Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
this game is fun imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
About a month until the new CoD teaser and the hype train can start once again. Regarding the next CoD, apparently someone broke NDA and said "I hope you like boost jumps." This is from Thunder, the Youtuber, so take it with a grain of salt I guess.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Javes posted:

About a month until the new CoD teaser and the hype train can start once again. Regarding the next CoD, apparently someone broke NDA and said "I hope you like boost jumps." This is from Thunder, the Youtuber, so take it with a grain of salt I guess.

History of bad rumors? I really want that World War II rumor to be true, but I know the chances are very small.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
I do like the boost jumping and stuff because shooting people out of the air is hilarious

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009
I hope it's just black ops 2 but they call it black ops 3.

Quabzor
Oct 17, 2010

My whole life just flashed before my eyes! Dude, I sleep a lot.
Ww2 alternate reality with boost jumping and laser weapons.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Quabzor posted:

Ww2 alternate reality with boost jumping and laser weapons.

worth it if i can get a garand

Quabzor
Oct 17, 2010

Fetus Tree posted:

worth it if i can get a garand

Only if you have to shoot all of the bullets before reloading it.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Javes posted:

Oh man oh man, I can't wait for the new one! :shepspends:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Yo I like this game can you fucks be consistent on PS4 or what

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Over the weekend is when I played the most because it was the first weekend in a while where I wasn't crazy busy. :(

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Move to the East coast; I can only stay up until three in the morning so many times! :argh:

( :corsair: )

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Totally love the boost jumps, and it's about time someone moved the shooters in the right direction. I'm still sick of WW2 shooters. They made a trillion of those, and I'd be happy to never see another for the rest of my life.

Get off my lawn.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
I think all the maps in the new COD look cool as poo poo and really enjoy the new mechanics. I might even play tonight tbh.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
http://charlieintel.com/2015/04/06/black-ops-2-has-been-updated-with-viral-marketing-for-the-next-call-of-duty/

Any cute boys in here got Snapchat?

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Quabzor posted:

Only if you have to shoot all of the bullets before reloading it.

reload animation for mid-magazine reloads for the Garand is just tossing it away and pulling out another Garand.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Mister Macys posted:

Move to the East coast; I can only stay up until three in the morning so many times! :argh:

( :corsair: )

Okkkk I'll try to get on earlier

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Don't worry about it dude, I'm only teasin'. April is a just really busy month where I work.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Well if a set time nets me a group then I'm down

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

Fetus Tree posted:

I do like the boost jumping and stuff because shooting people out of the air is hilarious

I loved finding out that if all 4 Stinger missiles hit a player, Flak Jacket won't save them even if adding Danger Close to the usual "streaks/player detecting gear can't detect me" perks build is redundant during HardPoint a few months ago. :allears: Especially if they realize that the person that's been shooting them with the stinger is also the one who's been knocking out their air scorestreaks.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

So I played this game for a week after launch and I actually liked it but got distracted by everything else. Did they gently caress it up since then? If I played today and used my BAL build would I notice a difference or is that gun still pretty much the one to use

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

They eventually balanced it so now everyone is running around with BALs and ASM1s. :downs:

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Honestly as I've said the game is still pretty fun. I've found that by actually trying to play the guns don't really matter so much.

E: not to say that I'm better at the game than anybody, but if I play smart I do ok irrespective of the weapon :shrug:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

It seems a bit more balanced-ish. By no means perfect. But it seems like people are using a variety of guns compared to before

Quabzor
Oct 17, 2010

OneDeadman posted:

reload animation for mid-magazine reloads for the Garand is just tossing it away and pulling out another Garand.

They could always go the borderlands route and just thrown the gun like a grenade.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

Wazzit posted:

They eventually balanced it so now everyone is running around with BALs and ASM1s. :downs:

also the laser LMG/Shotgun

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I quite like the aem1 or whatever that automatic laser SMG is

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica
laffo https://twitter.com/ATVIAssist/status/585626482980102145

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

That link no longer exists. Here's a screenshot I found so people know what you're talking about.

Mill Village fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Apr 8, 2015

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Mill Village posted:

That link no longer exists. Here's a screenshot I found so people know what you're talking about.

Whooooops lmao.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

What was the question?

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
I don't get it tbh?

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
The implication is that someone at Activision confirmed the existence of Black Ops 3.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
I'm not sure why that would surprise anybody :shrug: I guess its funny that they slipped up though

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
I'm sure Activision would rather prefer to build a little hype about an upcoming announcement. Maybe throw in some pageantry in the form of a website with nothing but a timer counting down.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

One thing I like about Advanced Warfare is that crushing defeats don't happen anywhere close to the frequency they did in previous Call of Duties. It got so frustrating playing like Modern Warfare 2 or Black Ops in Team Deathmatch, and losing by 40+ points.

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009

I said come in! posted:

One thing I like about Advanced Warfare is that crushing defeats don't happen anywhere close to the frequency they did in previous Call of Duties. It got so frustrating playing like Modern Warfare 2 or Black Ops in Team Deathmatch, and losing by 40+ points.

Are you playing against bots? Cuz even if I go 20 to 1 my retard team mates will go 1/20 and 2/17. Unless I play with goons but that doesn't happen often anymore. :(

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

beaner69 posted:

Are you playing against bots? Cuz even if I go 20 to 1 my retard team mates will go 1/20 and 2/17. Unless I play with goons but that doesn't happen often anymore. :(

Nooooo, I actually only play against Pubbies. Tonight I actually was on the winning time for about 15 matches. It was really nice.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

If Black Ops 3 comes out this I hope more people keep playing it longer then they did AW cause Black Ops games own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

Well I'm a dumb idiot and bought this game on the ps4. I haven't played COD since blops 2. I hope the great group of people I played with before are- hahahahaha they totally all own xbones so I can't play with anyone but randos because I don't understand how my ps4 works yet.

• Locked thread