Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which religion is the best?
This poll is closed.
Shintoism 59 9.58%
Buddhism 77 12.50%
Taoism 66 10.71%
FEAR CLOWNPIECE 414 67.21%
Total: 616 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

tupac holocron
Apr 23, 2008
The son of Maryam is about to descend amongst you as a correct ruler, he will break the cross and kill the pig!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Gamerofthegame posted:

In which Reimu is an orphan.

Edit: poo poo, Marisa is the only one who isn't an orphan and she still might be a runaway or something.

Marisa is implied to be estranged from her father, although we have no clue about her mother.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

WarpedNaba posted:

Marisa is implied to be estranged from her father, although we have no clue about her mother.

*insert a million theories about Mima here*
Anyway yeah, there was a chapter where Rinnosuke wanted to mention how her father was doing and she flat out pretends not to hear him. Probably some really bad terms going on.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
Yeah, Marisa has got some poo poo going on.

Which makes me really wish she wasn't a satellite character in WaHH and did stuff instead of being exposition/third wheel. Nitori does more. And they don't even chat!

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
It would be nice to have some proper background on the characters for a change.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

WarpedNaba posted:

It would be nice to have some proper background on the characters for a change.

Unfortunately, that's just not really the way Zun rolls. The most you're going to get from the supplementary material is just further characterisation, not really any information on a character's history. Probably so that the fans can continue to just make things up regarding the characters and interpret them in their own way. I feel like he wants to let the fandom just keep doing what they're doing.

At some point around IN, didn't he say he was going to write something about Sakuya's mysterious past? But he never got around to it. He also might just not be interested in exploring any of his character's past beyond the Bio's he gives.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
Sakuya's bullshit entry PMiSS is the best and I hope they never give her anything more than a bunch of characters guessing whats her deal.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Out of everywhere to see Touhou, I just saw a Rumia wandering around in the background of the Norcal Finals, where I don't think a single Touhou-related thing happened

cuc
Nov 25, 2013

As always, you made the best posts. The title of the chapter is 「渾円球の檻」, with 渾円球 "wholly round orb" being a poetic name for the spherical earth. For me, the title is strongly reminiscent of Gundam's "humanity must escape the bounds of gravity".

tupac holocron
Apr 23, 2008
The son of Maryam is about to descend amongst you as a correct ruler, he will break the cross and kill the pig!

cuc posted:

As always, you made the best posts.

i think you may have me confused with somebody else

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

The GIG posted:

Sakuya's bullshit entry PMiSS is the best and I hope they never give her anything more than a bunch of characters guessing whats her deal.

I love that the best guess people can make is that she was a Belmomt

tupac holocron
Apr 23, 2008

the wildest rear end posted:

i think she is the good buffy (kristy swanson)

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

the wildest rear end posted:

She's clearly Jack the Ripper. But from the moon.

SirSlarty
Dec 23, 2003

that's wicked
She is Buffy Van Hellmont, the Ripper.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

SirSlarty posted:

She is Buffy Van Hellmont, the Ripper.

From the moon.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
I thought Sakuya existed outside the normal flow of time or whatever

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

amuayse posted:

I thought Sakuya existed outside the normal flow of time or whatever

Maybe, we're not sure. Just like we're not sure of all other aspects of her possible past. And most of them don't even contradict so it could be a combination of several.

It is a mystery.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

What do Touhous do on Easter

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

just like any other day, they get piss drunk

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Smoking Crow posted:

Touhous likely do not celebrate Easter, as it is not a forgotten holiday and thus likely has little holding within Gensokyo. However Seiga probably knows about it since she was in the outside world not too long ago, so maybe she sneaks into people's houses and steals any chocolate they have for herself. As SoPM shows Seiga is an avid follower of Christian holidays.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Smoking Crow posted:

https://safebooru.donmai.us/posts/1385288

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Gamerofthegame posted:

From the moon.

Also a stage magician.

Daedalus1134
Sep 14, 2005

They see me rollin'

Well, it's official now. Playism has announced they are bringing Double Dealing Character to the west. No release date, but the announcement blog post says "sooner than you think".

Official announcement here.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Hopefully this means I won't have to pay $35+ for what are really just $20 games from now on. :toot:

Also get ready for Official Translation drama.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

As long as they keep "bitch get out the way" im happy

tupac holocron
Apr 23, 2008

Daedalus1134 posted:

Well, it's official now. Playism has announced they are bringing Double Dealing Character to the west. No release date, but the announcement blog post says "sooner than you think".

Official announcement here.

Playism posted:

The Touhou Project, now helmed solely by creator Zun, was first started in 1995 with its first release: Highly Responsive to Prayers.

uh it's "the highly responsive to prayers", these clowns are already making GBS threads all over the franchise

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Please do not question the official translation

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Oh yeah, speaking of that, Jynx finished up his RE: April Fools series last week.

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner

brave nazi aviator posted:

uh it's "the highly responsive to prayers", these clowns are already making GBS threads all over the franchise

Plus it came out in 1997, this localization is already a total disaster

Ryza
Mar 15, 2012

Disco Thunder
Here's hoping it gets steam workshop support so we can all finally play as Mima and Doofy Ghost.

Daedalus1134
Sep 14, 2005

They see me rollin'

Ryza posted:

Here's hoping it gets steam workshop support so we can all finally play as Mima and Doofy Ghost.

Excitedly waiting for Mima steam card and doofy ghost emoticon.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

what a brave new world we live in

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

BlitzBlast posted:

Also get ready for Official Translation drama.
That'll be the best part. :allears:

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
Does it actually say anywhere that it's being translated? Or is that implied by its posting?

The only translation drama I can see at this point would be name spellings, really. I can't think of any catchphrases from DDC to butcher.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

It sucks that they're only translating the newest game rather than going through the old ones. Because the rage over Flandre's name alone would probably be worth any changes to everything else.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

HellCopter posted:

Does it actually say anywhere that it's being translated? Or is that implied by its posting?

The only translation drama I can see at this point would be name spellings, really. I can't think of any catchphrases from DDC to butcher.

ZUN already wrote all their names in English anyway (in DDC and all the later games), and we already totally ignore them. Soga no Toziko.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

HellCopter posted:

It won't be the script; it'll be the names of spell cards and songs.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

i hope it's an extremely weeb translation and they leave in all of Marisa's "ze"s

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Is that so~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
So is it actually coming to Steam or will go to some site like Desura or GoG?