Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.

exmorte posted:

Look where the old dude is pointing in brygenworth and go take a leap of faith.

I like that you have to figure that part out on your own, the runes also give you hints so it's not such a huge logic leap, but definitely one of the coolest moments.

I went camping this weekend, the Lunar Eclipse was very appropriate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

i want to do a magic run now

i'm kind of sad all the magic stuff is super far in the game cause it seems neat from what I've been messing around with

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

I went with an arcane build, and yeah there isnt much in the way of spells, they are fairly well powerful and have good utility, but you'll still be hitting stuff a lot, but you can really take advantage of elemental weaknesses by just slotting your weapons right. Also the flamethrower and the Holy water mister do quite a bit of dmg with high arcane.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

exmorte posted:

Look where the old dude is pointing in brygenworth and go take a leap of faith.

holy poo poo

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

zen death robot posted:

I decided to make a new character because NG+ was brutal as gently caress and it's weird how I'm just blowing through the first part of it now.

Im going to probably only do 3 characters max because having to pick up all the upgrade poo poo as items is hellish. In des it was all unlocked from 2-1 and in das1 you needed to get embers but you could at least get to +10 normal weapons before the 2nd half of the game because the large ember was a boss fight away from the first blacksmith

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Psycobladder posted:

I like that you have to figure that part out on your own, the runes also give you hints so it's not such a huge logic leap, but definitely one of the coolest moments.

I went camping this weekend, the Lunar Eclipse was very appropriate.
its fairly freakin obvious when you walk through an ominous door onto a plank leading to a glowing magical lake with a wheelchair wizard pointing towards the edge

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
the only thing the game didn't do was just to plaster a "JUMP OFF THE EDGE RETARD" sign at the end and even then that's what the player messages are for.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
I didnt know what to do and then i looked down and noticed the lake was glowing instead of reflecting the moon

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

If you beat 3 Chalice Dungeons with 99 insight before finishing the game, Aeris doesn't die.

Yeah but you gotta kill her yourself to get the good ending.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

hubris.height posted:

holy poo poo

this is when bloodborne begins

WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

CharlestonJew posted:

the only thing the game didn't do was just to plaster a "JUMP OFF THE EDGE RETARD" sign at the end and even then that's what the player messages are for.

what, and actually listen to a 'treasure ahead therefore try jumping'?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

WINNERSH TRIANGLE posted:

what, and actually listen to a 'treasure ahead therefore try jumping'?

im a very trusting person :smith:

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
that rom fight was extremely freaky to me, because the concept of deep water with horrid creepy crawlies in it is spooky as gently caress. therefore, i loved it

WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

CharlestonJew posted:

im a very trusting person :smith:

what's the message system/culture like on bloodborne? being a colossal easily pleased idiot, I can't help but cackle at 'horse ... therefore wheel?', 'try dashing through but hole', 'listen carefully, skeleton!' etc. in inappropriate places, but I don't have a good sense of the funy message laughs of bloodborne and its more complex message system, beyond 'reeks of wheelchair, no mercy for elderly'.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

what's the message system/culture like on bloodborne? being a colossal easily pleased idiot, I can't help but cackle at 'horse ... therefore wheel?', 'try dashing through but hole', 'listen carefully, skeleton!' etc. in inappropriate places, but I don't have a good sense of the funy message laughs of bloodborne and its more complex message system, beyond 'reeks of wheelchair, no mercy for elderly'.
if you put a message like "secret ahead, don't give up!" with the pointing gesture at a conspicuous wall you will get a lot of likes

Dec 26, 2012

Sharkopath posted:

i'm kind of sad all the magic stuff is super far in the game cause it seems neat from what I've been messing around with

theres at least one you can get immediately after blood-starved

a few items have arcane scaling too before that

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
is there a single illusion wall you can open by hitting it in this game?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

stoutfish posted:

is there a single illusion wall you can open by hitting it in this game?
only in chalices

shove me like you do
Dec 9, 2007

Real Neato

Fun Shoe

I have one that's right past a spike log pressure plate near a bonfire that is "oh I can't wait hee hee" with the clapping gesture that heals me fairly often (as the easiest way to read it involves stepping on the plate)

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
i just learned that chikage, kirkhammer, and ludwig's big sword can combo out of their sheathe transform from a neutral position (normal/no movement, no attacks) into a neat attack, and kirkhammer/bigsword can combo from the straight sword transform. very epic

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
the pewdiepie bloodborne vid is epic!

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

there's one level in a library where you cant reach a certain area on a balcony because a bookshelf is in the way. you could easily slide through it irl but because its a videogame you cant so there's about a dozen "no mercy for fatty" messages in that area.

also seen tons of messages saying there's treasure at the bottom of the elevators and a lot of gravestones right next to them.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

the scythe is so loving cool but i wish it didn't send me straight into NG+ with it

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

THE PENETRATOR posted:

i just learned that chikage, kirkhammer, and ludwig's big sword can combo out of their sheathe transform from a neutral position (normal/no movement, no attacks) into a neat attack, and kirkhammer/bigsword can combo from the straight sword transform. very epic

Every weapon has a transform attack if you transform in a combo or after dodging.

Dec 26, 2012

Nanomashoes posted:

Every weapon has a transform attack if you transform in a combo or after dodging.

i keep finding this out because i keep dying by pulling one out accidentally

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Nanomashoes posted:

i know that but that's not what i'm talking about, read what i wrote you freaking idiot!!!

you transform and then attack during the animation while you're sheathing the sword... without doing any other attack
it's different from the combo transform, or the dodge transform, and only exists on those weapons. gently caress u

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

THE PENETRATOR posted:

i know that but that's not what i'm talking about, read what i wrote you freaking idiot!!!

you transform and then attack during the animation while you're sheathing the sword... without doing any other attack
it's different from the combo transform, or the dodge transform, and only exists on those weapons. gently caress u

woah calm down zaphod

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Yeah I try to include transformation attacks into all my combos because of that. Like the Kirkhammer, you can do a two handed sword swing that only comes out of you hit attack right after transforming, or a thrust with the hammer head after attaching it.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

CharlestonJew posted:

woah calm down zaphod

im mad... im angry!!!!!!!!

Dec 26, 2012

THE PENETRATOR posted:

sweet. the axe has one too

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
epic
i tried every weapon except the axe and the gun swords... big mistake

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I started with the axe and its still the only weapon I use. It's too strong.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

next run I want to try a dexterity and bloodtinge build with the whip to start though.

Dec 26, 2012

the cane is rough going to start with compared to the other stuff you get early, but later on it's pretty great

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
the cane is perfectly fine when it's not your fist time playing.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
all the cane has going for it early is epic r2s in whip form

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

THE PENETRATOR posted:

Yeah. I dropped it for the Ludwig sword asap.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

THE PENETRATOR posted:

the whip to cane transform attack is real good too, it's kind of bad for bosses until you upgrade it but crowd control is sick from the start

Dec 26, 2012

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Yeah. I dropped it for the Ludwig sword asap.

ludwig sword is definitely the claymore of the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

The scythe is absolutely disgusting against other hunters because the 2h swings still catch them if they roll to the side