Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cochise
Sep 11, 2011

Stokes posted:

Translation: "Yeah well why don't you come back here and shut up!"

:bravo:

poor erock

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

shyduck posted:

Opie is getting murdered on twitter right now

the background of him standing in front of an empty audience is surprisingly apt. if he were a clever man i'd say it was a great joke

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

ME: That's the bit!

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
The O&A subreddit is starting motions of trying to force Jimmy to take a side. I don't know how well that's going to go since he's locked in a contract for what, another year or two?

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

"hey it;s me anthony and im going to talk about this whole opie thing"
*quotes from reddit and taylor swift songs*
*closes tab*

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Chromatic posted:

The O&A subreddit is starting motions of trying to force Jimmy to take a side. I don't know how well that's going to go since he's locked in a contract for what, another year or two?
And Anthony seems very content with Jimmy being neutral, so if anything it would have to be Opie cutting him off in a tantrum.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Have they started asking why Bill Burr hasn't taken a side yet?

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster

bunky posted:

"hey it;s me anthony and im going to talk about this whole opie thing"
*quotes from reddit and taylor swift songs*
*closes tab*

he couldn't have been trying to be funny when quoting the Taylor Swift song.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
Can someone drop some lore bombs (or youtube clips) of the following? I've been listening to O&A since 2006 and I don't remember either of these moments)

livingfruitvirus posted:

The fact that Opie refused to come in to work for three days after Ant tweeted about how he couldn't get served at F.H. Riley's probably stuck out to me more than anything.

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

i actually remember the show Ant brought up specifically where it was like 30 minutes of nonstop jokes and it all came screeching to a halt when Bobby made fun of precious boy's shirt. it was uncomfortable enough just to listen to, i can't imagine being subjected to that day in day out

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

therealjon_ posted:

Have they started asking why Bill Burr hasn't taken a side yet?

Since Anthony was fired their theories evolved from his black wife making Burr cut off all contact to kind of shutting up when Anthony admitted that Burr called him after his firing but didn't get back to him.

Cumia fans are a special bunch.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

O__O posted:

he couldn't have been trying to be funny when quoting the Taylor Swift song.

i agree thank you

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

Here's the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzQUNVh_VUM

rereginald Dennys
Oct 20, 2012
I'm Cerebral Cortez and I'm still trying way too fucking hard, if you see me posting anywhere, ever, you should probably just report me. Thanks :)
- Management

T Bowl posted:

Welp the reunion is off I guess.

that line was always bullshit

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

Man I don't know why but he really reminds me of like an uglied up Jon Stewart

Like some of the faces he makes and stuff especially

rereginald Dennys
Oct 20, 2012
I'm Cerebral Cortez and I'm still trying way too fucking hard, if you see me posting anywhere, ever, you should probably just report me. Thanks :)
- Management

Stefan Prodan posted:

Like some of the faces he makes and stuff especially

Yes! That's it!

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
As he got older he went from looking like a black guy to looking like a jew.

onemillionzombies
Apr 27, 2014

If Anthony is to be believed then Opie is even more of a psycho than I could have imagined.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
I don't like Opie or Anthony or Fez in this whole thing. Fez had a proxy war with Opie via Sam for years and had one foot out the door before he finally said a thing directly about Opie. If there was ever a time to call Fez his favorite word, that's a winner right there.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Cory Lidle posted:

I don't like Opie or Anthony or Fez in this whole thing. Fez had a proxy war with Opie via Sam for years and had one foot out the door before he finally said a thing directly about Opie. If there was ever a time to call Fez his favorite word, that's a winner right there.

Are you serious? Fez blew up three shows with two sentences. That's masterful sniper work.

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
Fez also got under Opie's skin when he got hypnotized into Opie. Yet Fez has no resentment towards Anthony, even when he used the word human being a week or two ago on Legion of Skanks while they were discussing Fez.

The brief drama between R&F, LoS and Anthony is compiled here, and is a pretty good listen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wH-ae7pNmE

lizardhunt fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Apr 7, 2015

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.

Chromatic posted:

I post on there from time to time, and that is actually pretty lovely.
e: I'm not actually seeing anything other than that jimmy is in an awkward position, which he is.

Rrussom fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Apr 7, 2015

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Call Me Charlie posted:

That's masterful sniper work.

He most have a good vantage point at the Moon Tahwr.

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

onemillionzombies posted:

If Anthony is to be believed then Opie is even more of a psycho than I could have imagined.

That's what I'm getting from all of this. Opie is just a self-centered cock that loved to wave his little bit of power over everyone else and risk their livilhoods. It's all "ME ME ME" poo poo-- kinda like his stories about his mom being so selfish.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Stefan Prodan posted:

Under the vegetable posted:

As he got older he went from looking like a black guy to looking like a jew.

I still say he looks like the aged Rock Hudson

feigning interest
Jun 22, 2007

I just hate seeing anything go to waste.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Morter posted:

I still say he looks like the aged Rock Hudson

You mean "AIDS Rock Hudson"

MullardEL34
Sep 30, 2008

Basking in the cathode glow
I think this sums up the events of this past evening pretty well.

My tummy hurts.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

MullardEL34 posted:

I think this sums up the events of this past evening pretty well.

Love the new 'do, Fez!

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr

Morter posted:

Can someone drop some lore bombs (or youtube clips) of the following? I've been listening to O&A since 2006 and I don't remember either of these moments)

The FH Riley's thing was never brought up until today. Just try to remember a time when it was Ant and Jim for 3 days in a row.

Opie and Jim are live today. I have no clue how they'll handle this. If Opie doesn't bring it up people will call in until he does.

ozza
Oct 23, 2008

It will definitely be interesting to see how Opie handles it (if he doesn't ignore it completely). I thought Ant was quite fair in his criticism, and didn't come across as particularly hateful or mean. Obviously he was putting his own spin on things, but all in all it seemed to be a measured, reasonable presentation of his frustrations. I cannot imagine the Opster having the social skills / mental capacity / self-awareness to deliver anything but a spiteful whine in reply. (He'll probably also so "PERIOD" a lot.)

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Chromatic posted:

Yes, i'm sure Jimmy really gives a poo poo about a loving subreddit.

This is all a storm in a teacup. The O&J show will grind along with roughly the same amount of listeners and Ant's show will continue to struggle with it's tiny audience of racist conservatives. This "truth-bomb" on Opie is a fairly desperate attempt for him to get new subscribers. They were never going to do radio together again so either of them burning the bridge doesn't matter.

Stotty
Apr 5, 2004
This is the first time since Ant's firing that I'm actually looking forward to listening to the O&J show.

Apart from that first week back, the only other show I actually sought out was the nopie show with Jim, Vos and Sherrod.

(Today will be a poo poo show and the whole incident will be glossed over in the first 5 minutes).

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr
If they try to gloss over it, I can't see how they'll be able to do a show with no phones as the Cumia fans lie their way through the screeners. I guess I'm just getting flashbacks of the Shannon Burke and Jim Philips attacks, which btw, are a decade old now.

Stotty
Apr 5, 2004

Under the vegetable posted:

Opie at least shuts up when people start ignoring him and talking about other stuff.

HOLD ON HOLD ON HOLD HOLD ON HOLD ON HOLD you can't be serious

livingfruitvirus posted:

If they try to gloss over it, I can't see how they'll be able to do a show with no phones as the Cumia fans lie their way through the screeners. I guess I'm just getting flashbacks of the Shannon Burke and Jim Philips attacks, which btw, are a decade old now.

Expect hour long calls from Snowy in Michigan and that awful boring redneck dude they've milked the poo poo out of in recent weeks.

Either that or the show is going to be filled with Fat Bobby, Vos & whoever else they can drag in - all of which are too scared to actually bring anything like this up. Well Vos might, but then immediately get really self-conscious and stop.

Stotty fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Apr 7, 2015

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
So is anything CRRRRAZZZY gonna come out today?

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

T Bowl posted:

So is anything CRRRRAZZZY gonna come out today?

Opie will say he didn't listen to it and act passive-aggressively. Probably call Ant a racist and a pedo.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
I can't listen now but he's apparently going head first at it.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear
Wow, Opie is crying

Paul Kersey
Oct 28, 2004

God bless Fez Marie Whatley.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
Best Jocktober ever.