Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
univbee
Jun 3, 2004

LG just issued a press release and may have accidentally revealed that Apple intends to release an 8K iMac later this year. :eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

univbee posted:

LG just issued a press release and may have accidentally revealed that Apple intends to release an 8K iMac later this year. :eyepop:
LG supplies aple with their displays so rumor level: probably true

but also: lol iphone 6 is a bighone

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

LG supplies aple with their displays

not for long

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

microsoft is spamming devs on twitter

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

univbee posted:

lol people that bought the 5k imac gonna be pissed

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

I think it's a typo

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Beeftweeter posted:

lol people that bought the 5k imac gonna be pissed

They paid $3k for a 5K iMac, that adds up to 8K right there I don't see the problem :colbert:

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

Raskin had one problem: Jobs regarded him as an insufferable theorist or, to use Jobs's own more precise terminology, "a shithead who sucks".

PleasureKevin posted:

I think it's a typo

yes it is actually 8km iMac

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Microsoft cut the price of their poo poo-you-can-get-for-free-elsewhere bundle of Skype credits + Xbox live + Office to $149 per year

which I guess means demand is low

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

8K gold iMac

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
i ❤️ my 5k imac

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

univbee posted:

8K gold iMac

:barf:

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Sniep posted:

i ❤️ my 5k imac

a good computer

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

PleasureKevin posted:

Microsoft cut the price of their poo poo-you-can-get-for-free-elsewhere bundle of Skype credits + Xbox live + Office to $149 per year

i wonder if the brick making GBS threads has started now that they see demand for their services will fall far short of revenue they used to make from windows and office

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

lol that they're bundling xbox live with office

'microsoft is all about productivity now! also naked big titty blue video game ladies. can't forget those."

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

one day someone at ms will realise that they make office 365 / onedrive for business and they also make windows server which has file services, and somehow make them integrate with each other.

lol j/k it's ms.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

won't somebody think of the naked big titty blue video game ladies‽

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

duTrieux. posted:

yeah, me. all day every day.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

duTrieux. posted:

:gizz:

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

univbee posted:

It's the symbol for a hot spring

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you

Sniep posted:

i ❤️ my 5k imac

it's good

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

PleasureKevin posted:

so which of these things is the gangrenous limb that needs to get cut off before it kills the whole company?

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Phoenixan posted:

so which of these things is the gangrenous limb that needs to get cut off before it kills the whole company?
it's the head

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

for every vp you slay two more will take its place, you know this

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

lol
https://twitter.com/bdsams/status/585162478570602496

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

with bonus thurrott learning that the metro twitter app is a piece of poo poo in the replies

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

ahhahaha oh god

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

Pinterest Mom posted:

with bonus thurrott learning that the metro twitter app is a piece of poo poo in the replies

lmaoooo

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

Pinterest Mom posted:

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Pinterest Mom posted:

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Pinterest Mom posted:

lol

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Pinterest Mom posted:

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Sniep posted:

hey i just pulled up ye old character box thing and saw math symbols and scrolled down and found this thing

i like it it looks fancy
just put it on the end of a wikipedia url

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volume_integral

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

"I wanted to kill you, go to your funeral, and anyone who showed up to mourn you, I wanted to kill them too."

man that looks good, MS should get in this flat design trend

lol at the company known for skeumorphic out the rear end pretty much nails their first attempt at an almost completely opposite style, ms you are bad at design

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

wait, you can fave calculations?

holy poo poo

good bye to most of my spreadsheets

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

that's calcbot, not the built-in app

tapbots are really good at what they do

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

this headline on ars technica: 'hisense’s arm chromebook actually isn’t awful for $149' means that microsoft gets to re-fight the netbook war all over again at a time when people are poorer, when they've been trained to use web-apps and now against a competitor that has no higher margin product line to leverage a bribe against to kill the netbook

maybe they can tap some of the business wizards that signed off on the $499 game terminal, that killed the mini tablet a week from reveal and who fumbled the entire low-end smartphone play for the 4th time to draw up the battle plan, surely they aren't doing much at the moment

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

shadow puppet of a posted:

'hisense’s arm chromebook actually isn’t awful for $149'

tech_industry.xlsx

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Pinterest Mom posted:

that's calcbot, not the built-in app

tapbots are really good at what they do

slow though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

shadow puppet of a posted:

this headline on ars technica: 'hisense’s arm chromebook actually isn’t awful for $149' means that microsoft gets to re-fight the netbook war all over again at a time when people are poorer, when they've been trained to use web-apps and now against a competitor that has no higher margin product line to leverage a bribe against to kill the netbook

maybe they can tap some of the business wizards that signed off on the $499 game terminal, that killed the mini tablet a week from reveal and who fumbled the entire low-end smartphone play for the 4th time to draw up the battle plan, surely they aren't doing much at the moment

i dont really see how thats different than competing against a $200 chromebook tbh. the $50 isn't a huge difference, although yeah it might sell better at that price point since its a loving chromebook and performance doesn't matter

also if you look at the review the battery life is godawful even compared to the $200 models

• Locked thread