Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Deakul posted:

So, uh, I started Strike Back and finished season 1 and just started season 2 but had to stop about 20 mins into the episode.
What the gently caress is going on, who the hell are all of these people and what happened to everyone from season 1?!?! :stare:

Season 1 is the BBC co-production that is basically never brought up again. Season 2 is when Cinemax took over and it became awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodbath
Apr 10, 2005

GRIM AND FROSTBITTEN KINGDOMS

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Season 1 is the BBC co-production that is basically never brought up again. Season 2 is when Cinemax took over and it became awesome.

Indeed. season 1 is great but season two introduces a new crew and basically just becomes fully loving sick.

God I love Strikeback. So much fun, so drat butch.

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Twenty years? It's no wonder I'm so hungry. Do you have anything to eat?

Deakul posted:

So, uh, I started Strike Back and finished season 1 and just started season 2 but had to stop about 20 mins into the episode.
What the gently caress is going on, who the hell are all of these people and what happened to everyone from season 1?!?! :stare:

Don't worry. The change is a good thing. Just keep watching.

Buddy.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Deakul posted:

Strike Back Season 1 is named Strike Back Origins in the US. Aside from the lead from that season getting executed there's little overlap.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Niwrad posted:

Where the hell is the guy who played Dalton from? Also I'm guessing he's going to be one of the main bad guys next season.

I recognized him from Manhattan.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
that was fuckin brutal, rip gordon. I expected Carrie and Stowe to kill each other in that fight. With the position of mayor being vacant and hood no longer sheriff I expect that he'll become mayor somehow and bang his way through Banshee faster than ever.

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Mayor Lucas Hood

or

Mayor Kai Proctor????

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Mayor Burton.

Cocoa Ninja
Mar 3, 2007

Tough, but fair!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Cocoa Ninja posted:

Tough, but fair!

When he takes off his glasses, he's working for the masses!

Vote Burton for Mayor!

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

When he takes off his glasses, he's working for the masses!

Vote Burton for Mayor!

how is the DA in the main credits but Burton is relegated to the end credits? I forget the DA's even in the show 90% of the time

Cocoa Ninja
Mar 3, 2007

Soothing Vapors posted:

how is the DA in the main credits but Burton is relegated to the end credits? I forget the DA's even in the show 90% of the time

It's related to stipulations in their contracts, whether they are a regular, recurring or a guest star. SAG determines the complicated stipulations about who stays on screen how long, after which person, presuming such and such also appears...etc.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
This show is sort of like Streets of Rage the tv show and it's really awesome

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

I got really sad last night after my fiancee and I went to dinner and went home thinking Banshee would be on, but the season's over and I'd been thinking habitually.

R.I.P. S3 Banshee

Andnook
Mar 10, 2005

Soothing Vapors posted:

I bring you good news then: http://deadline.com/2015/03/matthew-rauch-promoted-regular-banshee-casey-labow-cast-1201394760/ Burton get's a promotion it seems!

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Awesome!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Mayor Burton is totally happening.

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

The Baghdad Country Club seems interesting, I'm apprehensively and patiently waiting to see what that's going to be like.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Cinemax has my full support, as a none paying, none ratings included fan.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
Will season four Hood feature a bandage accessory? Will Siobhan's identical twin sister Meghan turn up? Will they ever bring up the Sugar/Kai connection referenced in the first season again?

My mum ended up watching this show, attracted by my description of Kai Proctor as "Amish Al Swearingen". Now she's all pissed there are no more episodes as she binge watched them. Random bits I remember include:

S1E3 aka the MMA fight - " Oh God, I hope Hood knows how to fight dirty!" I was in the middle of a big swig of tea. There is a very strange sound that happens when you expel tea through your nose while breathing out (laughing) so hard into the cup that the tea still in the cup tries to jump out, back up your nose at the same time. Stingy.

She thinks Deva is dull and mis-used but her friend owns bones.

"OH GOD BURTON'S GLASSES ARE OFF!"

Any scene with Job is automatically great because Job. :allears: Seriously, I have never seen her pay so much attention to anything in recent years. If Banshee kills off Job, she will be right pissed.

Carrie and Gordon beating the poo poo out of those kids this season, my mum was practically levitating from the smug radiating from her. Honourable re-mention of Deva's friend for the sensible there. Can we see more of Deva's mate, my mum would like more of Deva's mate but without killing her off, tia. (Siobhan's death not well received by either of us, frankly)

Oh, and more scenes of Hood eating. My mum wonders at his diet what with all the fighting and loving as that dude burns through calories like a motherfucker.

P.S. SV, where's the Strike Back report, buddy?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Nobody says "mother_FUCKA" better than Job.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Wait. How do I properly watch strike back? I watched season one with rick grimes.

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Twenty years? It's no wonder I'm so hungry. Do you have anything to eat?

Laserface posted:

Wait. How do I properly watch strike back? I watched season one with rick grimes.

That's fine to start with, but the real fun starts once Cinemax takes over. Mind you, it's a completely different show, but it's all the better for it.

Buddy.

verdigris murder
Jul 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Season 4 will be fine if the writers don't go down the route of magical children living under trees.

Having magical children living under trees is not hard fantasy HBO/GRRM.

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW

#eyeshadow

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Can you please upload a bigger image, i can't quite see that one

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW
If you have a tiny monitor I am sorry for your situation, but if I put up a 600x400 you'd say "what eye liner" so ,

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Arnold of Soissons posted:

If you have a tiny monitor I am sorry for your situation, but if I put up a 600x400 you'd say "what eye liner" so ,

i have 3 27" monitors :colbert: just thumbnail it...

ahh what do i care, carry one. It was a joke anyway

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Eliza Dushku (Buffy, Dollhouse, True Calling, my fantasies for the last 10 years) has been cast for season 4 as an FBI agent.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

richardfun posted:

That's fine to start with, but the real fun starts once Cinemax takes over. Mind you, it's a completely different show, but it's all the better for it.

Buddy.

Thanks. My :filez: was struggling to find it but I just got it another way. I liked the first season so looking forward to more.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Rhyno posted:

Eliza Dushku (Buffy, Dollhouse, True Calling, my fantasies for the last 10 years) has been cast for season 4 as an FBI agent.

Oh great, I can't wait for next year's thread to go to poo poo now that goons have another reason to yell about Dollhouse being terrible.

And I say that as someone who didn't like Dollhouse.

...See? Wonderful. Ball's rolling now, I just Minority Reported the whole loving thing. Sorry everyone!

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

DivisionPost posted:

Oh great, I can't wait for next year's thread to go to poo poo now that goons have another reason to yell about Dollhouse being terrible.

And I say that as someone who didn't like Dollhouse.

...See? Wonderful. Ball's rolling now, I just Minority Reported the whole loving thing. Sorry everyone!

Dollhouse wasn't the worst show she was ever in...

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhyno posted:

I'll fight you.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

life is killing me posted:

Dollhouse wasn't the worst show she was ever in...

Yes it was.

Rocksicles posted:

I'll fight you.

I be the bringer of bad news.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Rhyno posted:

Yes it was.

Is the bad news that you're one of the three people who really liked Tru Calling?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DivisionPost posted:

Is the bad news that you're one of the three people who really liked Tru Calling?

No but it wasn't as bad as Dollhouse!

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhyno posted:

Yes it was.

Bring it on style dance off, assbucket

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Finally making my way through season 3. Holy poo poo that heist was intense!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

This show is loving amazing. I binged S1-3 recently, and am super hooked. Can't wait for it to come back!

• Locked thread