Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

Fauxshiz posted:

TSM beats fnatic, loses to Titan. Comedy.

cbbl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FetalDave
Jun 25, 2011

Moumantai!

Antares posted:

Jump scouting is dumb but other than the fact that the GSG is an agency which actually exists I can't think of anything realistic about CS

The point I was trying to make is that it's dumb to do it for one rifle and not the other.

Also, jump scouting is dumb.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Xenaero posted:

I don't wanna find out how long the irl flash lasts

About five seconds. It basically turns your eye's photoreceptor cells up to maximum for a split second, and then it takes five or so for them to adjust to the rapid shift in brightness back to normal.

It hurts like a bitch but the bang can be worse. The flash just blinds you, but that heals itself relatively quickly. The bang is loud enough to cause you to lose your balance from the shock to your inner ear.

e: Also if it goes off right next to you it can indeed injure you. It's basically a pyrotechnic in a can.

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed

Fauxshiz posted:

TSM beats fnatic, loses to Titan. Comedy.

I don't care much about SKINS but I discovered cs go lounge and have been throwing all my 20 cent skins at the underdog recklessly (because I didn't care if I lost them) and have been surprised to find that I've been winning 80% of the bets

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Kazinsal posted:

About five seconds. It basically turns your eye's photoreceptor cells up to maximum for a split second, and then it takes five or so for them to adjust to the rapid shift in brightness back to normal.

It hurts like a bitch but the bang can be worse. The flash just blinds you, but that heals itself relatively quickly. The bang is loud enough to cause you to lose your balance from the shock to your inner ear.

e: Also if it goes off right next to you it can indeed injure you. It's basically a pyrotechnic in a can.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLjBDB2lkiw Related

Live footage of Mcvey flashing in site

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

:dukedog:

Jump scouting is hilarious because the vast majority of time I end up shooting them in the face, long A on overpass is great for this when a CT is jumping up and down.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

santanotreal posted:

They're pixels that never had any value to begin with.

Most of our contemporary money is pixels

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

Killcam was brought up earlier, but I don't see it as a very big deal. On the other hand, knowing damage dealt as soon as you die seems a little silly. There are plenty of rounds where as far as I know, I missed all my shots through smoke or in a spray. Then as soon as I get killed, I'm rewarded with game changing information for my team. It seems like the pro games don't reveal it, and they just rely on what they saw. They still know they hit them, and often know that it was so close they ask "hp?"

Carrier
May 12, 2009

Alighieri posted:

Jump scouting is hilarious because the vast majority of time I end up shooting them in the face, long A on overpass is great for this when a CT is jumping up and down.

I like hiding behind metalbox on B site on dust 2 and pinging the t awper in the head. You can also jump up onto the boxes leading to window and get a nice jump scout down to mid. In some ways I prefer the scout to an awp/rifle in B.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

mcvey posted:

Next up on Valves GO to-do board:

-economy system
+load outs

haha

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy

Alighieri posted:

Trying to trade for a ST AWP on csgolounge and the amount of people who think normal stickers make their weapon a special snowflake worth double marketplace value makes me sad. Am I crazy in thinking once a sticker is used on a weapon any value it had is gone?

From what I understand everyone on lounge is crazy and thinks they need to always be making 100% profit or it's a bad trade. Stickers do add a little to the value of a gun to some people but others scratch that poo poo off unhesitatingly so it's all up to the buyer to judge if it looks good or not. Presuming that your dumb custom name or random stickers make your gun fantastically valuable is pretty foolish, even guns with Howling Dawn stuck on it (a $40 sticker) only realistically sell for a few dollars more than base price.

That said I like hunting down weapons with nametags and stickers slapped all over them.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

nftyw posted:

That said I like hunting down weapons with nametags and stickers slapped all over them.

Hahaha this gimmick loving owns, I love this

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

I've lost multiple games because gaben keeps disconnecting me, even though the rest of my internet works fine. I have nothing modded with CS: Go and I even verified the game cache. Anyone else get his?

I guess losing my scrub MG rank doesn't matter much, but it's pretty lovely for my teammates. Plus it means I can't counter the strikes

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

the MM servers are trash loving garbage even before you get to the tickrate. I've been in games where there's a 150ms swing in pings

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

Yeah, I'm not getting ESEA until I can get LEM rank and hold it, but I'm sure it'll be a relief when I do.

Since I've only been playing for a few months, it'll probably be a bit before I get there though.. I have 135 wins @ mg1, I figure it'll get exponentially harder at DMG and then LE, but I've played with MGEs and it seemed basically the same

SCrub rank life

aborn
Jun 2, 2001

1, 2, woop! woop!

Carol Pizzamom posted:

Yeah, I'm not getting ESEA until I can get LEM rank and hold it, but I'm sure it'll be a relief when I do.

Since I've only been playing for a few months, it'll probably be a bit before I get there though.. I have 135 wins @ mg1, I figure it'll get exponentially harder at DMG and then LE, but I've played with MGEs and it seemed basically the same

SCrub rank life

Go loving play ESEA and expedite this magical rank up process

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Carol Pizzamom posted:

SCrub rank life

The rank ups do have something behind them, but yeah, just go play ESEA if you're double AK and really, sincerely think you'll get to LEM eventually.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Carol Pizzamom posted:

I've lost multiple games because gaben keeps disconnecting me, even though the rest of my internet works fine. I have nothing modded with CS: Go and I even verified the game cache. Anyone else get his?

Yeap. Last couple of days around peak hours friends have had trouble joining both lobbies and community servers, plus some random connection issues to games like warping and good ol' disconnecting when the internet connection is otherwise fine

e: speaking of community servers, last few days there's been so many people online we've been playing friendly 5v5's- but what's the easiest way to set up a 5v5 game with competitive rules? We got 10 people in a lobby, but that seemed to only support setting up casual games for some reason. We had to go find an empty 10 slot community server with the right ruleset in the wild and play on that. Did we miss something, or is it really this much of a hassle without renting a server?

Bohemian Nights fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Apr 8, 2015

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
You can't do 5v5 competitive without your own community server.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
That strikes me as a bit silly, but good to know! I guess they want to give people a reason to rent, but eh.

e: Also played my first mm game with only random MG's, and maybe I got lucky, but the amount of info being shared and willingness to actually work together is about a million times higher than its equivalent seemed to be in nova.

Bohemian Nights fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Apr 8, 2015

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Bohemian Nights posted:

That strikes me as a bit silly, but good to know! I guess they want to give people a reason to rent, but eh.

e: Also played my first mm game with only random MG's, and maybe I got lucky, but the amount of info being shared and willingness to actually work together is about a million times higher than its equivalent seemed to be in nova.

I think its more that taking 10 people from a lobby and having them play 5v5 competitive would make it very easy to game the system. You are probably better off just stopping at 5 and telling the rest of the guys to start their own lobby. Or play goonmans.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

I think its more that taking 10 people from a lobby and having them play 5v5 competitive would make it very easy to game the system. You are probably better off just stopping at 5 and telling the rest of the guys to start their own lobby. Or play goonmans.

Well, it wouldn't be gaming the system if it was "casual" competitive, just 5v5 competitive ruleset without there being any consequences for your elo rating. This is all with friends, so it's basically a goonmans anyway, just better and in Norwegian.'

e: there doesn't really seem to be enough eurogoons active in cs:go for a full euro goonman, anyway!

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Bohemian Nights posted:

Well, it wouldn't be gaming the system if it was "casual" competitive, just 5v5 competitive ruleset without there being any consequences for your elo rating. This is all with friends, so it's basically a goonmans anyway, just better and in Norwegian.'

e: there doesn't really seem to be enough eurogoons active in cs:go for a full euro goonman, anyway!

There are enough. But if there's like 20-30 eurogoons, getting 10 of them at any one time is fairly unlikely.

Jessie Tanner
Jan 18, 2013
I think jump scouting would be fine if the hitboxes weren't so broken. They get very displaced when you jump or do various other things, making them almost impossible to kill if they abuse it in certain spots.

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY

Jeza posted:

There are enough. But if there's like 20-30 eurogoons, getting 10 of them at any one time is fairly unlikely.

Do we have that many? I've only ever noticed/played with you, kcer and that irish guy who's name i keep forgetting.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
carl

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

Ahdinko posted:

Do we have that many? I've only ever noticed/played with you, kcer and that irish guy who's name i keep forgetting.

I've seen quite a few, but most don't stick around. Goofballs, nibk, verify, rU are a few more. The fact is that it's pretty difficult to play with 120ms+, and the timings of goonmans can be a bit tough. Minimum of 10pm, and more like midnight for people on continent. And pings up to 150. I think there are a few more eurogoon posters.

Skiant
Mar 10, 2013
Eurogoon crew checking in. I never join any goonman, mostly because of timing.

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY

Jeza posted:

I've seen quite a few, but most don't stick around. Goofballs, nibk, verify, rU are a few more. The fact is that it's pretty difficult to play with 120ms+, and the timings of goonmans can be a bit tough. Minimum of 10pm, and more like midnight for people on continent. And pings up to 150. I think there are a few more eurogoon posters.

Actually I saw rU on last night but I wasn't on his team to hear his europeanness.
Maybe its just me and i have poo poo reactions or something but I don't really feel a difference in the 30-70 ping i get on MM and the 110-130 I get on goonmans. The biggest thing for me is when i'm fighting a corner, i go back round the corner and still die when I swear I was in cover but I guess the server thinks I wasnt.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

Ahdinko posted:

that irish guy who's name i keep forgetting.

poopnoob

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

I mean, when I say 'difficult', I wouldn't say it differs greatly from playing on 64 tick MM with 50-60ms, yeah more getting dragged back around corners etc., but I play a pretty different kind of game in goonmans than I would with 15-20ms on a decent 128 tick server. Less AK one-taps, more sneaking around and shoving my gun up butts with m1 engaged.

Also;

kcer posted:

poopnoob

Ephedra
Jan 5, 2010

Fight

->Jump<-

Item
Speak 'Merican you euro assholes especially curl.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
Swedish ought be the official CS language for callouts and spots imo.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
I find that 100+ms not that bad in most community servers, but almost unplayable in MM.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
trashabicep
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JW-KI-QmePI

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
As NiP's POV streams have taught us, having a Finn in a CS team is essential for good vibes.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
waterivesi disagress with you

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

I find that 100+ms not that bad in most community servers, but almost unplayable in MM.

I play at 100-120ms constantly :allears:

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Playing a tournament match at 150ms on goonman...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
So, is there some sort of IP or mac address trace or whatever to prevent people smurfing too hard? Asking because an MG friend of mine solo queued and got his first two smurf wins today, with both games pretty much only having other mg's in it, which seems a bit too high and conveniently near his rank to be a coincidence.

• Locked thread