Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Mo_Steel posted:

"Excuse me sir? Aren't the dogs stuck in a futile chase for the mechanical hare which they will actually never be able to reach?"

Also what the gently caress did you just say "gently caress it" when you got to the track portion? :geno:
And even if they did catch it, it's still a false version of the real thing.

there wolf posted:

He also apparently doesn't know what a greyhound is...

Basset hound, Grey hound, same difference.

AndyP posted:

I don't think this got posted with the rest of the #ThisGeneration nonsense a few pages back.

What a complete cock this guy is.
"Help I'm 10 and married off to a guy in his 30's for the dowry."
This (16th century) generation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

AndyP posted:

I don't think this got posted with the rest of the #ThisGeneration nonsense a few pages back.

What a complete cock this guy is.

Who's gonna tell this guy that those results are optomized for what you're probably looking for based on prior searches?

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

Spoeank posted:

Who's gonna tell this guy that those results are optomized for what you're probably looking for based on prior searches?

Nah it's an edit because he wants to make an artistic~ point.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

US Department of Health and Human Services posted:

The 2013 teen birth rate indicates a decline of ten percent from 2012 when the birth rate was 29.4 per 1,000.[1] The teen birth rate has declined almost continuously over the past 20 years. In 1991, the U.S. teen birth rate was 61.8 births for every 1,000 adolescent females, compared with 26.5 births for every 1,000 adolescent females in 2013. Still, the U.S. teen birth rate is higher than that of many other developed countries, including Canada and the United Kingdom.[2]

This is our slutty, slutty generation.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

VitalSigns posted:

Wait, what? The Iranian was telling the truth all along? The nuclear threat looks scary but if we follow where the Iranian man has lead us we'll find the solutions to all our problems?

How else do you interpret that story other than that Jack was the hero and everyone who mocked him was wrong?

Hint: in this metaphor, what colour is "Jack"'s skin?

.Edward Penischin posted:

You heard him...let's win some poo poo!

The Ku Klux Klub.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
You mean the Kool Kids Klub, right?

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Jedit posted:

Hint: in this metaphor, what colour is "Jack"'s skin?

Oh now I see.

The palace is America, the giant is Israel, and the goose is the Job Creators.

Iran has tricked Obama into unleashing their nuclear program, which he will use to loot America, murder Israel which has sheltered itself behind America's protection, and cage the Job Creators so he can confiscate their gold via endless abortions.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Call it NO Ma'am - "National Organization of Men Against Amazonian Masterhood". See if he gets the reference, and understands why the comparrison is a bad thing for him.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Gimnbo posted:

This is our slutty, slutty generation.

And 20 years ago was just a small up-tick in an overall declining trend. Teenage birth rates have been falling since the fifties, as have teen abortion rates.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Rorus Raz posted:

Just bog standard "Obama hates Israel poo poo."

Not really a meltdown. Not like his weird cuckoos in our nest poo poo.
Oh hey. Thing wot I took a photograph of the other day that made me happy:

I don't know if that's representative of every place selling passover books, but I certainly hope so.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Doesn't Saudi Arabia already have, like, 20 reactors planned in the works? First one opens in seven years, if I recall.

Oh, right. American Ally.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
Pitchfork is garbage. Love him or hate him, they gave Childish Gambino's album "Camp" a 1.6 out of 10, so they think the album is on par with drone music or a feature length presentation of pigeons farting. They're attention seeking trolls that don't care about music.

This isn't even relevant since Scientology was given tax exempt status over ten years ago but it is tax season. I guess Luckovich just saw Going Clear: Scientology and The Prison of Belief, something everyone should see, anyway.

Dailymotion is laggy and poo poo but this is currently the one version online: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2l7b1p

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

I spent a few seconds trying to figure out what "Bewdre" meant. Like, whether it was the name of some politician or whatever.

"Deep Dicking"

Abyssal Squid posted:

JR Rose! does his thing.

That was a missed opportunity. He should have followed his dreams and improved it thusly:

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Cat Mattress posted:

That was a missed opportunity. He should have followed his dreams and improved it thusly:

Still missing a speech bubble from Charlie Brown saying "I heard more doctors are retiring early because of Obamacare."

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Left side should be a "Before Lucy from Peanuts retired due to Obamacare:" with Lucy sitting behind the desk saying "I am a doctor who has not yet retired due to Obamacare" and the sign should say "The doctor is [In because she has not retired due to Obamacare]." And Charlie is sitting down in front of it saying "Gee I am glad you haven't retired due to Obamacare," holding a newspaper saying "Doctors not yet retiring due to Obamacare."

Hitler B. Natural
Feb 11, 2014

More of an illustration than a cartoon, really:

Lang now works for SOFREP, a blog by and for testosterone-soaked Spec Ops veterans, who claim to be politically neutral but inevitably supports whoever wants to kill the most people, ie any Republican other than Rand Paul. This is them weighing in on 2016 and pretending anyone cares.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Post 9-11 User posted:

This isn't even relevant since Scientology was given tax exempt status over ten years ago but it is tax season. I guess Luckovich just saw Going Clear: Scientology and The Prison of Belief, something everyone should see, anyway.

Dailymotion is laggy and poo poo but this is currently the one version online: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2l7b1p

It's been 20 years, hasn't it? But it was also in question again recently, I thought. Like, the IRS was reevaluating.

.Edward Penischin
Jun 5, 2008

People try to put us down (talking bout #ThisGeneration.)
Cause our pants are on the ground (talking bout #ThisGeneration)
Things they do look awfully sick (talking bout #ThisGeneration)
Sitting on the toilet with a selfie stick. (Talking bout #ThisGeneration)

Why do you treat me like a dog (Talking bout #ThisGeneration)
I'll write about it on my blog (Talking bout #ThisGeneration)
I'm not trying to make you gag. ( Talking bout #ThisGeneration)
Bad food good and good food bad (Talking bout #ThisGeneration)

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

albany academy posted:

pitchfork is capable of being incredibly, insanely, massively stupid

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

People try to put us down (talking bout #ThisGeneration.)
Cause our pants are on the ground (talking bout #ThisGeneration)
Things they do look awfully sick (talking bout #ThisGeneration)
Sitting on the toilet with a selfie stick. (Talking bout #ThisGeneration)

Why do you treat me like a dog (Talking bout #ThisGeneration)
I'll write about it on my blog (Talking bout #ThisGeneration)
I'm not trying to make you gag. ( Talking bout #ThisGeneration)
Bad food good and good food bad (Talking bout #ThisGeneration)

:wow:

I think there's a set of parodies of those red-background things floating around, but I'll be damned if I could suss out which is which.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

Kugyou no Tenshi posted:

It's a good thing the article doesn't actually say what pwn says it does at all, then. Murdoch was being slammed for only acknowledging whiteness, not for "being too white".
The film in question was front to back the product of Murdoch, it's semi-autobiographical. He wrote it, he cast it, he answers for it. His life is white, who knew.

Acid Haze
Feb 16, 2009

:parrot:

WarpedNaba posted:

Doesn't Saudi Arabia already have, like, 20 reactors planned in the works? First one opens in seven years, if I recall.

Oh, right. American Ally.

There has been a giant political rift between Iran and the west since the revolution for many reasons spanning back beyond WW1. I'm sure you know that, and that it's been US foreign policy to treat Iran as a hostile rogue nation for the last 36 years.

So the big deal is more about Iran being "the enemy" more than it is the Saudis being US allies.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Pitchfork put out a list of the top 100 albums of the century so far last year. I decided to listen to them in a random order and got about seven albums in before saying "gently caress this". Their short reviews of each one were insufferable.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Even that Good Cartoon a few pages back about Iran's history with the US ignores what happened to them in WW2.

They were 100% neutral, got conquered by the Brits and the Soviets just as a straight up resource grab. Iran appealed to Roosevelt and his response was pretty much "lol nope" and the whole business was very coldly cynical and evil.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Fulchrum posted:

Call it NO Ma'am - "National Organization of Men Against Amazonian Masterhood". See if he gets the reference, and understands why the comparrison is a bad thing for him.

Other options: the He-Man Woman-Hater Club or G.R.O.S.S. (Get Rid Of Slimy Girls).

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

The Local Hero is just trolling conservatives. He'll get hate mail for this one :getin:

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

PassTheRemote posted:

The Local Hero is just trolling conservatives. He'll get hate mail for this one :getin:

But no mention of father + two daughters.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Gravel Gravy posted:

But no mention of father + two daughters.

There's only so much space on a page!

Guilty Spork
Feb 26, 2011

Thunder rolled. It rolled a six.
Not Pictured: Israel's stash of nuclear bunnies buried under the yard, and America and Russia's giant palaces made of nothing but nuclear bunnies.

Tuco
Jul 24, 2006

I look good too!

La Cage aux Folles. So foreign, so exotic.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

PassTheRemote posted:

Dude seems pretty psyched about gettin' a threesome with his wife's sexy sister, while she remains skeptical. A Latuff cartoon.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

The hawk, the woodpecker, the turkey, the cuckoo, and the uh... professor... bird.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

seiferguy posted:

Dude seems pretty psyched about gettin' a threesome with his wife's sexy sister, while she remains skeptical. A Latuff cartoon.

Counterpoint, Latuff is only into devil's threesomes :colbert:

TVs Patrick Duffy
Dec 12, 2006
Pick something difficult. You know, hard to mock or whatever.

seiferguy posted:

Really cute detail that the dude gets progressively more excited.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

oddium posted:

The hawk, the woodpecker, the turkey, the cuckoo, and the uh... professor... bird.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

PassTheRemote posted:

I know the whole "Local Hero" tag comes from that photo of him in the parade but does anyone know why he was actually in it in the first place? Did he save a burning orphanage or something?

Tuco posted:

La Cage aux Folles. So foreign, so exotic.
So FRENCH!
Does zed seem like some prissy frenchman to you?

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

This is kind of like all those cartoons that use a gun (labeled gun control) pointed at America's head to represent gun control.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

No "apologies to Brett Noel"?

Seriously though, that's right up there with "Obama and Romney in college" as far as pointing out what people on different sides of the political spectrum find relatable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

SO, did Bok sit next to someone who messily ate a sandwich on a plane?

• Locked thread