Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Those chops better make release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

I legit want that Fabio do and those muttonchops. I either want my Geralt to look like a post-hardcore neckbeard or the cover of a Fortin & Sanders novel

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Will there be any coupon winnings from gambling in W3 like there was in the second, against that one monk? :ohdear:

I really really want another GOG discount.

SenatorIvy
Mar 1, 2003

Bush lied, Kentucky Fried.
Is it frowned upon to post in a game's thread about having a code for a game we want to trade? The steam trading thread is infinity pages long and I've got one more Witcher 3 from buying a GTX card. I've never played the series despite owning the first 2 and would much prefer somebody who wants it get it.

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

Sure, what do you want for it?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

SenatorIvy posted:

Is it frowned upon to post in a game's thread about having a code for a game we want to trade? The steam trading thread is infinity pages long and I've got one more Witcher 3 from buying a GTX card. I've never played the series despite owning the first 2 and would much prefer somebody who wants it get it.

I'll give you THREE Easter eggs!

Khagan
Aug 8, 2012

Words cannot describe just how terrible Vietnamese are.
The First 15 mins video on IGN seems to be missing some prior exposition. I like that obstacle traversing is much smoother now though.

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

Khagan posted:

The First 15 mins video on IGN seems to be missing some prior exposition. I like that obstacle traversing is much smoother now though.

Yeah, it cuts out the opening cinematic.

Here is a link to the video: http://me.ign.com/en/the-witcher-3-xbox-one-1/104580/video/the-first-15-minutes-of-the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-ig

It's mostly gameplay and it looks so nice.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Khagan posted:

Yep, they skipped the intro and the flashback/tutorial and the cutscenes.

SenatorIvy
Mar 1, 2003

beer_war posted:

Sure, what do you want for it?

Was hoping to get the MKX Kombat pass out of it so that I wouldn't have to spend any dough on that. Maybe a copy of Shovel Knight, too if even-ness was a concern.

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

SenatorIvy posted:

MKX Kombat

Can't even buy that here in Germany.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Lava Lamp Goddess posted:

Yeah, it cuts out the opening cinematic.

Here is a link to the video: http://me.ign.com/en/the-witcher-3-xbox-one-1/104580/video/the-first-15-minutes-of-the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-ig

It's mostly gameplay and it looks so nice.

I'm so playing this with my XOne controller on PC.

SenatorIvy
Mar 1, 2003

beer_war posted:

Can't even buy that here in Germany.

I'm down for a Steam card through that paypal gifts crap too, if the country is a blocking issue. I dunno if that goes to Germany either though.

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

Nah, looks like I can only buy Paypal gifts for people inside Germany.

I was going to wait for reviews / patches anyway, so I think I'll pass.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Was that silly estimated time to completion image in RPS' article today official? Because that's a wonderful chart.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Was that silly estimated time to completion image in RPS' article today official? Because that's a wonderful chart.

Got a link to the article?

Section 31
Mar 4, 2012
This one?

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/04/06/the-rpg-scrollbars-how-long-is-too-long/

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

I've been playing Witcher 2 since a few days ago and it still feels like there's lots to do, and it's really really nice. gently caress teh Wraiths, but other than that, it's great.

If W3 can get around the Dragon Age 3 issues of padding and collectothoning, then it'll most likely be the best rpg this year.

Drifter fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Apr 6, 2015

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Drifter posted:

I've been playing Witcher 2 since a few days ago and it still feels like there's lots to do, and it's really really nice. gently caress teh Wraiths, but other than that, it's great.

If W3 can get around the Dragon Age 3 issues of padding and collectothoning, then it'll most likely be the best rpg this year.

This is hilarious.

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum

That's a big loving map. :magical:

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

I just want to nom on Merrill
Confirming I still have an insane level of hype for this game. Praise Christ for Pillars of Eternity keeping me busy.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984
Weird question but do you think W2's Combat Rebalanced mod is going to screw up my savegame for W3 import purposes? Something I'd REALLY like to know sooner rather than later.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Rime posted:

That's a big loving map. :magical:

Where is this w/r/t the larger map? I've never seen a super high-res map and this doesnt look like it fits anywhere on the maps I have seen.

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum

Bort Bortles posted:

Where is this w/r/t the larger map? I've never seen a super high-res map and this doesnt look like it fits anywhere on the maps I have seen.

I cropped out 90% of the TW2 map and circled the general area of this new one.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Rime posted:

I cropped out 90% of the TW2 map and circled the general area of this new one.

Ah, thank you. I see the Pontar and Vizima so now I get it. The new one is just zoomed it with a lot more detail.

Khagan
Aug 8, 2012

Words cannot describe just how terrible Vietnamese are.
Comte, will the sea creatures be exactly where they are on that map?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

If there aren't massive, static seagulls floating over the ocean that look like they're posing for an invisible space camera, I'm canceling my preorder now.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Manatee Cannon posted:

If there aren't massive, static seagulls floating over the ocean that look like they're posing for an invisible space camera, I'm canceling my preorder now.

The seagulls will be wearing pants.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
Does anyone know if Emir's role with regard to Ciri will be mentioned in the game? If it's anything like the other Witcher games, it will probably make a lot of guys read the books and that would be a pretty big thing to take away.

Drifter posted:

The seagulls will be wearing pants.

:eyepop:

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.
A PR email just announced the first two paid DLC expansions: Hearts of Stone in 2015 (said to be 10+ hours) and Blood and Wine in 2016 (20+ hours).

Here's the full 200 hour long email.

quote:

CD PROJEKT RED, creators of the open world RPG The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, announce two massive expansions -- Hearts of Stone & Blood and Wine

The Witcher is a story-driven, next-generation open world role-playing game, set in a visually stunning fantasy universe full of meaningful choices and impactful consequences. In The Witcher, you play as Geralt of Rivia, a professional monster slayer tasked with finding a child from an ancient prophecy.

“With the development of Wild Hunt coming to an end, the team has embarked upon the creation of two new really big adventures set in The Witcher universe,” says Marcin Iwiński, CD PROJEKT RED co-founder. “We remember the time when add-on disks truly expanded games by delivering meaningful content. As gamers, we’d like to bring that back. We’ve said in the past that if we ever decide to release paid content, it will be vast in size and represent real value for the money. Both our expansions offer more hours of gameplay than quite a few standalone games out there.”

Hearts of Stone will take Geralt on an all-new, 10-hour-plus adventure into the wilds of No Man’s Land and the nooks and alleys of Oxenfurt, where he’ll try to complete a contract from the mysterious Man of Glass. Caught in a thick tangle of deceit, Geralt will need all his cunning and strength to solve the mystery and emerge unscathed.

Blood and Wine, a 20-hour-plus tale that will introduce the all-new in-game region of Toussaint, will take Geralt to a land untainted by war, where an atmosphere of carefree indulgence and knightly ritual masks an ancient, bloody secret.

“While we’re offering the Expansion Pass now, we want to make one thing clear: don’t buy it if you have any doubts. Wait for reviews or play The Witcher and see if you like it first. As always, it’s your call,” Iwiński concludes.

The upcoming expansions will offer gamers new adventures, gear and foes and will feature characters both new and dearly missed -- all crafted with maximum attention to detail and quality by the joint forces of CD PROJEKT RED’s Warsaw and Cracow studios.

Hearts of Stone will premiere in October, while Blood and Wine is slated for release in the first quarter of 2016.

Both expansions will be available on all three platforms: Xbox One, PC, PlayStation 4.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Those sounds pretty grand, but I won't be finishing tW3 until late 2016 in the first place, since it's so loving big to begin with. No way in hell am I preordering these. haha.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Corin Tucker's Stalker posted:

A PR email just announced the first two paid DLC expansions: Hearts of Stone in 2015 (said to be 10+ hours) and Blood and Wine in 2016 (20+ hours).

Any mention whether these will integrate into the main campaign or be separate?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

If the game is as good as it seems I'd definitely be up for getting the huge new expansions. Some people will never be pleased with announcements like this though and will just defer to "gently caress this im waiting til GOTY edition in 2017." I do think there's a big difference between a project like this continuing to work on massive expansions, and Ubisoft just saying "preorder and you get 5 lovely missions purposefully held back"

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.
Toussaint should be pretty interesting, the Knights Errant guys in the book were great.

Zoo06
Jul 20, 2007
So they just want us to keep playing forever, huh? 30 hours just in expansions plus the up to 200 hour main game? That's over 9 days worth of content. Not that I'm complaining...if the game lives up to expectations it'll be amazing.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

I am part of the problem, I will probably be grabbing the season pass.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Zoo06 posted:

So they just want us to keep playing forever, huh? 30 hours just in expansions plus the up to 200 hour main game? That's over 9 days worth of content. Not that I'm complaining...if the game lives up to expectations it'll be amazing.

CDPR won't be happy until they have a guy die in his seat, starcraft style. :black101:

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Corin Tucker's Stalker posted:

Similar, but disconnected Comte - what's going to happen with the RedKit and mod integration? Will it be limited entirely to new levels (Witcher 2 style) or will it have a way to slot changes/areas/quests into the existing game world Skyrm-style?

iCe-CuBe.
Jun 9, 2011
release your game before you announce expansions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

iCe-CuBe. posted:

release your game before you announce expansions
Yes because the people that make quests and environments are the same dudes that do QA and bugfixing :allears:

• Locked thread