Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

ChaosArgate posted:

Who the gently caress wanted Issac in over Wonder Red.

More people played Golden Sun than W101, film at 11

Anatharon posted:

Simon Belmont isn't there, Reddit is full of Broke Brains, news at 11.

He's probably top 20, but yeah, surprising /v/ has their poo poo together better on this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Anatharon posted:

Simon Belmont isn't there, Reddit is full of Broke Brains, news at 11.

What if we got Castlevania Judgement Simon? Not worth the risk.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

ChaosArgate posted:

Honestly I only didn't vote Wonder Red because I have no idea how they'd do a W101 character justice with the limitations of the 3DS version

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

idk what they'd do for him either but i figure worst case scenario he's just treated as not-viewtiful joe which i'm ok with

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

TVs Ian posted:

What if we got Castlevania Judgement Simon? Not worth the risk.

There's no way we would because we didn't get Pac Man from that currently airing cartoon.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I hope we get big-shoulders tiny-legs Knuckles from Sonic Boom.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

FactsAreUseless posted:

I hope we get big-shoulders tiny-legs Knuckles from Sonic Boom.

Tan arms Sonic, only to piss off those who got autistic that he didn't have blue arms.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Deliberately pissing off autistic people seems rather mean-spirited.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Countblanc posted:

Deliberately pissing off autistic people seems rather mean-spirited.
They're too slow.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

FactsAreUseless posted:

They're too slow.

Ok mister you're going to jail.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

They're too slow.

no way

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

F. Lobot posted:

Buff everyone except Diddy and Rosalina.

Ten years of World of Warcraft have very firmly hammered it in that it is easier to nerf the outlier than to buff literally everything else in a neverending arms race of lethality.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Seriously if you think Rosalina is too powerful, play her for a little while and encounter anyone with a projectile game. Her anti-projectile tool (Gravity Well) is useless and Luma gets shut down by any sort of projectiles.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared

FactsAreUseless posted:

Seriously if you think Rosalina is too powerful, play her for a little while and encounter anyone with a projectile game. Her anti-projectile tool (Gravity Well) is useless and Luma gets shut down by any sort of projectiles.
This. Rosalina's Gravity Well isn't any more of a "gently caress all projectiles" button than Villager's Pocket, but inexperienced players will spam it anyway thinking it is. You'd be amazed how easy it is to bait them into using it at the wrong time, leaving them entirely vulnerable to that fully-charged Charge Shot or Thoron you're packing.

Honestly, the few times I've played Rosalina, I've had more success using Gravity Well to take a projectile and smack it into the enemy at close range, using it as a projectile-based counter rather than a reflector. Welled projectiles do that loop around her for a reason!

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

SL the Pyro posted:

This. Rosalina's Gravity Well isn't any more of a "gently caress all projectiles" button than Villager's Pocket, but inexperienced players will spam it anyway thinking it is. You'd be amazed how easy it is to bait them into using it at the wrong time, leaving them entirely vulnerable to that fully-charged Charge Shot or Thoron you're packing.

Honestly, the few times I've played Rosalina, I've had more success using Gravity Well to take a projectile and smack it into the enemy at close range, using it as a projectile-based counter rather than a reflector. Welled projectiles do that loop around her for a reason!

It still has an active hitbox when it's spinning around her? News to me.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Cicadas! posted:

It still has an active hitbox when it's spinning around her? News to me.

Ive had Rosalinas pluck my Thunder bolts out of the air and slap me on the head with them. :sweatdrop:

e: She can also do this to the lasers on Corneria. I'm sure there's a video of this somewhere but it's hilarious.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Professor Layton 7 is going to be announced soon, and well, I'm going to break my promise and I'm voting twice.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

mabels big day posted:

Professor Layton 7 is going to be announced soon, and well, I'm going to break my promise and I'm voting twice.

Don't do it, don't become one of Them....

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
I have not cast my vote yet, I'm saving it for someone special.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

mabels big day posted:

don't. trust in mr. sakurai. the system works, you just have to believe

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I'm selling my ballot vote for Steam games, any takers?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

mabels big day posted:

I haven't voted so I trust you with my vote. I know you'll make good use of it.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

ChaosArgate posted:

I wanted Isaac AND Wonder Red.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
So, kinda interesting thing: http://www.smashbros.com/us/characters/mewtwo.html if you go to the bottom you can see boxes for all the characters in the game, arranged in five groups of nine (with unlockable characters all just sharing the ??? slot) and the last section, where Mewtwo is, has five empty boxes. Could just be that empty boxes look nicer than empty spaces or maybe we're gonna get 4 more characters after Lucas?

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

That's just a design thing, each dot has nine portraits and you can't slide in between, you always click between the full sets. I wouldn't read anything into it.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

It'll probably be Splatoon Girl. Watch.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I had a crisis of conscience, and voted for Impa, the amazing ally of Zelda (Ridley will be Project M).

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

I realized I could use my Wii U to get around any potential hidden "one vote per IP address" shenanigans, so to make sure my efforts aren't wasted on Tharja, I dropped in a vote for Shantae.

Three games primarily on Nintendo systems with a fourth in the works, her legacy dates back to the Game Boy Color, and her popularity has been steadily climbing with WayForward's move to digital downloads. The Japanese have started to take an interest in the series too. I honestly feel she has the highest chances out of any indie character if we're being realistic... though I won't discount the massive fanbases of Cave Story and Shovel Knight.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

SL the Pyro posted:

I realized I could use my Wii U to get around any potential hidden "one vote per IP address" shenanigans, so to make sure my efforts aren't wasted on Tharja, I dropped in a vote for Shantae.

You must be extremely horny.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

net cafe scandal posted:

You must be extremely horny.
Maaayyybe.

Seriously though, I only voted for Tharja because I didn't have any preferences and was amused by the trophy fiasco. Shantae, on the other hand, is a character I really would like to see in the game. She strikes me as a character that would be unique and tricky, and I like unique and tricky.

Incidentally:

SL the Pyro fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Apr 7, 2015

Chakram
Jun 3, 2010

by Shine
Seriously, Shantae is a great character from a great game. The fetish stuff is merely a boner bonus.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

net cafe scandal posted:

I had a crisis of conscience, and voted for Impa, the amazing ally of Zelda (Ridley will be Project M).

Hmm, I expect you to return the many steam games I have already deposited in your bank accounts, or at least refund me what I spent, the sum of ten thousand dollars

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Chakram posted:

Seriously, Shantae is a great character from a great game. The fetish stuff is merely a boner bonus.

This has zero bearing on whether or not she'll be in Smash. Same with any third party or indie character, really. Nintendo stands to gain next to nothing from including them when opposed to clone-y fan-favorites like Wolf/Roy, existing characters from older games like Snake, or characters from new IPs they could cross-promote like Splatoon girl. Isaac, Paper Mario stand a chance but since they'd be all-new movesets and playstyles it's still unlikely. Waluigi seems unlikely since his Assist Trophy is in there already and he'd require his own moveset, so he's even less likely than the previous two I mentioned.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Thanks to Aston for gifting me Skyrim.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

New patch makes Meta Knight enter free fall after any of his A air attacks as well. That's the only change.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Its cool how all of the web community polls, even the Japanese one, has K. Rool on the top winner throne, I thought he was pretty obscure. Its crazy to think that there might actually be justice for bonzibuddy64.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

net cafe scandal posted:

Its cool how all of the web community polls, even the Japanese one, has K. Rool on the top winner throne, I thought he was pretty obscure. Its crazy to think that there might actually be justice for bonzibuddy64.

I heard it was Ashley which is kind of hilarious and sad if true

If K. Rool gets in it has to be his version from 3 because that one was the hardest boss fight and not a total waste of time.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I hope that if it's K. Rool they use the pirate design from 2. His DKC1 design is straight-up bad and always has been.

bad frog
Dec 21, 2003

listen up
I could easily see them making K. Rool into a Bowser Jr. clone of sorts. He's got the cannon, could drop a claptrap for a down-b, maybe launch out of a barrel and leave a TNT one behind or something for his up-b.

Still going to pine for Bomberman though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

mind the walrus posted:

I hope that if it's K. Rool they use the pirate design from 2. His DKC1 design is straight-up bad and always has been.

I hope they use his model from DKC 3.

• Locked thread