Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004
When I was spading my Tiger E, I ammo racked people with APCR rounds. APCR will do the job, it's just harder unless you're drilling straight into the rack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stanley Goodspeed
Dec 26, 2005
What, the feet thing?

My favorite ammo rackings are when you hip shot some APCR at a Tiger 2 or whatever just because you have a six second reload and you can almost see their commander's cupola through the intervening terrain and somehow it still cooks it off like a firework. :3:

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
The Walker Bulldog is so loving bad :negative:

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Azran posted:

What.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

mlmp08 posted:

Nah, meters and kph rule supreme in this game.

Maybe if it used proper aeronautical units, nautical miles and kilofeet, I'd use that.

lol when try hard wannabe cyber-aces call out altitude positions in feet as if they somehow haven't realized that the communication gap isn't already big enough between irl nerds/casuals/:911:/:ussr: players.

This is [JG.54]Jg_54_Brocard_jg_54 reporting in at :angel::angel::angel:

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

Der Shovel posted:

How is this info exposed in-game? I'm looking at my Marder III H again, and while I have a whole bunch of shells available, none of them seem to have any numerical indicator for how good or bad they are at doing damage. Penetration, yes, but am I supposed to piece the rest of the info together from the shell's mass and fuse delay or something?

The icon for the shells indicate how much they go boom, or if they even go boom.

Bigger orange part means bigger boom

If there is grey poo poo then that means it doesn't go boom, it is just an armor piercing shot that could possibly send shrapnel into dudes. If the grey poo poo is bigger then more shrapnel

The icon also shows how much armor it pierces compared to the other rounds on the same tank

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Roumba posted:

Metrology Chat: Is there a nautical/curved surface equivalent for kilometers kmh? If so, why isn't it used?
Nautical miles and knots?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Thief posted:

This is [JG.54]Jg_54_Brocard_jg_54 reporting in at :angel::angel::angel:

That's Angels 3-0, if Battle of Britain is to be believed. :pilot:

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord

Rent-A-Cop posted:

Nautical miles and knots?
I meant a metric equivalent of those.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.

Azran posted:

:agreed:

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
The walker bulldog is good as gently caress and probably the most fun tank in the game.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President

Roumba posted:

I meant a metric equivalent of those.

Well, those are the internationally recognized units. They're as close to metric as you're going to get (1 nautical mile describing one minute of arc at any meridian).

ClassicFascist
Jul 8, 2011
So we're doing another Sim custom game with Arcade air reloads and spawns on Pacific Hidden base. Hop into the sim channel and join us!

I'm hosting, TopGunReference is my ingame name and the password is lljk

Flight Club is now in session!

E: Flight club is out for now, it was super fun though. Will definitely be doing more of these!

ClassicFascist fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Apr 7, 2015

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.

ClassicFascist posted:

So we're doing another Sim custom game with Arcade air reloads and spawns on Pacific Hidden base. Hop into the sim channel and join us!

The first rule of Flight Club is tell all your friends about Flight Club.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

ClassicFascist posted:

You better be open for another 4 hours :argh:

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Skwee posted:

The icon for the shells indicate how much they go boom, or if they even go boom.

Bigger orange part means bigger boom

If there is grey poo poo then that means it doesn't go boom, it is just an armor piercing shot that could possibly send shrapnel into dudes. If the grey poo poo is bigger then more shrapnel

The icon also shows how much armor it pierces compared to the other rounds on the same tank

It's a very scientific measurement. Only some pubbie gently caress wouldn't get it :smuggo:

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

ClassicFascist posted:

Hey, join this it's neat. We'll be around for an indeterminate number of minutes :shrug:

HoboMan
Nov 4, 2010

Wooper posted:

The first rule of Flight Club is tell all your friends about Flight Club.

:siren: :siren: :getin: :siren: :siren:

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Leaving aside that you will have to unlock ammo that does ANYTHING, you are a light tank whose armor can be penetrated by KV1s while needing at least two shots to kill even medium tanks, while you aren't even FAST.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

Azran posted:

Leaving aside that you will have to unlock ammo that does ANYTHING, you are a light tank whose armor can be penetrated by KV1s while needing at least two shots to kill even medium tanks, while you aren't even FAST.

The default ammo is good enough to deal with many tanks from the front, and more than enough to deal with Tiger 2s and such from the side. The damage on the default ammo isn't great, but it will do the job if you're accurate. It's even quick enough flank and cap fast and all that crap.

Probably one of the better stock tanks in the game.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
Scored another Gold Eagle wager. . . "Bad Network Connection" :negative:

Managed to walk away with 100 this time.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Azran posted:

RIP the good old days of the Bulldog, it's a shame you never got to experience the 70kph wonder that it was :(

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I wonder how the Matilda II is going to work in this game. it's basically immune to everything short of a Pz IV F2.

I also hope that the Australian Matilda II with the 7 shot Hedgehog mortar strapped to the back is added as a premium tank when they figure out how to put the Calliope in.

:getin:

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Flight Club is still going, though I am heading to sleep. It's a success!

Rules:

Tell your friends about flight club.
Sim flight controls.
Bring a plane between Era 1 and 5. (sometimes, we might restrict it a bit, too many high tier jets means you never see anything but it's funny to see a jet get wrecked by a gladiator.)
Wingtip smoke on!
Ceiling 2500 meters
Kill everyone you see. Unless they ask you real nice to just fly through tunnels with them. Then fly with them peacefully til you get bored and then kill them.
Claim every single crashed plane as a maneuver kill you earned because you're pro.
Die once in a while just admiring how pretty it all is.
Get in mumble.
Check your smoke, you forgot to turn it back on when you respawned.

edit:

I got no-poo poo top-gunned by ClassicFascist in a Panther tonight :negative:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hp4cy2NXblc&t=217s

mlmp08 fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Apr 7, 2015

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Eej posted:

I wonder how the Matilda II is going to work in this game. it's basically immune to everything short of a Pz IV F2.

I also hope that the Australian Matilda II with the 7 shot Hedgehog mortar strapped to the back is added as a premium tank when they figure out how to put the Calliope in.

:getin:

I hated trying to take these things out in Forgotten Hope. Panzer II's, III's and Snub-Nose Panzer IV's didn't so poo poo to that thing unless you found yourself on higher ground and managed to hit the engine deck.

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Anti-Stumble unit is fail!
Flight club owns, it's a chill deathmatch with pretty scenery

The second map with the weather set to "that's gorgeous" I couldn't see anyone so I didn't fire my guns for 10+ minutes but still had a good time

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
I thought we were doing Collision at the end, wish my TB3 could've claimed someone

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
Aside from air reloads/spawns and cool scenery, shouldn't it be easy to synchdrop on to opposing sides in normal SB? Fight the pubbies and then each other while earning RPs and SLs?

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

Palicgofueniczekt posted:

Aside from air reloads/spawns and cool scenery, shouldn't it be easy to synchdrop on to opposing sides in normal SB? Fight the pubbies and then each other while earning RPs and SLs?

Low/mid level SB has late joining for like the first 15 min or something like that. But yeah, I guess... though there are no enemy nametags so people would need to use decals or something.

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
Sometimes, in this new era of tagless CARB, I yell at my team to only use ____ smoke in their planes this round so we can know who is who and if they toggle it when being shot at, AAA is less likely to murder a teammate.

It kind of works. :gifttank:

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
That is, until charlie gets his filthy hands on some of our colored smokes and cracks the code.

Execu-speak
Jun 2, 2011

Welcome to the real world hippies!

Pand posted:

Ofc you can. Both turrets are easily penetrated by that. What you don't have is the rate of fire of the sherman.

You can do it really well with the T34-57 mod 43's APCR.

Xerxes17
Feb 17, 2011

The T-34E is fantastic in the new regular realistic battles. It seems like worst you will face is the 75mm Shermans and the 7.5cm L/48 Germans and that little bit extra armor at it's battle rating makes all the difference with some angling.

Xerxes17 fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Apr 7, 2015

ClassicFascist
Jul 8, 2011

mlmp08 posted:

Rules:

I got no-poo poo top-gunned by ClassicFascist in a Panther tonight :negative:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hp4cy2NXblc&t=217s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3fw5pB0RIk

e: Apparently youtube blocked my video because Danger Zone was in it fixed it i guess?

ClassicFascist fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Apr 7, 2015

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Xerxes17 posted:

The T-34E is fantastic in the new regular realistic battles. It seems like worst you will face is the 75mm Shermans and the 7.5cm L/48 Germans and that little bit extra armor at it's battle rating makes all the difference some angling.

It is by far my favorite tank in the game.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Alright I'm sold on the Typhoon.

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Sorry Nazis, but you can't play simulator today.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

Doesn't seem so bad as people say

SkySteak
Sep 9, 2010

I've never seen an SB team do this badly. :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
The 76 Jumbo sure has gotten really fun for me lately. I mean, it was always fun, but lately it has just done some really dumb things.

The other day I was on Kuban driving up north when I get hit by a bounce. I wasn't paying attention and didn't see a green tiger camoed to the left of me. I turn my turret and one shot him. I guess I also didn't see the two other tigers in front of me or the pz4 to the right. Queue me alternating shots at the tigers as they bounce shell after shell at me until I kill them and the panzer. This thing just doesn't die. I love it

• Locked thread