Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Elman posted:

I shouldn't need to go back or pretend to be going in a different direction just to fool the guy I just killed while he gets free vision around his corpse.

Why? Everybody does this to possibly give the enemy wrong information with regards to your whereabouts. It's a viable tactic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Turk February posted:

Why? Everybody does this to possibly give the enemy wrong information with regards to your whereabouts. It's a viable tactic.

It breaks my immersion :bahgawd:

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^
Question: "What do you think about the new AWP update?"
"I'm fine with it, nothing that affects me in the whole to be honest - Even tho it sucks abit with the autosniper ;)"

Question: "Do you think Valve i heading towards the right direction with the last update and former updates?"
"Yes."

Question: "When you can change one thing (only one) in CS:GO what would it be?"
"I have no idea, I like how it is now.. Pistols could be nerfed tho?"

Question: "What do you think is the most blatant problem currently in CS:GO?"
"I don't know to be honest, there has been alot of different updates since the begínning of GO - Some has been good, some bad - But in the whole general point of view, I think the most updates are fine. Like, I do like the new update even tho alot of people complains, but sometimes u have to just "adapt" on how the things are and be 'fine' with it if you ask me. I'd love to get back when you could actually run'n'spray update tho.. ;)"

Question: "What do you think about the current status of the competitive map pool? What is your favourite map, and your least favourite, and why?"
"I'm actually 'kinda' okay how it is now, even tho they have removed (train - best map before) and now nuke (my other favorite map) :((( But I'm really looking forward to see how the new train will be played, going to be cool. My favorite map before was cbble/cpl_fire and nowadays cobblestone! And the least one, Not sure to be honest. I don't like dust2 time to time!"

get_right more like not_right!!!

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
loving Swedes don't know poo poo.

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why
fav map cbble just like me =]

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Preach

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Yeah, I was watching PGL today and it was crazy how often teams went for SMGs.

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

I like retakes but also hate retakes because i feel like I'm just learning the close spawns and how to spam them without any intel

spootime
Oct 31, 2010
gently caress off with your bullshit get_right

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

Xenaero posted:

If you can aim expertly enough with the deagle to somehow justify it over any other pistol buy, then you should be firmly in rifleville.

Yeah, but rifles don't make other people whine when they get killed with them(as much).

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed
simple buff to rifles and also t side is double the accuracy on only the first tap of every main rifle (m4a4, m4a1, ak) and since the AK one taps it'll be a buff to T side while rifles will be better in general. Also 1.6 had much more accurate first shot AK than this game iirc. Would be a welcome change and I've heard pro players mentioning this in the past

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Soon enough SMGs are going to be better than rifles in close range engagements and the world is going to end.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
Nah, they're saving that card for when you can regularly outsnipe AWPers with a Sawed-Off.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
I was just ahead of the curve with my run and gun P90 love. Right now it feels like MP7/P90 and M4A1-S are by far the best gun choices in most situations, AK if you can 1 tap but lol even pros can't reliably 1 tap AK in this game.

Akumos fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Apr 7, 2015

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed

Akumos posted:

I was just ahead of the curve with my run and gun P90 love. Right now it feels like MP7/P90 and M4A1-S are by far the best gun choices in most situations, AK if you can 1 tap but lol even pros can't reliably 1 tap AK in this game.

thats because the ak can actually miss with perfect aim a lot of ranges and the head hitbox is narrow

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
https://fat.gfycat.com/HastyGlitteringBovine.webm

DareToSlack
Aug 24, 2006
I'm not gay, but $20 is $20.
Hit nova 1, celebrated with my first ever clutch ace.

Anyone willing to review the replay of that game for me? We barely won 16-14 against a smurf who dropped 40 on us, and I'd love some feedback on what I could be doing better.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

DareToSlack posted:

Hit nova 1, celebrated with my first ever clutch ace.

Anyone willing to review the replay of that game for me? We barely won 16-14 against a smurf who dropped 40 on us, and I'd love some feedback on what I could be doing better.

After only looking at your ace, I'd suggest that when you were running to A main and you threw that flashbang, I would have banked it off the left corner of the entrance to A main, that way it'll go in front of you and you can pop right in after it and take out anyone who might be caught off guard.

I'll take a look at your demo now since I'm bored.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Aside from that godawful nuke match that followed it was a pretty decent night for CS, slowly crawling my way back to Badge

For real, nuke is and always has been loving trash

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
i got more frags than that before

e: heisneberf, for shame..........

Tetramin fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Apr 7, 2015

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

:saddowns:

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

DareToSlack posted:

TERRORIST:

Round 2: It's good that you were pre-firing those common CT rush spots in B, but your teammates were bad and had a lot of trouble killing that other CT and were all really hurt in the process. What you could have done better was when all of you were holding the site, you kept trying to peak out and get the last frag. Don't do this. It is now your job to protect that site, not get into a bunch of 1v1 battles. Make that last CT come to you and not the other way around.

Round 3: Use your ears. You can clearly hear that someone is pushing from B, yet you stand right out in the open waiting to get your head blown off, which you do. There were several corners that you could have used for cover, or even better yet, stay behind them and catch that pushing CT off guard and kill him as he runs by.

Round 5: I don't know what the hell you were doing on this round. Another save round (except for one galil...?), but instead of sticking with your team you decide to take a defensive position far away from the rest of them. You then see a CT coming from B, and I'm assuming you relayed that information to them, but what do you do after that? Nothing. You just ADAD back and forth in spawn and slowly make your way to B main after that CT flanks your team and kills one of your teammates instead of going to regroup. Once that is over you take the bomb with your hurt teammate to B and intend on making as much noise as possible, including shooting out vents for some unknown reason. All that's doing is alerting the enemy team to your position, as well as wasting precious round time for you to try and at least get the bomb down, which is the main objective of any eco round.

Round 6: I don't know why you feel the need to try and make as much noise as humanly possible. After coming up highway and making your way into A you come across an enemy with low HP. Obviously you both know you're there, but instead of trying to conceal your position that is very close to him in a 1on1 situation you just stomp around like a drat elephant. You're lucky that your teammate was there to distract him, because he could have easily taken your head off with a well placed pre-fire.

Round 8: You are broke as gently caress. Don't waste what little you have on a P90 when two of your teammates can easily drop you a rifle. Tell those shitheads that you need a drop so you can get armor and nades. You guys try to go for the A take, but the entire team just ends up sitting in A main and trying to trade kills and do a horrible job at it. Either you go or you back off and come up with another plan.

Round 11: You and your teammate (who had an AWP) had B site no problem. Now it's just time for you to hold it, but like I mentioned earlier you insist on trying to get out there and be the hero by getting kills when at that very moment is not your main priority. Because of this you got caught out in the open with two enemies firing at you and having to retreat, letting them converge on the site and kill your teammate, then kill you and get the easy defuse. STAY HIDDEN AND PEAK ONLY WHEN NECESSARY!

COUNTER-TERRORIST:

Round 16: This might not be exactly your fault as your dumbass teammates over in B/mid could be giving you bad calls, but you are floating too far away from A when it's obvious that the T's are going to try to take your site, and once you went to check on mid one too many times they rushed out and got control of it. Unless you see a bunch of enemies or bomb on radar, stay in your designated position.

Round 18: You got hosed hard by your dipshit teammate scouting in vents to checkers, so there really wasn't much you could have done. If that happens to you again then I'd try and flank hard through T mid to B main and see what you can do there to pincer them in and try and regroup with your team rather than putting yourself through the vent meatgrinder.

Round 19: You and your teammate had the bomb after a successful push through A main. After that smoke you should have set up a defensive crossfire rather than travelling all the way back to A and getting killed.

Round 24: Now THAT'S how you eco. Just keep doing that from now on.

FINAL THOUGHTS:

There are a lot of little things that you can do to improve your game, one which I will really harp on is STOP loving RUNNING EVERYWHERE! There is a Walk function for a reason and I don't think I saw you use it once. Every time you sprint like an Olympian all your doing is giving your enemies information as to where you are, so get some creep to you, for gods sake. Also, this is aimed at your team in general, but as T's you guys split up far too often, and even when you would get picks it would take forever for all of you to regroup and take a site, giving the enemy team ample time to rotate and gently caress your faces for taking so drat long. Also pay attention to your teams economy. You were broke on several rounds and instead of trying to get one of your rich teammates to buy you a decent weapon you throw your cash away on some dumb poo poo that you usually would end up dying with.

That's all for now. I'm sure there was more, but I'm tired.

A TURGID FATSO fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Apr 7, 2015

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

Ricky Bad Posts posted:

i got more frags than that before

e: heisneberf, for shame..........

All of my kills were with the MP7. Thanks Valve.

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^

same

FakeBlood
Oct 23, 2008

Alive and kicking.
bizon hype 2015 silver 4 supremacy come to de_mirage for an rear end kicking

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Elman posted:

It breaks my immersion :bahgawd:

Ah the glory days of competitive mp_fadetoblack 1 where you really didn't want to die because then you had to watch a blank screen for about 20 minutes per game.

I do think they could speed up the deathcam though, unless it's some poo poo setting I have. It takes like 15s before I can take control of a bot/switch views etc.

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

Uh it's been a while... Wtf am I looking at here?

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Anti-Stumble unit is fail!

Jeza posted:

I do think they could speed up the deathcam though, unless it's some poo poo setting I have. It takes like 15s before I can take control of a bot/switch views etc.

press your spacebar

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
Because I have bad impulse control and apparently nothing better to do, I watched Thorin's video about the new awp changes, and the amount of vitriol, tears and "THE GAME IS RUINED" is pretty drat hilarious to listen to. He also had a fedora-worthy five minute rant against the poor silver noob strawman that valve apparently listens to before they make all their changes

Awesome Welles posted:

For real, nuke is and always has been loving trash

One man's trash is another man's treasure. :saddowns:

I'm happy to see that the amount of players and queue times on nuke hasn't changed much since the patch, but I guess it'll probably be a slow death as it falls off the map rotation elsewhere.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984
Speaking of trash: the new Train confuses the poo poo out of me and I hate it.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Jeza posted:

Ah the glory days of competitive mp_fadetoblack 1 where you really didn't want to die because then you had to watch a blank screen for about 20 minutes per game.

I'm fine with letting people see their teammates' cameras, that doesn't provide new info and it's the same thing you could do if you were in a lan party. But having ghost enemies staring at you that you can't do anything about is kinda dumb. I've seen some ridiculous wallbangs happen because of that.

Norton
Feb 18, 2006

Elman posted:

I'm fine with letting people see their teammates' cameras, that doesn't provide new info and it's the same thing you could do if you were in a lan party. But having ghost enemies staring at you that you can't do anything about is kinda dumb. I've seen some ridiculous wallbangs happen because of that.

Technically you shouldn't be able to say anything because you are dead, so all calls after you die are ghost calls.

Once you learn to always fake the death cam of people you kill, it's just one more way to own the noobs.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Bohemian Nights posted:

Because I have bad impulse control and apparently nothing better to do, I watched Thorin's video about the new awp changes, and the amount of vitriol, tears and "THE GAME IS RUINED" is pretty drat hilarious to listen to. He also had a fedora-worthy five minute rant against the poor silver noob strawman that valve apparently listens to before they make all their changes

One man's trash is another man's treasure. :saddowns:

Tbf the game is poo poo right now and it's because of Valve. Like it's really really bad. This is coming from someone who defended GO during beta/release. Valve is a bad dev and they should just hire some pros/ex-pros to fix it.

Too bad no one else has developed a successful competing game to force Valves hand.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

Without any level of hyperbole I am drat sure this SMG buff is far worse than the Tec-9 buff. It is like playing CoD. Right now I would almost buy an MP7 over an M4 at the same price because of moving accuracy, tagging, and kill bonus.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Yeah as cod trash a new player I have to force myself not to use SMGs so I can actually learn. It's just too easy to run and gun and pretend it's like any other shooter instead of using AK/M4/AWP and playing slow and deliberately, which is what makes CS unique.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Elman posted:

Yeah as cod trash a new player I have to force myself not to use SMGs so I can actually learn. It's just too easy to run and gun and pretend it's like any other shooter instead of using AK/M4/AWP and playing slow and deliberately, which is what makes CS unique.

I have been playing this dumb game series on and off since its first incarnation, and I am completely fine with other weapons than those three being viable!

mcvey posted:

Tbf the game is poo poo right now

I've been having fun with it, and the pro matches I've seen since the patch hasn't appeared to have suffered especially, so I dunno!

e: I'm certainly not saying it's perfect in its current state, and I wouldn't even be bothered if valve rolled back the patch changes or tweaked the game in other ways, but implying that the game is suddenly ruined because people have to adapt to change is hyperbolic to the extreme!

Bohemian Nights fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Apr 7, 2015

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"

mcvey posted:

Tbf the game is poo poo right now and it's because of Valve. Like it's really really bad. This is coming from someone who defended GO during beta/release. Valve is a bad dev and they should just hire some pros/ex-pros to fix it.

Too bad no one else has developed a successful competing game to force Valves hand.

We had this. It was called CS PRO MOD and it was poo poo.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Buck Turgidson posted:

Uh it's been a while... Wtf am I looking at here?

It's the crouch-scoped-run glitch that came out in the latest update. Apparently you can crouch and scope in and you'll move at full speed (also something to do with moving at normal speed when anyone in the server crouches and faster when they stand up). So basically with the snipers you can zoom around like a goddamned facehugger tagging bitches left and right.

Burgo
Jun 1, 2008

mcvey posted:

This is coming from someone who defended GO during beta/release.

jesus christ. the beta was the loving worst.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Evil Red Wings Owner Wario Lemieux Steals Stanley Cup
I don't understand all of the SMG hate here. Why should the entire group of guns be useless?

Nerf pistols; only one that should be able to one tap is the deagle. Reduce long distance accuracy of 5-7 and Tec9

Keep SMGs as-is. They should be the best choice for close-range encounters, and the current buffs make them that way. Get rid of the extra cash bonus.

Shotguns are fine. Keep the 300% cash bonus as an incentive over an SMG for close-range play.

Bunch of babbys in here. SMGs still take 4, 5, 6 rounds to take someone out. Any rifle will take a target down in 1-3.

• Locked thread