Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
backwards isn't racist

We're also talking about a heavily bureaucratic system. Like all this poo poo that everyone is complaining about with amiibos has already been solved by other companies like Takara and Tomy who give the licences out to toher companies to make more product and to have a list of resellers who can supply it to customers.

This poo poo only gets pulled by the Otaku-centric goods which is pretty much what amiibos fall under. They're nerd statues for nerds and Nintendo is treating them the same as majority of other japanese businesses would. Like all that limited edition vocaloid poo poo, it's the exact same thing and pain in the rear end to deal with.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Apr 7, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Bicyclops posted:

Re-read this and spend a little bit of time inside this word labyrinth and I think you will see that it is in fact you who are the dummy!

I checked again and no you're wrong, also David Bowie was there

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

dammit how do I always miss David Bowie!

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
i can write down a list of names of people who need to quit posting and it's everyone who has posted itt

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

THE PENETRATOR posted:

i can write down a list of names of people who need to quit posting and it's everyone who has posted itt

Just like World War 3, it's never going to happen.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

THE PENETRATOR posted:

Ha! Looks like you just owned yourself, the penetrator! for you also were a poster!

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

THE PENETRATOR posted:

just gas this whole loving subforum

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Excels posted:

just gas this whole loving forum

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Excels posted:

I see you have chosen the Dark Souls option.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
I enjoy noted posters Taint Reaper and Adam Bowen. They're like benign tumors that are sometimes cute, but everyone freaks the gently caress out for no valid reason.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Bicyclops posted:

Ha! Looks like you just owned yourself, the penetrator! for you also were a poster!

exactly

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Excels posted:

Most of the threads I read in this subforum are very chill and good. You guys should branch out.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!

The Taint Reaper posted:

They're running on an extremely conservative 18th century banking system, this is not a joke or an exaggeration. This is the reality of how the place functions.

If only they had an extremely mature banking system like ours, in which powerful people can make billions of dollars by conspiring to destroy the entire world economy and face literally no punishment for it.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

FactsAreUseless posted:

The only person who cares about Adam Bowen posting Rick Astley links is Adam Bowen, so I'm guessing Adam Bowen bought the title for Adam Bowen. It's a Roger a Muirebe situation.

Why would I get rid of my excellent and distinct avatar?

Excels posted:

i don't know where he posted prior to his arrival in the gamers.txt thread, but he provoked people into arguing about social justice and feminism instead of "funny poo poo gamers say" and derailed every consecutive thread until the mods just deep-six'd it. although to be fair, he was laying really dumb, easy bait and getting a ton of bites. if people had just ignored him, things might have been different

:lol:

that's not what happened. The gamers.txt thread had devolved into nothing but passive-aggressive tumbltards posting completely reasonable things that white men said and getting angry about it. I was the hero gamers.txt deserved.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Adam Bowen posted:

If only they had an extremely mature banking system like ours, in which powerful people can make billions of dollars by conspiring to destroy the entire world economy and face literally no punishment for it.

agreed unironically

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
the ending of the jinx is pretty messed up

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

The Taint Reaper posted:

The limited collector's mentality of amiibos has existed in Japan for decades, they just tried to apply it to other countries where this poo poo really doesn't happen anymore. I'm glad that I thoroughly do not give a poo poo about them.

You are as mad about Amiibos as people in Israel and Palestine are about their dead relatives. What does it look like when you actually give a poo poo about something?

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

Adam Bowen posted:

You are as mad about Amiibos as people in Israel and Palestine are about their dead relatives. What does it look like when you actually give a poo poo about something?

i can't remember the last time i actually, genuinely cared about something.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Adam Bowen posted:

that's not what happened. The gamers.txt thread had devolved into nothing but passive-aggressive tumbltards posting completely reasonable things that white men said and getting angry about it. I was the hero gamers.txt deserved.

Dude you posted that giant rant that game dev's bitter ex posted on the forums after the mods deleted the thread and insisted everyone take notice and discuss this very serious issue of abuse and corruption. You're the worst.

Excels posted:

i don't know where he posted prior to his arrival in the gamers.txt thread, but he provoked people into arguing about social justice and feminism instead of "funny poo poo gamers say" and derailed every consecutive thread until the mods just deep-six'd it. although to be fair, he was laying really dumb, easy bait and getting a ton of bites. if people had just ignored him, things might have been different

As usual with these sorts of threads, once he got the ball rolling, people crawled out of their FYAD holes to join in on the bad posting, making it really difficult to ignore.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Lurdiak posted:

Dude you posted that giant rant that game dev's bitter ex posted on the forums after the mods deleted the thread and insisted everyone take notice and discuss this very serious issue of abuse and corruption. You're the worst.

I posted it before the thread was deleted because it was funny. I hadn't even actually read it, it was just a gigantic effort post about a crazy dude and his crazy girlfriend that was funny as poo poo.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I really wish I knew what I'm doing that makes youtube think I want to watch Sargon of Akkad videos.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
I've been clicking all of Bowen's posts and I haven't gotten a rick roll, please help.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Contest Winner posted:

I've been clicking all of Bowen's posts and I haven't gotten a rick roll, please help.

I think this might help

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Adam Bowen posted:

If you're going to make a comparison using the middle east you should have went with " I just left my mudhut to take a crap in a ditch that used to be my neighbor's yard and a missile just blew up my hut with my mother inlaw inside and I am so glad that i dodged this bullet"

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
So is Adam Bowen a non-ironic gamergate shitheel who collects children's toys that are proof that 30 year old weebs know how to fix the japanese banking system or what, this conversation is hard to follow

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
The moral is japan is hosed up and retarded and all their bad poo poo needs to stay where it belongs and you should savor the agony of the amiibo guys.

seriously 50 bucks buys you 4 lovely amiibos when you could buy much better poo poo like this

http://www.tfw2005.com/resources/combiner-wars-decepticons-621/megatron-leader-7437/

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

The Taint Reaper posted:

The moral is japan is hosed up and retarded and all their bad poo poo needs to stay where it belongs and you should savor the agony of the amiibo guys.

seriously 50 bucks buys you 4 lovely amiibos when you could buy much better poo poo like this

http://www.tfw2005.com/resources/combiner-wars-decepticons-621/megatron-leader-7437/

Sure, I won't buy Nintendo's stupid toys but buy some other stupid toys because I'm a big dumb babby who bases his spending habits on what someone on the Internet said. I would buy that Megatron unironically and proudly display it next to my original Picasso as it should be classed as high art.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

kind of late here but if you guys don't want to go to the DMV often you should move to AZ because your license will be valid for 50 years

if i wanted i could use the license i got when i was 16 until i was 66

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

i can't wait until 3d printing develops far enough that you can just make your own lovely little statues and action figures and anime waifus so the world supply of useless manchild crap tanks, we will all be better off

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Hog Inspector posted:

i can't wait until 3d printing develops far enough that you can just make your own lovely little statues and action figures and anime waifus so the world supply of useless manchild crap tanks, we will all be better off

You do know that actual children also buy them right

Like, I don't know what your perception of gaming in 2015 is, but it's legitimately not entirely comprised of 20-something straight white manchildren like the internet seems to think (just mostly)

edit: This post sounds like I'm saying Nintendo games are for children but actually I'm saying all games are for children and we're all just wasting our lives

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

CJacobs posted:

Like, I don't know what your perception of gaming in 2015 is, but it's legitimately not entirely comprised of 20-something straight white manchildren like the internet seems to think (just mostly)

edit: This post sounds like I'm saying Nintendo games are for children but actually I'm saying all games are for children and we're all just wasting our lives

Those 20 somethings beat up said children so they can buy the amiibos first.

This isn't a joke this is worse than when the CIA introduced crack cocaine into the ghettos and slums.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

CJacobs posted:

i meant value, not supply. bad wording on my part

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Hog Inspector posted:

i meant value, not supply. bad wording on my part

In that case fair enough. If there's something collectible, you know manchildren will jump on it. It's just that with amiibos they're not the only ones that want them.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Hog Inspector posted:

Yeah, that's not how the sad otaku manchild market works.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Nintendo sent out a letter explaining that amiibos of your favorite character shall be remade for every series/game release that they appear in and that each amiibo series line will be completely independent from each with their own numbering system.

You can also feel free to purchase the World of Nintendo figures from Jax Pacific which also feature almost all of your favorite characters

They're not understanding the whole supply/demand thing still

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Adam Bowen posted:

I think this might help

Thank you.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
whats the haps

Mr Underhill
Feb 14, 2012

Not picking that up.
Hey guys, I hope I'm in the right thread. Can anyone recommend me a game similar to this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuZUJKUHJjE

...preferably on PS4. THanks!

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
should i get a white or black ps4 because the bloodborne/the order bundle is the same price in either colour

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I hear the white confers special privileges, so I'd go with that.

• Locked thread