Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
hahahaha gamers2 get out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

his fantasy lcs shills at the end of videos now are almost qtpie level

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

holy poo poo this thorin clg video is savage

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Lovechop posted:

few minutes into thorin's new vid on clg. he is going loving SAVAGE on this poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHrFcmoajkw
holy poo poo, it's kind of funny because CLG are playing awful to the point I don't feel bad for them anymore, they seem to just not want to solve any of their team problems. I honestly think they'd be better benching 3-4 members of their team and building around Aphro at this point.

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama

Flipswitch posted:

holy poo poo, it's kind of funny because CLG are playing awful to the point I don't feel bad for them anymore, they seem to just not want to solve any of their team problems. I honestly think they'd be better benching 3-4 members of their team and building around Aphro at this point.

Not sold on aphro's shotcalling, doublelift, link, xsmithie, or scarra as a coach. Replace everyone but aphro and zion spartan. They deserve no sympathy at this point. They've put less effort into being a good team than every other team in the Na lcs.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Jayisspecial posted:

Not sold on aphro's shotcalling, doublelift, link, xsmithie, or scarra as a coach. Replace everyone but aphro and zion spartan. They deserve no sympathy at this point. They've put less effort into being a good team than every other team in the Na lcs.

Yeah, blowing up a team sounds great but that's a lot of quality players you're going to be stuck looking for and it's doubtful that you will find a player of better quality out there.

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010

Hypocrisy posted:

Yeah, blowing up a team sounds great but that's a lot of quality players you're going to be stuck looking for and it's doubtful that you will find a player of better quality out there.

The problem isn't quality, barring XSmithie. The problem is a gross lack of teamwork and shot calling. They might need to grab worse players that can lead or roleplay at this point.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Hypocrisy posted:

The 'quality' isn't bringing any results now, you can only go up from here. Like Link and Xmithie dont' bring gently caress all imo.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
Watching this Thorin vid and it's pretty fun but I cannot believe he just recommended CLG pick up St. Vicious. I don't know how much money it would take to get St. back on CLG but I would bet it's more around typical sports team money and not esports money.

Speaking of St, I am saddened that it turns out Liquid is the 4th place curse holders. I had high hopes for GV.

Failboattootoot fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Apr 7, 2015

Violently Car
Dec 2, 2007

You are now entering completely darkness
The shilling at the end, lol.

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

"If you're interested in Fantasy LCS like CLG fans are every season" goddamn thoorin you know us all too well

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

CLG Darien, holy moly hahaha

I'd kinda want to see that, and CLG Alex Ich. Just take HotshotGG out and shoot him and let Alex Ich run the entire show.

wodin
Jul 12, 2001

What do you do with a drunken Viking?

I mean, I get he's frustrated, but it's pretty over-the-top silly. He flops back and forth between 'you should pick winners, who cares about in-game skill' when advocating getting Saint instead of XSmithie and 'gently caress communication, choose only for in-game skill' when talking about some of the KR players. That being said, it definitely does seem like there might be some organizational issues that lead to some of this weirdness (particularly in speed of patch-to-patch adaptation, which is I think where CLG got hosed this time around). I guess we'll see how nuclear Hotshot goes on the roster in the offseason. I personally think he'd be sorta nuts to do anything other than maybe replace XSmithie or Link if an obvious upgrade appears, but I suspect we'll see more drastic change.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
FWIW I thought that video was funny, but Thoorin doesn't take into account the changes in meta that have hurt CLG. First of all, ADCs are less important than ever. Also, XSmithie's jungle pool was basically beheaded in 5.5 and 5.6, and top lane carries haven't really been a thing for like a whole season now.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

holy moly esex

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

Nostalgia used to be so much better.

wodin posted:

I mean, I get he's frustrated, but it's pretty over-the-top silly. He flops back and forth between 'you should pick winners, who cares about in-game skill' when advocating getting Saint instead of XSmithie and 'gently caress communication, choose only for in-game skill' when talking about some of the KR players.

It sounded more like he was advocating two different possibilities for CLG: one where they actually have a decisive shotcaller (Saint), and one where Doublelift actually plays like a carry (Impact/Darien)

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Sexpansion posted:

FWIW I thought that video was funny, but Thoorin doesn't take into account the changes in meta that have hurt CLG. First of all, ADCs are less important than ever. Also, XSmithie's jungle pool was basically beheaded in 5.5 and 5.6, and top lane carries haven't really been a thing for like a whole season now.

the worst thing a person can be on this planet, is a clg apologist

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Lovechop posted:

Yeah actually you may be right gently caress CLG

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Lovechop posted:

that and a woolite fan

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/patch/patch-57-notes

New patch notes be out. Shen's Ult cd gets dropped to 120 at lvl 18.

And the most powerful buff of all... Minions have spawn animations.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
there is at least one person out there who thinks roccat needs to rebuild around woolite

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Flipswitch posted:

that and a woolite fan

There's got to be at least one person out there quivering with anticipation at the prospect of getting Woolite's signature on a teemo plushie after Roccat gets relegated.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Hypocrisy posted:

Look at what happened to FNatic when they dumped their whole roster and built a team around their support. The "Old Guard" or whatever can go over to CLG Academy and figure out if they're still good enough to be pro players. Aphro sure as hell is, he's being held back. Zionspartan isn't awful either.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

SC Bracer posted:

there is at least one person out there who thinks roccat needs to rebuild around woolite

He and Jesiz are already busy putting the finishing touches on the new superteam

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Libertine posted:

He and Jesiz are already busy putting the finishing touches on the new superteam

oh man, the jesiz/woolite super team would be amazing. please let this happen in real life.

In other news EL is apparently going to be Froggen, Tabbz, Krepo, Dexter, with I guess KEV1N or some mystery top laner. Shook & Wickd peacing out like Rekkles.

This is CLG's big chance!

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
If It was up to me, I'd give Nyph back the Support role on Elements. He's way better than Krepo and it was stupid to replace him in the first place.

Kevin, Dexter, Froggen, Tabzz, Nyph would be a lineup that I would at least much rather watch than what they trotted out this split.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Jerkface posted:

In other news EL is apparently going to be Froggen, Tabbz, Krepo, Dexter, with I guess KEV1N or some mystery top laner.

I'm not particularly excited about Dexter, but maybe most of his problem was CLG idk

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!

Libertine posted:

hype as gently caress

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Dexter basically got rolled by the jungle nerfs to Elise & Lee Sin. I thought he was a smart player that could be a nice fit on a good team. Don't think he is world class or anything. With taking a split off who knows how good he is now or if he has other champions. His flash nunu snowball onto a basically full health champion with no one else in sight in the playoff series that relegated CLG to the promotion tournament was one of my all time favorite league plays.

I think a lot of people would want CLG to remove doublelift, and I guess if you replaced him with Rekkles or forgiven there'd be some merit there, but I think doublelift & aphro are the only players in CLG that could match up internationally & they do at least tend to win their lane. Plus the both know how to play the early game extremely well which is a skill that is rare I think. They need to do something about Mid & Jungle that addresses their mid->late game concerns. Zions fine.

edit: I legit now want to see a Wickd, Shook, Jesiz, Woolite, Support(Unlimited?) "super" team

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Maybe it's just because Dexter was on CLG but honestly I think he was in the lower tier of pro players at his best and was frankly never all that great.

He seems like a cool guy though, and maybe I'm too critical because jungle is the role I pay the most attention to and he had the unfortunate luck to be on CLG.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

One of the other things with CLG is that with Zion & Rush Hour they should have been trying to get more aggressive lanes out there and pulling the 1v1/2v2 matchups. Instead they lane swapped like 99% of the time because its a strategy that works to get them marginally ahead in the early game. I wonder if things would be different if they had any other strategy at all for the early game, like letting Doublelift & Aphromoo go wild on a botlane they should crush to build an advantage that way.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!

Jerkface posted:

edit: I legit now want to see a Wickd, Shook, Jesiz, Woolite, Support(Unlimited?) "super" team

Unlimited made Woolite look not retarded enough to get the rookie award, so I think he might actually be pretty decent.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Flameingblack posted:

Look at what happened to FNatic when they dumped their whole roster and built a team around their support. The "Old Guard" or whatever can go over to CLG Academy and figure out if they're still good enough to be pro players. Aphro sure as hell is, he's being held back. Zionspartan isn't awful either.

They didn't dump their whole roster, their roster quit/retired on them. And yeah, that one worked out.

On the other hand, let's look at Roccat who became putrid after swapping out their ADC, moving their mid top, and getting a new mid. Look at Dignitas. Heck, remember goon Favorite Super Hot Crew?

CLG may have flamed out in playoffs but they were second place for like 80% of the split. If you're going to blow all of that up, you better be drat sure there's better out there because we know fully well that this group can perform at the highest level in NA. They just didn't that series.

Hypocrisy fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Apr 7, 2015

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Hypocrisy posted:

They didn't dump their whole roster, their roster quit/retired on them. And yeah, that one worked out.

On the other hand, let's look at Roccat who became putrid after swapping out their ADC, moving their mid top, and getting a new mid. Look at Dignitas. Heck, remember goon Favorite Super Hot Crew?

CLG may have flamed out in playoffs but they were second place for like 80% of the split. If you're going to blow all of that up, you better be drat sure there's better out there.
The difference between those teams and FNatic were that a team was built specifically around one player, and the rest were just scrapping together what they could. Supa Hot Screw and even Alliance were really good teams their first split that fell apart because of mis-management.

Aphromoo would probably be one of the best players in NA to build a whole team around, he's probably mechanically, one of the best support players in the West. You have people like Bunnyfufu who can play a godlike Thresh but Aphro is way above the cut on everything he plays.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
It's probably been mentioned but on the off chance it hasn't, Sunday is going to be a hilarious clusterfuck in the LPL. Two Chinese teams are going to play a BO3, but neither team wants to win, since the winner has the harder matchup. So basically we're going to watch two Chinese teams sandbag and try to not be disqualified.

They can't surrender, either, since if Team A surrenders, Team B can immediately surrender and then Team A wins. So somehow they have to lose convincingly but they're both trying so it's going to be really dumb/hilarious.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Thumbtacks posted:

It's probably been mentioned but on the off chance it hasn't, Sunday is going to be a hilarious clusterfuck in the LPL. Two Chinese teams are going to play a BO3, but neither team wants to win, since the winner has the harder matchup. So basically we're going to watch two Chinese teams sandbag and try to not be disqualified.

They can't surrender, either, since if Team A surrenders, Team B can immediately surrender and then Team A wins. So somehow they have to lose convincingly but they're both trying so it's going to be really dumb/hilarious.

Which teams are this? I assume the winner goes to face EDG? But I thought LPL got rid of the double elimination so wouldn't losing on purpose just knock you out? Or is this a tie breaker situation to determine seeding? In which case I still don't know why the winner would face the harder team. Perhaps provide more context?

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

Thoorin's points about the CLG organization being awful is what stood out to me the most. Hotshot really needs to loving find some leadership and structure for this team. Obviously they need to look at roster swaps but this team needs a leader more than anything. They need people who aren't going to be best friends with the team (zikz/scarra) to get them to shape the gently caress up.

In a lot of Hotshot's interviews he talks about how his vision of CLG is to be a "family" and for everyone to be close. This is a good sentiment but it's really not a winning formula and if you're going to tell people that your team is a winning team then you can't have this kind of system in place. I mean it's not like you can't have everyone in your org be friends with each other. TSM manages to be both friendly and commanding when it needs to. Hotshot is such a loving carebear jfc.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Flameingblack posted:

Aphromoo would probably be one of the best players in NA to build a whole team around, he's probably mechanically, one of the best support players in the West.

I want to agree because I like him as a player so much, but if he's the person shotcalling for CLG then... he should not be doing that. And he is not a top player right now.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
http://www.dailydot.com/esports/elements-more-to-leave-with-rekkles/

Not at all surprising, but there you go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

I agree with the sentiment that Aphroomoo is amazing during the regular season but he isn't 'clutch', where as like most of TSM is 'clutch'. CLG needs at least a few clutch people to help prop up their non-clutch people. One of CLG's most glaring differences between them & TSM is that Reginald is a 100% power mover extrovert, where as Hotshotgg has aspergers. Of course Regi is going to out manage the poo poo out of Hotshot. He has no problem calling Xpecial a piece of dog poo poo on the ground then tabbing over to some million dollar sponorship meeting & laying down the law followed up by acquiring a CS GO team & immediately branding them like crazy.

Hard to compete with that. Hotshot strikes me as the reticent owner type in interviews. He likely needs a really strong general manager.

• Locked thread