tech) and they work for the person that owns this thing now and they're fixing it up. So the way it was rigged up was it would have 3 amps, two for guitars and one of the electric organ in the back. But it also has a ton of jacks, like 20 or 40 along the top of the door panels that you would be able to plug into and play and have a ton of people playing at the same time. Off 3 amps. Yeah, those other jacks were never functional.

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

Sire Oblivion posted:

Holy poo poo, my neighbors are mechanics (and the son is a guitar tech) and they work for the person that owns this thing now and they're fixing it up. So the way it was rigged up was it would have 3 amps, two for guitars and one of the electric organ in the back. But it also has a ton of jacks, like 20 or 40 along the top of the door panels that you would be able to plug into and play and have a ton of people playing at the same time. Off 3 amps. Yeah, those other jacks were never functional.

I think this demands a video of you playing into that car, preferably while it is moving. Remember it is Rock and Roll.

auzdark
Aug 29, 2005

Mercy is the cry of the soul that stirred,
Mercy is the cry and it's never heard.

unlawfulsoup posted:

I think this demands a video of you playing into that car, preferably while it is moving. Remember it is Rock and Roll.

Something akin to this: http://youtu.be/3VqmWGzK7UM

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.
I just bought a Gibson LP

TheChaosPath
Jul 22, 2005

ZombieParts posted:

I just bought a Gibson LP

yeesh, get a load of this guy

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Clitch posted:

How to electrocute yourself making a Djentstick.

1. Make a Djentstick

2. To celebrate your amazing accomplishment, go gently caress a lamp.

You kid, but it was a huge accomplishment for me to change my car battery by myself. I am shockingly loving inept with electrical stuff.

booshi
Aug 14, 2004

You kid, but it was a huge accomplishment for me to change my car battery by myself. I am shockingly loving inept with electrical stuff.

If you manage to electrocute yourself with a 9V battery that would be quite a feat. Who hasn't put the terminals to their tongue before as a quick test to make sure one isn't dead?

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

booshi posted:

If you manage to electrocute yourself with a 9V battery that would be quite a feat. Who hasn't put the terminals to their tongue before as a quick test to make sure one isn't dead?

My son(4 years old) asked my wife why she made him taste fire when he did it.

Edit: dad chat. Get off my lawn

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

I am impressed.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Everyone should experience this in real life at least once. These guys need to do a world tour. I'll chip in for gas, drumheads, guitar strings, drumsticks, whatever.

I'ma start a GoFundMe, brb.

booshi
Aug 14, 2004

Sockington posted:

My son(4 years old) asked my wife why she made him taste fire when he did it.

Edit: dad chat. Get off my lawn

Hey at least he did it. My students (18-20 years old) are mostly afraid to.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus
Every time I do it, it's a test of will. I have to psych myself up for it, like jumping off the high dive, or asking the wife for kinky sex.

Actuary X
Jul 20, 2007

Not really the best actuary in the world.

I am willing to play bass and/or drive the bike.

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Someone point this guy to this thread.

quote:

I'm Paying Cash for your Flashy Pointy 80s hair band style guitars and basses.

USA or Japanese made only!

BC Rich, Charvel, Jackson, ESP, Dean, Ibanez, etc

Parts and projects of the same style wanted too.

Email me photos, description, location and what your looking for.

Will meet up most any public place in New England.

Photos are of stock images of what I'm looking for. Thanks!

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Or just give him my phone number.

Just kidding, I love my horrible guitars and he can't have them!

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

unlawfulsoup posted:

I'm trying to get them to let me mess around with it but the guy who owns (famous comedian/ventriloquist *wink wink*) it is very private and they won't even tell me where his shop is so I think my chances of even seeing it are null.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big sexy
Apr 7, 2015

by XyloJW
:iamafag:

• Locked thread