Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005
AWARD WINNING!

http://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/cto/4925782972.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Young Orc

VideoTapir posted:

Let me guess: someone who knows the exact minimum required to keep a car on the road, right?

Basically. Every mechanic I've known agreed that it's a terrible idea to buy a car from them. They buy the cheapest thing they can find and spend as little as possible keeping it running until they have to replace it.

You spend all day working on other peoples cars for years and years, it kinda takes the desire out of you. I can only think of a couple that're really into working on their own projects, but they've got pretty cush jobs that don't leave them covered in grease every day.

edit

You know what screams hot rod to me? The interior, transmission and engine from a minivan.

The Prowler might be the most embarrassing car ever made.

Sir Tonk fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Apr 7, 2015

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
I've always kind of wanted to take one and then put in a real drivetrain. Something like a supercharged lsx with straight pipes out the side of the engine bay.

hmmm:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2003-Corvet...f155b48&vxp=mtr

hmmmmmmm:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2005-CTS-V-...162969928&rt=nc

jamal fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Apr 7, 2015

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Sir Tonk posted:

You know what screams hot rod to me? The interior, transmission and engine from a minivan.

The Prowler might be the most embarrassing car ever made.

I seem to remember thinking they were pretty sweet for about a week after they came out. Nightman (the saxophone player, not the rapey uncle) drove one.

There's one that lives in my parking lot. It's the same purple as the Craigslist one, but without the flames.

SiliconX
Sep 18, 2004

That damn Pharah again...

College Slice

That thing is an appalling heap of poo poo and I'd be embarrassed to be seen in it. Weren't those cars colossal turds to begin with? I remember when it was first announced and I thought it really looked amazing but it came and then shortly after, went silently into the night with barely a whimper.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Centripetal Horse posted:

I seem to remember thinking they were pretty sweet for about a week after they came out. Nightman (the saxophone player, not the rapey uncle) drove one.

Does he have the eyes of a cat, and does he do karate across the stage?

SiliconX posted:

That thing is an appalling heap of poo poo and I'd be embarrassed to be seen in it. Weren't those cars colossal turds to begin with? I remember when it was first announced and I thought it really looked amazing but it came and then shortly after, went silently into the night with barely a whimper.

They are absolute garbage. They started out with some good ideas and instead of following through on them they raided the Chrysler parts bin. A loving shame.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Gorson posted:

They are absolute garbage. They started out with some good ideas and instead of following through on them they made a Chrysler. A loving shame.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

For anyone who did not want to click that actual ad, you can't miss the best part about the car

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Negromancer posted:

For anyone who did not want to click that actual ad, you can't miss the best part about the car

More cars need fully sick airbrushed backpanther

Sadi
Jan 18, 2005
SC - Where there are more rednecks than people
Did they have pushrod suspension up front?

EDIT:
Actually looking at it all, it looks pretty advanced and sweet. Frankly with some time and money I bet a prowler could be a loving sweet car. 2800lb, push rod suspension on aluminum body. Maybe a Porsche cable operated transaxle. Who knows what else. All I need is an infinite budget.

Sadi fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Apr 8, 2015

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

By the time you spend the truckloads of money it would take to un-gently caress a Prowler, you could just build a ground-up hot rod instead. They appealed to the people who wanted the look of driving a '32 Ford but are just too scared of carburetors and wrenches and distributors.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

I saw one in the Auburn-Cord-Duesenberg museum among actual classics from the time period that the Prowler tried to emulate, and it made it look that much shittier. Especially in the interior department.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
i want to see someone turn a ferrari into a fiero for once

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
My former best friend thinks the Prowler and PT Cruiser are the high points if auto design.

And that's not even why we stopped being friends.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Sir Tonk posted:

Basically. Every mechanic I've known agreed that it's a terrible idea to buy a car from them. They buy the cheapest thing they can find and spend as little as possible keeping it running until they have to replace it.

You spend all day working on other peoples cars for years and years, it kinda takes the desire out of you. I can only think of a couple that're really into working on their own projects, but they've got pretty cush jobs that don't leave them covered in grease every day.

I bought a Mustang GT off my mechanic buddy once. He sold it to me cheap but it was still a mistake. He later admitted to me that he had to make an emergency water pump repair on it, didn't have a gasket, so he just used some caulking he found in his garage.

EightBit
Jan 7, 2006
I spent money on this line of text just to make the "Stupid Newbie" go away.
Not even rtv? :wtc:

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

Love, gromdul

Gorson posted:

Does he have the eyes of a cat, and does he do karate across the stage?

He wasn't born with cat eyes, but he's got a guy.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
My brother had a cokehead sort-of mechanic friend who would buy cars for like 200-500 dollars and run them into the ground. I recall one of them was an S-10 with no bed (and at some point no hood) that ended with him setting it on fire. He'd previously tried to kill it by high-marking in it. (Given that it didn't have a roll bar that would have probably killed him, too). He would typically have one valid license plate at any given time, and he'd swap it between vehicles without consulting the DMV about it. He got pulled over a lot.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

atomicthumbs posted:

i want to see someone turn a ferrari into a fiero for once

There was that Lamborghini turned into a Ford mustang a few years back. It's either atrocious or the best thing ever depending who you ask

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Bajaha posted:

There was that Lamborghini turned into a Ford mustang a few years back. It's either atrocious or the best thing ever depending who you ask

Best thing ever

http://iedeiblog.com/tag/lamborghini-gallardo-turned-into-a-mustang/

Bibendum
Sep 5, 2003
nunc est Bibendum

http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/cto/4967688020.html

Way to interested in this but all the engines I have kicking around are too big.

http://victoria.craigslist.ca/cto/4948050134.html
edit: Also as a 4age fan this and forgot links

Bibendum fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Apr 12, 2015

Black88GTA
Oct 8, 2009

http://longisland.craigslist.org/cto/4970251412.html

:vince:

I don't know if this is retarded or brilliant.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

It's clever, but i'm sure he's breaking all sorts of gambling laws.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Cops are gonna show up and take the money and car right after the raffle is over :v:

My Rhythmic Crotch
Jan 13, 2011

When I see this

I immediately think of this

Also who in their right drat mind buys a grey-market any Audi

blk
Dec 19, 2009

http://www.ebay.com/itm/131478749087?rmvSB=true

This must be the only one like this.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Nah, one nearly the same sold here locally just last year. One owner, under 100K miles, no rust. Higher asking price. They crop up once in a while.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

It's not even set up for drifting. What a ripoff

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

https://houston.craigslist.org/cto/4976214698.html

Its the right color.

atothesquiz
Aug 31, 2004

blk posted:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/131478749087?rmvSB=true

This must be the only one like this.

My mother sold her 1991 240SX Coupe back in 2006/2007ish for rediculously cheap before I could tell her not to.

She was the original owner, 5speed, 63k miles, digital dash and HUD still functioned perfectly. It truly was a grandmother car that was only driven to church and back because that's where she happened to work.

Some 18 year old bought it for $2000 and promptly added a body kit and rims. I haven't seen it in years so I assume he drifted it into a tree.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

I'm not sure why I want this, but I do.

http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/4967652592.html

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

Love, gromdul

I really, really want to say, "Herbie the mud bug," but that car is clearly meant for dune racing.

Pretend it's a swamp car, and I said, "Herbie the mud bug."

BIG HORNY COW
Apr 11, 2003
On a local FB group

He wants $10-11k

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

"very reliable"

That's some funny poo poo.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

BIG HORNY COW posted:

On a local FB group

He wants $10-11k

You can build that yourself for a lot less, all you need is some 53/54" milsurp tires, a deuce, a second set of front leaf springs and shackles/brackets, and an M101 trailer bed.

Then you sell the extra rear axle and assorted parts to a redneck building a MEGA MUD TRUK for a couple hundred.

Also he is a retard, it looks like, and just put flipped stock wheels on it. That's not going to do the wheel bearings any favors and it probably looks retarded with the front tires sticking a foot out of the fenders, which are already huge.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

With all these guys making bobbed deuces, there should be a ton of center diffs laying around. Somebody should throw a whole bunch into 1 truck, make it articulate between each axle to turn. Snaketruck. Oh god, i need sleep.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Powershift posted:

With all these guys making bobbed deuces, there should be a ton of center diffs laying around. Somebody should throw a whole bunch into 1 truck, make it articulate between each axle to turn. Snaketruck. Oh god, i need sleep.

No, you need a bigger garage, and a welder, because I want Snaketruck to be a real thing.

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"

My Rhythmic Crotch posted:

When I see this

I immediately think of this

Also who in their right drat mind buys a grey-market any Audi

The kind of guy that parks hard in front of a skeezy motel

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Powershift posted:

There are - that's why they only go for a couple hundred. A steering rockwell axle goes for 800-1500 all day, but the rears only get like 200-300 because everyone has a couple extras sitting there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
God drat I want this so bad - I shouldn't look on Craigslist when I don't have room/time/money for more vehicles

1975 Ford Courier Pick Up Truck - $1300

FOR SALE: 1975 "Ford" Courier. Built by Mazda for Ford, this little truck sports a dependable Mazda 4 cylinder engine, 4 speed transmission, utility box and a dually rear axle. Odometer reads 91816, but that cannot be verified. It is a bare bones work truck, good on gas and DOES NOT HAVE TO BE SMOGGED. It is exempt. Recent service includes rebuilt carburetor, new clutch slave cylinder, full tune up (cap, rotor, wires, plugs), new fuel pump, wiring was inspected and repaired (for lights) and the engine valves adjusted. It runs like a happy little sewing machine. A little grumpy when cold, but once warmed up, it's ready to roll. The dash pad is shredded. Tires are in very good condition. The bench seat looks brand new. This truck needs an ignition switch. Brakes are good, however they are drum all around and the mechanic advised a brake job sometime in the future. Registration is non-op, no DMV fees owed, clear title. And did I mention? NO SMOG! Asking $1300.

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/cto/4968132575.html

Astonishing Wang fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Apr 16, 2015