Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

G65 AMG at the inspection station today.

Well that sure is a V12 Wrangler

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Powershift posted:

It's you guys. You're the terrible car stuff.

This needs a second set of lights in the bonnet vent.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Toyota has completely lost it.

I think by 2018 the front of every Lexus and Toyota is going to be 100% grille.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

xzzy posted:

....that is absolutely ugggglllyyyy

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

xzzy posted:

The only way a grille that big is acceptable is if there's a J79 behind it.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

MrYenko posted:

The only way a grille that big is acceptable is if there's a J79 behind it.

Or a Marshall head unit stuck to the top, but nope, it's a hybrid.

As near as I can tell it's just a Prius C with a Yaris themed skin.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

The big grill works with angular lines shaping it to give an aggressive look (see: Ford and Aston Martin). It falls apart the second you try to curve the edges, it looked horrible on the Bugatti so it drives me crazy that Toyota keeps trying, I honestly have no clue what look they're going for.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

It's only cool if there's a massive intercooler mounted behind it. But there isn't. So it looks poo poo. Cheaper than actually using materials to span the void though eh?

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^
I went C in my car. :colbert:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

88h88 posted:

It's only cool if there's a massive intercooler mounted behind it. But there isn't. So it looks poo poo. Cheaper than actually using materials to span the void though eh?

It's really the exact opposite. While grilles are visibly getting larger, functionally they're getting smaller for aerodynamic reasons.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Late to driving shitboxes fast party but,

the most terrifying experience was test driving a car for a man who decided to come in for an alignment after doing some suspension work to his Cadillac at home. IE poorly fitting struts and shocks he had found in a junk yard and forgetting to put stabilizer links back on. He had the trust angle so weird and his caster was so off that the mighty Brougham sedan actually felt like a boat as it bobbled down the freeway. At 60 i was sawing at the wheel to keep her sort of in my lane as she would randomly careen and lurch out of control like we were taking on waves. You had to be constantly balancing her massive weight as she would tip side to side and diagonally all at the same time. After taking her to the next exit and back, I swear to you I felt like you do after getting off a boat youve been on all day. LIke your bobbing along in the waves. The customer stated "Yea goin bout a hundred, I could barley control it!" :stare:

Preoptopus fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Apr 6, 2015

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Powershift posted:

It's really the exact opposite. While grilles are visibly getting larger, functionally they're getting smaller for aerodynamic reasons.

That's mildly disappointing. Easily solved though should you desire.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

88h88 posted:

That's mildly disappointing. Easily solved though should you desire.

"solving" it would likely make your car slower, and possibly cost you a horsepower or two.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Powershift posted:

I actually really like how the new Mustang looks. I really dig that styling for some reason.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I'll state again that of all of the cars I've owned, some of which are fairly nice, our slow, stripper model Fiat 500 Pop MT is probably the most fun car to drive. It's a shame that it's been driven once in the last year.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

T1g4h posted:

I actually really like how the new Mustang looks. I really dig that styling for some reason.

It is a fine looking car, but it is pretty terrible how much of modern styling is a non-functional homage to earlier cars. Everything about those fog light recesses are stolen from recent Lamborghinis, but serve no purpose because the whole assembly is sealed.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Powershift posted:

"solving" it would likely make your car slower, and possibly cost you a horsepower or two.

My favourite cars are kei cars, an excess of horsepower isn't something I'm obsessed about :3:

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep

Powershift posted:

My Audi has the trademark gaping maw but at least for my model it does seem to be there for flow over the inter cooler and rad

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Gotta suck to have these kids

huge http://i.imgur.com/VHUCySf.jpg

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

FogHelmut posted:

The neighborhood kids once wrote "DAVE" on the hood of my (parents') brown/tan '98 Malibu in chalk, which scratched it a bit so it was visible if you looked at it right. Not a huge deal though, the '98 Malibu was already terrible car stuff.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

FogHelmut posted:

I wonder how long it would take to pay off a little detailing with a $5/wk allowance.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

FogHelmut posted:

Once we have kids, we won't have nice vehicles until they're old enough not to do poo poo like that.
Our family car had so many dings/dents/etc - if you have kids, you gotta accept it. Still would suck to find that though :P

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Our kids don't destroy our cars. The worst we can expect is a spilled diet coke from time to time if the kids take a drink home from a restaurant. I can't even imagine one of my kids deliberately scratching something into our car door. Jesus.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

eyebeem posted:

Our kids don't destroy our cars. The worst we can expect is a spilled diet coke from time to time if the kids take a drink home from a restaurant. I can't even imagine one of my kids deliberately scratching something into our car door. Jesus.

This is going to come across as judgement but it's really just curiosity. Your kids drink diet coke?

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

GutBomb posted:

This is going to come across as judgement but it's really just curiosity. Your kids drink diet coke?

His kids ride in a $1200 stroller. What do you think?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
No picture because I'm not at home, but my fiancee just called me and told me that somebody threw eggshells (can't figure out if it's real egg or plastic eggs, she was pretty hysterical) filled with paint all over her street-parked white Ford Explorer. She did say that there was actual egg all over it, too.

She doesn't work on the weekends, and is a pretty big introvert, so she has no clue as to when it happened. Could have been this morning, could have been Friday night.

I know it's just some vandalism, but I'm pretty pissed and wish I could be at home right now for no reason other than to sit in the back porch with a pistol or something. I've had my poo poo vandalized before (broken window and stolen identity information a few months ago on the Beetle, for instance) but not being there makes everything worse.

And before you get on my about how it's "just a rusty 1998 explorer," I take care of my poo poo and the paint was the best part of that damned suv.

f_c_
Oct 27, 2007

If my kids touched the Bentley I would have their nurse maid lashed to the slave stick and the whipping boy would have a busy day indeed as well.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Preoptopus posted:

And they are listening to thrift shop lol

I got a big ol' flat
Only got 20 dollars in my pocket
I'm huntin', lookin' for some rubber
This is rea-lly awk-ward

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Geirskogul posted:

I'm pretty pissed and wish I could be at home right now for no reason other than to sit in the back porch with a pistol or something.

This is a rational response to petty vandalism.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

`Nemesis posted:

drat straight.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

`Nemesis posted:

Certainly is! My stuff is my stuff. It's important to me, someone else's lovely kids aren't. gently caress 'em.

Twistershift
Feb 7, 2007

InitialDave posted:

Certainly is! My stuff is my stuff. It's important to me, someone else's lovely kids aren't. gently caress 'em.

Death penalties for everyone!

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

GutBomb posted:

Better than regular coke, which I don't let them drink. I drink way too much diet soda myself, but I prefer it to regular.

My kids are 12 and 6, excluding the 5 month old that is too young to do much damage to a car. Are you asking because it's odd for kids to drink diet, or I'm a terrible parent for letting my kids drink soda of any kind?

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
These are both excellent, worthwhile discussions that definitely need to happen in the terrible car stuff thread :rolleyes:

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Twistershift posted:

Death penalties for everyone!
Everyone else, thank you very much.
I feel a sudden desire to visit St. Louis.

InitialDave fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Apr 6, 2015

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Terrible Robot posted:

These are both excellent, worthwhile discussions that definitely need to happen in the terrible car stuff thread :rolleyes:

It's like he couldn't decide if he wanted a Corvette, or a hovercraft.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

MrYenko posted:

It's like he couldn't decide if he wanted a Corvette, or a hovercraft.

Or a mop bucket

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

MrYenko posted:

It's like he couldn't decide if he wanted a Corvette, or a Mk4 Supra.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

eyebeem posted:

Better than regular coke, which I don't let them drink. I drink way too much diet soda myself, but I prefer it to regular.

My kids are 12 and 6, excluding the 5 month old that is too young to do much damage to a car. Are you asking because it's odd for kids to drink diet, or I'm a terrible parent for letting my kids drink soda of any kind?

Just because I've never heard of kids drinking diet soda.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Kinda wish my parents had bought diet soda instead of regular soda and full-on kool-aid (two loving cups of sugar, bitch) while I was growing up.