Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Adam Bowen posted:

Goodbye princess peach, apparently I really butthurt someone today and they bought this

I think they want you banned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qO0Pk1fy3Xo

Cloudbuilt is great.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Have a magical morning, shitlords! I have to go to the DMV. :ohdear:

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
the first monday morning of the month is probably one of the worst possible times to go to the dmv

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Zombies' Downfall posted:

the first monday morning of the month is probably one of the worst possible times to go to the dmv

It's actually the end of the month that's the worst, in my experience working for an insurance agency and being The Guy Who Had to Go to the RMV (which is what we call it in MA)

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

it's monday regardless of the status of the DMV, and i hate everything

e: except for games

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Mondays are okay in Harvest Moon, but not so good for life, as I am already bleeding from all my fingers from paper cuts, for having to make many many copies of things for a meeting.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Bicyclops posted:

Mondays are okay in Harvest Moon, but not so good for life, as I am already bleeding from all my fingers from paper cuts, for having to make many many copies of things for a meeting.

I find that juicing lemons by hand helps with those paper cuts.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I prefer to just walk around bleeding and upsetting everyone in my office.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

[menstruation joke here]

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Bicyclops posted:

Oh man. Just put your bloody hands on everything. Lean on people's desks/walls. Handle their paperwork.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Stux posted:

being nice owns

gently caress you idiot

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

bloodychill posted:

The problem with stux is he'll write a good post from time to time and people will point it out and he'll get encouraged

there is not a single good thing about Stux

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

[menstruation joke here]

[your mom]

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I read an old thread from 2014 and Stux had readable, sensible posts in it. hosed up.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The DMV is not nearly as fun as Papers, Please but was remarkably similar

First try: "I've got everything here, just need my new license"
"Did you bring your birth certificate?"

Second try: "OK, I've got everything here, plus my birth certificate"
"Did she give you a form before? No? You have to fill out this form and then we'll call your number"

[wait for 20 minutes while people who walked in and just got in line get called ahead of me]

Third try: "OK, I've got everything here, plus my birth certificate, PLUS THIS FORM, ARE WE DONE YET"
"Let me take your picture..."
[someone walks in front of the camera as it clicks]
"Let's try that again"
[click]
"Hmm, it's blurry, take off your glasses and let's do it again"

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
When I was 16 and trying to get a learner's permit, the DMV made me sit in several different lines for 5 hours only to end up at a computer that gave me a 10 question multiple choice quiz.

The DMV was one of those things I always thought adults exaggerated the terribleness of but then no, it really is that hosed up and incompetent.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Ive never had a problem at the DMV, and my visits never last more than an hour even on bad days.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Meme Emulator posted:

Ive never had a problem at the DMV, and my visits never last more than an hour even on bad days.

yeah same. longest i've been there was two hours and that was on the friday before memorial day

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
You can't really compare DMVs across counties much less states, but from my experience your best bet is to go the DMV in the nicest part of town you can.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
I spent 3 hours in a time warner store, once

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Pro-tip: bring your mobile phone or handheld gaming device and a pair of headphones to enjoy some quality gaming time if you have to wait. Just be sure that you can hear or see your number being called.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Bicyclops posted:

Pro-tip: bring your mobile phone or handheld gaming device and a pair of headphones to enjoy some quality gaming time if you have to wait. Just be sure that you can hear or see your number being called.

this. also not just the nicest part of town but the most remote if possible.

i too did the three dance sally when trying to get a license in texas transfer because they wanted birth certificate, social security card, a copy of my old license (no photocopies) and on the last visit when they finally did the deed, the guy who did it was pissed about it and pissed at me and pissed at the lady who put me in line because she was able to look up info in the last state i lived in to make the process smoother so that it wouldn't become a four dance sally. basically the guy was pissed that he had to do work. he actually knocked a bunch of poo poo on his desk over. gently caress the dmv

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

zen death robot posted:

I went to the DMV on the last day of the month and was done with my business there in about 15 minutes.
that's a long dump

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

zen death robot posted:

I don't think they have public restrooms there
that's a long dump

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
You really can't determine it by "nicest" or "most remote", the reality is that the service areas of the DMV like all government offices are hosed up and retarded most places and make no sense because they were placed somewhat arbitrarily decades ago, and the wait time at your DMV will mostly depend on how many customers they serve and how competent the people who work there are

There's definitely a good DMV and a bad DMV about the same driving distance from me tho basically all you can do is ask people you know who've been to multiple places what the good one is and avoid going on bad days (at the very least Monday, when everybody who needed or remembered service on the weekend goes, and Friday, when people who work all week or think "oh gently caress I need to do this before the weekend" goes)

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
When I was 16, I went to go get my permit. I brought my social security card and my birth certificate. A lady looked over my stuff and sent me into the next room to another guy. He looked over my stuff and asked to see my ID.

I told him, "I'm here to get some ID. :confused:"

I had to stand there and argue with him that the documents I just handed him were, in fact, mine. I was 16 at the time. Kentucky doesn't do state IDs. I have no idea what the hell he wanted me to give him.

He got so pissed when I took the test.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Who red texted Adam Bowen, his old avatar was much better.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

How Rude posted:

Who red texted Adam Bowen, his old avatar was much better.
The only person who cares about Adam Bowen posting Rick Astley links is Adam Bowen, so I'm guessing Adam Bowen bought the title for Adam Bowen. It's a Roger a Muirebe situation.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

FactsAreUseless posted:

The only person who cares about Adam Bowen posting Rick Astley links is Adam Bowen, so I'm guessing Adam Bowen bought the title for Adam Bowen. It's a Roger a Muirebe situation.

your humble shitposter Adam Bowen

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

quote:

Hmm. Definitely my poo poo.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Zombies' Downfall posted:

Hmm. Definitely my poo poo.

i felt like a bit of a change :>

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
who is adam bowen. tried to think of an adam bowen post and literally couldnt remember one.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

corn in the bible posted:

who is adam bowen. tried to think of an adam bowen post and literally couldnt remember one.

op of this thread

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
If anyone is thinking of posting that freaking Atlas Shrugged thing... don't. I'll hammer ya

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

corn in the bible posted:

i don't know where he posted prior to his arrival in the gamers.txt thread, but he provoked people into arguing about social justice and feminism instead of "funny poo poo gamers say" and derailed every consecutive thread until the mods just deep-six'd it. although to be fair, he was laying really dumb, easy bait and getting a ton of bites. if people had just ignored him, things might have been different

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Amiibo people are insane and are worse than the DOTA Lords.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I asked for a bunch of Amiibo for Christmas and my birthday and also bought one when I was traveling for my honeymoon. I keep thinking of buying more, but then I look at my spreadsheets on which I track my money and decide maybe not now. If Zelda is still readily available later on I'll probably buy her, and also maybe Ganondorf, but they probably will be limited.

I guess it is kind of a bummer that it became a weird, second-hand collectors market because probably the children who wanted the toys lost out, and that is sad.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Amiibo people are worse than bronies because atleast you can find the toys at stores months from now and they have supply ready and waiting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

E:

• Locked thread