Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

GreyPowerVan posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-xi-W-lGO0

If it doesn't work, go to 2:26. The Aphromoves :v:

holy gently caress 0:33 is absolutely brutal good loving night Amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Alcatrash posted:

Rekkles jumped off Fnatic as soon as he got the chance, and spent only two weeks in the Alliance roster before publicly complaining about his own team. Why would Fnatic want him back at all, when their current roster is working out great, and is apparently pretty drama free?

Yeah I hope they don't take him back.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmPpUKH61kM for the quarterfinals.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

Incarnation: now I know why it is that you sometimes don't own noobs.
Riot: crying
Incarnation: but it is something that I can never do.

I don't want to just empty quote this but it was extremely good.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Alcatrash posted:

Rekkles jumped off Fnatic as soon as he got the chance, and spent only two weeks in the Alliance roster before publicly complaining about his own team. Why would Fnatic want him back at all, when their current roster is working out great, and is apparently pretty drama free?

He jumped off the team that had the Soaz, Peke, Cyanide trio of not giving a gently caress veteran players. That really has nothing to do with the current lineup.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

I realize that solo queue accounts are not indicative of what may or may not be played in the LCS... except for Lemonations. But Rush has some... odd jungle choices. Right now he's in a game with sneaky as a smitey Yasuo.. and he's pulled out a jungle Twitch previously.

I feel like he's practicing his cheese for TSM, or just trying to throw Locodoco off.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I was probuilds skimming today and saw that Meteos played jungle Gnar like over a dozen games in the last few days

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

OP.gg has him with a LOT of Gragas in the past few days.

And a perfect jungle malphite last week (with Balls I think)

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

Lemon's been practicing his support Kennen as well.

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
Loco wrote a thing about CLG's coaching/etc on TL's site

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Admoon posted:

Lemon's been practicing his support Kennen as well.

Support Kennen is poo poo in a 2v2 lane but C9 very well doesn't have to worry about that do they :v:

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010

rabidsquid posted:

Support Kennen is poo poo in a 2v2 lane but C9 very well doesn't have to worry about that do they :v:

I'm honestly confused what support Kennen is supposed to do, since he's always kinds struck me as one of the most gold-reliant champions in the game to not be complete trash because his base damages are bad and he's really gotta go in to do anything so he needs some tank, too. Slicing Maelstrom is nowhere near reliable enough CC to warrant taking a support who basically only exists as a walking ultimate every minute and a half. If that was good enough for supports these days Sona'd still be pick/ban.

This isn't the first time people have tried rolling this either- last time the meta was really tanky I kept hearing about this secret support Kennen thing but it mostly just ended with ninja yordle bits strewn around the Rift whenever I saw it.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan
In a 2v1 context I can kinda see it. Ken has stupid mean harass against a single nonmage target, since he can sit within the creepline and just press W on CD starting from like level 5 and force a meleer to back or die. Otherwise though...I don't know, really.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?

Flameingblack posted:

Replacing Sneaky is a lateral at best, he's just as good as Forg1ven but his team isn't quite at his level.

Lol the poo poo people in this thread smoke about Sneaky. Sneaky is very good, maybe the best in NA. Forgiven is the best in the west by far. Forgiven has good enough mechanics that he can kind of make miracles happen.

Calax posted:

OP.gg has him with a LOT of Gragas in the past few days.

And a perfect jungle malphite last week (with Balls I think)

Apparently some people think Gragas is the next big competitive pick, but if so I'm surprised it didn't make it in to the quarters. He does fit the bill of tanky shitlord who does damage which is the current requirement for junglers.

Disinterested fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Apr 7, 2015

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

Disinterested posted:

Lol the poo poo people in this thread smoke about Sneaky. Sneaky is very good, maybe the best in NA. Forgiven is the best in the west by far. Forgiven has good enough mechanics that he can kind of make miracles happen.

Apparently some people think Gragas is the next big competitive pick, but if so I'm surprised it didn't make it in to the quarters. He does fit the bill of tanky shitlord who does damage which is the current requirement for junglers.

People mostly mean that lemon hai and balls are underperforming while sneaky is consistently solid. If C9 wants to replace people sneaky is second to last only because NA and EU don't have a jungler better than meteos available

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Apprentice Dick posted:

People mostly mean that lemon hai and balls are underperforming while sneaky is consistently solid. If C9 wants to replace people sneaky is second to last only because NA and EU don't have a jungler better than meteos available

Amazing is a free agent, maybe MEteos is going to have surgery too...

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

Apprentice Dick posted:

Obviously you should never ever consider replacing Sneaky on C9, to me it's insanity to consider that. On the other hand, you never know what the internal situation is - imo it would be believable that Meteos/Sneaky were mad at Hai and Balls for being shitlords this split. It's the pure statement that Sneaky is as good as Forgiven that irks me. Having said that, the power balance of SK's team is quite similar to C9 ATM - the ADC is now the main carry, with top/jungle/mid sharing the remainder of the carry performances.

I don't see this C9 unit breaking up just yet, incarnati0n rumours notwithstanding.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Unironically saying Sneaky is equal to Forgiven is why it's so much fun to make fun of C9

rabidsquid fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Apr 7, 2015

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
Sneaky is better than Forgiven until I've seen the latter play more than three champions. Forgiven is better mechanicswise, but Sneaky can do anything you need him to do, whereas I don't think I've ever seen a good Jinx or Kog from the Greek yet.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

Transient People posted:

Ambition is better than Dade until I've seen the latter play more than three champions. Dade is better mechanicswise, but Ambition can do anything you need him to do, whereas I don't think I've ever seen a good Nidalee or Orianna from the TF God yet.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Replace Ambition with an actually great midlaner of the time and I'd actually totally agree with that. It's really important to have a champion pool deep enough that you can't ban out the player, only the strats. Forgiven's IEM performance still sticks out to me because he really shouldn't have done as poorly as he did off his comfort picks.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

Transient People posted:

Replace Ambition with an actually great midlaner of the time and I'd actually totally agree with that. It's really important to have a champion pool deep enough that you can't ban out the player, only the strats. Forgiven's IEM performance still sticks out to me because he really shouldn't have done as poorly as he did off his comfort picks.

SK didn't lose for reasons to do with his champ picks, they lost because SK's map play is one dimensional. Forgiven is actually good at other AD's, as well.

Also, the example I gave you would have been super relevant not that long ago. You can be fine with a small number of champions if you are a murderer on all of them.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Depends on whether the enemy team can afford to ban you out or not, really. If there's a couple bullshit broken picks that you just cannot give up or your team's comfort champions are absolutely terrifying, you're fine. If you're in the uncomfortable position of being the main carry and not always having good backup...you really, REALLY need a broad pool. I'm never sure whether to say Forgiven has good backup or not, because Fox and Fredy are solid but sometimes have the weirdest lackluster games. It's a toss of the dice, really...and if I was SK's coach, while I'd certainly want to replace Nrated first and foremost to have a proper vision game, I'd also make sure Forgiven could get to his usual level on not-Lucian and not-Graves.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

Nrated's champion pool is Lulu and that is the whole champion diversity problem on SK at the moment for sure. He should go at some point before it starts to hold back SK severely domestically, which I predict it will in summer.

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

rabidsquid posted:

Amazing is a free agent, maybe MEteos is going to have surgery too...

Amazing is on Origen with XPeke and they will most likely make it to EU LCS after dominating challenger series. Otherwise if foreign talent is brought in I think Hai and Balls are higher priority, unless Spirit, Dandy, Arrow or Kakao are free agents wanting to come to NA. Hell get Shiptur off DIg and its an upgrade from Hai. Also they need to step up with a better coach because p/b weakness is becoming more obvious as time goes on.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

Apprentice Dick posted:

Hell get Shiptur off DIg and its an upgrade from Hai.

Shiptur is not that much better than Hai in any dimension, and definitely not enough of an improvement to cancel out the massive loss of Hai's shotcalling.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I remember when Reginald said Dade sucked and then Dade did suck because his in meta champ pool was Zed and Zed alone.

A lot like Hai in hindsight actually.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Hypocrisy posted:

I remember when Reginald said Dade sucked and then Dade did suck because his in meta champ pool was Zed and Zed alone.

A lot like Hai in hindsight actually.

Dade is weird, he's very streaky. But his champion pool really hasn't been small since season 3 worlds, he plays pretty much everything.

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama
Sneaky has looked really out of place in this new tank meta and some od his recent performances have been amongst the worst I've seen from him. With that being said, he has actually managed to look good in international competition even while his team craters around him. He doesn't have any interest in out of meta picks or old favorites. He's playing urgot now because it appears to be a strong pick. He doesn't even seem to enjoy it, but he's putting the time in.

Is unforgiven better mechanically? Sure. Is he a better player overall? No, he hasn't proven that by a long shot.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Sneaky is probably the last person I would take off of Cloud 9.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

Jayisspecial posted:

Sneaky has looked really out of place in this new tank meta and some od his recent performances have been amongst the worst I've seen from him.

I think the forgiving response to this is that ADCs are at a loving all-time low ebb of power in this meta and it's bad for everyone. I think it will be OK as I think Kogmaw comps are still good and Sneaky is a good Kog.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Hmm...I wouldn't say ADCs are particularly weak right now, mechanically speaking. It's just that multi-supertank teams are pretty much designed to gently caress ADCs over because the more midgame oriented ADCs can't pump out enough damage to take down the tanks before their team gets rocked while the hypercarries get dove really hard with no recourse. The traditional counter to so many tanks is putting in a bunch of bruisers, but between them all being nerfed and toplane no longer being a guaranteed source of good income, that's just not an option (and nobody wants bruiser buffs either). Some sort of alternative solution is needed, really. Maybe if Ryze and Azir came back into meta...

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

Transient People posted:

Hmm...I wouldn't say ADCs are particularly weak right now, mechanically speaking. It's just that multi-supertank teams are pretty much designed to gently caress ADCs over

Exactly what I meant.

quote:

Some sort of alternative solution is needed, really. Maybe if Ryze and Azir came back into meta...

So your solution to tanky bruisers with 3000 hp and 200 armour is an AP hypercarry with 3000 hp and 200 armour and an AP hypercarry who effectively makes ADC's obselete?

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010
If I were C9 I wouldn't be looking to replace Sneaky with anyone but a known and confirmed better- he's the only really consistent performer on C9 right now. Forgiven is a lot of things but he hasn't played much at top level in years now. Give him a season rutting around in the Challenger circuit or something and make sure he can play consistently at a level that warrants replacing the centerpiece of your current team.

Honestly, with C9 bouncing back from their terrible start this split I would hold off on making any changes to their roster. Even Hai's looked pretty good in their last few games and C9 might be resurging, although I suppose if the main concern is that C9 isn't ready for the world stage that's probably true. But you'll need to replace just about every spoke in that wheel to get it into that shape except Sneaky.

The solution to tanky bruisers with 3000 HP and 200 armor is the return of % damage. Jungle Mundo, Elise where are you, your meta is calling!

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

More sustained MDPS sources that aren't complete poo poo, really. Right now you have pretty much AP Kog and Cassiopeia (and vladimir but lolvlad), with maybe Karthus as an outside pick if the other team is really bad at dealing with a super slow scaling champion. Both Ryze and Azir had the ability to hit a point where the damage they pumped out couldn't just be ignored by grabbing an Aegis without having to give up all map control for 30 minutes, which is really important for cracking the supertank meta.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

Mr. Locke posted:

Forgiven is a lot of things but he hasn't played much at top level in years now. Give him a season rutting around in the Challenger circuit or something and make sure he can play consistently at a level that warrants replacing the centerpiece of your current team.

Let me tell you about this magical team that won the EU LCS regular season in dominant form called SK gaming.

Transient People posted:

More sustained MDPS sources that aren't complete poo poo, really. Right now you have pretty much AP Kog and Cassiopeia (and vladimir but lolvlad), with maybe Karthus as an outside pick if the other team is really bad at dealing with a super slow scaling champion. Both Ryze and Azir had the ability to hit a point where the damage they pumped out couldn't just be ignored by grabbing an Aegis without having to give up all map control for 30 minutes, which is really important for cracking the supertank meta.

Vlad is much stronger than Cassio and AP Kog in competitive right now, which would be apparent if he hadn't been played by noted bedwetters CLG.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
The solution is to just play more tanks than the other team and just run them over with a slow plodding fight. It sounds like I'm joking but that really seems to be the most effective global strategy on this entire patch.

C9 will get relegated or disband before Meteos or Sneaky gets replaced. Suggesting it is pure insanity. Those guys are both irreplaceable on that team.

I think the main problem I have with the team (aside from anything others have already written) is that they transparently focus on one or two picks per weaker member on every patch. It always seems like you can ban out 2 or 3 of their "pocket picks", none of which are secret because they play them overwhelmingly in solo queue for weeks at a time before major events, and then once you ban those champions out you seem to take a huge piece away from Cloud 9's draft. Cloud 9 used to out draft everybody, that was their main advantage over their competition, and now it doesn't seem like they out draft many equal tier teams at all. It also doesn't seem like they practice very much on standard picks, but obviously I don't know what they do in scrimmages or what behind the scenes stuff dictates these choices.

Like right now if I was playing against Cloud 9 I'd ban Rumble (Balls only signature champion and very good in this meta), Gnar (Meteos has been practicing it in the jungle relentlessly and Balls plays it well too), and Kennen (Both solo laners and Lemon Nation have been playing it a bunch). The thing is that I can't really remember a time when you couldn't just look at Cloud 9's recent picks and easily determine what to ban against them. They used to be a complete wild card in every draft and now they all seem to have really shallow champion pools and really predictable in drafts.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

Libertine posted:

Like right now if I was playing against Cloud 9 I'd ban Rumble (Balls only signature champion and very good in this meta), Gnar (Meteos has been practicing it in the jungle relentlessly and Balls plays it well too), and Kennen (Both solo laners and Lemon Nation have been playing it a bunch). The thing is that I can't really remember a time when you couldn't just look at Cloud 9's recent picks and easily determine what to ban against them. They used to be a complete wild card in every draft and now they all seem to have really shallow champion pools and really predictable in drafts.

I would do this when I was first pick and pick Zed or play Urgot in to Zed. On the other side I would consider banning Zed and picking in to a favourable matchup with what you leave open. But I feel like C9 may either pick Urgot with Zed to prevent the counter, if it's up, and otherwise will continue generally prioritise Zed. Zed knocks the poo poo out of Hai so IMO it's still worth it - there is no other player on C9 who can be neutralised so much with just 1 ban.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
I'm reticent to say too much about C9 before seeing them in playoffs, but I think that their lack of pick diversity is a big problem. It's mostly ballz and hai, they have very limited champ pools and neither of them are nearly as capable in lane as they were last season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Disinterested posted:

I would do this when I was first pick and pick Zed or play Urgot in to Zed. On the other side I would consider banning Zed and picking in to a favourable matchup with what you leave open. But I feel like C9 may either pick Urgot with Zed to prevent the counter, if it's up, and otherwise will continue generally prioritise Zed. Zed knocks the poo poo out of Hai so IMO it's still worth it - there is no other player on C9 who can be neutralised so much with just 1 ban.

Only reason I wouldn't auto-ban Zed forever against C9 is that I don't think he's as powerful on this patch as he has been in the past (Zed the champion I mean, not Hai in particular) and there are more than one viable counter-pick options which can shut him down and which can work compositionally better than Zed can. If you go into a draft against C9 and you think you are sure that if you leave Zed unbanned that they will first pick it, then you can build an entire composition quite easily around countering that while having an overall stronger team fight.

• Locked thread