Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

AsInHowe posted:

Now as always, gently caress Duke

I knew there was a reason I preferred Chapel Hill. I just didn't know why until now. :monocle:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

ufarn posted:

I love the #analysis that using "Dr." makes him look more like a Washington outsider.

+/- on Paul showing up in Perry White Rimmed Glasses before primary season is over? Im going 1/1 on it.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Is there an election podcast or something I can get daily discussion from, other than a segment or two on NPR's All Things Considered? Maybe just the Washington Post politics section?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Cliff Racer posted:

But on the other hand presidential tickets with a female lose 100 percent of the time too and there's twice as much data to back that up. I guess at least one precedent would be broken then.

On the other, other hand, Bush tickets are only 1-3(3-3 all time) in the election while Clinton tickets are 2-0(4-1 historically).

A Bag of Milk
Jul 3, 2007

I don't see any American dream; I see an American nightmare.

Gyges posted:

On the other, other hand, Bush tickets are only 1-3(3-3 all time) in the election while Clinton tickets are 2-0(4-1 historically).

Aren't Bush tickets 5-1? 1992 is the only loss with wins in 1980, 84, 88, 2000, 2004.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
2000 was a technical loss. But yes, it should be 2-2 with a 4-2 all time. I somehow didn't count 88 as a win.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Gyges posted:

2000 was a technical loss. But yes, it should be 2-2 with a 4-2 all time. I somehow didn't count 88 as a win.

No it wasn't? 80 should be counted as a loss though because Bush was in the primary but didn't win it, having to settle for VP.

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Josh Lyman posted:

Is there an election podcast or something I can get daily discussion from, other than a segment or two on NPR's All Things Considered? Maybe just the Washington Post politics section?

I listen to slate political gabfest which is weekly and also has hosts that are frankly annoying (but I still listen anyway)

There's also an ok new yorker political opinion but that too is weekly

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
SOON

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
But all is not well for Randy. The Foundation for a Secure and Prosperous America is spending $1m to air this ad 80-100 times per day this week, including $300k for :foxnews:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYSMN9X_5pY

Best part: the voice clip they used of him saying Iran isn't a threat is from him calling in to Alex Jones.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Rand presenting at Galt House Hotel is the most bingo thing in the GOP.

Zaleov
Dec 11, 2005

NAM OT NWONK AIXELSYD LABREV FO ESAC EREVES TSOM EHT EVAH UOY

Joementum posted:

But all is not well for Randy. The Foundation for a Secure and Prosperous America is spending $1m to air this ad 80-100 times per day this week, including $300k for :foxnews:

Best part: the voice clip they used of him saying Iran isn't a threat is from him calling in to Alex Jones.

They might as well just play the Daisy ad.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Monmouth National Poll

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

Rand's campaign shirts:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Wheeee posted:

Saved America from the terrorists and got revenge on Saddam for 9/11!

Defeated Saddam in '91!

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

That looks like a defense contractor logo.

MC Nietzche
Oct 26, 2004

by exmarx

CRUZMENTUM is gaining steam, wrap it up JEBailures.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
This campaign owwwwwwnnnnnnnssssss.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Wait, why does the GOP base hate Graham so much? Is it because he sometimes works on legislation with the dems to make sure at least some poo poo gets done?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

What the gently caress, Rand Paul already announced via his website. What's more, CNBC says his announcement is at 11:30am, not noon as previously reported.

edit: At 9:03am ET, his donations total $24,547.14. Should be interesting to see how it progresses throughout the day.

Josh Lyman fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Apr 7, 2015

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Grey Fox posted:

Wait, why does the GOP base hate Graham so much? Is it because he sometimes works on legislation with the dems to make sure at least some poo poo gets done?

:gay:

Lustful Man Hugs
Jul 18, 2010

Joementum posted:

What even.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Go on.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Wait, this logo wasnt a placeholder? It looks like a loving convenience store sign. 3 for 1 butterfingers, free roller dog with purchase of 10 gallons of unleaded at Rand Quick Marts Inc.

Nothing screams GOP "thoughtful" like wallpapered fake books. Theres some real pathos here.

Spaceman Future! fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Apr 7, 2015

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

This is a visual campaign that will be so easy to Photoshop.

DEFEAT THE WASHINGTON MACHINE
KILL YOU'RE PARENTS
RAND

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Joementum posted:

Call me when they have a set of Rand Paul commemorative plates.

Act now and I will buy some 9/11 commemorative coins.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Has Monmouth University always done national polling?

messagemode1
Jun 9, 2006

Wrap yourself up in His warmth.

lookoutbelow
Mar 3, 2004

Spaceman Future! posted:

Wait, this logo wasnt a placeholder? It looks like a loving convenience store sign. 3 for 1 butterfingers, free roller dog with purchase of 10 gallons of unleaded at Rand Quick Marts Inc.

Nothing screams GOP "thoughtful" like wallpapered fake books. Theres some real pathos here.

I read this as "boobs" at first. That works, too.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Gravel Gravy posted:

Call me when they have a set of Rand Paul commemorative plates.

Act now and I will buy some 9/11 commemorative coins.

http://www.zazzle.com/rand_paul_ryan_2016_presidential_election_plate-115470376377326819

two hundred and ninety two reviews? :psyduck:

Lucky duck designs... this is so meta, is there an ARG or something

lookoutbelow posted:

I read this as "boobs" at first. That works, too.

Speaking of, pretty sure that logo is actually photoshopped onto her chest.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

Spaceman Future! posted:

Well that lawn sign sure as hell looks photoshoppped.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Joementum posted:

I can't help thinking this will backfire. The only way to counteract a sane foreign policy viewpoint (which a few of Paul's views are, if in isolation) is to pretend it doesn't exist, not publicize it.

lookoutbelow
Mar 3, 2004

Spaceman Future! posted:

It sure is. Probably the dimples are, too. (not onto her chest, though. You know what I mean.)

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

AsInHowe posted:

KILL YOU'RE PARENTS
RAND

that was easy, you're right. I should have actually looked for a close font though.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Why do republicans have terrible graphic design?

Also this

Why is Ted Cruz using a tear to represent his campaign

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

that is a ridiculously overpriced and batshit crazy product

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Spaceman Future! posted:

http://www.zazzle.com/rand_paul_ryan_2016_presidential_election_plate-115470376377326819

two hundred and ninety two reviews? :psyduck:

Lucky duck designs... this is so meta, is there an ARG or something

Yes because if it's one thing conservatives like, it's change.

This plate is barely worthy of pouring an obscene amount of purple/green ketchup on.

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Why do republicans have terrible graphic design?

Also this

Why is Ted Cruz using a tear to represent his campaign

Because Republicans are the kind of group that would work with a design artist, get sent a first draft, and use it without paying the artist.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

AsInHowe posted:

KILL YOU'RE PARENTS
RAND

Looks like a pretty standard font. Guess I'll spend some time figuring out which it is specifically, because why not?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

ReidRansom posted:

that was easy, you're right. I should have actually looked for a close font though.

"You're"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Yes, that's the meme... Which I don't exactly understand in the first place, I wasn't around for that. Anyone?

• Locked thread