Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RUM HAM
Sep 25, 2009

More Goons should keep coming back to this game. It's so much better than at launch. I'm pretty much in love with it and wish I had more time to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Monohydrate posted:

Siege weapons are unbound unless they've changed that recently. I'd always deposit whatever I had leftover if I wasn't going to pvp for a while.

Wonder how much they go for usually? Could be a decent way to make money and PvP at the same time.

RUM HAM
Sep 25, 2009

Berke Negri posted:

Wonder how much they go for usually? Could be a decent way to make money and PvP at the same time.

They're really easy to get. Don't know if you are able to sell them in a guild shop either.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

I think he means selling the new dark anchor ones, who knows if there will be a market for that or not.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Possibly. Hopefully this means that they're getting ready to drop the Imperial City DLC on us already, giving people on the fence about ESO Plus a reason to sub in.

Snayke
Mar 5, 2009
Just made my character today. Made a Dunmer by the name of Snaykei. So I suppose a invite to the EP guild is in order? Wouldn't mind joining the crafting guild too.

EDIT: Haha first thing in chat when I enter the main game after tutorial is "Notice me senpai".

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Does anyone use the master Merchant addon? It seems really cool, but its doing something where it spams the chat with some debug stuff and its getting me kicked for spam 10 seconds after logging in.

Snayke posted:

Just made my character today. Made a Dunmer by the name of Snaykei. So I suppose a invite to the EP guild is in order? Wouldn't mind joining the crafting guild too.

EDIT: Haha first thing in chat when I enter the main game after tutorial is "Notice me senpai".
Post your account name and password, adding people via character names is often wonky.

eSporks fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Apr 7, 2015

Snayke
Mar 5, 2009

eSporks posted:

Does anyone use the master Merchant addon? It seems really cool, but its doing something where it spams the chat with some debug stuff and its getting me kicked for spam 10 seconds after logging in.

Post your account name [spoilers]and password[/spoilers], adding people via character names is often wonky.

Luckily they are one in the same. Also is using stolen items a good idea? 1 minute after the tutorial ended, I started playing this like I play normal TES and pilfering everything in sight.

EDIT: Scratch that, just discovered the launder option.

Snayke fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Apr 7, 2015

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Yeah, make sure to launder any gear you steal you'd like to use. Otherwise if you ever get nicked while out in the town by guards they'll leave you naked and without gold in the streets. Maybe dead too.

Snayke
Mar 5, 2009
Also, as long as it says hidden, I'm all sweet to steal items in the open yeah?

Sorvah
Dec 1, 2014
If anyone is paying attention from the EU guild by the way...@shikasama

I'm a Lizard.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Snayke posted:

Also, as long as it says hidden, I'm all sweet to steal items in the open yeah?
As long as it says hidden and your character is darkened, you can freely pilfer stuff.

Berke Negri posted:

Yeah, make sure to launder any gear you steal you'd like to use. Otherwise if you ever get nicked while out in the town by guards they'll leave you naked and without gold in the streets. Maybe dead too.
That is, unless you want to go for the achievement, in which case you'll need to wear all stolen armor and weapons and then have a guard confiscate it. :v:

NuckmasterJ
Aug 9, 2008
Grimey Drawer

eSporks posted:

You probably don't want to do this. A VPN is going to significantly increase latency, which might not matter for Netflix but will be horrible for gaming.

Who wants to go grind some cyrodil anchors? I still think they are doing this rear end backwards, encouraging PVPers to PVE rather than PVEers to go to cyrodil.

Ah ok. I did not know that.I figured out a quick work around anyways. As long as I'm already watching the movie on Netflix I can turn off the VPN and load up ESO. Netflix isn't the wiser that my VPN is off until I refresh the website.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Are those addons in the OP updated to Tamriel Unlimited yet? Fairly recently I tried to activate Research Assistant, and it gave broken lua scipt for about every trait/item.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

I use this: http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info265-AIResearchGrid.html

alongside this: http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info436-HarvensTraitandStyle.html

to help with research.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

GuyUpNorth posted:

Are those addons in the OP updated to Tamriel Unlimited yet? Fairly recently I tried to activate Research Assistant, and it gave broken lua scipt for about every trait/item.

Pretty sure those are all updated.

DARPA
Apr 24, 2005
We know what happens to people who stay in the middle of the road. They get run over.
If you arne't enjoying your first character start a new one. I was playing a Nord Sorcerer and got bogged down at lvl 10. Rerolled a Wood Elf Nightblade and I'm having way more fun. I can't tell if it's a combination of starting in Daggerfall, or the class but who cares. I even feel like I'm leveling faster.

I think Dagger might also have fewer random side quests? Could be I'm less distracted by quests that end up giving very little xp or gold.

Snayke
Mar 5, 2009

DARPA posted:

If you arne't enjoying your first character start a new one. I was playing a Nord Sorcerer and got bogged down at lvl 10. Rerolled a Wood Elf Nightblade and I'm having way more fun. I can't tell if it's a combination of starting in Daggerfall, or the class but who cares. I even feel like I'm leveling faster.

I think Dagger might also have fewer random side quests? Could be I'm less distracted by quests that end up giving very little xp or gold.

Should have rolled Dunmer and played with me. :colbert:

RUM HAM
Sep 25, 2009

GuyUpNorth posted:

If you are using Minion, it will auto update all of them.

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

eSporks posted:

I'm in a guild that focuses on pre vet PvP. These dudes do nothing but PvP from level 10-50 and then they re-roll.
One of them mentioned to self rezing on the spot doesn't cost soul gems until level 6, so at level 3 he will just hit all the zones in his faction grabbing shards. When he dies he just rezes and gets a little closer.
Most of what's going to hold you back in pre-vet is the passives though. Your stats all scale so equipment or level isn't a huge deal, but the passives provide pretty big bonuses.

I don't know much about this game but how does this work? Can you reliably earn enough XP from PvP or exploration to get to max level without grinding or quests? My brother really wants me to get into this game but I can't p!at an MMO unless I can start pvping at low levels

NuckmasterJ
Aug 9, 2008
Grimey Drawer

Jesustheastronaut! posted:

I don't know much about this game but how does this work? Can you reliably earn enough XP from PvP or exploration to get to max level without grinding or quests? My brother really wants me to get into this game but I can't p!at an MMO unless I can start pvping at low levels

Sort of. You can go (*to the non Veteran Rank pvp*) at level 10. Once inside you have access to various quests for pvp, plus some NPC quests scattered about. In recent patches Experience gains have been increase for PVE quests in Cyrodil to try and entice more people to quest in the zone. You get regular XP from all PVP tasks but it will be much slower then doing quests.

Passive abilities make the character, so if you go in at 10 with diddle all Skills your more or less fodder running in zergs hoping to siphon xp off others. Just LFG in zone chat and find a castle to defend. Buy wall and door repair kits and repair stuff after the siege is done. Do not follow the zerg out into the fields to try and kill the enemy as once the siege is lifted the server begins to tally up points. If your defending the keep with 50 people and 50 enemies die before the siege is broken and everyone leaves the castle the Experience and Alliance Points are tallied base on who is inside the castle and defended against 50 people. If the mindless zerglings have rushed off to run through the fields for a few cheap kills that leaves little old you racking up AP and XP from repairing walls PLUS defending the keep against 50 players theoretically by yourself.

* Non Veteran Rank means no one above level 50. Trying to fight against a VR player is ludicrous.

Snakedance
Feb 15, 2007

The life of a repo man is ALWAYS intense.
Can I get an invite to the EP guild? I'm in Jute Suit Riot, but it's pretty dead...

My character name is my SA name...

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Created a new char to try this out, could I get invites to @subjunctive?

RayBradberry
Nov 4, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Jesustheastronaut! posted:

you can start pvping at level 10 and never have to pve again, if you so desire. you get boosted to level 50 or whatever in the PVP area. you will still be weaker than most of the other people due to missing skills/passives, but most of the fighting is done in groups, so it's not that big of a deal.

Xexre
Jan 26, 2010

Elder Brother, you're so dreamy
:allears:

Well, something fantastic happened last night that caused the creation of my first new chat tab.

Upon joining this wondrous new guild, one of the leaders immediately stood up and made me feel welcome in as many ways as possible.

It's worth noting that about 6 people joined right after I did; an advertisement call was going out in Mournhold. One particular member was more than ready to share their experiences with this new community.

(Yes, all three of those last captures were from the same person.)

10 minutes of membership and already I'm feeling right at home.

NuckmasterJ
Aug 9, 2008
Grimey Drawer
So I'm having a strange problem. Every time i go to start ESO it is telling me it cant identify my version and I have to repair, which takes a solid 10 minutes. This is only since the last patch too.

Also, person above me. You should go make a Fetlife account and see who is running the show. :d:D:D

NuckmasterJ fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Apr 7, 2015

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

NuckmasterJ posted:

So I'm having a strange problem. Every time i go to start ESO it is telling me it cant identify my version and I have to repair, which takes a solid 10 minutes. This is only since the last patch too.

I was having this last night, I think something is messed up on ZOS's end, just hit play before the warning pops up and everything should work, if you can.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

There's an entry in their support knowledge base telling you how to download the patch manifest file manually and put it in place. Phoneposting or I'd link it.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Sky Shadowing posted:

I was having this last night, I think something is messed up on ZOS's end, just hit play before the warning pops up and everything should work, if you can.

Had this happen to me after one of the hotfixes for 1.6 a couple of weeks ago, though it stopped after doing it after a couple of times.

DARPA
Apr 24, 2005
We know what happens to people who stay in the middle of the road. They get run over.

Snayke posted:

Should have rolled Dunmer and played with me. :colbert:

Sorry, I didn't know. You should post a personal ad looking for companionship.

NuckmasterJ posted:

Also, person above me. You should go make a Fetlife account and see who is running the show. :d:D:D

I had the same issue from the last patch. Right clicked the launcher shortcut and chose Run as Administrator and it worked. Got the information from https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6486

quote:

If the problem persists, players should run the launcher as an Administrator before attempting to repair the game client. They can do so by following the process below:

Running as Administrator

Right click on the launcher icon.
Select Properties.
Click on the Compatibility Tab.
Check the box that says Run as Administrator.
Click Apply and Ok.
Run the game.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

Just rolled myself an Imperial for Ebonheart, not sure what to make of the game yet- haven't been into an MMO since Age of Wushu.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Xexre posted:

Well, something fantastic happened last night that caused the creation of my first new chat tab.

Upon joining this wondrous new guild, one of the leaders immediately stood up and made me feel welcome in as many ways as possible.

It's worth noting that about 6 people joined right after I did; an advertisement call was going out in Mournhold. One particular member was more than ready to share their experiences with this new community.

(Yes, all three of those last captures were from the same person.)

10 minutes of membership and already I'm feeling right at home.
You need to just quote and/or talk about 50 shades of gray constantly.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Here's the page with the instructions on getting the manifest by hand, which worked for me last night.

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22414

Wet Fifty
Dec 6, 2005

Greetings from the inner-
city, high-humidity, ass
and titty bar.
I guess it's my turn to be that guy. Is this game worth picking up? I played it a bit in the beta, but it never seemed worth getting then.

Owlkill
Jul 1, 2009
Can I have an EP guild invite please? Username is @eajmartin

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Worth it, but your opinion may vary on base price or some GMG discount.

NuckmasterJ
Aug 9, 2008
Grimey Drawer

Wet Fifty posted:

I guess it's my turn to be that guy. Is this game worth picking up? I played it a bit in the beta, but it never seemed worth getting then.

You can play it like a single player Elder Scrolls game. If your in the goon guilds you can get help from us for the 4 man dungeons to get the skill points from completing them and A lot of quests have good to great writing and the choices you get to make are neat. No matter what faction you start with when you finish with your faction at level 50, you can start Veteran Ranks which start off in another factions zone and then work your way through all their quests.

Or you can play it like a regular MMO and get together with some dudes and crush dungeons, then go to Cyrodil and shoot flaming spikes at dudes with siege equipment.

You will have enough skill points for most of the crafting professions so you can make yourself into a little crafting god and join a Trade Guild that has a guild store to pimp your wares in order to become the most powerful lizardman in the world.

NuckmasterJ fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Apr 7, 2015

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Honestly the only profession that seems to be worth a drat in terms of making money is Alchemy. Tri-pots (Restore Health/Stamina/Magicka) are always in demand and a stack of 100 sells for 10k minimum. If you've got Alchemy maxed out so you get Chemistry 3, that would only require you to get 25 Cloud Mist, Columbine, Bugloss, and Mountain Flower to make a stack of 100. The other two big sellers are Weapon Power/Crit potions (Blessed Thistle + Dragonthorn + Wormwood) and Spell Power/Crit potions (Corn Flower + Lady's Smock + Water Hyacinth).

Aside from that, you can usually make moderate amounts of money by being a mail-order crafting service (particularly with item sets and styles) or by making legendary-level enchantment Glyphs.

Ridinspinnaz
Jan 29, 2009

GuyUpNorth posted:

Worth it, but your opinion may vary on base price or some GMG discount.

http://www.cjs-cdkeys.com/products/The-Elder-Scrolls-Online%3A-Tamriel-Unlimited-CD-Key-%28Digital-Download%29.html?setCurrencyId=2

40 boners on cjs keys (I bought three keys off them back when they had them for $15 per pre-B2P) and you can get the explorers pack for like $4 as well which is totally worth it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Graphics
Jun 9, 2003

Would love an invite to the EP guild on NA: @brflickinger

• Locked thread