Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

InitialDave posted:

Yeah, it's been in there before, but in a blink-and-you'll-miss-it way:

It goes all the way back to Better Luck Tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Rhyno posted:

It goes all the way back to Better Luck Tomorrow.

He's Han Lue in Better Luck Tomorrow, though. I should really watch that movie.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Better Luck Tomorrow is awesome. Justin Lin is awesome.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

angryhampster posted:

I typically don't appreciate NASCAR, but my god this video has me thinking twice:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fM1D0zuVEJs

Those cars are so insanely loose, and packed so tightly. Takes tremendous nuts to drive like that.

People make fun of NASCAR, but it takes a lot of talent to dial in the cars and then drive them on the edge for that long.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
My phone (5c) has decided that keeping accurate time is beneath it. I thought it was a little weird when my only alarm went off twice this morning, and now it is about an hour and ten minutes slow, but it'll randomly lose several minutes occasionally or gain them back.

Ugh I do not want to replace this bastard.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

angryhampster posted:

I typically don't appreciate NASCAR, but my god this video has me thinking twice:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fM1D0zuVEJs

Those cars are so insanely loose, and packed so tightly. Takes tremendous nuts to drive like that.

NASCAR is great, if you can get into the rhythm of beerbeerbeerHOLYFUCK!...beerbeerbeer...

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Ozmiander posted:

NASCAR is great, if you can get into the rhythm of beerbeerbeerHOLYFUCK!...beerbeerbeer...

I've been to a couple lower-series races, but never a Cup race, and have never been a fan of watching on TV. They are a lot of fun to watchi n person.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Seat Safety Switch posted:

He's Han Lue in Better Luck Tomorrow, though. I should really watch that movie.

I was just going off the interview where Lin said that at the end of the movie "Han is alone, or flying Solo at this point."

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Terrible Robot posted:

My phone (5c) has decided that keeping accurate time is beneath it. I thought it was a little weird when my only alarm went off twice this morning, and now it is about an hour and ten minutes slow, but it'll randomly lose several minutes occasionally or gain them back.

Ugh I do not want to replace this bastard.

I've never heard of that lol, I wonder if it's your SIM card or on your carrier or something

actually are you on sprint? that's a known issue of theirs

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

I am far too stoked about this sticker pack.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Rhyno posted:

Ugh, I just wanna play video games but we packed the controllers and took them over to the new place already.

Play tetris with moving boxes.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

T1g4h posted:

I want some, how doth I acquire them?

driguy
Feb 16, 2009

In The Pit!

T1g4h posted:

I went to order one and I didn't get to it in time. I'm bummed. Glad you got one though. They look great.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Rhyno posted:

I want some, how doth I acquire them?

You can't anymore. They were a super limited run on the Hoonigan site and at Formula Drift Long Beach. I managed to snag some off their shop Friday but they're not up for sale now. I'll get some pics of the other ones in a bit, they're pretty amusing :v:

Here's all 4 TFATF ones in the pack

Plus a bonus brushed chrome censor bar logo that came with the pack and bonus JUST AIN'T CARE decal that they threw in during shipping.

T1g4h fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Apr 6, 2015

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Tusen Takk posted:

I've never heard of that lol, I wonder if it's your SIM card or on your carrier or something

actually are you on sprint? that's a known issue of theirs

I'm with nTelos, which is a Virginia based company that has their own towers but also piggybacks off of other provider's towers, mostly Verizon.

I tried setting the time to manual as well and now it won't advance the time forward at all unless the screen is unlocked, so it just keeps falling farther behind.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
I don't think I'd ever want anything with Hoonigan on it to touch my cars.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

T1g4h posted:

I missed out on these, tried to buy a pack for next years AISS.

Terrible Robot posted:

My laptop decided to start doing this poo poo today. Time has jumped back and forth a few times between time zones so I don't know wtf is going on. Annoying but not as bad as a phone if you're using it as an alarm clock.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

drat, after yesterday I am fully in love with my cheap 3M respirator. I was mixing bondo and couldn't detect a whiff of it through the respirator. It's also really nice while sanding off ancient paint which may have significant quantities of lead...

The Midget is getting a lot closer to paint-ready. After a few hours with a stud welder & slide hammer plus a hammer/dolly set, even the horrible wheel-arch dent is starting to come out a little. The rear end looks pretty decent now... as for the wheel arch, I'm just aiming to get it close, smooth it a little with some body filler, and then bank on the fact that you can't see both sides of the car at the same time :v:

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug

Terrible Robot posted:

I'm with nTelos, which is a Virginia based company that has their own towers but also piggybacks off of other provider's towers, mostly Verizon.

I tried setting the time to manual as well and now it won't advance the time forward at all unless the screen is unlocked, so it just keeps falling farther behind.

This is the weirdest thing. I'm guessing it's getting some sort of time information from the cell network, akin to NTP. What version of iOS are you running? Do you normally have GPS turned on or off?

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

T1g4h posted:

You can't anymore. They were a super limited run on the Hoonigan site and at Formula Drift Long Beach. I managed to snag some off their shop Friday but they're not up for sale now. I'll get some pics of the other ones in a bit, they're pretty amusing :v:

Plus a bonus brushed chrome censor bar logo that came with the pack and bonus JUST AIN'T CARE decal that they threw in during shipping.

I like mine better:

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?

Ozmiander posted:

I could happily sit and watch NASCAR, gently caress it's a series I want to like but the TV coverage is so godawful I just can't. I'll put it on occasionally but you only get to see a few minutes of the race inbetween adverts, filler pieces, more adverts etc. and I'll turn it off again before the race is even half done.

And before anybody says it I'm not crossing the Atlantic to go see it in person.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I need to go to a framing store to get something framed. Being an adult is weird.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Ozmiander posted:

I like mine better:

Haha, nice! I dig that one too.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Phone posted:

I need to go to a framing store to get something framed. Being an adult is weird.

I tried to do that once, and wound up standing in front of the framing store for a solid 30 minutes waiting for them to open. gently caress that one framing store, and, by extension, all framing stores.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

T1g4h posted:

It should be "Street's closed," not "streets closed."

ENTIRE PACK RUINED

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Geirskogul posted:

ENTIRE PACK RUINED

I have a Sharpie, if I cared enough I could fix it :v:

BoostCreep
May 3, 2004

Might I ask where you keep your forced induction accessories?
Grimey Drawer

Geirskogul posted:

ENTIRE PACK RUINED

Yeah but remember who said it. I think it fits perfectly.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

bolind posted:

This is the weirdest thing. I'm guessing it's getting some sort of time information from the cell network, akin to NTP. What version of iOS are you running? Do you normally have GPS turned on or off?

I'm running iOS 8.2, and generally have my GPS turned off. Apparently this was an issue people were experiencing with their 5s and 5Cs a couple years ago but I've been using this one for nearly a year now and haven't had this problem before.

I hope it fixes itself soon, but it's been doing a few other weird things like the screen randomly locks itself while I'm using the phone and earlier when I turned on the flashlight nothing happened for 20 seconds or so.

E; aaaand now it's back to normal. Fuckin' technology man.

Terrible Robot fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Apr 6, 2015

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Fanatec wheel is supposed to get here tomorrow, can't waaaiittt

Sir Pukesalot
Nov 3, 2012

T-Square posted:

Fanatec wheel is supposed to get here tomorrow, can't waaaiittt

Same but with a Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga 12.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

some texas redneck posted:

So last night I went ahead and threw an application at Pizza Hut. For a corporate owned store in a very well off area.

One of my old managers sent me a text today saying he saw my application pop up. :tinfoil: He's in a franchise store in a middle income area (a store I've worked before, though briefly, and it's pretty close to home).

He's someone I really liked working with - he's checking with his boss to see if he can hire me back. There's a little bit of bad blood between myself and his boss (area manager), so my hopes aren't too high, but I did put in my 2 weeks notice, and worked the entire 2 weeks. A "good" day at the store I'm at now is $35, while a lovely day at his store is $40 (good would be more like $75-100).

After that draconian bullshit your current pizza-based employer laid on, good for you!

Tusen Takk posted:

So I took your guys recommendation and checked out some shelters, and lo and behold, we found a Lab/Husky/German Shepherd mix. We're picking him up tomorrow after I get off work :3:

My brother and sister in law already got his little brother :D

What a cute little guy! congrats!

Dannywilson posted:

Wolfhound scmolfhound, you need either a Caucasian Mountain Dog or a Komondor.

:stare:

zundfolge posted:

Probably drove his car into a swimming pool.

He'll never for for Cosa Nostra Pizza again.

mariooncrack posted:

I bought a used mechanical keyboard from SA Mart awhile ago (This was my first mistake). The seller warned me that it would be dirty but holy poo poo I didn't expect it to be that dirty. I finally finished cleaning it out and I'm typing on it now. Probably will be giving it to my girlfriend in a few days.

Re: hand salsa: as far as I can tell, at least one of the previous regular users of my P71 never washed his goddamned hands, and had a habit of resting his arm on the passenger seat top, gripping the headrest. I know this because the grey fabric headrest was BROWN on that side. And leathery. Seriously gross. Fortunately, the cop upholstery is pretty hardy, and a good scrubbing with Simple Green cleaned it up. the steering wheel and driver's door panel and armrest were nasty, too.

Darchangel fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Apr 6, 2015

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

fjelltorsk posted:

1990 turbo R in wild cherry

Oh, holy poo poo I can't WAIT to see this.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Darchangel posted:

Oh, holy poo poo I can't WAIT to see this.

I just hope he gets a number plate along the lines of "TRBO CHAR"

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

CommieGIR posted:

I don't think I'd ever want anything with Hoonigan on it to touch my cars.

I'd normally agree except I have actual overnight parts from japan on my subaru. Well, technically 2ish night parts from japan.

Real Gaiman
Apr 24, 2008

Terrible Robot posted:

I'm running iOS 8.2, and generally have my GPS turned off. Apparently this was an issue people were experiencing with their 5s and 5Cs a couple years ago but I've been using this one for nearly a year now and haven't had this problem before.

I hope it fixes itself soon, but it's been doing a few other weird things like the screen randomly locks itself while I'm using the phone and earlier when I turned on the flashlight nothing happened for 20 seconds or so.

E; aaaand now it's back to normal. Fuckin' technology man.

My verizon 5c did this last month. The Apple store straight up said it was a Verizon issue and I walked out of there with a new phone

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

One advantage of being a packrat is that when you have a falling-out with a roommate and he takes a bunch of your poo poo on his way out all that's obviously missing is a bunch of worthless broken crap that you should have recycled years ago anyway.
He raided my 'audio that came with cars I've bought' pile and got himself a pair of 3-way 6x9s manufactured during the capacitor plague and thus have blown crossovers and sound like poo poo, cheap single coil subs which are wired to the panel on the back of the box with bits of old extension cord, and an amp that only has one functioning channel.
One disadvantage of being a packrat is that everything else is a lot harder to inventory to see if anything else is missing.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

danfurer posted:

My verizon 5c did this last month. The Apple store straight up said it was a Verizon issue and I walked out of there with a new phone

Yeah my edit was premature, it only partially unfucked itself, but it's still running a few minutes slow and being weird. Unfortunately the nearest Apple Store is over an hour away from me. I might try calling them about it if it keeps up.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

mariooncrack posted:

My Samsung TV did something similar. There was an auto-dimming or auto-adjustment setting I had to turn off and then everything worked great.

It's not that, unfortunately; even hitting menu won't get it to light up. Sometimes it won't light up when it's first turned on, sometimes it flickers several times after being turned on. I'm pretty certain it's either a dying inverter or a cold solder joint on the inverter.

Darchangel posted:

After that draconian bullshit your current pizza-based employer laid on, good for you!

Eh, I'm not thrilled about going back to Pizza Hut (particularly since I'll be losing direct deposit, and my hours will be capped at 30/week), but I've worked in that store before, and I consider the GM to be a good friend.

Cakefool posted:

Crack the case and trace the wiring/traces for the backlight, it could be as simple as a poor solder joint.

I plan on doing that. Though I've been bit by an inverter before, so if it's anything on the inverter board, the inverter gets replaced (and handled with non-conductive gloves; it stings pretty bad when the inverter bites you, and I know caps can hold a charge for a long time).

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
http://www.theonion.com/video/today...view:NA:InFocus

The Onion delivers :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer

meatpimp posted:

I just hope he gets a number plate along the lines of "TRBO CHAR"

IIRC you can't get a personal plate in Norway, and like in the rest of Europe the plate follows the car and remains the same from first registration, so... :(

• Locked thread