Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Guess Layton's got tenure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
They talked about "Layton 7" a while ago and what they showed was completely different from a Layton game.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/08/layton_7_is_announced_and_looks_like_quite_a_departure

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

elf help book posted:

They talked about "Layton 7" a while ago and what they showed was completely different from a Layton game.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/08/layton_7_is_announced_and_looks_like_quite_a_departure

That was two years ago. I'm hoping they scrapped it and just decided to continue the series after the events of Unwound Future.

edit: Unwound Future is not dumb you moron

vvvvvvvv

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Volt Catfish posted:

The final one with Layton as the protagonist.

Now, it's time for luke :clint:

(I kid, I kid. After seeing adult Luke in that dumb fake time-travel game, I wouldn't be totally averse to him having his own title at one point. Although Emmy should get it first. :colbert:)

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

I never realized how short Star Fox 64 is. It's actually a very appropriate length, and trying out the different pathways is fun, but I'm not sure how successful it would be nowadays.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

the truth posted:

I never realized how short Star Fox 64 is. It's actually a very appropriate length, and trying out the different pathways is fun, but I'm not sure how successful it would be nowadays.

Pretty drat successful, considering how hard it is to get ahold of a copy of SF64-3D nowadays :v:.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

mabels big day posted:

That was two years ago. I'm hoping they scrapped it and just decided to continue the series after the events of Unwound Future.

I hope so.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Actually after I finished the last game, I was ok with it being the last Layton game. It really felt like they were running out of steam with that concept.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

mabels big day posted:

Me too

Red Robin Hood
Jun 24, 2008

Buglord
Finally able to access Nintendo Club. I've never played Pushmo or Crashmo or any of those things. Which should I get?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Red Robin Hood posted:

Finally able to access Nintendo Club. I've never played Pushmo or Crashmo or any of those things. Which should I get?

They're both good puzzle games. Similar in style but with a different fundamental concept. Pushmo has you pushing and pulling blocks as they slide in and out of a wall. Crashmo makes them free standing and you can pull them in any direction, so gravity becomes an issue as blocks will fall down when nothing is supporting them. Crashmo ends up being moderately more difficult as a result. Buy whichever one sounds more interesting, and maybe buy the other later.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Augh. I've been waiting for my screen protector and Duraflex thing for my N3DS to arrive, and this last weekend when I was playing Majora's Mask, my stylus put a scratch on the touchscreen. A small one (not quite half an inch long) that I can't see under all conditions, but it's there. Is there anything I can do to fix that/minimize the damage, or am I stuck just cleaning the screen and putting the protector on when it comes before things get even worse?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Roland Jones posted:

Augh. I've been waiting for my screen protector and Duraflex thing for my N3DS to arrive, and this last weekend when I was playing Majora's Mask, my stylus put a scratch on the touchscreen. A small one (not quite half an inch long) that I can't see under all conditions, but it's there. Is there anything I can do to fix that/minimize the damage, or am I stuck just cleaning the screen and putting the protector on when it comes before things get even worse?

Don't do anything. Just wipe it clean and put the protector on it when you get it. Trying to do anything else to "minimize the damage" usually just ends with more scratches.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Buy a new one and replace the new console with your old one and return it
don't actually do this

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

noirstronaut posted:

don't actually do this

Please actually do this. Report back on your savings.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Don't do anything. Just wipe it clean and put the protector on it when you get it. Trying to do anything else to "minimize the damage" usually just ends with more scratches.

Figured as much. Thanks.

noirstronaut posted:

don't actually do this

Even if I thought that were a good idea, it's an MH4U special edition N3DS, so that wouldn't be an option.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Long-time DBZ composer Kenji Yamamoto was called out a little while back for plagiarising a ton of music, so they;ve been scrubbing his tunes from all the re-releases.

Extreme Butoden is the 3DS game, Super Butoden 2 is the SFC game. The download code is for 3DS and it's the SFC game running in emulation but it's not a VC release and should not be taken as indication of such. Namco-Bandai did something similar a while back when they released a compilation of FC/SFC anime games called J Legend Retsuden (which contained an unaltered Super Butoden 2, incidentally.)

Not to be confused with the Kenji Yamamoto who in fact does zero DB music and only does nintendo stuff like compose Metroid.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Absolutely in love with Kid Icarus. Controls are as wonky as everyone says..more just uncomfortable but the game isn't punishing so far. But it's just so much fun. And it's funny. And fast. And superlatives.

And MM is just incredible, too. Kind of taking my time with it. I don't feel rushed to get poo poo done in that game at all. Just find a task, focus on getting it done, reset the clock. Find something new.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Level 5's stream (ongoing in the wee hours of the morning as I post this) is not giving us very good 3DS news.

For starters, Layton 7 was finally officially unveiled... for iOS/Android only. It's a card/parlour game. It's not a puzzle game.

Now Fantasy Life 2 is being shown... for iOS/Android only. It seems to mix Farmville with some very light ARPGing, in some of the same areas from the first game.

So that's two franchises possibly gone from 3DS.

Yokai Watch is now going international, they had a video with Hasbro USA talking about the toys and anime, with some English dub clips, and they also showed Nintendo's logo in the slide. So the game is definitely coming over officially to USA now. Spring 2016 is the date.

They're talking now about a Yokai 3DS game that seems to be an homage to Ghostbusters because it has an anime stay puft man in it. But who knows if that'll ever come over here.

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Apr 7, 2015

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Level 5 ruins everything

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Yokai watch is loving HUGE in Japan. You would see the mascot and a tv screen showing the dance/song of that game or whatever everywhere you go in Japan. I don't think it will reach that level of popularity here but you never know.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Spring 2016 is the date for the toys, I don't think it necessarily carries over to the game.

Either way, they're really leaving their run too late with Yokai Watch, I think.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Spring 2016 is the date for the toys, I don't think it necessarily carries over to the game.

Either way, they're really leaving their run too late with Yokai Watch, I think.

Yeah its already on Yokai watch 3 in Japan now.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Yokai x Sangokushi? Koei-Tecmo gettin' paid lately.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Level 5's basic message today is "IT PRINTS MONEY."

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Yokai Watch Punipuni, a smartphone game by NHN Playart, a subsidiary of LINE. Not quite a PAD clone, but definitely in that wheelhouse

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Its time to run this poo poo into the ground.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Yokai Watch: The Real, an event at Universal theme parks. I guess Jibanyan will be there? gently caress Jibanyan.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I don't think Level 5 understands that golden geese need oxygen to breathe

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
He's announced two more Yokai Watch smartphone things in three minutes, gently caress this.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Now there's a realdoll on the stage. I'm scared

This is reaching Simpsons-level of saturation

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Level-5 is one of my favorite publishers and Fantasy Life was my GOTY last year. It's really loving sad that they're taking everything to smartphones, gently caress this heteronormative earth

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Yokai Watch 3 USA! I wonder if they won't skip over the first few games and just jump straight to 3 internationally.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Welp, Yokai Watch 3 happens in the US of A. The gloves are off.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
How long is this loving song?

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
What the gently caress is happening

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Oh for gently caress's sake.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I wish E3 could be more like this, this is gonna be hard to top in June

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Ok this is great. I am back on board.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
They're sowing a PV for their new cross-media franchise, 3DS/iOS/Android.

SNACK WORLD! Kinda looks like Aardman Dragon Quest or something, but it's just a CG character trailer, nothing resembling a game.