Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

The Karate Kid was the Top Gun for skinny white kids trying to learn martial arts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I learned everything I know about waxing cars and painting fences from The Karate Kid.

Note to Goons: I have never waxed a car or painted a fence.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Holyshoot posted:

Anything with Rafi is amazing and he should really have his own show.

He's on Comedy Bang Bang a lot

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
Anybody in this thread who is just now discovering Jason Mantzoukas needs to go listen to pretty much any episode of How Did This Get Made right now, he's fantastic on it. Especially when he gets mad and yells at the listeners like we're Chang.

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW

Crindee posted:

Anybody in this thread who is just now discovering Jason Mantzoukas needs to go listen to pretty much any episode of How Did This Get Made right now, he's fantastic on it. Especially when he gets mad and yells at the listeners like we're Chang.

any episodes that are especially good?

radlum
May 13, 2013
The Fast & Furious episodes with Adam Scott are pretty good. Also, Street Fighter and Monkey Shines if you want to see how weird a woman has to be to marry Paul Scheer.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

midnightclimax posted:

I'm going to say none because they all feature Jason Mantzoukas.

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.

midnightclimax posted:

Zardoz was a very recent episode, and you can tell that the movie almost broke Jason's mind.

Also, Xanadu because Jason hated it more than almost any other movie they've done.

Finally, View to a Kill was just a great episode with some quality jokes and weirdness from all the hosts and guests.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL

radlum posted:

The Fast & Furious episodes with Adam Scott are pretty good. Also, Street Fighter and Monkey Shines if you want to see how weird a woman has to be to marry Paul Scheer.

This, June is often my favorite part of the show, which says a lot considering Mantzoukas is on it and he's hilarious. June very earnestly asking "What is a Street Fighter?" is great, and so was the birthday candles part of the After Earth episode.

For good Jason bits, I like the Hudson Hawk episode, plus the Road House live episode is good for him spending five minutes threatening to steal a baby from an audience member.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Also the Dom DiMello: Eye On Theatre episode of the Andy Daly Podcast Pilot Project.

Also the rest of the Andy Daly Podcast Pilot Project.

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW
Guess I'll listen to View to a Kill first, because I actually like that movie. Cmon Christopher Walken as some gifted russian psycho, Grace Jones is his gf, jumping around on the Eiffel tower, and Duran Duran!

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
Am I???
Fun Shoe
Isn't Mantzoukas also in The League?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

tarlibone posted:

Yeah, he plays Rafi, the insane criminal brother-in-law of one of the main characters.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
I just wait for the day when someone references Karate Kid and they say, "Oh, you mean the Jaden Smith movie?"

:negative:

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

tarlibone posted:

He was amazing in his few appearances on Parks and Rec.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Silly Burrito posted:

I just wait for the day when someone references Karate Kid and they say, "Oh, you mean the Jaden Smith movie?"

:negative:

That'd only be used as a joke to piss people off though. Do any kids even remember that remake? I can't see many people being nostalgic for it when they grow up.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

A MIRACLE posted:

He's on Comedy Bang Bang a lot

That's on Netflix with the tall black dude with a giant Afro? I tried to get into that but couldn't. What episodes is he in?

StalkofWheat
Oct 10, 2012

Holyshoot posted:

That's on Netflix with the tall black dude with a giant Afro? I tried to get into that but couldn't. What episodes is he in?

He appears in the Gillian Jacobs episode, which is a nice bonus, as celebrity chef Emril Lugosi. It's one of my favourite episodes of the series. It's in season 2 on Netflix.

StalkofWheat fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Apr 5, 2015

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Holyshoot posted:

It's also originally a podcast.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Holyshoot posted:

Sorry I meant the podcast version, you can search his name on earwolf for tons of appearances

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
I read the book but I've never actually seen karate kid. I saw 3 Ninjas a bunch of times though.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Dr_Amazing posted:

I read the book but I've never actually seen karate kid. I saw 3 Ninjas a bunch of times though.

3 ninjas was good poo poo.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
I resent the idea that this would alarm me.

Keith David is on fire.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Good episode. This season's so good.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
This season is killer.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yep, another fun episode. Not the best they've ever done, but I'm enjoying this season than both of the last two for sure. I don't remember much of either of them to be honest, so I'll probably go back and watch at least the last one again. It's definitely making me remember why I liked the show to start with, and I have zero problems with the cast member changes.

Also, as brought up last episode, having the extra time gives them the ability to flesh out the stories a bit more than they would be on TV. Given that shows as far apart as both Big Bang Theory and Always Sunny are both often putting out episodes that are sub 20 minutes in length, so far Community s6 has given us:

27m26
26m54
24m40
30m58
28m45

When Dan said the episodes would run a little longer, he was really underplaying it. Given an hour long slot on NBC can run maybe 42 minutes, we're not far off having 'hour long' episodes every week now. Or at least the super length ones they used to do a few years back when things would run to the 45.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

I thought we were going to get a callback to Inspector Spacetime eventually.

Do think they need to stop using the "X isn't really an X" ending though, it's starting to get worn out.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
This show is insane, but it's gotten to a point of well rounded, consistent insanity. Loved it. C+

Hopkins FBI
Jan 4, 2015

MY SACRED POSTING VOW IS NOTHING, FOR WHILE I STAKED MY HONOR UPON MY COMMITMENT TO NEVER SUPPORT JOSEPH R. B. JUNIOR I HAVE SCANDALOUSLY ABANDONED MY PRINCIPLES
I should start counting the number of "THE DEAN IS GAY FOR JEFF!!" jokes this season. It seemed like there were three dozen in that episode alone.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

For the way the show focuses so intently sometimes on the Dean's sexuality, it's a little odd that we've never seen him you know, actually with anyone.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
Am I???
Fun Shoe
OK... I like Britta's definition of "hoist by his own petard."

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP

Mortanis posted:

The flag joke is one of my favorite unsubtle jokes. My favorite subtle joke is probably Beetlejuice. I wish they'd do more of that sort of thing.

They've actually done 28 others, but apparently they were a bit too subtle for you.

Go back and watch season 3, but make sure to pay close attention to the Dean's left hand. There's one scene it's his right hand, because they had to flip the shot.

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax

Hopkins FBI posted:

I should start counting the number of "THE DEAN IS GAY FOR JEFF!!" jokes this season. It seemed like there were three dozen in that episode alone.

Hey man, the Dean's only 2/7ths gay for Jeff.

TNG fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Apr 7, 2015

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Megaspel posted:

They've actually done 28 others, but apparently they were a bit too subtle for you.

Go back and watch season 3, but make sure to pay close attention to the Dean's left hand. There's one scene it's his right hand, because they had to flip the shot.

What?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

TNG posted:

Hey man, the Dean's only 2/7ths gay for Jeff.

The other 5 may or may not be legal

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

No fair! You changed the outcome by measuring it!
Holy poo poo, what a tag. The episode was good but that tag was a beautiful payoff for the buildup.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

tarlibone posted:

OK... I like Britta's definition of "hoist by his own petard."

I never really thought about it but I always kind of assumed it was an article of clothing too.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Dr_Amazing posted:

I never really thought about it but I always kind of assumed it was an article of clothing too.

I thought it was some sort of flag.

Instead it's some sort of explosive.

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm
Hey, that was Original Abed as the janitor at the end!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Mister Mind posted:

Hey, that was Original Abed as the janitor at the end!

Awesome catch!

• Locked thread