Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Sexpansion posted:

Also, it was just Samsung, but:

1. I think T0m is better than Bengi
2. Easyhoon might be really, really good in this meta. Like scary good. Probably not better than Faker, but good enough to be a premier midlaner on any pro team.
3. Marin making GBS threads on cuvee over and over was hilarious.

Korea has been a lot less interesting lately because it's been one after another ridiculous stomps but the SKT games I still look forward to because they are innovating like crazy and are actually making thoughtful substitutions game-to-game and series-to-series.

Bengi's still probably the best Nunu in the world (in my opinion), but I agree that Tom has done his other picks and they have worked out better with SKT than Bengi has most of the season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
http://www.dailydot.com/esports/rekkles-tabzz-elements/

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
A weird, surprisingly dark article from ESEX about CLG

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

I felt like I knew this was coming when they brought back Tabzz as a "substitute". You don't ever bring in a sub on an under-performing team unless you have designs about possibly replacing them. Furthermore Rekkles has insane mechanics but it is very clear that he doesn't fit on the Elements roster at all. I don't know what it is but that team just does not work.

If I was Roccat I'd be blowing up Rekkles right now asking him to join. He and Vander would be a great pairing and it would be like a mile high step up from Woolite.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Libertine posted:

If I was Roccat I'd be blowing up Rekkles right now asking him to join. He and Vander would be a great pairing and it would be like a mile high step up from Woolite.

I think it's a perfect fit, and Roccat would be so much better with rekkles. There was a time when I thought rekkles was the best ADC in the west, but I'm not sure what to think of him after this split. Most likely, he's still really good and just couldn't overcome Elements' many, many team deficiencies.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

I love it

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Rekkles to FNC would be crazy too. He can do his passive mechanical lane thing then just be an even better steeeellbackkk in teamfights.

FNC or ROC would make the most sense. CLG would be hilarious. Don't think SK makes sense as the article puts it. Where would Forgiven go after that?

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

FNC should keep Steelback in my opinion. You bring Rekkles back you just have a situation similar to the Tabzz situation where someone played really well and then you released them for Rekkles creating drama. Have to see how they do in playoffs as well, but Fnatic seems to me like the team most likely to win EU LCS this split.

I also don't know if it matters or not but I'm pretty sure Yellowstar hand-picked Steelback to be his lane partner when Fnatic re-did the roster and I doubt he'd want to split up with him.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Yellowstar built a great team, they did really well all season. Man he hit a jackpot with Huni (Who might be the top 5 strongest top laners in the world) and Reignover (Who's probably second in the world at Rengar only to DanDy

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Yeah I think FNC should keep Steeelback for now. I think he's playing fine for the team and doesn't need replacing.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
I would let Yellowstar do whatever he wants, but if I'm him there's no way I'm getting rid of steelback for rekkles.

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Apr 6, 2015

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Sexpansion posted:

I would let Yellowstar do whatever he wants, but if I'm him there's no way I'm getting rid of steelback for rekkles.

I dunno, Yellowstar & Rekkles worked well together & if Forgiven is to be believed Steelback is basically garbage.

edit: but i'm pretty sure steelback speaks french, which would maybe be a reason for FNC not to replace him.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
There's never been any clear instances of Steelback throwing games for FNC like you could bring up for ADC on other teams. I honestly have no idea where Forg1ven plans on going, because Cloud9 and TSM both have great AD Carries, FNC has a solid AD Carry, and every other top 3 team would be a downgrade except for possibly TiP

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Transient People posted:

Caveat: A whole bunch of those comments are *predictive*, not reactive. For example, he said 'I don't like this comp because if Karthus fails to get into position this Kog'maw just FUCKS YOU' in the pickban stage before anything happened in Game 2 and gave a breakdown of why he didn't like it. Similarly, his teamfight breakdowns were excellent. Monte takes an enormous poo poo on CLG (and now Gambit/UOL), but he always explains the why and how. He doesn't resort to lazy 'this is bad, this is also bad' chatter. He analyzes, and analyzes well.

IIRC the only comp he really liked was from the third game for CLG. The Comp from the second game was so bad that he said "Yeah, Xsmithie is missing his engages, but ultimately that's going to happen to even the best of players. CLG sucks not because Xsmithie is terrible on his own, but also because they have no other tools to actually start a fight."

Also, don't forget Aphro is a king on Morgana (In the spring series he pulled out a poo poo-you-not 21 KDA on Morg over three games) which makes it all the more confounding that they didn't toss him on that champ during that playoff series given Morg never went out of the meta. Instead they banned it out O.o

Related news
http://boards.pbe.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/general-pbe-feedback/FOhsMJB0-introducing-chroma-packs

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
i think steeeeeeeeeelback is pretty poo poo but gently caress rekkles, lol

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Even more baffling was that CLG was banning Morgana, one of their own best champions, for the entire series.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Scarra is not a good coach.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Note: Piglet was sent to the hospital for eye issues according to the Liquid twitter

https://twitter.com/TeamLiquidLoL

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA
If you guys like Monte's reviews you should really watch Rapidstar's: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfcDFXn2Fjs

He does more of a strict analysis type video, whereas Monte is giving a broader overview/impressions kind of video and tends to assume a certain level of knowledge on the behalf of his viewers (which coming from a guy with a good understanding of the game is still quite informative). I really enjoy Rapid's insight. He doesn't put out that many, but the few he has done have all been quite solid.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

AttackBacon posted:

If you guys like Monte's reviews you should really watch Rapidstar's: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfcDFXn2Fjs

He does more of a strict analysis type video, whereas Monte is giving a broader overview/impressions kind of video (which coming from a guy with a good understanding of the game is still quite informative). I really enjoy Rapid's insight. He doesn't put out that many, but the few he has done have all been quite solid.

Here is his text analysis of Game 1 & 2: https://rapidst4r.wordpress.com/2015/04/06/text-analysiseng-clg-vs-tl-2015-na-lcs-spring-playoff-game12/

I like his reviews a lot. He & monte are bringing the good content.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

Flameingblack posted:

There's never been any clear instances of Steelback throwing games for FNC like you could bring up for ADC on other teams. I honestly have no idea where Forg1ven plans on going, because Cloud9 and TSM both have great AD Carries, FNC has a solid AD Carry, and every other top 3 team would be a downgrade except for possibly TiP

My first thought was TiP too, especially given the way they play, but I don't know that they could bring him in anyway given the residency rules.

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

I have seen the light, and it is a string

Crazy Larry posted:

My first thought was TiP too, especially given the way they play, but I don't know that they could bring him in anyway given the residency rules.

TIP is maxed out on non-NA players with Rush and Impact, yeah.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

I don't think Rekkles will leave Europe.

I don't think Forgiven will either (or leave SK).

Another possibility might depend on how CS plays out. If LLL/CWA qualifies they could pick up Rekkles because I've heard they've already had issues with their ADC but I have really no opinion at all on his quality.

I think any of those moves would be prestige steps down for Rekkles but he played really badly in spring split and I don't think any of the top teams will take flyers on him.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
I'm not sure if this has been posted yet, but Thoorin did a pretty interesting video on Incarnation to Cloud9: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3z_-mwCVeY

Edit: lol this video has some peak Thoorin hilarity but it's not bad.

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Apr 6, 2015

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
Incarnation: now I know why it is that you sometimes don't own noobs.
Riot: crying
Incarnation: but it is something that I can never do.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/LustboyLoL/status/585182362541109251

Lustboy :allears:

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Sexpansion posted:

Scarra is not a good coach.

scarra coached Dig into knocking CLG into relegation last split.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Libertine posted:

I don't think Rekkles will leave Europe.

I don't think Forgiven will either (or leave SK).

Another possibility might depend on how CS plays out. If LLL/CWA qualifies they could pick up Rekkles because I've heard they've already had issues with their ADC but I have really no opinion at all on his quality.

I think any of those moves would be prestige steps down for Rekkles but he played really badly in spring split and I don't think any of the top teams will take flyers on him.

I think Rekkles is still one of the better ADCs in either LCS region, but aside from Elements other issues his style really did not fit well on them. He plays rather conservatively/safe which I don't think is what Elements needs out of an ADC of Rekkles's level since they already have solo laners who would rather play safe and farm. Sneaky and Forgiven I think are the only NA/EU adcs who can both play safe and farm up without dying or go full aggression and if you don't have one of those two you kind of need to decide which playstyle your team needs more.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Hypocrisy posted:

scarra coached Dig into knocking CLG into relegation last split.
CLG probably knocked themselves into relegation tbh

Lovechop posted:

i think steeeeeeeeeelback is pretty poo poo but gently caress rekkles, lol

https://twitter.com/FORG1VENGRE/status/585149553806028800

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Apr 6, 2015

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Steel-Star was one of the best botlanes this split, I don't see Fnatic taking Rekkles back for anything.

Tabbz going back to Elements, I can understand. I wonder if Krepo's going to continue playing for them, though. He seems to be better than he was on EG at least.

I actually agree with Thorin (scary) about the Hai vs Incarnation thing with a caveat, that they may just be looking to use Incarnation as a sub if Hai really does need surgery on his wrists and that takes him out of professional play for a significant amount of time. Hai would definitely plan ahead on something like that.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Hilarious. Given how hard he poo poo on steelback during Summoning Insight I have a feeling he doesn't want FNC to upgrade at ADC. His main critique is that Steelback has no idea what hes doing in lane, so FNC tends to just put him on Corki/Graves so he can wave clear while Yellowstar goes & roams somewhere ganking.

Edit: He also wasn't complimentary of Rekkles either. That whole SI was gold, Forgiven definitely made it watchable.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
I'm watching the first game of UOL - Gambit and I have no idea what is going on. This game is a nuanced argument against considering human beings rational actors. It's loving insane.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Sexpansion posted:

I'm watching the first game of UOL - Gambit and I have no idea what is going on. This game is a nuanced argument against considering human beings rational actors. It's loving insane.

Don't worry it gets more sane :mmmhmm:

Mr. Sickos
May 22, 2011

Rekkles jumped off Fnatic as soon as he got the chance, and spent only two weeks in the Alliance roster before publicly complaining about his own team. Why would Fnatic want him back at all, when their current roster is working out great, and is apparently pretty drama free?

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-xi-W-lGO0

If it doesn't work, go to 2:26. The Aphromoves :v:

Chairman Wao
Mar 5, 2013

go star
I feel like Xmithie could've used this top notch Sejuani guide I made like a month ago this weekend.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Just build your own super team and collapse in the promotion tournament like a proper League of Legends player Rekkles.

I think NiP might be willing to sponsor you.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Sounds like Sneaky is going to have an upcoming "surgery" as well as Hai...

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I made a post in the fantasy thread about Alpha Draft, which people might find a little more appealing and fair than the regular LCS Fantasy Leagues (Since everyone can draft all players rather than relying on the same pool). It has third-party ran money leagues too, so if we can get a couple people interested in it, we can run a Spring International Invitational set up a a test-run before Summer 2015 Split.

rabidsquid posted:

Sounds like Sneaky is going to have an upcoming "surgery" as well as Hai...
Replacing Sneaky is a lateral at best, he's just as good as Forg1ven but his team isn't quite at his level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

You know, I've got a funny feeling I've seen this all before.

Calax posted:

IIRC the only comp he really liked was from the third game for CLG. The Comp from the second game was so bad that he said "Yeah, Xsmithie is missing his engages, but ultimately that's going to happen to even the best of players. CLG sucks not because Xsmithie is terrible on his own, but also because they have no other tools to actually start a fight."

The best part was when he got his hopes up from a decent P/B and early game in the third game, and then CLG dies for no reason in all 3 lanes and he just stops analysing for a while in awe of how terrible they are.

• Locked thread