Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Mraagvpeine posted:

It's just like Eggman/Robotnik.

No because they still use Hercule for censorship reasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

So who wins in a fight, Spike the Devil Man or Mr. Satan?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

Hercule is many things. Pure of heart? Not one of them.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Devil Satan, daughter of Devil "Hercule" Satan.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I'm amazed there are people in this world who cannot appreciate the inherent awesomeness of Satan being the hero of humanity.

They name a city after him and build statues in the honor of Satan.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Rodyle posted:

Hercule is many things. Pure of heart? Not one of them.

Let's face it, neither is Goku.

Dragonball has a couple of this weird moments were the heroes are apparently the champions of some trait that they never really exhibited before. E.g the weird environmentalism theme that crops up occasionally.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

I'm amazed there are people in this world who cannot appreciate the inherent awesomeness of Satan being the hero of humanity.

They name a city after him and build statues in the honor of Satan.

I was a little disappointed in Kai when Satan first shows up and everyone is chanting his name, they stick with "Mr! Satan!" instead of just changing it to "Hail Satan!" for a laugh, but what can you do?

Flagrama
Jun 19, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
In the dub on Funimation's streaming site they seem to use both names, at least during the tournament right before Buu. I've definitely have heard both used.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

e X posted:

Let's face it, neither is Goku.

Dragonball has a couple of this weird moments were the heroes are apparently the champions of some trait that they never really exhibited before. E.g the weird environmentalism theme that crops up occasionally.

I think even Adult Goku can count as pure. It's the same joke as in Dragon Ball, he's too stupid to be actually malevolent.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

PSA: Much as we love TFS the "do not watch in character LPs" rule stands strong. I thought I would watch Lani's Bloodborne video. If you think this, think again!

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

On the other hand, their Xenoverse playthrough has been amazing so far, especially more recently when someone mentions "power levels" and the crew quickly devolves into a microcosm of this thread.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Rodyle posted:

PSA: Much as we love TFS the "do not watch in character LPs" rule stands strong. I thought I would watch Lani's Bloodborne video. If you think this, think again!

I think they should really consider doing LPs of games that work for the character and not just the new popular stuff. I get that the latter is going to get them more views, but so many of those videos are just dire.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

I kind of wish they'd take another shot at a DBZ movie, I wanna watch Stone Cold Steve Austin cast as Nappa dropping explosive power bombs on the other characters. Who else you think could make casting, I want names

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Parrotine posted:

I kind of wish they'd take another shot at a DBZ movie, I wanna watch Stone Cold Steve Austin cast as Nappa dropping explosive power bombs on the other characters. Who else you think could make casting, I want names

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson. But he should be in every movie.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

MH Knights posted:

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson. But he should be in every movie.

Just make the whole cast wrestlers. John Cena is pretty much just Goku in jorts.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.

Rodyle posted:

I will never be able to not call him Hercule.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

tbp posted:

yeah im not talking about that though, i mean when goku and gohan come out in perma ssj, trunks and vegeta go in again.. but neither of them think "boy maybe they were on to something". vegeta makes sense okay maybe he didnt wanna copy goku, but trunks shouldve figured it out and mastered the form and with all that extra time (remember goku wasted like 6 months or hwatever training gohan to become like, passable) he couldve gone ss2 and they wouldnt have to bother with forcing gohan to learn the form mid-battle

I think part of it might be that Super Saiyan 2 wasn't really originally "Super Saiyan 2" so much as it was just "Gohan's Hidden Power".

I could be wrong though.

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
I just realized that the gi Goku wears for all of the Red Ribbon arc was originally Krillin's. I guess it doesn't mean anything but that's kinda interesting.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Parrotine posted:

Pardon if this is another dead-horse question, but did they announce they were going to stop doing the movies? I mean they just did Cooler 2: Electric Boogaloo last summer, doesn't seem unusually long since then given their production schedule.

VV Oh gently caress that then VV

Fender Anarchist fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Apr 7, 2015

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Fucknag posted:

Pardon if this is another dead-horse question, but did they announce they were going to stop doing the movies? I mean they just did Cooler 2: Electric Boogaloo last summer, doesn't seem unusually long since then given their production schedule.

Think he means the live action movies.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Fucknag posted:

Next batch of movies all take place in the period where they're preparing for the cell games. So that's Super Android 13, Broly 1 & Plan to Eradicate the Super Saiyans.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Can't wait for cowboy 13.

Captain Q
Nov 30, 2005

I CONJURE THIS INTREPID FANTASYSCAPE WITH TEARS BLED FROM THE WISDOM-WEARY EYES OF FIFTY THOUSAND IMAGINARY MAGICIANS

Hjalmar posted:

On the other hand, their Xenoverse playthrough has been amazing so far, especially more recently when someone mentions "power levels" and the crew quickly devolves into a microcosm of this thread.

Their whole "TFS plays Dragonball games" playlist is on point imo

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Wouldn't be surprised World Strongest shows up soon (since they got to redo it) since they can tie in with the Android Saga. Heck, they already name drop Dr Wheelio in the Android Saga so it not to far off.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

Can't use your devil ray when you're in a full-nelson

or being made acquainted with the ground

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

With History of Trunks just released I wouldn't expect anything else for awhile outside episodes.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Rodyle posted:

I dunno the Two Saiyans Play/Renegade For Life ones and what little I've seen of the Krillin ones have been pretty great so far, although yeah the Xenoverse LP has been really excellent(wish they'd vary how they fight a little more though, gets a little tedious watching them do 20 Melee Combos in a row, also they need to do more non-Story mode stuff for us to see, and fix some ongoing sound issues they've been having as well)

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

drrockso20 posted:

I dunno the Two Saiyans Play/Renegade For Life ones and what little I've seen of the Krillin ones have been pretty great so far, although yeah the Xenoverse LP has been really excellent(wish they'd vary how they fight a little more though, gets a little tedious watching them do 20 Melee Combos in a row, also they need to do more non-Story mode stuff for us to see, and fix some ongoing sound issues they've been having as well)

Different strokes for different folks, but isn't like 90% of Krillin Plays Lanipator screaming and screeching?

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
They are pretty much taking a book out of the Pewdiepie book off how-to-let's-play, so yeah, not really my thing.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
All this talk of Hercule reminds me of some really stupid filler near the start of the Cell games. What should have been "Hercule shows up, showboats, gets slapped away" turns into three episode of throwing nonsense wrestlers at Cell. That probably took 3 weeks in real time. Man am I glad I originally watched the show when it was airing twice a day every weekday.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

HGH posted:

All this talk of Hercule reminds me of some really stupid filler near the start of the Cell games. What should have been "Hercule shows up, showboats, gets slapped away" turns into three episode of throwing nonsense wrestlers at Cell. That probably took 3 weeks in real time. Man am I glad I originally watched the show when it was airing twice a day every weekday.

The were Mr Satan's Apprentices weren't they?

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:

Satan's Little Helpers

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Covok posted:

Different strokes for different folks, but isn't like 90% of Krillin Plays Lanipator screaming and screeching?

I watched some of the Krillin ones and it was certainly better than expected. He at least knows enough that "Krillin is scared" needs to be broken up with other poo poo. The character can often be confident in his abilities and is interested in the enviornment.

Still wouldn't recommend them but they aren't the trainwreck I thought they'd be.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
i think I'm in the minority bc not much of the humor from the tfs stuff hits for me.. Watched the trunks movie and wasn't really a fan but they clearly do put a lot of effort in and are making content for the coolest show of all time still which owns. Dbz in general owns.

Who is everybody's favorite character. As a kid, my favorite was probably gohan bc we were of similar age and I thought it was cool that he had hidden power that came out when he was mad, but now my favorite is probably goku due to standing up for justice etc. and hercule for being a hero

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Piccolo>18>Vegeta>Krillin>Gotenks>Hercule make up the best of the best as far as the main crew goes.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

18 is garbage

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Points against 18:
1. Boring character design
2. Didn't train for her power - not as cool nor honorable
3. Android saga most likely the worst saga
4. Got owned by Cell
5. Couldn't sense energy
6. Thought she was a bad bitch for being the strongest character for like two in universe days until she was irrevocably passed by a huge margin by both Vegeta and Trunks, two warriors who actually worked for their power

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

tbp posted:

Points against 18:
1. Boring character design
2. Didn't train for her power - not as cool nor honorable
3. Android saga most likely the worst saga
4. Got owned by Cell
5. Couldn't sense energy
6. Thought she was a bad bitch for being the strongest character for like two in universe days until she was irrevocably passed by a huge margin by both Vegeta and Trunks, two warriors who actually worked for their power

Counterpoints:

1. Had interesting eyes, trademark of all androids. Also a human, cant really do much when you got a universe with genies, three eyed men, Giant monkey people and Krillin.
2. gently caress honour, she's an augmented human with very little metal parts in her but the bomb, that's a process that could be applied to the entire human race and turn us into the galactic warlords we deserve to be. :black101:
3. DID YOU FORGET THE GARLIC JR SAGA? I DIDN'T, I NEVER WILL. Eh, it wasn't that bad.
4. Well yeah, Cell's pretty cool too you know. Also look how she turned him out. He looks fabulous. :sparkles:
5. Means she'll treat everyone as a threat and never assume someone is hiding their power. She wont ever get blindsided by that kind of arrogance. Equally she wont ever be paralysed into inaction at the feel of someone massively stronger then her. Also considering how smoke clouds apparently block sensing energy in this show, i question its value.
6. Surpassed by people who trained in the time chamber of cheat time for a whole lot longer then two days. Cheaters. :colbert:

Final point: I wonder if 18 can train too? I mean, Freiza's doing it. :getin:

That was fun and nerdy to write, lets do this again tbp!

Thyrork fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Apr 7, 2015

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

tbp posted:

i think I'm in the minority bc not much of the humor from the tfs stuff hits for me.. Watched the trunks movie and wasn't really a fan but they clearly do put a lot of effort in and are making content for the coolest show of all time still which owns. Dbz in general owns.

Who is everybody's favorite character. As a kid, my favorite was probably gohan bc we were of similar age and I thought it was cool that he had hidden power that came out when he was mad, but now my favorite is probably goku due to standing up for justice etc. and hercule for being a hero

Yeah, I'm of the opinion TFS isn't really what it used to be. I still watch every episode they put out, but something about the start of the android saga inspired them to change gears and make the humor a lot less accessible to the non-hardcore dragon ball fan. This became really clear with the history of trunks episode, which I didn't enjoy at all. I'll go back and watch old episodes every now and then, but I always go back to the Freeza Saga ones when I do because they are just gold.

Again this post is completely subjective and I don't think many people will agree with me. It's still good, just not as good as it was. Doesn't help that a lot of the funny jokes have been turned into unbearable memes that people repeat every three pages (Goku is a bad dad; power levels are bullshit; all of them?).

That being said, I know they won't do it but it would be awesome if they made Perfect Cell into a Freeza clone, since one of the big complaints about him was how close he resembled Freeza.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them

facebook jihad posted:

Yeah, I'm of the opinion TFS isn't really what it used to be. I still watch every episode they put out, but something about the start of the android saga inspired them to change gears and make the humor a lot less accessible to the non-hardcore dragon ball fan. This became really clear with the history of trunks episode, which I didn't enjoy at all. I'll go back and watch old episodes every now and then, but I always go back to the Freeza Saga ones when I do because they are just gold.

Again this post is completely subjective and I don't think many people will agree with me. It's still good, just not as good as it was. Doesn't help that a lot of the funny jokes have been turned into unbearable memes that people repeat every three pages (Goku is a bad dad; power levels are bullshit; all of them?).

That being said, I know they won't do it but it would be awesome if they made Perfect Cell into a Freeza clone, since one of the big complaints about him was how close he resembled Freeza.

"Goku is a bad dad" has been around long, long before TFS and "ALL OF THEM?!" was something of a meme ever since the Funi Dragonball dub. You've got a point on the "Power Levels are bullshit" phrase, but just because TFS coined it doesn't mean that people weren't calling out the power escalation of the series many years ago.

• Locked thread