Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

AirRaid posted:

Sorry but if you're underlevelled going into TVHM in BL2 then you're playing Normal mode wrong. Specially now all the DLC content is out and there's shitloads of XP on offer. Even just playing the main game should get to you 31, and your target is 32-33 for a comfortable TVHM start really.

This was a while ago, and I hadn't bothered to do all the sidequests and DLC :v: It's boring to run through all those solo.
I've always found transitioning to a nee difficulty to be rough anyway, but usually just for the first half hour or so.

Re: Slag. Definitely agree with Magic Missile, especially if you get a purple one. Slagga and Maya's Ruin are great too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
PSA: the music in BL2 is still great.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Holy poo poo Deadlift is the worst fight on TVHM, I went in with Athena at around Lv 28, had shock weapons for his shield and the second I show my face he lasers me into oblivion, next try I beat him by throwing my shield at him which worked, had to jump around constantly though.

Then once I reach Concordia, the SHIFT Vendor has a buttload of gear including 75 gold keys, a lot of skins and some guns relating to Tales from the Borderlands. :toot:

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Judge Tesla posted:

Holy poo poo Deadlift is the worst fight on TVHM, I went in with Athena at around Lv 28, had shock weapons for his shield and the second I show my face he lasers me into oblivion, next try I beat him by throwing my shield at him which worked, had to jump around constantly though.

Then once I reach Concordia, the SHIFT Vendor has a buttload of gear including 75 gold keys, a lot of skins and some guns relating to Tales from the Borderlands. :toot:

Try it on UVHM! That's a fight I'm gonna have to hit up some pubbies for since everyone's on PC or PS4

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

I'm on Bone :ohdear:

Dahl Electric sniper rifle will wreck Deadlift.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

Judge Tesla posted:

Aren't you supposed to start TVHM at 30?

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Even moreso than an electric weapon, the item you want for TVHM Deadlift is a shield that prevents electrocution.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Shifty Pony posted:

What character? If you are playing Axton the slag turret is invaluable.

My best luck for normal weapons was a slag Critical Thinking single barrel hyperion shotgun. The lower slag percentage versus something like a maliwan pistol was more than compensated by a larger magazine, higher fire rate, and it just being much harder to miss with a shotgun. Oh and the chance is per pellet so it was a nearly guaranteed slag at close range.

Slag turret was invaluable for TVHM and UVHM, especially considering I didn't know badass tokens were a thing.

I'm such an idiot, and I hate myself.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Badass tokens?

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Badass tokens are BL2/TPS's replacement for weapon skill. When you complete challenges (kill this many dudes with this kind of weapon, buttslam this many dudes to death, complete this many optional objectives, etc- there's a huge number of them and the in-game browser for them sucks) you get badass rank. Every so many badass rank (and I think the number increases as you accumulate tokens), you get a badass token, redeemable for a small bonus- the first one applied to a stat (shield capacity, for example) gives 1%, and it gets progressively smaller the more tokens you apply. These bonuses apply to all your characters, but you can turn them off from the badass rank interface (default keybind J on PC).

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

AirRaid posted:

Aren't you supposed to start TVHM at 30?

Probably, doesn't matter now since I have full purps thanks to Golden Keys, and honestly, Deadlift's not as horrific as some of the bosses in Borderlands 2 on TVHM and UVHM, I remember having a hell of a time fighting the Jackenstein on UVHM in Hammerlock's DLC when I was doing the PS3 version with Maya a while back.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Judge Tesla posted:

Probably, doesn't matter now since I have full purps thanks to Golden Keys, and honestly, Deadlift's not as horrific as some of the bosses in Borderlands 2 on TVHM and UVHM, I remember having a hell of a time fighting the Jackenstein on UVHM in Hammerlock's DLC when I was doing the PS3 version with Maya a while back.

Man gently caress Jackenstein. Badassasaurus was still worse though (unless you cheesed it to hell).

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

wdarkk posted:

Man gently caress Jackenstein. Badassasaurus was still worse though (unless you cheesed it to hell).

Yeah, but NOTHING is worse than the endboss in Claptastic Voyage. Holy moly. I'm 8 levels over and I still can't do it! Edit: I forgot how long ago it was I tried it, it was actually really easy now. He dropped a Mongol!

Edit: Also, I got a legendary baroness mod and a Fusillade in vending machines on the way, Meg dropped a Torrent right before, and I got a Legendary Turtle from a machine. Loving these increased drop rates! Then there's the Cheat Code from Jack, and I got three Eridian Vanquishers from the unique stalker, two Moonlight Sagas from Tiny Destroyer, and a Nasty Surprise from a machine so that's 12 legendaries today!

Edit: Aaand a prismatic Bulwark from Zarpedon, so that's 13 so far. drat!

Greenplastic fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Apr 7, 2015

Dr. Bonertron
Mar 26, 2009

The doctor said I was too muscular to be aborted
Is there a thread for the Handsome Collection?

Anyway, just got started with BL2 on PS4. If anyone would like to join me, add DocBonestron. I'm playing as the mech lady, and I'm quite upset by how easy it is to accidentally remove all of my anarchy stacks.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Pope Guilty posted:

Badass tokens are BL2/TPS's replacement for weapon skill. When you complete challenges (kill this many dudes with this kind of weapon, buttslam this many dudes to death, complete this many optional objectives, etc- there's a huge number of them and the in-game browser for them sucks) you get badass rank. Every so many badass rank (and I think the number increases as you accumulate tokens), you get a badass token, redeemable for a small bonus- the first one applied to a stat (shield capacity, for example) gives 1%, and it gets progressively smaller the more tokens you apply. These bonuses apply to all your characters, but you can turn them off from the badass rank interface (default keybind J on PC).

Oh my god, the in-game browser for Badass challenge progress is so goddamned bad. "Let's have a humongous, clumsy list that takes forever to scroll through, and then give players the option of temporarily sorting it in really unintuitive ways!"

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Holy gently caress, missing fast travel points are infuriating. I can't get back to R&D.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Playing Borderlands 2, how's Krieg? I loved Brick in the first game and I've heard he's similar. My boyfriend will be playing Zero, if it matters.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Krieg is pretty much the same as Brick except he can throw his fists at people. And by fists I mean buzzsaw axes. He's definitely worth a try if you've already had experience with the "run up like a lunatic and bash people in the face until they die" character playstyle.

edit: Krieg being able to throw his buzz axes is actually kind of genius because I remember that one of Brick's major problems in BL1 was that he was completely useless against flying enemies. Well, no longer!

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Apr 7, 2015

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Frocious posted:

Anyway, just got started with BL2 on PS4. If anyone would like to join me, add DocBonestron. I'm playing as the mech lady, and I'm quite upset by how easy it is to accidentally remove all of my anarchy stacks.

Are the graphics any better on PS4? I played the poo poo out of 2 on the 360 and I'm not sure I want to do it all again if it isn't any better.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

I love mania krieg.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Ultimate Mango posted:

Are the graphics any better on PS4? I played the poo poo out of 2 on the 360 and I'm not sure I want to do it all again if it isn't any better.

It looks much better at 1080p and runs at 60 FPS which is the biggest and best reason to get it on the PS4.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Frocious posted:

If you accidentally hit reload you can cancel it with a melee attack or by switching weapons. As long as you do one of those before the reload animation finishes your anarchy should be fine.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

CJacobs posted:

Krieg is pretty much the same as Brick except he can throw his fists at people. And by fists I mean buzzsaw axes. He's definitely worth a try if you've already had experience with the "run up like a lunatic and bash people in the face until they die" character playstyle.

edit: Krieg being able to throw his buzz axes is actually kind of genius because I remember that one of Brick's major problems in BL1 was that he was completely useless against flying enemies. Well, no longer!

This is all true. Also, once you get Release the Beast you win every game forever and ever.

Dr. Bonertron
Mar 26, 2009

The doctor said I was too muscular to be aborted

Ultimate Mango posted:

To be honest, it's been so long since I played it on PC that I can't remember. I never played any of the DLC or the Pre-Sequel, though, so it was an easy buy.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Ultimate Mango posted:

Amazingly so. Switching inputs on my TV to go from uploading a 360 save to downloading it on Xbone really contrasted how much better it looks on current gen consoles.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Are there any improvements from the graphics of the PC version of BL2 in the new versions? This is not a "pff cconsoles :smug:" type post, I genuinely want to know if there were any graphics upgrades on the new consoles.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

CJacobs posted:

Are there any improvements from the graphics of the PC version of BL2 in the new versions?

Not really, no. There were a few things exclusive to PC (like the PhysX fluid effects) that I think the next gen versions now have but the PC version still looks best. I've heard the Handsome Collection has framerate hiccups in parts too.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Console players should be glad they don't get PhysX effects because even in Pre-Sequel they murder your gpu and they're just :barf:

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Elderbean posted:

Playing Borderlands 2, how's Krieg? I loved Brick in the first game and I've heard he's similar. My boyfriend will be playing Zero, if it matters.

Krieg is by far the most fun I've ever had in any FPS. Start with the Mania tree, get Release the Beast at level 31, never go back. Then go down Bloodlust and get Bloodsplosion and just bask in the glorious explosions of your enemies. Or you could do Hellborn second and just :supaburn:

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Mokinokaro posted:

Not really, no. There were a few things exclusive to PC (like the PhysX fluid effects) that I think the next gen versions now have but the PC version still looks best. I've heard the Handsome Collection has framerate hiccups in parts too.

Personally speaking, I've come from the PS3 to PS4 and I've noticed the framerate is a lot better, Lootsplosions like the one at the end of Torgue's and Tina DLC used to tank the framerate but this doesn't happen anymore, the game itself is more stable than it was but some of the textures are still blurry which means you can't read the PC Screens in Lilith's Firehawk lair still on consoles.

I never played the Pre-Sequel before the Handsome Collection so I don't know if that had any issues before but I've had no real issues with it.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

CJacobs posted:

Console players should be glad they don't get PhysX effects because even in Pre-Sequel they murder your gpu and they're just :barf:

I haven't had a single interest or care about pc gaming in years and the physx stuff in Borderlands is still something I really feel bad about missing out on. I've watched videos about it hundreds of times. It's so gooey and I need it.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Kilometers Davis posted:

I haven't had a single interest or care about pc gaming in years and the physx stuff in Borderlands is still something I really feel bad about missing out on. I've watched videos about it hundreds of times. It's so gooey and I need it.

It makes singularity grenades amazing.

But murders your framerate.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Frocious posted:

Get the ordered chaos skill- reloading still dumps your stacks, but much, much more slowly and you get bonuses like health regen as the stacks tick down. It actually changes Anarchy from having binary states of "building and using Anarchy stacks" and "dumping them to zero" to "building and using Anarchy stacks for damage" and "slowly burning Anarchy stacks for health and fire rate." Anarchy before you have Ordered Chaos is really almost its own thing.

And what's really funny is how, after you finish playing Anarchy Gaige and go back to another character, you will basically have to learn to reload all over again because your instinct/habit will be not to reload.

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

Pope Guilty posted:

And what's really funny is how, after you finish playing Anarchy Gaige and go back to another character, you will basically have to learn to reload all over again because your instinct/habit will be not to reload.

It's still probably a good idea not to make constantly reloading a habit particularly if you're using a Tediore gun. Otherwise you'll end up running out of ammo really quickly or accidentally commit suicide when you run up next to the gun or the gun bounces back at you as it explodes with a mostly full magazine. :torgue:

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

Shifty Pony posted:

It makes singularity grenades amazing.

But murders your framerate.

Are you guys complaining about PhysX murdering your framerate using it on AMD GPUs or something? I've never had an issue with PhysX causing slowdown in BL2 (Using a GTX560 and then a GTX970 which is way overkill I know). The main problem it used to cause in BL2 was turning PhysX up would cause a lot of loot to clip through floors and you'd lose stuff. Specially in areas with uneven floors like the Bunker arena. I think they mostly fixed that in a patch a while ago though.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

Frocious posted:

I'm playing as the mech lady, and I'm quite upset by how easy it is to accidentally remove all of my anarchy stacks.
Get the Discord skill, and reloading a second time will cancel the anarchy loss, and you'll regen health as the stacks tick down.

Elderbean posted:

Playing Borderlands 2, how's Krieg?
He's a bit squishy until you can get Release the Beast, whereupon... Well, judge for yourself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFMnHqxoVgE

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!
Sorry for going on about drops, but drat, these easter droprates should just be permanent. This is how the game should be. I've been poopsocking like mad, but still - this is the final haul of random drops today:

- Mongol
- Legendary Baroness Mod
- Fusillade
- 2x Torrent
- Legendary Turtle
- 3x Eridian Vanquisher
- 2x Moonlight Saga
- Nasty Surprise
- Prismatic Bulwark
- 3x Shooting Star
- 3DD1.E oz kit
- Maggie
- Storm Front

That's 19 legendaries in a day! Plus the Cheat Code from Jack. I've never played on PC so I've never been able to cheatengine, but now I wish I could.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

:black101:

I want to play as Kreig in every game ever.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Greenplastic posted:

Sorry for going on about drops, but drat, these easter droprates should just be permanent. This is how the game should be. I've been poopsocking like mad, but still - this is the final haul of random drops today:

- Mongol
- Legendary Baroness Mod
- Fusillade
- 2x Torrent
- Legendary Turtle
- 3x Eridian Vanquisher
- 2x Moonlight Saga
- Nasty Surprise
- Prismatic Bulwark
- 3x Shooting Star
- 3DD1.E oz kit
- Maggie
- Storm Front

That's 19 legendaries in a day! Plus the Cheat Code from Jack. I've never played on PC so I've never been able to cheatengine, but now I wish I could.

I've seen 1 legendary (at a vendor) over the past 3 days, in ~18 hours of play. BL2, TVHM, PS3, connected online.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

Rinkles posted:

I've seen 1 legendary (at a vendor) over the past 3 days, in ~18 hours of play. BL2, TVHM, PS3, connected online.

Hm, mine were all in TPS, I wonder if the rates are different or if I just had a crazy good streak - or you had a crazy bad one. They came from a combination of killing bosses when playing through story, farming bosses (the multiple drops), and checking all vending machines I passed by.

• Locked thread