Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Gravel Gravy posted:

Getting angry when poor people eat fancy feasts instead of Fancy Feast.

But does the "meat by products" ingredient include any steak or seafood?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
This reminds me of the drug testing welfare recipients thing. Boy howdy did that save a lot of money!

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

lamentable dustman posted:

Update on Todd Kincannon (former South Carolina GOP head and douche bag) story from last months thread. He was arrested for criminal domestic violence while they are working on kidnapping charge.

http://www.wistv.com/story/28734435/attorney-former-sc-gop-chair-arrested-on-cdv-complaint

So it seems he is a crazy as he seems to be on twitter...weird.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

lamentable dustman posted:

Update on Todd Kincannon (former South Carolina GOP head and douche bag) story from last months thread. He was arrested for criminal domestic violence while they are working on kidnapping charge.

http://www.wistv.com/story/28734435/attorney-former-sc-gop-chair-arrested-on-cdv-complaint

That took entirely too long. Too bad he'll get off with a slap on the wrist because he was probably "joking".

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Monkey Fracas posted:

This reminds me of the drug testing welfare recipients thing. Boy howdy did that save a lot of money!

It did... For Rick Scott's former employer that his wife just so happens to work at.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Phone posted:

It did... For Rick Scott's former employer that his wife just so happens to work at.

While I agree with your argument you ended a sentence with a preposition so I must dismiss it entirely.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Gravel Gravy posted:

While I agree with your argument you ended a sentence with a preposition so I must dismiss it entirely.

It did... For Rick Scott's former employer that his wife just so happens to work for.

e: i got this poo poo

For Rick Scott's former employer for whom his wife just so happens to work.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Conservatives believe that all of our problems are caused by system abuse and government waste because if it turned out that "welfare" programs were actually good and helpful and compassionate then we might have to pay for them and raise taxes :ohdear:

Education is fine!!! You just want to throw money at the problem!!!! Edward James Olmos educated all those kids and he didn't get extra money!!! All teachers should be like that!!

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Phone posted:

That took entirely too long. Too bad he'll get off with a slap on the wrist because he was probably "joking".

Apparently the police took so long to arrest him that he managed to threaten his wife into not pressing charges

https://bonnierussell.wordpress.com...opped-the-ball/

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

zoux posted:

Conservatives believe that all of our problems are caused by system abuse and government waste because if it turned out that "welfare" programs were actually good and helpful and compassionate then we might have to pay for them and raise taxes :ohdear:

Sorry zoux, you're going to have to pay a fine for saying "raise taxes".

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Phone posted:

Sorry zoux, you're going to have to pay a fine for saying "raise taxes".

Fines and fees, these are not taxes!

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

"Dropped the ball" implies that it wasn't intentional.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

zoux posted:

Education is fine!!! You just want to throw money at the problem!!!! Edward James Olmos educated all those kids and he didn't get extra money!!! All teachers should be like that!!

There seems to be this implicit belief among conservatives that if you defund systems they will magically fix themselves to be more efficient.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Monkey Fracas posted:

There seems to be this implicit belief among conservatives that if you defund systems they will magically fix themselves to be more efficient.

The only thing that is not wrong with all government agencies/programs is funding. We need an It's a Wonderful Life Special Operations Team to kidnap conservatives while they sleep and put them in completely immersive VR simulations of the actual world they want to build and the end result of their policies so they can see what hell they would bring.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

I wonder if conservatives will change up the type of cards used for SNAP and WIC benefits soon. In October everyone will have to use chip and signature/pin and they will no longer be able to quickly identify whether the person in front of them is someone just using a debit card or a filthy poor who they can sneer at for buying the decadent heavy syrup variety of canned peaches.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Shifty Pony posted:

I wonder if conservatives will change up the type of cards used for SNAP and WIC benefits soon. In October everyone will have to use chip and signature/pin and they will no longer be able to quickly identify whether the person in front of them is someone just using a debit card or a filthy poor who they can sneer at for buying the decadent heavy syrup variety of canned peaches.

A good work around for this is to assume all minorities are on welfare.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

build special grocery stores for poors, stock only with hardtack, fatback and grog.

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

PupsOfWar posted:

build special grocery stores for poors, stock only with hardtack, fatback and grog.

GROG!? Tha poors shouldn't be able to buy liquor on mah dime!

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Talmonis posted:

GROG!? Tha poors shouldn't be able to buy liquor on mah dime!

without an allotment of crude alcohol the urban hordes will run riot in the streets, fool

they must be allowed certain vices to keep them docile

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

baw posted:

its even worse then u think...

How DARE they store food for use later!

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

If it wasn't refrigerators it would be clothes and if it wasn't clothes they'd be asking why they use fancy barrels to hide their nakedness and not burlap sacks.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Radish posted:

If it wasn't refrigerators it would be clothes and if it wasn't clothes they'd be asking why they use fancy barrels to hide their nakedness and not burlap sacks.

Oh they go on to list more after that one.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Shifty Pony posted:

You assume they bother to verify anything before they cook up an anecdote about how they totally saw some woman with long nails and six kids buying nothing but sirloin while chatting vacantly on her impeccably up to date iphone 7.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Here's an idea, what if all the poor people just loving died? Just like, and hear me out, what if they just all loving starved to death and died?

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

Radish posted:

How dare the poors offend me with existing? We should start a fine for being poor. If they can't pay, they get executed.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Gravel Gravy posted:

Oh they go on to list more after that one.

Yeah it would honestly go on until they were dead. I'm not sure if they would be complaining about having to pay to clean up the bodies or just allow them to rot in the sun and feel content in the visual reminder.

Not really they will never be content about anything.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

You guys remember in the primaries last cycle when they had a debate and one of the moderators asked "What should these people, without health insurance, do" and some people in the audience yelled out "Let them die". That happened right, that wasn't some satire move I saw?

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

zoux posted:

Here's an idea, what if all the poor people just loving died? Just like, and hear me out, what if they just all loving starved to death and died?

"Oh they aren't lower middle class! Just the other day I saw them at Chili's!"

zoux posted:

You guys remember in the primaries last cycle when they had a debate and one of the moderators asked "What should these people, without health insurance, do" and some people in the audience yelled out "Let them die". That happened right, that wasn't some satire move I saw?

No they didn't yell, but the audience started clapping and cheering. This happened.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

zoux posted:

No lie, when I first came to D&D and saw people posting "KILL YOU ARE PARENTS" I thought that was what the meme referred to.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

dont neglect your Respectability Politics zoux

sound like yaer gettin' pretty bellig'rent

lookoutbelow
Mar 3, 2004

New Hampshire politics are the gift that keeps on giving. (If the author's last name seems familiar, there's a reason for that.)

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20150407/OPINION02/150409366/-1/opinion01

quote:

It is fascinating that in all of the raucous press over Warren’s words, I have not heard anyone say that his comparison of the actions of a red-tailed hawk to an abortion is inaccurate.

Warren did not attack the fourth grade class. He pointed out that the abortions Planned Parenthood performs (370,000 each year) are done in a way that is chillingly similar to the actions of the red-tailed hawk. Making that comparison is his “crime.”

If we find it so revolting that a fourth grade class should hear these remarks, where is the outrage over the one child of every five who is not in that class because no one heard the cry of the nameless little “Who” when he or she died in an abortion clinic nine years ago?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

zoux posted:

They had better do it and decrease the surplus population.

Gounads
Mar 13, 2013

Where am I?
How did I get here?

lookoutbelow posted:

New Hampshire politics are the gift that keeps on giving. (If the author's last name seems familiar, there's a reason for that.)

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20150407/OPINION02/150409366/-1/opinion01

quote:

“A PERSON’S a person no matter how small.”

Why does the right keep trying to use Dr. Seuss to make their point?

When alive, Dr. Seuss threatened to sue an anti-abortion group unless they removed those words from their letterhead. Why would you quote a pro life guy as your slogan?

(also see the green eggs & ham / ACA references)

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Because shame is a foreign concept unless it can be used to attack others.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

zoux posted:

The only thing that is not wrong with all government agencies/programs is funding. We need an It's a Wonderful Life Special Operations Team to kidnap conservatives while they sleep and put them in completely immersive VR simulations of the actual world they want to build and the end result of their policies so they can see what hell they would bring.
Imagine the Truman Show, but Truman is born black and poor.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
If those dirty poors worked harder and stopped sexing they could afford more than slop.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

zoux posted:

*debate audience cheers*

efb goddamnit

Frabba
May 30, 2008

Investing in chewy toy futures
In continuing the trend of "gently caress the poor", the Miami Herald is reporting that Gov. Rick Scott is backing off from supporting Medicaid expansion in Florida.

quote:

“We still have several weeks left for budget negotiations,” Scott said in a brief statement. “However, given that the federal government said they would not fund the federal LIP program to the level it is funded today, it would be hard to understand how the state could take on even more federal programs that CMS could scale back or walk away from.”

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

That's pretty much always been his position though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Young Orc

Gravel Gravy posted:

Phone posted:

It did... For Rick Scott's former employer that his wife just so happens to work for.

e: i got this poo poo

For Rick Scott's former employer for whom his wife just so happens to work.

This is what makes the :10bux: worth it.

• Locked thread