Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

drunk leprechaun posted:

Yeah they are going back to the pre-1999 teams names of Cadets, which mirrors the Midshipmen team names at Navy. I don't really care for the team name that much since the Army brand was always way stronger, and will be more interested in the uniforms.

It's this. "Black Knights" was basically an unofficial nickname for like 70 years, I think some journalist dubbed them "The Black Knights of West Point" or somesuch and it just stuck. They made the change to it official in '99.

As to what happens to the uniforms, I just hope they keep away from that goofy digicam they've tried a time or two. It looks awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Pakled posted:

GT's B-Back situation got worse.

Quaide Weimerskirch, our early enrollee who was expected to get some significant playing time next year, injured his foot and is out for the rest of the Spring and questionable for the season. After some shuffling around, our depth at B-Back is now C.J. Leggett, a converted LB, and two walk-ons.

There are rumors that we're getting a transfer B-Back, though. No names yet, though speculation is that former Kentucky RB Josh Clemons fits the bill. He supposedly is looking to transfer somewhere close to his family in Fayetteville, GA and he looks like he's got the skills we need, just an unlucky streak with injuries. If he is indeed transferring here, and can learn the system and not get hurt, then I think he'd be a good addition. I'd certainly feel more comfortable with him than with what we've currently got. Anyone know more about Clemons?

I've heard that B-back is pretty risky and that you should wrap that up.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
I... I wore maroon in the student section at some A&M games out of love for a woman and for college football. I must live with this decision every day of my life. I drew the line at singing the song.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Okay that might be taking it a bit far

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
If I ever meet an even marginally attractive Oregon girl I'm proposing on the spot and saying goodbye to this Big Ten bullshit forever.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
You should get yourself tested. Have you noticed yourself making making lincoln log cabins that fall apart at the slightest breeze?

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Wait who transfers TO Georgia Tech?

Pakled posted:

Quaide Weimerskirch,

You made that name up

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
I was once seeing this girl who was going to Akron. It didn't work out and now she enjoys the use of heroin. Just Say No to Akron.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
My wife had no rooting interest for any school when I met her and her family was Michigan fans. She's now a diehard Ohio State fan with me and her family seriously can't understand why.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Detroit_Dogg posted:

I was once seeing this girl who was going to Akron. It didn't work out and now she enjoys the use of heroin. Just Say No to Akron.

There's a limerick buried in here, yearning to see the light.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

MourningView posted:

Spring games are literally practice and pretty dang boring tbh so I'd be annoyed with that part but you should totally buy one of those dumb Bear Bryant hats and jump in with both feet once actual games start

The atmosphere surrounding it is almost like a real game as tailgating and stuff goes so at least the day isn't boring

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Thermos H Christ posted:

I... I wore maroon in the student section at some A&M games out of love for a woman and for college football. I must live with this decision every day of my life. I drew the line at singing the song.

You're dead to me

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

pillsburysoldier posted:

You made that name up

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

drat that's some amazing hair

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

"Bob Bowlsby" posted:

“I think there's some belief that ACC would play three divisions, have two highest ranked play in postseason,” said Bob Bowlsby, chairman of the new NCAA Football Oversight Committee. “Really, nobody cares how you determine your champion. It should be a conference-level decision.

Well Bob I'd say there's some pretty strong evidence that the playoff committee cares how you determine a champion.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Spacemonkey57 posted:

Well Bob I'd say there's some pretty strong evidence that the playoff committee cares how you determine a champion.

They don't care how, they care that there's only one.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

Thermos H Christ posted:

There's a limerick buried in here, yearning to see the light.

There once was a girl from Akron
That school that I always pissed on
She did some harsh drugs
While she cheered for those thugs
And from my life I'm glad that she's gone.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Strobe posted:

They don't care how, they care that there's only one.

One true champion you say?

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Thermos H Christ posted:

Is that line before or after jerking it into a mason jar?

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Thermos H Christ posted:

Disgusting

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Fluffdaddy posted:

The atmosphere surrounding it is almost like a real game as tailgating and stuff goes so at least the day isn't boring

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Thermos H Christ posted:

At least wear a mutual secondary color like white, Jesus H man

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Thermos H Christ posted:

Did you sway back and forth during the song with everyone else?

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Did you whip your saber out when the other team had the audacity to celebrate?

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Thermos H Christ posted:

Did you grab your balls in do or die situations?

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

I dated a girl who went to Michigan State. We went to a bunch of games at Spartan Stadium. We got season tickets to the MSU hockey games at Munn. Then I married her.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

MourningView posted:

"Black Knights" could in theory be adopted to any school that happened to wear black while "Cadets" is a distinctly Army thing and has a long history with the program so this seems fine to me and also Army Football is complete butts so who really cares.

This seems like a way more satisfying and enjoyable experience than rooting for Illinois in anything anyway so I'd just embrace it.

Like unless you are in fact Kurt Kittner there is no way you were really THAT invested in Illinois football, come on. I've been to that stadium. Y'all don't care at all. Deep down you don't really want to cheer for a team who could reasonably refer to a team coached by Ron Zook as "the good days" anyway. Roll Tide.

My first year in college was when Illinois and Kurt Kittner won the MicronPC.com bowl game and I fervently thought that each season would get better!

I guess I'll just resort to telling everyone there that Illinois produces superior NFL RBs than Bama does.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
The coolest girl I had a thing with was one who went to Carnegie Mellon who introduced herself as going to "CMU" which I took to mean Central Michigan and we didn't figure out why we were both so confused when we were talking about CMU until weeks later.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

mastershakeman posted:

I guess I'll just resort to telling everyone there that Illinois produces superior NFL RBs than Bama does.

Unless y'all are still counting Red Grange this seems less than accurate.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Alabama's A'Shawn Robinson out with an ankle injury. Them Bama boys just dropping like flies now.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

KKKLIP ART posted:

Alabama's A'Shawn Robinson out with an ankle injury. Them Bama boys just dropping like flies now.

Saban channeling the Junction Boys I guess.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Deteriorata posted:

I dated a girl who went to Michigan State. We went to a bunch of games at Spartan Stadium. We got season tickets to the MSU hockey games at Munn. Then I married her.

It must have been love. Is it over now?

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Deteriorata posted:

Was it still the State Agricultural College at the time?

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Thoguh posted:

Was it still the State Agricultural College at the time?

Was Michigan even a state yet?

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

MourningView posted:

Like unless you are in fact Kurt Kittner there is no way you were really THAT invested in Illinois football, come on.

I laughed way too hard at this.

Pakled posted:

Quaide Weimerskirch

His parents formed the Total Recall fan club.

In Gator news, we lost an OL for the spring.

That brings our total number of OL for the remainder of spring to 6.

Will Muschamp, Master Recruiter™

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Did you whip your saber out when the other team had the audacity to celebrate?

No I mostly just yelled really loud when Johnny Manziel would do his best Johnny Manziel impression, felt bummed that I wouldn't get to root for Texas among those same people on Thanksgiving, and wished that I could breathe. Because it was like 1000 degrees and A&M blatantly pads their seating capacity by allotting 10 inches of bleacher per person (at least in the student section). You're not just in contact with your neighbor, you're powerfully squeezed against them.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Fluffdaddy posted:

Saban channeling the Junction Boys I guess.

~*~SOURCES SAY~*~ it is actually only a minor injury, but those same sources also say he was carted off the practice field. I wish him a speedy recovery

LeeMajors posted:

I laughed way too hard at this.

His parents formed the Total Recall fan club.

That brings our total number of OL for the remainder of spring to 6.

Will Muschamp, Master Recruiter™

You guys planning on having a running game or pass protection this year?

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

LeeMajors posted:

You omitted that the OL's name was "Rod Johnson".

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

KKKLIP ART posted:

You guys planning on having a running game or pass protection this year?

We haven't had either in a few years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
So Josh Rosen got his first full 11v11 time with the first team offense in yesterday's practice and the hype train is officially leaving the station. Looked good, threw some nice deep balls, was comfortable in the pocket, is the future messiah, etc etc.
Why is football season still so far away :negative:

• Locked thread